Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      24 (26.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.2%)
      Dominic Solanke
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      51 (55.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2017 09:57:17 pm

Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25907 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Nov 30, 2017 12:40:08 pm
      Great result, and while we didn't make as many chances, I thought the chances we had were pretty good ones.

I thought that the rules had been changed and the last man was not automatically sent off if they were making an attempt to play the ball, so surely yellow was the correct decision.

Went for Mane for my MOTM - thought he was very good and his play for the second was excellent.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #392: Nov 30, 2017 12:56:56 pm
      Our front line is devastating while the crosses keeps getting into our box from Moreno's side. Did Klopp notice that the opposition now is smart. they know too well that Moreno's right foot is hopeless and they shifted the ball to the right side of Moreno and made the crosses. Moreno boy, start to learn how to defend with your right leg, you're simply too much left footed. I trust Risse's right legmore than that of Moreno's. At least scored us an all important goal against barca using his right leg.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #393: Nov 30, 2017 01:22:47 pm
      Great result, especially since spuds lost. Need to keep this momentum through to January and see where we are then.

YNWA
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #394: Nov 30, 2017 01:23:27 pm
      needed that last post as it got me off being a Razor Ruddock!!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #395: Nov 30, 2017 01:28:25 pm
      Our front line is devastating while the crosses keeps getting into our box from Moreno's side. Did Klopp notice that the opposition now is smart. they know too well that Moreno's right foot is hopeless and they shifted the ball to the right side of Moreno and made the crosses. Moreno boy, start to learn how to defend with your right leg, you're simply too much left footed. I trust Risse's right legmore than that of Moreno's. At least scored us an all important goal against barca using his right leg.

His recovery tackling was good for most of the first half......the trouble was he kept having to make them because he’s still out of position constantly (despite whatever charts others may post). I guarantee that’s not what Klopp is telling him.

I thought he struggled for large patches last night. Thankfully Shaqiri wasn’t really up for it last night.

The bit where Bertie gave away a free kick in right back position after bombing forward centrally ahead of the strike force was just bizarre.

Needs to settle the f#ck back down if Jürgen is gonna persevere with him.

PS: on Shaqiri - she’s really let herself go. What the f#ck must Gerard Pique be thinking.......?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #396: Nov 30, 2017 02:49:17 pm
      Henderson came on for the last few minutes and had a great opportunity to whip in a lovely cross but did his usual and side ways passed it.

3-0 up at the time. That’s his mentality

Why would you want to whip in crosses in stoppage time while being up 3-0?

Why not just kill the game?...oh wait

Did you ever consider that he is doing exactly what the manager it telling him to do?
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2017 02:57:00 pm by AZPatriot »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #397: Nov 30, 2017 03:16:03 pm
      Not playing Henderson credited with keeping clean sheet against long ball team who had plenty of chances and didn’t take them

I know mate; you couldn't make it up. Nerr... nerr... nerr. 🎈

Migs series of saves at the end? Only made them 'cause Henderson wasn't on; dontcha know? 😕

Honest to F**k - there's wiser chewing grass. 😂😂😂
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2017 03:21:20 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #398: Nov 30, 2017 04:06:52 pm
      I know mate; you couldn't make it up. Nerr... nerr... nerr. 🎈

Migs series of saves at the end? Only made them 'cause Henderson wasn't on; dontcha know? 😕

Honest to f**k - there's wiser chewing grass. 😂😂😂

Some of it is so absurd but presented with a bludgeoning buffoonery - like channelling Leslie Nielsen in Airplane.

Obviously Migs WOULD have been sent off if Henderson had been playing.

That much is clear to everybody Shirley?

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,642 posts | 3918 
      Reply #399: Nov 30, 2017 04:10:09 pm
      Why would you want to whip in crosses in stoppage time while being up 3-0?

Why not just kill the game?...oh wait

Did you ever consider that he is doing exactly what the manager it telling him to do?

What? Kill the game at 3-0 with 1 min to go.

Alright mate.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #400: Nov 30, 2017 04:34:16 pm
      What? Kill the game at 3-0 with 1 min to go.

Alright mate.

Or perhaps maybe keep a clean sheet?

You would think according to you that Henderson consistently plays sideways by his own choosing (basically going rogue on the pitch) against the managers direction.

Perhaps they decided 3-0 was enough and it wasn't worth an injury or losing a clean sheet?

Why moan about something like this when it's pretty clear after 2 years that he is doing what the manager is telling him to do? especially with a minute to play?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #401: Nov 30, 2017 04:38:59 pm
      Saw the final score,happy as F**k with that,watched the goals,still happy.Thinga are going pretty damn good at the moment.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #402: Nov 30, 2017 05:32:48 pm
      Quote from: Mignolet
      I had to bring him down really because otherwise it's a goal and then it's 1-1. They had a free-kick to score from but we defended that. It is a reaction and a bit of instinct at that moment in time but that is what I thought I had to do. Luckily it paid off.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11150058/simon-mignolet-says-he-was-right-to-foul-mame-diouf-in-liverpools-win-over-stoke

So full of sh*t, isn't he? Should be more like this..

Quote from: How Mignolet should have answered
      I bought him down because I was too slow off my line and mis-timed the tackle. Luckily, I got a yellow and it was outside the box, otherwise it's a red and goal, then it's 1-1.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #403: Nov 30, 2017 05:42:03 pm

Saw that on Match of the Day last night. A load of bullshit.

You just know Mignolet is the type of person who trips up in the street and then immediately breaks out into a run just to make it look like he never tripped in the first place.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,642 posts | 3918 
      Reply #404: Nov 30, 2017 06:13:37 pm
      Or perhaps maybe keep a clean sheet?

You would think according to you that Henderson consistently plays sideways by his own choosing (basically going rogue on the pitch) against the managers direction.

Perhaps they decided 3-0 was enough and it wasn't worth an injury or losing a clean sheet?

Why moan about something like this when it's pretty clear after 2 years that he is doing what the manager is telling him to do? especially with a minute to play?

Yawn
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #405: Nov 30, 2017 06:19:28 pm

Henderson came on for the last few minutes and had a great opportunity to whip in a lovely cross but did his usual and side ways passed it.

3-0 up at the time. That’s his mentality

Piss and moan about sideways passing when up 3-0 with a minute to go..."Yawn"

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #406: Nov 30, 2017 06:25:45 pm
      I did say I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the match.

I'm just not surprised one bit we slapped another side without Henderson playing. Doesn't come as a coincidence to me.

Our stats of us conceding with and without Henderson are there to see. I'd also guess we score more goals without him too? Maybe somebody can confirm?

But yeah, I'm talking bollocks obviously to you hendo fan boys.

I'll tell you what's bollocks. Whoever said - If Henderson was playing he would have brought much calmness and composure and we would have passed it around much better - or words to that effect  :lmao:

But yeah. Keep saying it's people like me who are deluded. We'll soon see once Keita arrives won't we.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #407: Nov 30, 2017 06:54:23 pm
      I did say I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the match.

I'm just not surprised one bit we slapped another side without Henderson playing. Doesn't come as a coincidence to me.

Our stats of us conceding with and without Henderson are there to see. I'd also guess we score more goals without him too? Maybe somebody can confirm?

But yeah, I'm talking bollocks obviously to you hendo fan boys.

I'll tell you what's bollocks. Whoever said - If Henderson was playing he would have brought much calmness and composure and we would have passed it around much better - or words to that effect  :lmao:

But yeah. Keep saying it's people like me who are deluded. We'll soon see once Keita arrives won't we.

And if he stays in the team will you and the others finally give it a F***ing rest?

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #408: Nov 30, 2017 07:08:49 pm
      Great result, and while we didn't make as many chances, I thought the chances we had were pretty good ones.

I thought that the rules had been changed and the last man was not automatically sent off if they were making an attempt to play the ball, so surely yellow was the correct decision.

Went for Mane for my MOTM - thought he was very good and his play for the second was excellent.

You're right, the rules have changed but I think we're lucky, if it was done against us I would be fuming. I honestly do not know what to decide.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #409: Nov 30, 2017 07:12:22 pm
      You're right, the rules have changed but I think we're lucky, if it was done against us I would be fuming. I honestly do not know what to decide.

The one by Hart which was shown on MOTD looked a lot worse.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,425 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #410: Nov 30, 2017 07:26:27 pm
      Must be a weird feeling for a large section of our fans cheering for a group of men in orange
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #411: Nov 30, 2017 07:30:35 pm

You're right about the sending off and if you watch closely the Stoke attacker knocks it to the left, perpendicular to the goal, rather than towards it and it's this movement of the ball which, imo, makes it the right call for a yellow. Had the player, for instance, nutmegged Mignolet and therefore there would have been no opportunity for cover to impede the way to goal then it's a straight red. That's my reading of it at least.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #412: Nov 30, 2017 07:32:27 pm
      The one by Hart which was shown on MOTD looked a lot worse.

I haven't seen it but was Mignolet trying to play for the ball?
      DanMann

• 5,750 posts | 882 
      Reply #413: Nov 30, 2017 08:31:01 pm

How can you criticise him for being slow off his line when he was precisely the opposite? Just don't get it.

Quick Reply