Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Robbie Fowler returns

Read 5795 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Jan 28, 2006 01:21:24 pm
      So Robbie is back! On a free transfer. The reds made £11 million out of his move away from the club.

But what do you think will happen.  Will he be able to return to anywhere near his best? Where does he rank against Crouch, Cisse, Morientes and Sinama?

Will he be used in Europe?

We want your thoughts on this unbelieveable transfer.
      Bart_lfc.pl
      The return of God
      Reply #1: Jan 28, 2006 01:46:55 pm
      I'm from Poland and Liverpool is my favourite club since 1998. Robbie is a good player. I'm sure he'll be very good singing :!:  :!:  :!:
      FOWLER- THE LEGEND OF ANFIELD
      Mint Biscuit
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #2: Jan 28, 2006 02:03:56 pm
      Totally delighted. For free and shirt sales alone will pay wages. We know he is not the long term answer but if he gets 5/7 till the end of the season that is a result guys
      ajc1984
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #3: Jan 28, 2006 02:04:18 pm
      I'm absolutely delighted, can't wait to see him in a red shirt again.

Without doubt one of the greatest goalscorers the club has ever seen, and if nothing else it will give the fans an enourmous lift, and maybe kick Cisse and Morientes' arse into gear.
      Watyeonabout
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #4: Jan 28, 2006 02:04:50 pm
      Funnily enough, I think it will work. Fowler couldn't really get motivated playing for a mid table team, but the prospect of playing the likes of Bayern Munich or Barcelona and fighting it out for domestic honours will really fire him up. With all respect Liverpool is a massive step up from City. Fowler should rediscover his work ethic and who knows, might well nick a place in the England squad for the World Cup. It's a great deal for everyone.
      Red men back on top
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #5: Jan 28, 2006 02:05:27 pm
      Heard the news just before I set off for work. I spent the whole one hour plus drive with the widest grin ever.

Considering that I have just started a 12 hour night shift on a Friday, I should be in a bad mood, but I just can't stop being absolutely delighted.

I was heartbroken when he went - he should never have gone and he belongs back home with us. I couldn't care less what any other fans say, but to those who doubt the wisdom of the signing, just picture this:

There is a loose ball in the penalty area, who would you want on the end of it: Crouch, Morientes, Pongolle, Cisse or Fowler? I think we all know the answer.

I was recently quite chuffed when I got my tickets through for the Brum game, now I'm ecstatic.

Welcome back God, oh how we've missed you.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2006 02:11:46 pm
      Completely made up.  One of the early poster's was right he is only 30. And reckon I would play a million times better for Liverpool than for anyone else.

I just hope he is injury free.  Even if he is used as a substitute he can come on and liven a game up.

I can see him scoring a fair few.

Can't wait to see him run out in front of the kop again!
      Anonymous
      Re: Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2006 03:45:41 pm
      Quote from: "The Editor"
      So Robbie is back! On a free transfer. The reds made £11 million out of his move away from the club.

But what do you think will happen.  Will he be able to return to anywhere near his best? Where does he rank against Crouch, Cisse, Morientes and Sinama?

Will he be used in Europe?

We want your thoughts on this unbelieveable transfer.

i think is totally waste of time. His thirty year old and too slow for the team. May be Ian Rush may be the next on Rafa's list
      Robbie had scored many wonderful goals for liverpool but that in the past.
      irishred
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      GOD
      Reply #8: Jan 28, 2006 03:46:43 pm
      Couldn't be happier.

Great to see him back.  He lost a lot of passion & drive when he was forced to go, but it could return with a bang and a hatful of goals.

Will probably be used more from the bench, but if the old Robbie emerges, who knows? :D  :D  :D
      Anonymous
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2006 04:15:54 pm
      Get in- so glad to see him back, love to see him for last 20 mins against Brum on wednesday.
      Scouser Tommy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #10: Jan 29, 2006 01:33:33 pm
      Maybe the two threads on Robbie Fowler should be merged ?? But here is what I said in that one ....

"The signing of Robbie Fowler is a masterstroke in many ways. He is an experienced player who will, despite his age and his physical condition, will put pressure on the other frontmen. The energy generated within the club through the crowd's exultation will push expectations ever higher. It is a signing that will be good for the spirit of the club. Rafa's words about Robbie having a passion and a desire that money could noy buy is spot on.

No doubt Cisse will be the person most anxious by the arrival of God but that is no bad thing if he can use it positively. Cisse has fantastic potential and I would really like him to come good at Liverpool but he has got to get his head round what Benitez wants; a player of controlled aggression able to bring others into play and be prepared to play second fiddle to the best man on or off the ball.

Cisse needs to have a very close look at Milan Baros' fate. Rafa got shut of the "Golden Boot" winner because it is what he does for the team that matters not what glory he can heap on himself."
      Grimes'y
      Fowler the return
      Reply #11: Jan 30, 2006 12:58:33 pm
      Now lets sign King Kenny!

I am sentimentally delighted, on the return of Robbie Fowler, he deserves his hour, Only to thank us all, for the incredible support he has received over the years.
      I'm delighted he didn’t look at the contract (Parry made him read it!) he's taken a 10k pay cut and would of played for nothing!

Now not let get carried away on how he's gonna win us this and that!

He has no pace at all! Was struggling 4 years ago.
      He has had more time off each season than one Michael Owen (How must he be feeling, I'll touch on this in a moment)
      That's an awful lot of time off, one injury seeming to bring on another, apparently he suffers with back problems?
      I cant see him trying to blag invalidity pension, not with the new Government legislation! (Scousers, what are they like?)

We will have to put the ball in front of him to score, he isn't gonna create a goal of his own,
      Similar to the last goal he scored for City, and what a great striker of a ball he still is!
      In contrast his link up play these day's is excellent, his passing is thoughtful and accurate.

I'll look forward to his return on Wednesday & His goal (Of yes he will! Probably a pen)

Now: Over in Frozen North Wales, a greedy little star who takes a helicopter up to the North East to work, must be gutted!
      He must be crawling round his Mansion, crying "it should have been me", if only I'd not signed and waited for Madrid to fold and for them to sell me back to the club I love (though not more than money or England or my profile), if only Newcastle hadn't offered me 120k a week! How could I refuse???.

Yeah I'm made up!

F.O.W.L.E.R! (replicate loudly by 45.000)
      Graeme Lambert
      Fowler Is God
      Reply #12: Jan 30, 2006 10:57:38 pm
      Robbie Fowler is excellent and i am hoping he will regain a second 'prime' when he makes his second debut.

I grew up watching Fowler for Liverpool, and included in the Rafalution, im sure he will be a star again, but i doubt report of him playing for England in World Cup 06 though.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #13: Jan 30, 2006 11:39:17 pm
      SO pleased with his comments at today's press conference.  

He seemed overwhelmed to be back.  I just hope at the least it gives a bit of competition to the rest of them up front, and at best he may grab a few goals.

I think when his number comes up at Anfield against Birmingham there will be a definite electricity in the atmosphere at Anfield.

Gutted i can't be there for it....
      Davey G
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #14: Jan 31, 2006 04:24:46 pm
      I was on holiday when i found out, its the best january ever

D
      Jesus
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #15: Jan 31, 2006 05:55:45 pm
      Yeah, lvoed everything he said at the press conference, especially the bit about "it doesn't matter the number on the back, its the badge on front that counts"

Guys a legend, and even though there are some people who do not think it's a good move, well, we got nothing to lose do we?

Fowler is a Legend, Fowler is GOD
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #16: Feb 04, 2006 09:18:53 pm
      I for one am thrilled to bits !  we got nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Bring them Rent Boys on...
      Anonymous
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #17: Feb 11, 2006 05:54:33 pm
      Great 1st half today,some great link up play.
      Cant wait for him to be fully fit.
      Hashman
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #18: Feb 11, 2006 06:31:03 pm
      Quote from: "Anonymous"

Yes, not bad at all.  A couple of weeks and hopefully he'll be closer to lasting the full ninety minutes.
      alans
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #19: Feb 12, 2006 12:22:12 pm
      Quote from: "Anonymous"

I thought he showed an awareness that our other strikers often lack.When he's fit he will provide even more "possibilities" :D
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Robbie Fowler returns
      Reply #20: Jul 29, 2006 02:16:10 pm
      Queen save our GOD, noble and goalscoreious, and we adore we must

Quick Reply