Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre match : Brighton v Liverpool : 2nd Dec 15.00

Read 3535 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre match : Brighton v Liverpool : 2nd Dec 15.00
      Dec 01, 2017 07:49:21 am
      I would imagine Suarez sorry Salah will be back for this along with Coutinho. Brighton certainly like to keep it tight at the back and I imagine these lot will be tougher to crack than Stoke.

Will Hendo automatically walk back in place of Can, he hasn't shown any sort of firm which would warrant a start.
      This might be the game where we eventually see Robertson, Moreno is playing a insane number of games and is being run into the ground.

Not what we will see but.

Ward
      TAA
      Matip
      Klavan
      Robertson

Can
      Gini
      Ox

Salah
      Mane
      Firmino
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Re: Pre match : Brighton v Liverpool : 2nd Dec 15.00
      Reply #1: Dec 01, 2017 11:14:21 am
      Think we need to get some creativity in the Midfield as tough to score against. Gini would be no where near  for me especially away and Can should start.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: Dec 01, 2017 11:41:46 am
      I expect the Fab 4 up front, Hendo and Gini joining Phil in midfield, Robertson and TAA as outside backs and Matip and Lovren at center backs, with Migs in goal. Only changes for Spartak will be Moreno and Gomez at defender and Karius in goal.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Dec 01, 2017 12:18:45 pm
      I expect the Fab 4 up front, Hendo and Gini joining Phil in midfield, Robertson and TAA as outside backs and Matip and Lovren at center backs, with Migs in goal. Only changes for Spartak will be Moreno and Gomez at defender and Karius in goal.

Same for me
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4: Dec 01, 2017 01:00:39 pm
      Completely forgot that Lallana might be available, would be good to see him get a half at least.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Dec 01, 2017 01:24:02 pm
      Surprise surprise we must have the most injury prone CB's in the league.

https://twitter.com/melissareddy_/status/936583572944818177
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6: Dec 01, 2017 01:27:03 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #7: Dec 01, 2017 01:36:00 pm
      No Matip and Mane limped off, although I've seen nothing to suggest he's injured, I'd rest him too. In fact I'd make a lot of changes because this should have been the game we rotate, not the Chelsea one.

Ward

TAA   Gomez   Lovren   Robertson

Milner

Oxlade-Chamberlain   Coutinho    Lallana

Salah   Solanke

Keep Salah in because he's in a rich vein of form and goals keep a Striker's confidence high. Lallana needs a run out so give him 70 minutes and Solanke played very well the other night so should retain his place against so-called 'lesser' opposition. Milner has had few run outs and with the busy Xmas schedule looming, it's a good time to rest Henderson before a run of key games. Same logic applies to Moreno with Robertson coming in for this game.

I doubt very much that this will be the team, it's just what I'd do. Most likely Mignolet and Klavan will keep their places, because you know, it seems Ward could cure Cancer and still not be given a game no matter how poorly Mignolet performs. Sturridge will probably start over Solanke but I would expect to see Lallana feature in some way in this match. The boss needs to start building up his game time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #8: Dec 01, 2017 03:10:54 pm
      Matip's injured, Klavan might have been ill but we're hardly stacked in defence so he's going to have to play - tough get over it lad!

Salah will start, Mane a possible doubt for this one.  Coutinho probably as part of the front three.

Whisper it quietly but if we could only win one of our next two games I think I'd take next week.

As it is - we should be able to do both even with a patched up defence.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #9: Dec 01, 2017 03:33:47 pm
      Matip's injured, Klavan might have been ill but we're hardly stacked in defence so he's going to have to play - tough get over it lad!

Salah will start, Mane a possible doubt for this one.  Coutinho probably as part of the front three.

Whisper it quietly but if we could only win one of our next two games I think I'd take next week.

As it is - we should be able to do both even with a patched up defence.

Win the next 3 (inc Moscow) and we’re 2 points off last season and we’ve won CL group.

Considering how it’s felt it at times.......

I think we’ll see Gomez at RB and Klavan at CB unless he’s really crook. Suspect he’ll keep going with Bertie but Milner might get a run out.

In the middle I think he’ll go Hendo, Can and Cou and up top Mo, Bobby and AOC unless Sadio is fit.

It really should be good enough.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #10: Dec 01, 2017 05:19:42 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2017/nov/30/270-miles-from-anfield-but-no-less-liverpool-video. My neighbourhood in Boston is called Allston-Brighton thought i'd missed out on a new supporters group for a second.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11: Dec 01, 2017 06:37:04 pm
      Ward is nowhere near ready to replace Migs, and I doubt he ever will be.
      He's 24 and hasn't managed to break through yet.

3 points, preferably an easy game so we can give players a bit of a rest, and others a bit of a run.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #12: Dec 01, 2017 07:34:45 pm
      Ward is nowhere near ready to replace Migs, and I doubt he ever will be.
      He's 24 and hasn't managed to break through yet.

3 points, preferably an easy game so we can give players a bit of a rest, and others a bit of a run.

We don't know that because he's been given no chance. Mignolet on the other hand, is given chance after chance after chance no matter how many times he fucks up. To be frank, I know a few Pub side goalkeepers that are ready to replace Migs. That guy shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

What's up with Lovren? Or do you mean Lovren and Klavan start?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: Dec 01, 2017 08:16:20 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #14: Dec 01, 2017 09:15:29 pm
      Never really comfortable with games down on the south coast.
      Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth even tomorrows opponents Brighton have all given us a tough game and took the points just when we thought we had it in the bag.
      So, It's safety first tomorrow for me and our main priority is to protect our back four by winning those midfield battles.

Yes, Salah needs to play along with Mane and Firmino but the four in midfield need to get stuck in and keep this winning run going.

Brighton look sh*t on paper but they have a lot of passion and aggression in their team plus a noisy home crowd and a decent Aussie goalie in Matthew Ryan..
      We need to let them know who we are early doors and shut them up..

The last time I saw Chris Hughton on the touchline against us he had a Norwich scarf around his neck and his head in his hands after a 5-0 thrashing..
      That's exactly how I want to see him again at 5pm tomorrow  ;D

Dodgy game ahead but If we allow our front three the freedom to mix it up we'll smash em.

3-0  :kop5cf8koxp6:

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Dec 01, 2017 09:25:20 pm
      Salah to continue his run. Looking forward to shighton on Brighton.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16: Dec 01, 2017 10:37:56 pm
      I guess it's Gomez and Lovren at center back then. This should be a match where Lallana can get some minutes in, but I doubt he will start. Would be nice if we can get a good-sized lead so Jürgen has freedom to make some changes with the midweek match in mind.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Dec 01, 2017 11:55:11 pm
      Looks like Robertson will start
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Dec 01, 2017 11:59:35 pm
      Lot of attacking line ups, suppose with our defense we have to get in in the first half and try and kill the game off. Then use our pace to pick them off in the second half. May be that sums up our tactics, wipe them out first half, wing it in the second.

It nearly worked under Rodgers but Klopp hasn't quite got the attack Rodgers had, but we are getting there. Some liken Salah to Suarez, bit unfair really.

It's going to be another rollercoaster from here on in.Not for the faint hearted .
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Dec 02, 2017 12:06:57 am
      Lot of attacking line ups, suppose with our defense we have to get in in the first half and try and kill the game off. Then use our pace to pick them off in the second half. May be that sums up our tactics, wipe them out first half, wing it in the second.

It nearly worked under Rodgers but Klopp hasn't quite got the attack Rodgers had, but we are getting there. Some liken Salah to Suarez, bit unfair really.

It's going to be another rollercoaster from here on in.Not for the faint hearted .

In a nutshell....the old...wipe and wing it ploy....as opposed to the slaughter and surrender we did recently..
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #20: Dec 02, 2017 12:11:49 am

Good basic idea, here's my changes:

Klavan for Gomez for the latter needs rest.

Solanke for Firminho to give Solanke more playing time for development, because Solanke soon will be what Sturridge was the last months: our premium striker backup.

Sturridge for Mané to rest a half-injured Mané and to give Sturridge time to present himself to other clubs.

p.s. I tried to use the LFC team builder but it didn't work, does one need to be some paying/premium member for this?

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Dec 02, 2017 12:50:09 am
      But again these attacking line ups are great when we slaughter teams, but when we are on the back foot and are..say 2/3 up..we concede and the wheels come off..and we just can't hold back the tide.

Playing a front 6 of...say Hendo,Ox,Coutinho,Mane,Firmino,Salah...that put massive pressure on Henderson and when the tide turns against us and we end up dropping points you can guarantee that the same posters will be on blaming Henderson.

If Klopp dosen't get some semblance of balance between attack and defending we will ride along on the same inconsistency that has blocked real progress. And pinning the entire blame on individuals in defense isn't all that fair.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #22: Dec 02, 2017 05:16:22 am
                          Migs
             Gomez Can Klavan
      Oxlade        Hendo      Moreno
               Lallana    Coutinho
                    Salah
                         Firmino