Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (4.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      38 (36.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (3.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (45.6%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (1.9%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2017 04:53:34 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26879 times
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Dec 02, 2017 07:41:31 pm
      Henderson, the brake pedal of lfc
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #323: Dec 02, 2017 07:41:40 pm
      Match of the Day running order
      Gary Lineker on Twitter:
      Bri/Liv,
      Che/New,
      Eve/Hud,
      Ars/ManU
      Wat/Tot,
      Sto/Swa,
      Lei/Bur,
      WBA/CP.

1st on!

@GaryLineker
       7m7 minutes ago
      More
      Just kidding. The MOTD running order: Ars/ManU, Bri/Liv, Che/New, Eve/Hud, Wat/Tot, Sto/Swa, Lei/Bur, WBA/CP. It’s a belter folks

Linker is a sh*t head.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #324: Dec 02, 2017 07:44:00 pm
      Don't be so ridiculous.

It was hendos fault.

F**k off , it was all moreno's fault
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #325: Dec 02, 2017 08:03:10 pm
      Match of the Day running order
      Gary Lineker on Twitter:
      Bri/Liv,
      Che/New,
      Eve/Hud,
      Ars/ManU
      Wat/Tot,
      Sto/Swa,
      Lei/Bur,
      WBA/CP.

1st on!

@GaryLineker
       7m7 minutes ago
      More
      Just kidding. The MOTD running order: Ars/ManU, Bri/Liv, Che/New, Eve/Hud, Wat/Tot, Sto/Swa, Lei/Bur, WBA/CP. It’s a belter folks

Linker is a sh*t head.

Think it was a joke because apparently the United game was 'one of the best of the season.'
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #326: Dec 02, 2017 08:15:29 pm
      Think it was a joke because apparently the United game was 'one of the best of the season.'

Oh. If someone has to explain a joke, it's not funny.

But 2nd will do.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #327: Dec 02, 2017 08:32:36 pm
      Yeah I gave him man of the match as well but the fact remains that we don't have as good a record with him as we do without him the season.   But you are right - he did have a wonderful game today.  Against Brighton.

I do think you are in a minority if you genuinely believe we have a chance of keeping him for a few more seasons.  At the minute I'd be surprised if he was still here in February.

I don't think we will either mate, I expect him to go next summer but it would be special if we could keep him longer. As for the record this season, It's a bit of a head scratcher but in the big games against the big sides he's the first name on my team sheet along with Mighty Mo.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #328: Dec 02, 2017 08:33:38 pm
      We're on Sky Game of the Day just starting now
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #329: Dec 02, 2017 08:40:11 pm
      You do realize you're the biggest moaner on here right?
      We just won 5-1 away from home so take a f**king break for fucks sake.

I know it's gone right over your head.. there was a point in my post.

See, I'm not the moaner here. That is left to the guys who want to blame Hendo / Moreno / Mignolet / Lovren for everything.

Funny enough, Mignolet had another good game, and if not for a crazy penalty decision, would have had a clean sheet. But these guys will still be criticised. At least Robertson is in now so, that's the awful Moreno out forever.. hurrah!  I'm hearing Robertson did everything in one game that Moreno has struggled with for years. Moreno never even tackled!! :D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #330: Dec 02, 2017 09:11:14 pm

See, I'm not the moaner here. That is left to the guys who want to blame Hendo / Moreno / Mignolet / Lovren for everything.

Funny enough, Mignolet had another good game, and if not for a crazy penalty decision, would have had a clean sheet. But these guys will still be criticised. At least Robertson is in now so, that's the awful Moreno out forever.. hurrah!  I'm hearing Robertson did everything in one game that Moreno has struggled with for years. Moreno never even tackled!! :D

So you're sick of people criticising some of our players then?

Funnily enough, I'm sick of people saying there is some sort of witch hunt too.

Who are these people who bash Moreno exactly? Name and shame them. I haven't seen any this season to be honest.

I think most of us have praised Morenos performances this season but we were worried that at some point he would go back to his old ways and cost us points. And we saw that at Sevilla. To be fair to him though, he has recovered well since. Is he a long term option? Something that is certainly worth discussing and people are more than justified in saying no.

Robertsons praise is also justified. He has only played for us a handful of times but whenever he has, he has done his job very well.

Lovren is another situation we have similar to Moreno but much, much worse. Lovren does have the occasional solid game, like we saw today, but thats not enough. We will soon see another performance from him that we saw at Tottenham away. Once a season he might get away with it but it's 6 or 7. We can't rely on him and he should never be first or second choice CB. If you think otherwise then you're just plain wrong.

I won't kick off the Henderson argument after he played in a great win today, but the fact he is marmite amongst us speaks volumes. I'd actually say there are more who don't rate him than people who do.

People don't moan for the sake of it. We just don't have short memories. And a couple of wins recently against sh*te teams who we should be pasting anyway doesn't change much.

Some of these players will always fall short and cost us when it really matters. If they were good enough then we would have won the league but the fact is, we are a million miles away.

However. Enough of that. A good win today. A very good win actually. I wasn't confident after seeing the starting 11 so to put five past a Brighton side away from home who in my opinion have a very solid back four is very impressive.

Well done to the mighty reds.

It was important we won today after Chelsea got 3 points in the early game. Chelsea have a nice 5 or 6 run of games now so we need to keep pace.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #331: Dec 02, 2017 09:15:21 pm

Not taking sides here Dan, but Bob Paisley once castigated a full back for tackling.
      “Why does he think he needs to tackle him there. He’s on the edge of his own box, he doesn’t want the ball there. His job is to hold him up, pressure him and make him turn away from our goal. Make him play the ball back up the field.”
      That was Bobs take on a full backs job. Not saying Moreno is better for not tackling, or Robbo is worse if he does. Just an observation.
      Make you think a bit though doesn’t it. My training methods changed after hearing that when I was coaching 😁
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #332: Dec 02, 2017 09:16:09 pm
      We win 5-1 and people still find reasons to moan.  I don't get it....  Just enjoy the win!! 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #333: Dec 02, 2017 09:21:26 pm
      I have not seen the match but a 5-1 win away from home will do for me any day.Well done to our REDS.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1395 
      Reply #334: Dec 02, 2017 09:40:15 pm
      Problem Klopp has, if it is a problem, is that he has an embarrassment of riches. He really has to rotate, to keep the squad ready and fresh enough to cope with the heavy fixture list. So he'll shift players in and out regardless of form in some of his picks.

But nearly all the players in the squad can come in and no understanding is lost. We mesmerised Brighton today. The passing and movement, the understanding was amazing. Brighton were chasing shadows at times. Coutinho was playing games with them.

So many moan about Hendo being negative and Gini gets some of the same, but it's not their game. Expecting for Hendo to do something out of this world or produce defense splitting passes every game just isn't going to happen.

The rotation will probably go on, we're in the top 4, not bad considering, according to many, we have no midfield or defense.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1395 
      Reply #335: Dec 02, 2017 10:19:40 pm
      The 4th goal by Coutinho was absolutely hilarious....in fact it was a pure joy to watch him today..think he might have wandered into the Harlem Globetrotters territory..
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1395 
      Reply #336: Dec 02, 2017 10:22:10 pm
      Chris Houghton seems to have said something to Klopp at the end there....wonder did he say..." Was that Coutinho takin' the piss.."
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #337: Dec 02, 2017 10:45:59 pm
      Harrisimo before me pretty much nailed it on the head.
      We have seven games lined up this month with four to five days in between each one so we'll just have to get use to these almost experimental line ups..
      I mean, Wijnaldum played the majority of that game at left back supporting Robertson when he went forward.
      Emre Can literally rose to the occasion playing his lazy game at centre half and it worked.

Trent and Robertson provided the width going forward along with the aggression in the trackback we're gonna need if we intend to come out of this month with a smile on our face.

A good solid team performance from everyone today so I'm well pleased.

One things for sure - Brighton are sh*te ! How embarrassing was that If you had paid good money as a Brighton fan to have to witness that today.

Hughton on the end of another 5 goal LFC thrashing..Norwich ! now Brighton! ha ha ha ..
      Anyone see the weird face off with Jürgen at the final whistle? don't think they shook hands ???

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #338: Dec 02, 2017 10:51:49 pm
      Formation was a 1-2-4-3 in effect. Works for me.  :)

Fun viewing today and now on to advancing from the CL group stage.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #339: Dec 02, 2017 11:02:00 pm
      Just watched MOTD and how the f**k was that a Pen?
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1395 
      Reply #340: Dec 02, 2017 11:06:03 pm

Could say Mig got away with a red card at Stoke and today we are on the wrong end of another poor decision. Although it was a ridiculous decision. If that's the standard, be 10 penalties per game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #341: Dec 02, 2017 11:25:16 pm
      Klopp took the piss today, we played a 1-6-3 and dominated for a majority of the game :D. That would piss me right off as an opposition manager.

Our 2nd & 3rd goals today were simply stunning. To go from what should have been 2-1 to instead being 3-0 up in the space of 14 seconds is a credit to our attack.

On the counter there isn't a better team in the league than us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #342: Dec 02, 2017 11:25:38 pm
      Could say Mig got away with a red card at Stoke and today we are on the wrong end of another poor decision. Although it was a ridiculous decision. If that's the standard, be 10 penalties per game.

YeH I suppose these daft deductions even out over the season.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #343: Dec 02, 2017 11:29:04 pm

Never a penalty but when you raise your arms in those situations you're asking the ref to make a decision. He inevitably made the wrong one though. There's no need for Henderson to have his hands in that position but he didn't do enough to make a grown man go full Tom Daley.

Just to highlight the inconsistency of refereeing these days, a penalty was awarded for that yet Welbeck didn't get one for being tripped in the box.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #344: Dec 02, 2017 11:32:28 pm
      Missed the game today so just watched it on MOTD. Great result, everything that could go right, did go right for a change, inspite of some, shall we say, interesting changes to the side. Also enjoyed the fact we mixed it up with the goals proving we're not a one trick pony when it comes to scoring.

Problem Klopp has, if it is a problem, is that he has an embarrassment of riches.

Embarassment of riches at one end, just an embrassment at the other. Sort that out in the Summer and we'll be doing next season what City are doing this.

Quick Reply