Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (4.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      38 (36.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (3.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (45.6%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (1.9%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2017 04:53:34 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26796 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 03, 2017 01:15:58 pm
      But he played well apart from his distribution. I'm one of those few that think he is our best keeper available, saying this is not implying that I would not buy a new keeper next Summer.

Yeah I agree with you totally. The lads shot but he's the best we have IMO.

I know Migs has had more of a chance and all that but Karius doesn't inspire any confidence when I see him play.

We have 3 number 2 goalkeepers and thats too many. We need a new number 1 and to shift one of our current two off.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #369: Dec 03, 2017 03:02:43 pm
      It was strange wasnā€™t it - especially when he was so gushing in the aftermath about us........

MotD seemed to think it was just that he found it offensive the way JĆ¼rgen gets so excited.

Probably that ā€œKlopp - cult of personalityā€ thingy some on here bang on about.

Whatā€™s all that about  :confused-smiley-013:

Big JĆ¼rgen's watching you
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #370: Dec 03, 2017 03:14:50 pm

JĆ¼rgenā€™s gonna get you........BOOM!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #371: Dec 03, 2017 04:31:25 pm
      No idea why Migs gets no love here. He's in the top 30 of goalkeepers of the world. The only keeper that are undoubtly better are Neuer (if he's healthy which he is not), de Gea and Courtois. In fact I think if Klopp didn't smoke pot and gave Karius the CL job then Migs would do better. But because he feels the pressure of the young german he might have become shaky, wouldn't be the first keeper to suffer from that kind of disrespect.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #372: Dec 03, 2017 04:47:46 pm
      No idea why Migs gets no love here. He's in the top 30 of goalkeepers of the world. The only keeper that are undoubtly better are Neuer (if he's healthy which he is not), de Gea and Courtois. In fact I think if Klopp didn't smoke pot and gave Karius the CL job then Migs would do better. But because he feels the pressure of the young german he might have become shaky, wouldn't be the first keeper to suffer from that kind of disrespect.

What the F**k are you talking about?!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #373: Dec 03, 2017 05:03:09 pm
      What the f**k are you talking about?!

I talk about Migs being a top keeper that happened to got axed in the CL by Klopp and that has a fragile defense before him. Both doesn't help. Many here are too harsh on him. There are no better keeper available. At least that is my opinion.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #374: Dec 03, 2017 05:09:12 pm
      I talk about Migs being a top keeper that happened to got axed in the CL by Klopp and that has a fragile defense before him. Both doesn't help. Many here are too harsh on him. There are no better keeper available. At least that is my opinion.

Migs is not a top keeper. He's the worst in the league bar none. No argument.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #375: Dec 03, 2017 05:17:40 pm

That save yesterday was superb, 10/10 for that. But heā€™s sh*t
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #376: Dec 03, 2017 05:18:17 pm
      He's an onion
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #377: Dec 03, 2017 05:27:03 pm
      As I said: No love. Just like with Moreno. Those two would need to play alien-esque for years to overcome their deficit with many LFC fans and one bad game and we'd be back with bashing.

Hold on: 65' and still 1-1 in Manchester? Ā°.Ā°
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #378: Dec 03, 2017 05:32:07 pm

What the F**k have you been drinking?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #379: Dec 03, 2017 05:51:57 pm
      That save yesterday was superb, 10/10 for that. But heā€™s sh*t

Great save indeed, but not better than every goalkeeper in the league has done already this season.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #380: Dec 03, 2017 06:07:04 pm

To be fair Mags...there are probably 10 keepers below Mags in the league, better way to phrase it might be worst in the top half of the table though to be honest I think Migs is better than Pickford, Gomes or Tom Heaton.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #381: Dec 03, 2017 06:10:21 pm
      Played Lovren as our only real defender in a 1-6-3 formation with Gini as a "centre-back".

Suppose it was a bit

Average position each starting player touched the ball

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #382: Dec 03, 2017 06:18:41 pm

Are you taking the piss?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #383: Dec 03, 2017 06:27:26 pm

:lmao:
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #384: Dec 03, 2017 07:35:01 pm
      To be fair Mags...there are probably 10 keepers below Mags in the league, better way to phrase it might be worst in the top half of the table though to be honest I think Migs is better than Pickford, Gomes or Tom Heaton.

I would have all three of them ahead of Migs in a heartbeat.

He has the worst saves per goal rate in the league and has made more mistakes leading to goals in Premier League history.

He's maybe the worst player to ever play for the club in goals and I cannot see how Karius, Ward or whoever is playing for the kids isn't better than him.

If he continues to start he will let us down, he will cost us points and he will F**k us over time and time again. He needs to get out of the club as soon as humanly possible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #385: Dec 03, 2017 07:41:29 pm

Is that you Simon, lay off the Leffe eh, you had a pretty good game but lets not get carried away here.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #386: Dec 03, 2017 07:44:55 pm

It's time like this I wish you could still downvote posts
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #387: Dec 03, 2017 08:53:45 pm
      WTF was Bobby trying to do here ;D

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #388: Dec 03, 2017 09:04:50 pm
      WTF was Bobby trying to do here ;D

Break up a threesome by the looks of it.......
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #389: Dec 03, 2017 09:18:48 pm
      Their lad needs a retrospective ban for that dive. Ref was on the wrong side and bloody guessing but the theatrics convinced him.

Truly awful decision and there's no excuse to guess. Ref will look at that later and be so embarassed, but hopefully he learns a lesson because he did it throughout the game in fairness; stop bloody guessing.

If you don't see it you shouldn't give it.
      Embarrassing decision.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #390: Dec 03, 2017 10:32:14 pm
      It's time like this I wish you could still downvote posts

How about uploading your football competence? Do you really think LFC has a goalie that is not in the top of the PL? Ever came to your mind that a goalie is only as good as his defense? Ever checked out our defense? You make it too simple and you hurt the feeling of our belgian giant.  :angel:

Quick Reply