Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (4.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      38 (36.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (3.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (45.6%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (1.9%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2017 04:53:34 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26822 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 03, 2017 10:38:13 pm
      How about uploading your football competence? Do you really think LFC has a goalie that is not in the top of the PL? Ever came to your mind that a goalie is only as good as his defense? Ever checked out our defense? You make it too simple and you hurt the feeling of our belgian giant.  :angel:

'Uploading your football competence'... What does that even mean.

You're arguing against yourself you do know that right? You are saying:

1. It's impossible a club as big as LFC could have a terrible goalkeeper
      2. LFC have a terrible defence

Tell me this, if it's so impossible that we would have a terrible goalkeeper then how on earth have we managed to get a terrible defence, by your logic that should be impossible too.

I couldn't give a F**k if I hurt Simon's feelings, he's ruined plenty of weekends for me over the last few years, the only thing giant about our Belgian is the cock ups he makes on a nearly weekly basis.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,605 posts | 3914 
      Reply #392: Dec 03, 2017 10:55:54 pm
      'Uploading your football competence'... What does that even mean.

You're arguing against yourself you do know that right? You are saying:

1. It's impossible a club as big as LFC could have a terrible goalkeeper
      2. LFC have a terrible defence

Tell me this, if it's so impossible that we would have a terrible goalkeeper then how on earth have we managed to get a terrible defence, by your logic that should be impossible too.

I couldn't give a f**k if I hurt Simon's feelings, he's ruined plenty of weekends for me over the last few years, the only thing giant about our Belgian is the cock ups he makes on a nearly weekly basis.

He makes the odd good save and does alright with penalties, but isn’t that his job? He gets paid £100,000 a week to do it so I expect nothing less.

If Liverpool have aspirations to win a title or CL, then it’s never going to happen with a big wet blanket like Mignolet between the sticks.

P.s his social media is so f**king cringe too
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #393: Dec 03, 2017 10:59:35 pm
      If you don't see it you shouldn't give it.
      Embarrassing decision.

We will see more of these exaggerated jumps/falls in the box. Very difficult for a Ref, looking at it from one angle, to make any sort of a judgement.

Players will note that a penalty has been given and that it was clear jump-dive. Also any player can make a run in the direction of the ball, and " bump" into a defender, make a realistic fall, and they will have a chance. Because simply put...if a Ref has to make a decision..then you have a chance.

Even better if when they jump they feel any contact....up they go..come down with an exaggerated awkward fall and your in with a chance.

All kinds of tricks...the trailing leg con is the most annoying...knock the ball on...go past and make sure you drag your trailing foot against the defenders leg...go down...penalty Ref...Deli Alli is good at it for one.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #394: Dec 03, 2017 11:12:26 pm
      Won't be long, maybe in the next couple of years, that the ref will have big brother on the touchline in the form of
      an i-pad/tablet as back up and if the forth official thinks its a pen its a pen.
      Can't get anymore clinical than that..
      As much as we want to keep it traditional and accept the refs take at that moment, the game is going that way whether we like it or not.
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #395: Dec 03, 2017 11:18:45 pm
      Mig....wouldn't be out of place in the Scottish leagues would he.

Mitigating circumstances- poor defense in front of him. But that's no real excuse. He is a great shot stopper...but. Might seem like back street psychology but I often think if a keeper lacks physical strength he tends to panic or rush in blindly. It's not lack of courage or anything just a lack of control, bit panicky.

Bit of that against Stoke....he charged out and took a mighty  swing, no control, probably shut his eyes and just lashed out in a panicky way. And we do see those rash decisions from him. It's not lack of courage or anything, just the way it is with some keepers. And it does affect their judgement at a time when a cool head is needed.
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #396: Dec 03, 2017 11:24:25 pm
      Won't be long, maybe in the next couple of years, that the ref will have big brother on the touchline in the form of
      an i-pad/tablet as back up and if the forth official thinks its a pen its a pen.
      As much as we want to keep it traditional and accept the refs take at that moment, the game is going that way whether we like it or not.

Yes and it's the players are to blame..or rather it's the amount of money at stake...or it's the manager under intense pressure...from the owners...or more likely....the fans....so it's your fault Stinger..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #397: Dec 03, 2017 11:34:40 pm
      Yes and it's the players are to blame..or rather it's the amount of money at stake...or it's the manager under intense pressure...from the owners...or more likely....the fans....so it's your fault Stinger..

Looking like it could all ready be a done deal my friend.
      https://football-technology.fifa.com/en/media-tiles/video-assistant-referees-var/

and It's Stringer "H" and I have 6, not 4 but sometimes 12 ;D :roll:
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #398: Dec 04, 2017 09:10:21 am
      One of the strangest line-ups I've ever seen, albeit injuries/illness in defence forced some of the changes.  Despite Brighton looking poor, they've not conceded more than 2 all season prior to this.  The front 3 were all excellent in their pressing, movement and use of the ball.  Firmino was superb all game and Salah, despite not scoring, just gets better & better.  If he consistently performs at this level, he'll be approaching Suarez' status before too long.  Let's keep this winning run going and jeep on the tails of 2nd place, at least. 
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #399: Dec 04, 2017 05:56:32 pm
      Great results!

The second goal was beautiful

Migs save at 0 - 2 was a very big moment but a well deserved victory
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #400: Dec 04, 2017 07:13:47 pm

Dunno whether they are already doing something like that in Germany could have sworn I seen a video ref being used in the bundesliga.
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2017 07:21:13 pm by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #401: Dec 04, 2017 07:31:11 pm
      No idea why Migs gets no love here. He's in the top 30 of goalkeepers of the world. The only keeper that are undoubtly better are Neuer (if he's healthy which he is not), de Gea and Courtois. In fact I think if Klopp didn't smoke pot and gave Karius the CL job then Migs would do better. But because he feels the pressure of the young german he might have become shaky, wouldn't be the first keeper to suffer from that kind of disrespect.

Haha you should watch more football if you think there are only 3 keepers "undoubtly" better than Mignolet.

And that UCL argument makes no F***ing sense. Migs was full time first keeper in every single competition for his whole career at LFC so far, bar this one, and it's not like his struggles have only started now. You're fishing for something that isn't there.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #402: Dec 04, 2017 07:33:55 pm
      Ever came to your mind that a goalie is only as good as his defense?

Haha making up "rules" now. No, that's rubbish. Lots of goalkeeper are good despite having a sh*t defence. Julio Cesar (UCL winner with Internazionale) played for Flamengo during some of the worst periods of the club's history, and is still regarded by many as the greatest goalkeeper the club's ever had.
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #403: Dec 05, 2017 10:05:04 am
      Counter attacking with pace and control is a lethal combination and if you have that then you are always in with a chance. Klopp knows you can overdo it with some players. Stretch the likes of Mane and Salah, Bob even you run the risk of stretching hamstrings, so rotation is part and parcel of the game plan.

Away from home is really when it's a serious threat. We have 2/3 coiled and wound up ready to hit the gas. The revs crank up and it's..... bbbbbbbbbbrrrrraaaaaaamm mmmmmm...bang...and it's all over in seconds. Happened several times against Brighton.....nice.

Quick Reply