Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      33 (39.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Ox Chamberlain
      5 (6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (41%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (1.2%)
      Bobby Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2017 04:33:41 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate

Read 31448 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #713: Dec 11, 2017 08:53:56 pm
      To be honest, I'm more annoyed at Mane and his skewed shot when he had two free players standing about 12 foot from an empty goal

This.  Watching it, I was sure he'd square the ball for the tap in.  When he skewed his shot wide, my exact words were, "We may regret that."  45 minutes later and we did indeed regret that decision.... 

Don't get me wrong, Sadio has won us many more points than he's lost us, but that was a selfish decision.  Hopefully next time he will do the right thing. 

sh*t decision for the pen, but it happens.  I'd say we drop an average of 6 to 8 points a season from sh*t decisions (soft reds and soft pens).  We also occasionally benefit from a sh*t decision but right now I can't remember the last one that went our way.....
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #714: Dec 11, 2017 08:59:20 pm
      Solanke was being fouled by Williams for the entire match; little pushes, shoves, nudges which stopped him making the runs he wanted to.
      In other words, just enough to knock him off balance.
      If Solanke had been a bit more savvy, he'd have gone down a couple of times and had a moan to the ref, which would have stopped the more blatant stuff.

If he wants a physical battle with a CB, then all well and good, but he got distracted by the little fouls and niggles, and that means he still has a lot to learn.

Exactly right, I thought it was a great learning experience for Solanke. He'll face none of this negative footy in the games he's played and as such it will be alien to him and a wake-up call for what he'll be expecting and expected to produce quality in difficult circumstances.

If Mane scores or passes and we get the 2nd and go on to win that Dom gets to stay on the pitch for the full 90 and it would have been a masterstroke of coaching and developing at the right time, as it is the questions are getting asked which is fair enough but those asking the questions should still remember that Jürgen will invest time in Solanke as he's a clear talent and this was very nearly an excellent time.

Without the LC to play for the lad is going to be screaming for minutes and I feel for both Jürgen and Dom on this one because while I thought Dom was poor, the benefit of this difficult experience wasn't lost on me and we'll see better from him next time he's asked to do a similar job, of that I'm sure.

Quick Reply