Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spartak?

Loris Karius
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      65 (63.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (25.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Dec 10, 2017 09:52:38 pm

Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow: In game & post match discussion

Read 28209 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow: In game & post match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 06, 2017 11:05:37 pm
      The problem is that we also have the "quality" to botch a 3-0 against a not-so-special team.

I take it you are referring to Sevilla, the team who haven't lost at home for over a year and won the Europa League twice in 3 seasons(?), yeah, proper sh*te them like.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #369: Dec 06, 2017 11:07:07 pm
      F**k off Roy Keane you c**t
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #370: Dec 06, 2017 11:08:09 pm
      That's all you have to say after a f**king thumping win.

Take your agenda elsewhere you sad little man.

Ha ha. I can pretty much guarantee I’m taller than you mate
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #371: Dec 06, 2017 11:08:40 pm

Firstly, I was very happy with the starting 11. That's our strongest available team at the moment in my opinion.

I thought it was an odd game. We won 7-0 and strangely I don't even think we played particularly well either. Don't get me wrong, we were in full control throughout but when you think of a 7-0 thrashing then you would usually presume it was an explosive dynamite type performance but I don't think we ever got out of second gear!  Spartak were absolutely awful and we just breezed through that with minimal effort.

The ref gives the pen in the first couple of minutes and once coutinho bags then Spartaks heads dropped. They knew they needed atleast two goals and it was always going to be too much of an ask.

The second goal was the best goal of the night for me. Some really good crisp passing, cutting them open and then a great finish from couts. Game over.

From then on it was just a training exercise. We scored some good goals and if we upped the tempo it could have easily been double figures if we really wanted too.

We kept possession well tonight and despite making a couple of his usual daft challenges early on, I thought emre can did well on the ball. Wijnaldum also did a lot of work then probably went unnoticed.

The front four are lethal and it's scary how good they are. Great to see them all get on the score sheet. The ev must be shitting themselves.

Back four looked very steady too. Spartak posed no real threat but they handled the few bits and bobs thrown at them very well.

I've got to say I've been very impressed with karius this season too.i know he is going to come up against much bigger tests but he looks a lot more calmer and composed now. As soon as he catches the ball he's sprinting to the edge of his box ready to throw it out and it's so refreshing after seeing Mignolet hold onto it for minutes at a time. Mignolet must only be a mistake away of karius becoming our number 1 in the league now.

So happy to be in the KO stages. First time since 2009? Wow. That's criminal.

There will be other teams who are bigger favourites than us but I think that suits us perfectly. We must be that team that the likes of Bayern, psg, Barca are dreading of getting. They are expected to beat us quite comfortably yet our attack is as good as any and we are capable of doing some serious damage.

Well done reds. A very professional performance tonight.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #372: Dec 06, 2017 11:09:06 pm
      Deffo getting a bit pissed off with this constant belittling of Hendo. This lad might not be to everybody's liking but does he deserve  to be dumped on week in week out by all and sundry....no.

Hopefully sold or benched permantly when Keita comes in mate
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #373: Dec 06, 2017 11:12:43 pm

Firstly, I was very happy with the starting 11. That's our strongest available team at the moment in my opinion.

I thought it was an odd game. We won 7-0 and strangely I don't even think we played particularly well either. Don't get me wrong, we were in full control throughout but when you think of a 7-0 thrashing then you would usually presume it was an explosive dynamite type performance but I don't think we ever got out of second gear!  Spartak were absolutely awful and we just breezed through that with minimal effort.

The ref gives the pen in the first couple of minutes and once coutinho bags then Spartaks heads dropped. They knew they needed atleast two goals and it was always going to be too much of an ask.

The second goal was the best goal of the night for me. Some really good crisp passing, cutting them open and then a great finish from couts. Game over.

From then on it was just a training exercise. We scored some good goals and if we upped the tempo it could have easily been double figures if we really wanted too.

We kept possession well tonight and despite making a couple of his usual daft challenges early on, I thought emre can did well on the ball. Wijnaldum also did a lot of work then probably went unnoticed.

The front four are lethal and it's scary how good they are. Great to see them all get on the score sheet. The ev must be shitting themselves.

Back four looked very steady too. Spartak posed no real threat but they handled the few bits and bobs thrown at them very well.

I've got to say I've been very impressed with karius this season too.i know he is going to come up against much bigger tests but he looks a lot more calmer and composed now. As soon as he catches the ball he's sprinting to the edge of his box ready to throw it out and it's so refreshing after seeing Mignolet hold onto it for minutes at a time. Mignolet must only be a mistake away of karius becoming our number 1 in the league now.

So happy to be in the KO stages. First time since 2009? Wow. That's criminal.

There will be other teams who are bigger favourites than us but I think that suits us perfectly. We must be that team that the likes of Bayern, psg, Barca are dreading of getting. They are expected to beat us quite comfortably yet our attack is as good as any and we are capable of doing some serious damage.

Well done reds. A very professional performance tonight.

I would love to get Real and smash that c**t Ronaldo.

Be a dream to watch him moaning as we tuck in number 3 at Anfield.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #374: Dec 06, 2017 11:14:18 pm
      Hopefully sold or benched permantly when Keita comes in mate

Wonder what you will say if it doesn't happen..I would look at Keita moving in to the Coutinho role pretty rapidly.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #375: Dec 06, 2017 11:15:06 pm
      The problem is that we also have the "quality" to botch a 3-0 against a not-so-special team. But who knows how we will look in March and how our opponent will look then. Imagine we get Real and Ronaldo, Ramos and Kroos get injured or into jail for tax frauds....

Sevilla are a bogey team for us. Simple.

I’m up for any of the top teams. We’ll just out score them.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #376: Dec 06, 2017 11:15:09 pm
      Roy Keane says " Liverpool have beaten nobody yet"...well fair point and it will obviously be harder against top teams but we are not just beating teams now, we are wiping the floor with them.

And Klopp knows we are brilliant going forward but he does know we have to defend better. These past few games have been the making of our season and no matter what Roy Keane says this form going forward will create and score against even the best.

The problem other teams have is " who do you mark"..
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #377: Dec 06, 2017 11:16:13 pm

If we had lost, he would be the first one to come on here saying how much we missed hendo when everybody is depressed and miserable after being knocked out. Hypocrisy.

Another thumping win and clean sheet without hendo in the midfield. For me, it's just evident how poor he is as a DM and how much he slows our game down. 

Just because we won 7-0 are we not allowed to talk about that incase it upsets his fan boys? It's something obviously worth discussing.

It's no longer a coincidence that we keep smashing teams without our captain, is it?

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #378: Dec 06, 2017 11:16:31 pm
      Wonder what you will say if it doesn't happen..I would look at Keita moving in to the Coutinho role pretty rapidly.

Ill just have to accept it and move on (I’ll moan of course). Klopp knows what he’s doing, I love him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #379: Dec 06, 2017 11:18:40 pm
      Roy Keane says " Liverpool have beaten nobody yet"...well fair point

He had nothing positive to say. Miserable c**t.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #380: Dec 06, 2017 11:19:07 pm
      If we had lost, he would be the first one to come on here saying how much we missed hendo when everybody is depressed and miserable after being knocked out. Hypocrisy.

Another thumping win and clean sheet without hendo in the midfield. For me, it's just evident how poor he is as a DM and how much he slows our game down. 

Just because we won 7-0 are we not allowed to talk about that incase it upsets his fan boys? It's something obviously worth discussing.

It's no longer a coincidence that we keep smashing teams without our captain, is it?

I think Hendo has been in poor form for the last few matches, but you do realise how you're clutching at straws here by ignoring we've just won a game 5-1 with Henderson in the lineup?

You're desperately trying to reach some sort of causation there but evidently we're not beating teams and scoring goals for fun because of who the DM is or isn't.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #381: Dec 06, 2017 11:19:24 pm

Not having a pop at you London...it's just we have not got 6 Coutinho's....we've got 4..then we have Hendo,Can,Gini or Milner...all can do a job in midfield,  so judge Hendo on what he can do and not on what we think he should do.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #382: Dec 06, 2017 11:21:44 pm
      Not having a pop at you London...it's just we have not got 6 Coutinho's....we've got 4..then we have Hendo,Can,Gini or Milner...all can do a job in midfield,  so judge Hendo on what he can do and not on what we think he should do.
      ...and Lallana...well he's a nuther Coutinho clone..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #383: Dec 06, 2017 11:21:48 pm

He’s a great runner and good energy. But he’s ridiculously passive and slows everything down. When he does try the Hollywood, it’s usually a floating mess, the kind of of ball I put in to the box down the park with my pals.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #384: Dec 06, 2017 11:22:23 pm
      I think Hendo has been in poor form for the last few matches, but you do realise how you're clutching at straws here by ignoring we've just won a game 5-1 with Henderson in the lineup?

You're desperately trying to reach some sort of causation there but evidently we're not beating teams and scoring goals for fun because of who the DM is or isn't.

Fair comment.

Before the Brighton game i questioned what our stats are with and without hendo in the team.

I don't know the answer but if I was a betting man I'd put a large sum of money on that A. We concede less. And B. We score more.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's my imagination. I'll have to find out.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #385: Dec 06, 2017 11:23:21 pm

If Henderson is not doing what the manager wants he simply wouldn't play him; the fact that except for injury or rotation he is one of the first names on the team sh*t suggests to me that despite what we think he should be doing (or not) he is following the instructions of the manager or he simply would not play.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #386: Dec 06, 2017 11:25:00 pm
      Funnily enough, I think Henderson should start the derby. Good to have an English nothern lad in the middle of the park.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #387: Dec 06, 2017 11:26:04 pm
      Well like him or not Klopp has confirmed Hendo will be starting in the Derby.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #388: Dec 06, 2017 11:31:20 pm
      But Hendo or no Hendo we are putting in some serious Sh** are we not.

It's this kind of season recruits all kinds from all over the globe. Which is important, we always need to improve our world wide fan base.

All the top sides are in the hunt for the pacy tricky all singing all dancing Salah type. It's pace with skill that kills teams. If we can defend better then a regular top 4 beckons.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #389: Dec 06, 2017 11:40:52 pm
      Brilliant result ! Sends out a message to the rest of teams competing in the competition.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #390: Dec 06, 2017 11:44:59 pm

Little not in stature but in mind sunshine.

This isn't the time to be bashing players, celebrate the record breaking group stage results, I had 3 players out there with a 10/10 rating, who cares about anything else. Just using this to take cheap digs is well... just that, cheap.

Quick Reply