Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spartak?

Loris Karius
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      65 (63.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (25.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Dec 10, 2017 09:52:38 pm

Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow: In game & post match discussion

Read 28206 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow: In game & post match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 06, 2017 11:48:31 pm
      That's how you do it, we made the ruskies look like complete and utter fools, glorious, now then bring on the round of 16
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #392: Dec 06, 2017 11:49:54 pm
      Little not in stature but in mind sunshine.

This isn't the time to be bashing players, celebrate the record breaking group stage results, I had 3 players out there with a 10/10 rating, who cares about anything else. Just using this to take cheap digs is well... just that, cheap.

Look at my posts. Iā€™m overjoyed, all through the game.

I think itā€™s worth noting that once again we played brilliantly without him. Is that such a bad thing to say? I know you absolutely adore the man, but I should be allowed to voice a valid point.

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #393: Dec 06, 2017 11:58:40 pm
      Awfi happy could have been 10+ well done to the players, JĆ¼rgen and the backroom staff it was a joy to watch  :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #394: Dec 07, 2017 12:00:32 am
      Look at my posts. Iā€™m overjoyed, all through the game.

I think itā€™s worth noting that once again we played brilliantly without him. Is that such a bad thing to say? I know you absolutely adore the man, but I should be allowed to voice a valid point.

Yes you are entitled to say one way or the other - my point, made earlier that your post was belittling and your not the only one calling him. I think Klopp looks at Hendo being in the midfield squad and Klopp knows what he gets from Hendo. Hendo is the club captain but that gets him nothing. He'll only get in if he can do the job against all comers and that must go for everybody Klopp included.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #395: Dec 07, 2017 12:15:09 am
      Can we all just agree that Moreno would never be able to swing a perfect cross like Milner did for Maneā€™s wonder volley, and it wasnā€™t even his natural foot.

Milner quality tonight
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #396: Dec 07, 2017 01:00:51 am
      I take it you are referring to Sevilla, the team who haven't lost at home for over a year and won the Europa League twice in 3 seasons(?), yeah, proper sh*te them like.

Football doesn't work like that. The team we beat today 7-0 thrashed Sevilla 5-1 this season.

We really could have won all the games. Now we are in the next stage it is imperative we shore up the defence in January. If we get one of the big 3 teams we are likely going to come under the the cosh defensively like we did in the second half against Sevilla.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #397: Dec 07, 2017 03:15:24 am
      Epic win.

Onwards and upwards.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #398: Dec 07, 2017 05:07:41 am
      This was supposed to be the weakest group and the team has showed that it is a rung above the other teams in the group. And, to think that Adam "Cruyff" Lallana is yet to play. Tingles all over the body.

Now, let's beat that sorry, arrogant, fat and bitter ass! Up the reds!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #399: Dec 07, 2017 05:38:49 am
      Now, let's beat that sorry, arrogant, fat and bitter ass! Up the reds!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :laugh:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #400: Dec 07, 2017 06:44:56 am
      Needed 3 to beat our highest ever goal tally in a European group stage smashed it by 4!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #401: Dec 07, 2017 06:48:44 am
      Deffo getting a bit pissed off with this constant belittling of Hendo. This lad might not be to everybody's liking but does he deserve  to be dumped on week in week out by all and sundry....no.

Yes. He should be nowhere near LFC. Simple.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #402: Dec 07, 2017 07:47:38 am
      Can we all just agree that Moreno would never be able to swing a perfect cross like Milner did for Maneā€™s wonder volley, and it wasnā€™t even his natural foot.

Milner quality tonight

Just showed he should trust his other foot more rather than cutting back onto his right all the time
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #403: Dec 07, 2017 07:48:40 am
      Missing the game due to work, missed Maribor too.

Gutted!

The frustration I have with this side is we are so close, a few genuine top quality defenders and Keita away from being a real force.

We need a few more leaders, a few more defenders who are able to match the quality of the attack and we could really go places. No excuses in January, find a way to cement our place as Champions League team and build a core to support that attack.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #404: Dec 07, 2017 07:54:08 am

I had 3 players out there with a 10/10 rating, who cares about anything else.

Everyone?

molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #405: Dec 07, 2017 08:22:22 am
      Awesome performance get in there
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #406: Dec 07, 2017 08:34:12 am
      Brilliant game from 1st second, we could have won by more! The third goal killed the atmosphere in the sense, we knew that it was going to like Seville's game!

Again well done to all players and staff.

I fancy anyone in February. If we but two CB  who are not cup-tied I think we can achieve a lot.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,010 posts | 2735 
      Reply #407: Dec 07, 2017 09:03:31 am
      Great stuff last night, top performances all round.

Coutinho my MOTM for setting us on our way although the rest of the front four were fantastic too - Firmino looks to have found another gear in recent weeks (needs to be consistent now), Mane looks fired up after the Chelsea thing and Salah just looks top class every time he plays.

Also thought Gini was great and Milner didnā€™t put a foot wrong after coming on.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #408: Dec 07, 2017 09:30:32 am
      Does it annoy anybody else when whoever is chosen as captain for the night then gives the armband back to another player who comes on from the bench?

Coutinho was skipper last night. Before he demanded a move to Barca he was always my choice to be captain too. I thought he stepped up to the role fantastically and led by example.

Milner comes on, who isn't even captain just vice, and coutinho gives him the armband. Why?

Unless he was ordered to by klopp, which I doubt, then I'd have kept that armband on all night if I was coutinho! I'd be showing I'm worthy of it and I'd be trying to earn it on a permanent basis.

I understand it's a mark of respect to Milner but nah, it's not for me that.

I think our captaincy is up for grabs personally, it's not like we have anybody who is standing out head and shoulders above anybody else when it comes to consistency or leadership. It's not like Steven Gerrard is coming off from the bench is it? Milner isn't even first choice! The same even goes for Hendo in my opinion.

I'd like to see whoever captains us next keep the armband on for the night and show Klopp that he wants it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #409: Dec 07, 2017 09:58:48 am
      Even the Ref had enough of us pummelling Spartak and decided to put them out of their misery with zero added time!

Such pace and fluidity going forward just breathtaking.
      Tadders

• 6,612 posts | 558 
      Reply #410: Dec 07, 2017 10:34:30 am
      How can you separate the front 4 for mom - for the last 3 games all front 4 have been incredible
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #411: Dec 07, 2017 11:06:36 am
      Does it annoy anybody else when whoever is chosen as captain for the night then gives the armband back to another player who comes on from the bench?

Coutinho was skipper last night. Before he demanded a move to Barca he was always my choice to be captain too. I thought he stepped up to the role fantastically and led by example.

Milner comes on, who isn't even captain just vice, and coutinho gives him the armband. Why?

Unless he was ordered to by klopp, which I doubt, then I'd have kept that armband on all night if I was coutinho! I'd be showing I'm worthy of it and I'd be trying to earn it on a permanent basis.

I understand it's a mark of respect to Milner but nah, it's not for me that.

I think our captaincy is up for grabs personally, it's not like we have anybody who is standing out head and shoulders above anybody else when it comes to consistency or leadership. It's not like Steven Gerrard is coming off from the bench is it? Milner isn't even first choice! The same even goes for Hendo in my opinion.

I'd like to see whoever captains us next keep the armband on for the night and show Klopp that he wants it.

Really not bothered one iota.

Thatā€™s just how captaincy works - however you calculate ā€œseniorityā€ it passes on when someone more senior joins the play.

If - and thatā€™s a big if in the short term - we do get to the stage of selecting a new club captain Iā€™ll go with whomever the manager (any manager) believes can lead / communicate best.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #412: Dec 07, 2017 11:35:02 am
      Not about this match but our CL form in general, this tweet makes a good point:

https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/938524750002913280

Now that we've shown our teeth both in the CL and the league I find the swing from wanting JĆ¼rgen sacked in some corners to in others people thinking we're just 1 or 2 players away from really being in contention for this, really quite interesting.

Personally, I think the likes of PSG, Bayern, City are too strong for us right now and I say that purely from a defensive stance. If it's our attack v their defence and their attack v ours then unfortunately I think they out score us. One big plus from my perspective was the dropping of Henderson, there was no laboured possession last night and the tempo/pressure was maintained for most of the match until a brief period at 5-0 when we clearly took our foot off the gas.

Now I'm not saying Can is the answer there, but it should give JĆ¼rgen a view as to how we look without Hendo and the difference in the flow of the game just that personnel change can make.

If I were to say how far we are from winning a CL, without things falling exactly in our favour, then I'd say we're a CB, CM and possibly a LB away. Keita fills one of those voids, but to me he's an upgrade rather than filling the real position of weakness which is the 6, for me that is just as vital as a proper CB right now and without those 2 I just think we'll get found out by the more balanced sides.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #413: Dec 07, 2017 12:24:53 pm
      Couldn't pick a man of the match, kept changing my mind every 10 minutes! Bring it on.

Proper team performance last night & I've struggled with MOTM too.

How lovely was it to see us so fluid all over the pitch.

Quick Reply