Voting closed: Dec 10, 2017 09:52:38 pm

Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow: In game & post match discussion

Read 14806 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,192 posts | 681 
      Re: Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow: In game & post match discussion
      Reply #425: Dec 07, 2017 07:14:04 pm
      Does it annoy anybody else when whoever is chosen as captain for the night then gives the armband back to another player who comes on from the bench?

Coutinho was skipper last night. Before he demanded a move to Barca he was always my choice to be captain too. I thought he stepped up to the role fantastically and led by example.

Milner comes on, who isn't even captain just vice, and coutinho gives him the armband. Why?

Unless he was ordered to by klopp, which I doubt, then I'd have kept that armband on all night if I was coutinho! I'd be showing I'm worthy of it and I'd be trying to earn it on a permanent basis.

I understand it's a mark of respect to Milner but nah, it's not for me that.

I think our captaincy is up for grabs personally, it's not like we have anybody who is standing out head and shoulders above anybody else when it comes to consistency or leadership. It's not like Steven Gerrard is coming off from the bench is it? Milner isn't even first choice! The same even goes for Hendo in my opinion.

I'd like to see whoever captains us next keep the armband on for the night and show Klopp that he wants it.

I think you’ll find, the armband has to be passed on if the captain goes off, subbed, injured or whatever. There has to be a ‘visible’ captain on the park st all times. The ref may need to address him for one reason or another.
      I suppose giving it to the sub coming on, is the easiest option.
      GERNS

• 8,192 posts | 681 
      Reply #426: Dec 07, 2017 07:24:14 pm
      Why do people bother to quote Keane like he’s an authority on the game ?
      He has to be one of the most consistent dirty fouling cheating bas**rds to play in the top flight.
      Total utter w**ker as far as I’m concerned.
      Coward of a man. I would have loved to have played against him. Hate intimidating bullies like him with a passion.
      I would have personally enjoyed snapping that bas**rds leg.
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,836 posts | 119 
      Reply #427: Dec 07, 2017 07:31:00 pm
      Was anyone impressed with Quincy Promes at all? Would he be a good replacement for Sturridge if he goes?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,526 posts | 2225 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #428: Dec 07, 2017 08:07:25 pm
      Was anyone impressed with Quincy Promes at all? Would he be a good replacement for Sturridge if he goes?

Much preferred quincy ME
      Dadorious

• 9,154 posts | 1190 
      Reply #429: Dec 07, 2017 09:26:26 pm

He's quality mate I rate him highly he's a winger though so would be competing with Mane and Mo for a spot. He's probably a notch below on current form.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 793 posts | 77 
      Reply #430: Dec 07, 2017 11:05:18 pm
        xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      We'll get by with a little help from our friends ;D

We love you yeah yeah etc   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,491 posts | 2601 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #431: Dec 08, 2017 12:54:56 am

He got ushered out wide and kept his head down a lot when he had the ball. Worrying sign for me, especially against our defence.

Still watching the highlights. Outstanding!
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,146 posts | 391 
      Reply #432: Dec 08, 2017 11:19:42 am
      Understandable, but the answer was Coutinho.
      Stunning performance.

Yeah was going to pick Couts but in the end plumped for Bobby, his assist for Couts for the second goal was pure composure, I love the way he picks a man out and not just crossing the ball blind and of course his work rate and goal sealed it for me. A quick word for Klavan also who made two great blocks and was steady as a rock. Overall a great team performance.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,146 posts | 391 
      Reply #433: Dec 08, 2017 11:24:14 am
      Good post. You're not allowed to talk about Henderson though. You just have to enjoy the win.

Normally I'd agree but we have a squad that lacks any real leaders.

In my opinion Coutinho is more suited to the armband than what Milner is and its just a little annoyance of mine that a player is chosen to captain the side only to strip himself of the armband mid game and pass it onto a substitute who wasn't chosen to play. As I said its not as if it was Gerrard coming onto the pitch. Milner is hardly Mr Liverpool or Mr Leader.

Milner is the vice captain like it or not so the armband goes to him. Simples.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,943 posts | 2574 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #434: Dec 08, 2017 11:33:32 am
      Yeah was going to pick Couts but in the end plumped for Bobby, his assist for Couts for the second goal was pure composure, I love the way he picks a man out and not just crossing the ball blind and of course his work rate and goal sealed it for me. A quick word for Klavan also who made two great blocks and was steady as a rock. Overall a great team performance.

Tough to pick a player of the season so far, between Salah & Firmino.
      I know Salah is breaking all the records going at the moment,
      but the work that Firmino puts in to create space for Mane & Salah is phenomenal,
      and he's putting in the goals and assists, despite criticism to the contrary.

Quick Reply