Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match : Liverpool v Everton : Dec 10th 14.15

Read 7624 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Everton : Dec 10th 14.15
      Reply #23: Dec 08, 2017 07:31:15 pm
      Mig
      TAA Klavan Lovren Robertson
      Ox Hendo Milner
      Woodburn Solanke Sturridge

We need to rotate, to keep our key players fresh and to give other players chances to learn and grow. Esp. Solanke and Ox could be longterm solutions and I wanna see more from them to evaluate them. Sturridge should be fresh like a subway-sandwich, bring him, same for Milner and Wooburn.

Where is Lallana? Is he fit again?

Needless to say we need to win, because X-mas will be brutal and let's not be deceived by that 7-0 blow-out: we have nothing accomplished yet, we are in the middle of a fight for #4 in the PL. We better keep going.

If Klopp rotates that much he'll disappear up his own jacksie..
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Dec 08, 2017 07:59:06 pm
      Further to an earlier post Klopp should allude to any possible bully boy tactics, in any pre-match press conference, that they will try early on. Alerting the ref to the possibility of Fat Sam trying to kick his way thru.

We have to be aware that Fat Sam is not above putting the boot in. If you're up against a real pacy attack, you don't stand off and let them run amok. And that's what Fat Sam will be thinking so I hope Klopp flags it up well before the game.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #25: Dec 08, 2017 08:17:20 pm
      Yeah let's not be deceived at all by refusing to start any of Firmino, Salah, Mane or Coutinho.

You complete attention seeking, baiting fud.

I don't care what you think. I care about the longterm freshness of my fab four and this game is perfect to rest them. Besides, I want to give prospect players chances, because the way business works it's 50/50 that the fab four won't be with us next September. Real, PSG, Barca...and enough money and they all will play it Coutinho-esque. But Ox, Solanke and Woodburn will still be here next season....
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Dec 08, 2017 08:20:27 pm
      Everton have won last 2 in PL, so might muster up a performance. Might.
      Would still expect us to win though given our recent super goalscoring form.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Dec 08, 2017 08:21:31 pm
      I don't care what you think. I care about the longterm freshness of my fab four and this game is perfect to rest them. Besides, I want to give prospect players chances, because the way business works it's 50/50 that the fab four won't be with us next September. Real, PSG, Barca...and enough money and they all will play it Coutinho-esque. But Ox, Solanke and Woodburn will still be here next season....

Bit of a gloomy prediction Pips, we might lose Coutinho but it won't be some mass exodus and if Klopp plays OX, Woodburn and Solanke against everton on Sunday I'll buy you a bottle of whiskey of your choice.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #28: Dec 08, 2017 08:33:04 pm

How come they are " Your Fab Four ", muppet.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Dec 08, 2017 08:37:44 pm

How come they are " Your Fab Four ", muppet.

They have been referred to as the "Fab 4 " these past few days...even Klopp mentioned it, but said something about "boy band"...obviously the Beatles were called the Fab 4 and they were definitely not a " boy band"....Klipperty..
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #30: Dec 08, 2017 08:49:44 pm
      They have been referred to as the "Fab 4 " these past few days...even Klopp mentioned it, but said something about "boy band"...obviously the Beatles were called the Fab 4 and they were definitely not a " boy band"....Klipperty..

Yes I get that bit, was referring to the fact they were his Fab Four, fella.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #31: Dec 08, 2017 08:51:09 pm
      Bit of a gloomy prediction Pips, we might lose Coutinho but it won't be some mass exodus and if Klopp plays OX, Woodburn and Solanke against everton on Sunday I'll buy you a bottle of whiskey of your choice.

Ox and Solanke shouldn't be real surprises, Woodburn would be but not more than to play Can as a defender vs. Brighton in my opinion. Again, it depends on how much you value rotation. It also depends on how fit Adam is.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #32: Dec 08, 2017 08:53:25 pm
      Gonna be interesting to see if the game actually goes ahead.
      The weather forecast for Sunday in the city is horrendous, not that our undersoil heating will affect things more of the conditions of the roads around the ground and safety of the supporters and it wouldn't surprise me if it's called off.
      I could be wrong and I hope I am.
      If the game goes ahead one things for sure...we won't be playing with an orange ball ;D The pitch should be in perfect condition.

It's pretty obvious judging by Fat Sam's press conference he'll be putting up a wall of blue to try and stop our Tsunami of attackers.
      Thing is, can they hold out for 90 minutes?...No Chance.

Mo Salah WILL score
      Firmino WILL score
      Mane WILL score
      Coutinho WILL score

4-0
       :kop5cf8koxp6:

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33: Dec 08, 2017 08:57:39 pm
      Murmurs on twitter that Coutinho isn't training today and Salah has had a slight issue with his back.

Pictures of both training and smiling :D
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #34: Dec 08, 2017 08:59:03 pm
      Pictures of both training and smiling :D

Yeah... load o sh*te mate...fake bitter news!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: Dec 08, 2017 09:01:50 pm
      Yes I get that bit, was referring to the fact they were his Fab Four, fella.

Sorry NR, I misread your post.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Dec 08, 2017 09:12:15 pm
      Gonna be interesting to see if the game actually goes ahead.
      The weather forecast for Sunday in the city is horrendous, not that our undersoil heating will affect things more of the conditions of the roads around the ground and safety of the supporters and it wouldn't surprise me if it's called off.
      I could be wrong and I hope I am.
      If the game goes ahead one things for sure...we won't be playing with an orange ball ;D The pitch should be in perfect condition.

It's pretty obvious judging by Fat Sam's press conference he'll be putting up a wall of blue to try and stop our Tsunami of attackers.
      Thing is, can they hold out for 90 minutes?...No Chance.

Mo Salah WILL score
      Firmino WILL score
      Mane WILL score
      Coutinho WILL score

4-0
       :kop5cf8koxp6:

Could be right about the weather. Pitch will be OK but condition around and inside the ground might not be OK. But many's the time I stood up against the front wall in the Kop and in the Anfield road end in snow and slush.

Lot of years ago we lost the first leg of a European cup tie away to Ajax...5-0..in the Amsterdam fog, the return match was in doubt but it went ahead and we drew 2-2...and I stood against the wall on a pile of snow, at the Anfield road end, took about a month to thaw my feet out.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #37: Dec 08, 2017 09:43:01 pm
      Could be right about the weather. Pitch will be OK but condition around and inside the ground might not be OK. But many's the time I stood up against the front wall in the Kop and in the Anfield road end in snow and slush.

Lot of years ago we lost the first leg of a European cup tie away to Ajax...5-0..in the Amsterdam fog, the return match was in doubt but it went ahead and we drew 2-2...and I stood against the wall on a pile of snow, at the Anfield road end, took about a month to thaw my feet out.

Gone are those days eh..was Cruyff playing that night? think he was.. destroyed us me old man said..best opposition player he ever saw at Anfield.

Can't Imagine Jürgen doing a Shanks though can you? ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: Dec 08, 2017 09:58:24 pm
      Just get 3 points, no reds, and no birds for Rooney cos he's in the doghouse.

F***ing pressure la, love the derby me. Going for 3-1 the reds.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #39: Dec 08, 2017 11:07:08 pm
      If the weather is bad it will be to our disadvantage, because our "orchestra" is more fragile to the elements than their "pub band", don't u think?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Dec 08, 2017 11:54:01 pm
      Trust those cu*ts to find a semblance of form just before playing us. Let's put that to bed early, run riot and finish the game by HT.

F**k you you Bitter cu*ts!!!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #41: Dec 08, 2017 11:57:16 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Dec 09, 2017 03:22:15 pm
      You can expect the first 30 minutes to be littered with some sharp tackles coming from them, so the ref had better be ready to offer us some protection.

Fat Sam is no purist and he will give orders to " get those tackles in good and early"...be a few bookings but we have to be above it. They will try to nobble Salah, he will be their No 1 target, quickly followed by Coutinho and others.

Expect it but don't be distracted by it.

Truth. I wonder if betting shops have a line on which Reds players will get taken out. We've seen Origi, Mane, Henderson and Lovren all suffer wicked challenges from Everton player in the past couple of derbies (usually Ross Barkley). As you say, the referee cannot look the other way because you know Sam is going to want more of the same.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Dec 09, 2017 03:25:41 pm
      If the weather is bad it will be to our disadvantage, because our "orchestra" is more fragile to the elements than their "pub band", don't u think?

We will have to adjust, yes.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #44: Dec 09, 2017 03:31:26 pm
      Surprised at how many of these lineups are leaving Firmino out. He must be one of the first 2-3 on the team sheet.

I hope we see Robertson. If Klopp doesn't select him that will give us an indication that he has serious issues with him (at least at the moment). He crosses well and in this match we are probably going to need that a little more than we do in our usual style.

Milner hit a couple of good crosses in midweek, but I expect Jürgen to use Milner and Henderson both in midfield. If Coutinho is out, we might also go with three center backs, wingbacks and just two forwards, moving Sadio, Bobby or Mo behind the other two.

Something like:
      Migs
      TAA Gomez, Klavan, Lovren, Robertson
      Milner, Henderson
      Sadio
      Bobby, Mo

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: Dec 09, 2017 04:04:09 pm
      Going 4-0 and to shove it up Fat Sam and Shrek.
      Celebrate the first derby for years against the ugly little Rooney.

With the Chavs losing to Gollum ...if we win ...we will go 3rd. 

In the Rear View Mirror of Maureen.

Quick Reply