Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      33 (39.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Ox Chamberlain
      5 (6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (41%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (1.2%)
      Bobby Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2017 04:33:41 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate

Read 31369 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #621: Dec 10, 2017 06:51:51 pm
      What was klopps interview like on sky?

He was f**king furious on bein sports. Proper fuming.

He was evil
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #622: Dec 10, 2017 06:52:59 pm
      I wouldn't mind if we rest Lovren, Ings and Solanke.

Wtf ? Ings played all of about 10 mins, some on here need to give it a rest
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #623: Dec 10, 2017 06:55:17 pm
      Two issues only
      1) mane should have passed
      2) ref gave a penalty when it clearly wasn’t.
      End of

All bollocks about blaming selection or subs or Lovren are utter rubbish.
      We played brilliantly and were none stop from the first to the last whistle.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/890585/Liverpool-news-Dejan-Lovren-foul-Dominic-Calvert-Lewin-penalty-Everton-sportgalleries

When you do this you give the ref a decision to make, and to do it in the area, you a gambling on the ref not seeing it as a penalty… How many times have we seen Lovren try to win a ball that is not winnable…?? At the end of the day, his decision make is poor and it is costing us goals and games and he is not learning from them
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #624: Dec 10, 2017 07:00:35 pm
      Ok, so first things first, the line up was dog sh*t and Klopp needs to take responsibility here.

The 11 that started were probably good enough to beat Everton. But probably isn't good enough when it comes to a Derby. Play your strongest 11, get the job done, then bring players off after that if you really want too.

Anybody with half a football brain could have predicted what sort of game we were in for today. Therefore the Fab Four should have started. No disrespect to solanke and the ox but they aren't on their level. We knew we would come up against a boring stubborn shithouse team so it was criminal not starting them.

I was happy with the back four but Henderson and Milner should never be in the same midfield as one another. The pair of them are so slow, so predictable and neither of them have a creative bone between them. Wijnaldum should have been in there who would have moved more and kept the ball ticking much quicker.

Anyway, the game went as I expected and i haven't got much to say on it really. They limited us to any real chances and if it wasn't for a moment of brilliance from salah to open the scoring then I thought it had 0-0 written all over it.

Mane should have squared the chance he had and if he did then it's 2-0 at HT and game over. No way are they scoring 2 goals. I kind of suspect he did it for selfish reasons as Salah has become our new favourite so I hope he got a F***ing bollocking for that.

Second half we had all the play but did nothing with it. They defended well to be fair but we didn't give them any real problems. Disappointed Jürgen brought salah off who i thought was our best player and our biggest threat.

Lovren is coming in for all kinds of stick but that's never a penalty that. DCL is a diving little c**t. Awful decision from the ref and DCL should have been booked.  That said, I actually thought a draw was a fair result because even though Everton were awful, we didn't do enough to win the game. Apart from Manes moment I don't remember any other chances at all really.

I thought we were poor today and in particular the midfield was garbage.

Klopp got it wrong and the players selected didn't offer enough going forward to win the game.

sh*te.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #625: Dec 10, 2017 07:02:26 pm

That's why he shouldnt be playing for us he had nothing to do all game just see it out but he is not capable and that's been a fact for a long time, same goes for the keeper

What the F&@/ did Migs do wrong?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #626: Dec 10, 2017 07:02:37 pm
      Hardly original positions but need stating.

Lovren is an idiot.
      It's an extremely generous decision.
      We should have been cruising.
      More points dropped from winning position.
      Mane is a silly boy.

Need to take full six points running up to the Arsenal game now.

Would like to see Liverpool manager and players take seriously the importance of bullying referees.

That referee is doing his first major derby, should know his place.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #627: Dec 10, 2017 07:12:02 pm
      I'm totally disgusted with Klopp again today.

1. This is one of the four biggest games of our season. This sh*te home and away,  United home and away. Klopp still doesn't appear to understand this. Rotate in mid-week, not in the Derby.

2. Mane was stinking the place out. So he takes off Salah. Blueshite offered nothing in attack, neither did Milner. Chamberlain did. Klopp takes him off, leaves Milner offering nothing. Can anyone imagine Kane getting hooked in the North London Derby with Spurs as dominant as we were today?

Should Mane pass? Yes. Was it the softest of soft penalty? Yes. But knowing all that, to take off our main attacking threat is unforgivable. At 1-0 anything could happen. A freak or own goal and he thinks its a great idea to remove our threat. He then further embarrass himself in the post-match press conference by asking for a show of hands if they thought it was a pen. All hands went up.

I'm sick and tired of his excuses. After 3 years he should know better and again he makes decisions that ultimately cost us the game, and fail to capitalise on other results.
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #628: Dec 10, 2017 07:19:00 pm
      Some major overreactions, suppose that's to be expected. Yes it was another screw up by Lovren, Moreno did something similar in the 3-3 away to Serville.

It does highlight the fact that we don't have an out and out goalscorer. We created opportunities and openings but if it wasn't for the spectacular goal by Salah we might not have scored.

Lovren got some stupid stuff after the Spurs game but I mean he must know you can't put your hands on a player with his back to goal.... I mean what the hell was he thinking. Although some players believe it or not do not like watching football. Does Lovren study defenders. Top defenders not only prepare physically, they prepare mentally. Go over in their mind situations that might crop up in the game, remind himself what NOT to do.

Goalkeepers go thru mental routines to prepare, all players should prepare mentally. To prevent stupid mistakes, if nothing else.
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #629: Dec 10, 2017 07:22:08 pm
      As for Salah being hooked, we don't know if it was a precaution. He might have said something in the dressing room, that he feels weary or his hammy's are a bit tight etc.

We don't know yet.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #630: Dec 10, 2017 07:28:18 pm
      I refuse to blame Lovren. You need a certain aggressiveness as a defender and it's not like Lovren pulled out some stupid stunt. I blame Klopp whose team cannot handle bus parking teams properly for two f*cking seasons now. I am sick and tired of 34000% ball possession that leads to one goal, only scored by the individual class of a player (e.g. Salah today). Only when we lead and our opponent opens up we score properly. Klopp needs tactical coaching, maybe we can crowdfund a seminar?

On the positive side: I liked Robertson, very calm and smart, also Ox, could see him in the starting 11 soon, Solanke also shows promising signs.

What makes this draw worse with every minute I think about is the fact we had an unique opportunity to take advantage of Chelski's, ManU's and Arsenal's failure and failed.
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #631: Dec 10, 2017 07:28:22 pm
      I'm totally disgusted with Klopp again today.

1. This is one of the four biggest games of our season. This sh*te home and away,  United home and away. Klopp still doesn't appear to understand this. Rotate in mid-week, not in the Derby.

2. Mane was stinking the place out. So he takes off Salah. Blueshite offered nothing in attack, neither did Milner. Chamberlain did. Klopp takes him off, leaves Milner offering nothing. Can anyone imagine Kane getting hooked in the North London Derby with Spurs as dominant as we were today?

Should Mane pass? Yes. Was it the softest of soft penalty? Yes. But knowing all that, to take off our main attacking threat is unforgivable. At 1-0 anything could happen. A freak or own goal and he thinks its a great idea to remove our threat. He then further embarrass himself in the post-match press conference by asking for a show of hands if they thought it was a pen. All hands went up.

I'm sick and tired of his excuses. After 3 years he should know better and again he makes decisions that ultimately cost us the game, and fail to capitalise on other results.

Was a penalty, shove in the back, in the box, in front of a ref. In the box you simply do not make any contact from behind...must be one of the first rule of defending.

RULE No. 1. Thou salt not barge, push, shuv any player, in the box, from behind.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #632: Dec 10, 2017 07:31:25 pm
      I'm not crediting there tactics

I doubt there has ever been a more one sided Derby!

But there were times when Everton defend well - if they didn't defend well we would of won by a cricket score.

This was the most one sided Merseyside Derby ever!!!!!!!!!!

Agree about the most one sided Derby ever, however we would have won by a cricket score if we had our shooting boots on. Yes they came to frustrate, but I certainly don’t think their park the bus tactics can be described as defending well. We let them off the hook, hopefully we don’t make the same mistake in 4 weeks. Allardyce giving it big on Sky after the match, he has an ego to match his girth, to think he thinks he should be managing Barcelona or Real Madrid 😂, he wouldn’t last one match after a performance like today!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #633: Dec 10, 2017 07:34:28 pm
      What was klopps interview like on sky?

He was f**king furious on bein sports. Proper fuming.

Was a bit embarrassing to be honest.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #634: Dec 10, 2017 07:34:57 pm
      Bizarre interview from Kloppy

https://youtu.be/Z072CocK-qY
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #635: Dec 10, 2017 07:35:34 pm
      You my friend are a Grade A clown if you don't think he is to blame for that.

Come on, isn't this getting ridiculous now?

There's enough divide on the issue to tell you it's not a simple yes or no. I too don't think it was a penalty and I attribute no blame to Lovren.

If that was Matip or Gomez they wouldn't be getting this criticism.

Simple bias again as demonstrated with one poster blaming Mignolet.  :f_doh:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #636: Dec 10, 2017 07:39:39 pm
      Post match presser:

https://youtu.be/eo0vk2Oxp4E
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #637: Dec 10, 2017 07:41:22 pm
      Was a penalty, shove in the back, in the box, in front of a ref. In the box you simply do not make any contact from behind...must be one of the first rule of defending.

RULE No. 1. Thou salt not barge, push, shuv any player, in the box, from behind.

It wasn't a shove at all. He put his hands on him. Yes that forces a decision from the ref but that isn't the point. Klopp had removed our only attacking threat. If Salah, Firmino and Coutinho are on it likely becomes a moot point whether it's a pen or not because we have enough attacking ability on to win the game. Solanke played well but offered nothing in attack. Neither did Milner. Klopp took off the players who did and left on the ones who didn't.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #638: Dec 10, 2017 07:45:56 pm
      Come on, isn't this getting ridiculous now?

There's enough divide on the issue to tell you it's not a simple yes or no. I too don't think it was a penalty and I attribute no blame to Lovren.

If that was Matip or Gomez they wouldn't be getting this criticism.

Simple bias again as demonstrated with one poster blaming Mignolet.  :f_doh:

Oh look another clown. There should be no debate. Stand him F***ing up. Don't give the referee any decision.

I think it's a stonewall penalty and I was screaming stand him up. But I knew that useless sh*t would do what he did. Let us down!

DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #639: Dec 10, 2017 07:46:28 pm

Not really.

He was angry.
      He strongly feels it was not a penalty and correctly explains why (although some here would call him a clown and abuse him for it).
      He calls the ref out for his appalling decision - including the disgusting challenges throughout the game.

Finally, he'll get charged by the FA for saying it.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #640: Dec 10, 2017 07:47:28 pm
      It wasn't a shove at all. He put his hands on him. Yes that forces a decision from the ref but that isn't the point. Klopp had removed our only attacking threat. If Salah, Firmino and Coutinho are on it likely becomes a moot point whether it's a pen or not because we have enough attacking ability on to win the game. Solanke played well but offered nothing in attack. Neither did Milner. Klopp took off the players who did and left on the ones who didn't.

Spot on Klopp fu**ed up
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #641: Dec 10, 2017 07:49:03 pm

It wasn't your normal interview, the to and fro was quite bizarre.

Not arsed like as I like a manager who doesn't just come out and pander to the Sky TV wankers.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #642: Dec 10, 2017 07:51:08 pm
      Oh look another clown. There should be no debate. Stand him f**king up. Don't give the referee any decision.

I think it's a stonewall penalty and I was screaming stand him up. But I knew that useless sh*t would do what he did. Let us down!

To be fair lad, I'm one of lovrens biggest critics and after Spurs away I didn't want him to play for us ever again.

But that for me isn't a penalty today.

Incredibly soft. Fat Sam said it was a brave decision to give the penalty but I think it would have been even more brave to not give it and to book DCL.  We need to cut that sh*te out the sport we all love, it's sh*te like that that's ruined football.

It's supposed to be a contact sport and although lovren places his hand on DCLs back, you know yourself there is not enough force for him to roll around all over the ground as if he had been run over by a F***ing motorbike.

Never a pen in my opinion. Soft as F**k.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #643: Dec 10, 2017 07:55:18 pm
      To be fair lad, I'm one of lovrens biggest critics and after Spurs away I didn't want him to play for us ever again.

But that for me isn't a penalty today.

Incredibly soft. Fat Sam said it was a brave decision to give the penalty but I think it would have been even more brave to not give it and to book DCL.  We need to cut that sh*te out the sport we all love, it's sh*te like that that's ruined football.

It's supposed to be a contact sport and although lovren places his hand on DCLs back, you know yourself there is not enough force for him to roll around all over the ground as if he had been run over by a f**king motorbike.

Never a pen in my opinion. Soft as f**k.

What he's guilty of is giving the ref a decision to make. Pen or not is debatable.

Quick Reply