Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      33 (39.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Ox Chamberlain
      5 (6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (41%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (1.2%)
      Bobby Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2017 04:33:41 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate

Read 30894 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #644: Dec 10, 2017 07:56:01 pm
      Apart from the result the thing that annoyed me the most was Gomez not running into space in the first half, there was three or four time when Salah moved towards/into the box and there was a huge amount of space on the rightfor Gomez to attack and get behind the defence.

Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #645: Dec 10, 2017 07:56:41 pm
      Thought we were poor for the last 15 minutes. Their goal was disappointment, but expected from the way things were going.

Should have started strong and withdrawn players. Mr Klopp needs to have a scratch of the chin about this one, oh and Lovren, is well, Lovren, not a pen but he should have kept his hands off him, everyone knows how the mongtels play football.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #646: Dec 10, 2017 07:59:10 pm
      What he's guilty of is giving the ref a decision to make. Pen or not is debatable.

Yeah you're right.

But to be honest if one of our lads went down like that I'd be embarrassed.

It certainly wasn't stonewall and I'm not raging with Lovren.

I suppose in the modern game it's a penalty but it's still soft as F**k.

I'm not being biased either, but if I was refereeing that match then I'm booking DCL all day.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #647: Dec 10, 2017 08:13:21 pm
      The one person I blame for this draw...

Mane, for his selfish glory-seeking attempt that cost us the second goal..
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #648: Dec 10, 2017 08:16:51 pm
      Yeah you're right.

But to be honest if one of our lads went down like that I'd be embarrassed.

It certainly wasn't stonewall and I'm not raging with Lovren.

I suppose in the modern game it's a penalty but it's still soft as f**k.

I'm not being biased either, but if I was refereeing that match then I'm booking DCL all day.

Moreno did it against Serville away in the 3-3...and he rightly got some stick, was put down to inexperience or lack of composure. But this today was shambolic defending, from the refs position he couldn't give anything else. You don't push,shuv or even make any robust challenge from BEHIND...in THE BOX....it's just crap defending. They offered nothing going forward and we just didn't punish them enough. End of.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #649: Dec 10, 2017 08:24:49 pm
      But don't lose the plot. We have played a lot worse against packed deep defense. That's the big positive, in that even with 2 influential players on the bench, we still created enough openings that on another day would've won it for us.

I would be worried if coming up against a packed defense we ran out of ideas, just the opposite, we looked dangerous all the game.

But this wasn't the game for Solanke, Bob can unlock these types of defense with his deft clever touches, it's nearly always a touch of brilliance against packed defense, as indeed it was from Salah. Bob today would've complimented Salah.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #650: Dec 10, 2017 08:25:02 pm
      Moreno did it against Serville away in the 3-3...and he rightly got some stick, was put down to inexperience or lack of composure. But this today was shambolic defending, from the refs position he couldn't give anything else. You don't push,shuv or even make any robust challenge from BEHIND...in THE BOX....it's just crap defending. They offered nothing going forward and we just didn't punish them enough. End of.

How can you compare morenos in Sevilla to lovrens today?

I dislike lovren as much as I dislike Henderson and don't think he is Liverpool standard but that penalty decision was soft as F**k, he barely touches DCL and he's hitting the floor like he had been shot.

Jürgen doesn't think it's a penalty, neither do I. If you do, fine, I don't care, so stop following me around on the forum like a little dog just to disagree with anything I post.

The penalty decision is irrelevant, we weren't good today, in fact, we were poor. We had no real quality in the final third other than Salah who was then subbed, and we had a robotic midfield too.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #651: Dec 10, 2017 08:28:05 pm
      I dont understand rotating on a game like this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #652: Dec 10, 2017 08:32:09 pm
      If Lovren hadn't of missed the header, a header any CB should be making with ease, then he wouldn't have put himself in the position of giving away a penalty in the first place. The ones that are saying it shouldn't have been a penalty, maybe start taking at look at how he got in that position to begin with. Either way, he has massively fu**ed up, again.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #653: Dec 10, 2017 08:34:55 pm
      What was Mane thinking. 3 players clear on goal and he fecking greedily tried to score. If that had gone in, it would have been a different story. Klopp must remind Mane it's a team game. Solanke must do better, otherwise he'll head the same way as Origi. 
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #654: Dec 10, 2017 08:35:13 pm
      They'll be back in January...we'll sort them out then. 6-0. Play Can & Gini and the Fab4....then all the Henderson critics will have a field day.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #655: Dec 10, 2017 08:38:13 pm
      I didn't watch the full game. Did hendo do enough to speed up the game or it is his usual self going sideways and backwards?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #656: Dec 10, 2017 08:40:13 pm
      If Lovren hadn't of missed the header, a header any CB should be making with ease, then he wouldn't have put himself in the position of giving away a penalty in the first place. The ones that are saying it shouldn't have been a penalty, maybe start taking at look at how he got in that position to begin with. Either way, he has massively fu**ed up, again.

I agree with that, definitely. I'm not defending Lovren, I can't stand the bloke.

I just find the penalty incident very harsh. The contact was minimal and not enough for the ref to give a foul in my opinion. But that's what it's about, opinions.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #657: Dec 10, 2017 08:40:48 pm
      I didn't watch the full game. Did hendo do enough to speed up the game or it is his usual self going sideways and backwards?

Oh he was excellent according to some, very zidane like.

Didn't notice it much myself mind.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #658: Dec 10, 2017 08:47:17 pm
      https://twitter.com/fizzer18/status/939890267615846402

No Phil, Manchester is.

One half of Liverpool is acting like they've won a cup and the other is laughing at them.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #659: Dec 10, 2017 08:49:05 pm
      The one person I blame for this draw...

Mane, for his selfish glory-seeking attempt that cost us the second goal..

Mane IS a top drawer finisher and he has proved it for me but he is selfish and he's not a team player.
      You could see when he ran at the goal just before half time there was only one thing on his mind.
      How the f**k he didn't see his THREE team mates in front of an open goal to his right is truly beyond me.

and what makes matters worse Mane went missing second half then the one player that was causing problems got substituted.

I can appreciate that squad rotation is part of the modern game and Jürgen makes the decisions but I just don't know how he possibly thought that Everton were gonna be any different to the way Moscow were in mid week.
      Everton were absolute sh*te today and we should've had the same 11 in the same formation out there and put the game to bed by the half time.

We lost a brilliant opportunity today to close the gap on that whinging tw*t Mourinho and put some air between us and Tottenham,Arsenal and Chelsea and we fu**ed it up.

Knowing those bitter blue tw*ts across the park they'll have that game on dvd in their shop in time for Christmas.

Two vital points dropped today !! :f_steam:

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #660: Dec 10, 2017 08:50:07 pm
      Oh he was excellent according to some, very zidane like.

Didn't notice it much myself mind.

Why didn't Klopp uses the same lineup in the Spartak game? That baffles me. Did Solanke do enough to unsettle the bitters' defence?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #661: Dec 10, 2017 08:51:07 pm
      I think most of us are not happy with the pen decision (Klopp included) because just last weekend another penalty was given against us out of thin air. In fact most of the penalties we've given away this season are incredibly soft or unnecessarily committed. It's frustrating.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #662: Dec 10, 2017 08:55:07 pm
      Why didn't Klopp uses the same lineup in the Spartak game? That baffles me. Did Solanke do enough to unsettle the bitters' defence?

Something that is being discussed quite a lot at the minute. I think most of us thought the line up was bizarre.

Solanke wasn't in the game really. Some nice little touches here and there but had very little service in truth and he wasn't much of a threat no.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #663: Dec 10, 2017 09:03:08 pm
      So, can we deduce that by having Solanke on has weakened our attack while Hendo, well hendo being hendo slowed down the game with no firepower from midfield? Solanke will need to do much better. He can't be on the first team and a passenger. he has the height and physique and he needs to toughen up and start to bully defenders. Buy a pure striker Klopp. Solanke is not ready yet.   
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #664: Dec 10, 2017 09:06:12 pm
      When will we start getting 3 points from games like that, were we go ahead, have the vast majority of possession, waste chances, and get pegged back.
      NEVER felt comfortable at 1-0 up, us of all sides should know it's precarious - and just before HT when Mane didn't cross the ball for TWO guys COMPLETELY FREE who would've been able to just pass it in, had that nagging feeling.
      Masses of possession, no 2nd goal. And with our CBs and GK, you know anything can happen. And it did. Again. F**k. Sake. Not in the least surprised though at Lovren gifting them a peno.

Rotation has gone OK so far but hit us today, missed Cou, Bob and Gini. Thought Solanke was anonymous, AOC was just OK, and Milner was plain poor. Mane was patchy too. Joe Gomez was my MOTM, he's getting back to some super form.

Everton came to defend, and did it pretty well, and even when we went 1 up, they didn't threaten, just kept their defensive shape. Though we had well over 70% possession, how many saves did Pickford have to make?! Still, with how little they did down the other end, they must absolutely not believe their luck leaving with a point.

With our first 11 out today we win that match. But I'm for rotation, sides need to be able to do it, and won't blame Jürgen who has to plan for a busy Xmas period - just don't think we have quite the strength in depth yet to be able to go on a run doing it.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #665: Dec 10, 2017 09:22:22 pm
      Fuming at the ref for the penno decision, ridiculously soft and the reaction of our lads when he gave it then again at full-time says it all. It was a shocker.

Also pissed at Klopp. Bonkers not playing Coutinho in this game. Fat Sam had a week to prepare, he is a terrific organiser of a defence and it was absolutely paramount that we had a player to make things happen between the lines. We've only got two players who ca do that. One is injured and the other is Coutinho. Dropping him played right into their tactics.

It's a missed opportunity but we keep moving forward and a win mid-week would still have us sitting in a good place. We've gained a point on the mancs and chavs, parity with the gooners and the spuds have closed the gap on us. Could be worse but should be better.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #666: Dec 10, 2017 09:28:46 pm
      Actually rotating Countinho could be a sign they will not let him leave in January, because otherwise there's no need to rest him, right?

Quick Reply