Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match : Liverpool v WBA : Dec 13th 20.00

Read 5486 times
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Re: Pre-Match : Liverpool v WBA : Dec 13th 20.00
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2017 03:20:52 pm
      Mignolet will play, Gomez for me is our current best cb with matip out. A coutinho, Can, Gini midfield  I like as Gini works well as the between man for those 2. Can see salah on bench and having a front 3 of Manè, Ox and Firmino.

Get a goal or 2 early and we'll get a cricket score. Give them something to hang on to and we will be in for a long night.

All in my opinion of course ;D
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Re: Prematch : Liverpool v WBA : Dec 13th 20.00
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2017 03:52:15 pm
      Fair enough, just annoyed by people mainly on twatter accusing Mané of being jealous of salah

Was going to say earlier that there is a bit of rivalry for the right wing position. Mane and Salah both prefer the right side I believe. Don't think Mane is jealous. Mane would be free to roam across the front line but mostly operate down the left and swop with Salah during the game.

May be the theory is Mane wanted to show he can finish off a run with a clean finish to show the boss he is "the man"...doubt it, just didn't look up and to score himself was being clinical ...unfortunately it slipped wide. Not winning didn't help his cause.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2017 03:55:50 pm
      This should be more than enough to get things done....

NB: Team no longer available
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2017 05:03:50 pm
      Also Adam Lallana should see some action. He's fit and should get at least 45min.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2017 05:21:18 pm
      I rest Salah the whole game. Solanke is my man.

Why?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2017 05:23:15 pm
      Also Adam Lallana should see some action. He's fit and should get at least 45min.

Yeah what is the deal with Lallana, is he not fully recovered yet, I thought he was back to training a few weeks ago.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2017 05:43:13 pm
      The Mane drama is typical of people who want a scape goat. As usual, Lovren got stick. Mignolet too (what for is anyone's guess). Mane... well... how dare he go for glory when he had a better option?

Let's forget when Firmino did it, when Salah did it, all the times that Coutinho does it, and the legendary Suarez who was more selfish than anyone. But because we drew that game.. Mane is the target of the abuse. Yes, he should have passed the ball. He didn't. It will happen again with all of those guys, and it is not jealousy. It is football.

I think we'll be back to the same usual starting lineup. Can't see Klopp taking any risks here.

To be fair I reckon if that was Bobby through on goal the pass would have been made.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2017 06:38:30 pm
      I’d like four Gomez in defence. If possible. Even anyone can play in goal.

Me or my nan (anyone but Migs that’s how sick I feel)

Gomez
      Gomez
      Gomez
      Gomez

Can
      Gini
      Coutinho

Mane
      Salah
      Firmino

No wind up. I’ve grown tired of Migs and Lovren. It’s really sad.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2017 06:57:36 pm
      Expecting Salah to get a rest this time around - and I'd say we're going to need him more for the two away games than this homer v West Brom.

Surely Salah starts this one considering we took him off early on Sunday at 1-0? Should have played 90 at the weekend if he's getting a rest tomorrow.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2017 07:20:21 pm
      Surely Salah starts this one considering we took him off early on Sunday at 1-0? Should have played 90 at the weekend if he's getting a rest tomorrow.

Think Salah will start too with Mane missing out this time. Then against Bournemouth, Salah will likely rest with Mane coming in for him. Hopefully we'll see the four of them away at Arsenal.

Think we'll see a line-up similar to the one we saw against Spartak Moscow:

Gomez over Trent for this one considering their aerial threat. Trent can play against Bournemouth with Gomez coming back in for the game against the Gunners.

Injury updates:

Matip is running again, but won't play against WBA.
      Lallana has been back in full training with the rest of the group. Klopp looking to build up game fitness again.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2017 07:33:46 pm
      Christ, the away dressing room has been given the greasy, sleazebag dirt full on this week what with Allardyce visiting on Sunday and Pardew tomorrow night. Hope the cleaners have a fire engine full of Domestos ready to detoxify that dressing room after final whistle tomorrow.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2017 07:39:04 pm
      Think Salah will start too with Mane missing out this time. Then against Bournemouth, Salah will likely rest with Mane coming in for him. Hopefully we'll see the four of them away at Arsenal.

Think we'll see a line-up similar to the one we saw against Spartak Moscow:

Gomez over Trent for this one considering their aerial threat. Trent can play against Bournemouth with Gomez coming back in for the game against the Gunners.

Injury updates:

Matip is running again, but won't play against WBA.
      Lallana has been back in full training with the rest of the group. Klopp looking to build up game fitness again.

Salah has a lot more minutes in his legs then Mane...Mane sat out the Brighton match and played Spartak then the Blueshite.

Salah played Brighton, Spartak & Everton.

Expecting Mane/Firmino/AOC up top on this one.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2017 08:24:56 pm
      To be fair I reckon if that was Bobby through on goal the pass would have been made.

Probably right mate. But Mane is a much better scorer and likely fancied himself there. Firmino would lack the self confidence.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2017 08:34:53 pm
      Probably right mate. But Mane is a much better scorer and likely fancied himself there. Firmino would lack the self confidence.

Yeh.

Bobby looks like a man struggling for confidence.......🙄

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRaun2RakyU

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #37: Dec 12, 2017 08:39:46 pm
      Yeh.

Yup equaled last year's total and it's December...definitely on the down-slope of his career.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38: Dec 12, 2017 09:00:09 pm
      Yeh.

Damn, this celebration nearly gave me a heart attack back then, I actually thought he was gonna pull it all down and swing his dick.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Dec 12, 2017 09:31:47 pm
      No wind up. I’ve grown tired of Migs and Lovren. It’s really sad.

I was tired of them a year ago. Summer came and went.
      Of the 5 stages of grief - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance - maybe I've hit the last one :(
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #40: Dec 12, 2017 09:54:33 pm
      I'm not sure if I'll be pissed off or happy if we revert back to the Spartak starting eleven as it will just extend my confusion as to why we lined up the way we did in the derby..
      It's West Bromwich Albion for Christ sake....even their name is a f**king joke !
      Id've much rather we battered that shower of blue sh*te on Saturday then played Solanke up top tomorrow and rested the two Brazilians.
      I'm not suggesting that for one minute I'd rather surrender two points against West Brom but it was the f**king derby at Anfield and the team selection didn't work and it pissed me off ! end of.

It better work tomorrow !..I wanna see a total annihilation of that slimy f**ker Pardew and his shithouse tactics.
      None of this leading 1-0 sh*t with 20 minutes left and having Lovren to defend long shithouse balls upfield.

We don't wanna be going into Bournemouth and Arsenal away scratching for points..

and more importantly I don't wanna see our boss after the game arguing with Sky about some wanky decision which cost us the 3 points.

pre match rant over ! ;D

DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #41: Dec 12, 2017 10:09:44 pm
      Yeh.

He's the tap in king, but not great 1v1.  :f_whistle:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Dec 12, 2017 10:49:37 pm
      Salah apparently felt his hammy a bit on sunday hence the sub, scan showed nothing but probably won't start. Bobby and phil were apparently in the red zone so were rested v the blueshite
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #43: Dec 12, 2017 11:07:04 pm
      Salah apparently felt his hammy a bit on sunday hence the sub, scan showed nothing but probably won't start. Bobby and phil were apparently in the red zone so were rested v the blueshite

Yet all the yelling and screaming about the starting line-up and why Salah was pulled....again jumping to conclusions without knowing any facts.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #44: Dec 12, 2017 11:24:23 pm
      Following the cock up against the bitters, this game has become a bit more pressured. Have to go full strength (from who's fit) from the start, get it won, then rest who you need to. Park the bus second half if need be.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2017 12:03:38 am

He apparently went off early as a precaution for signs of a hamstring injury. I doubt he will play vs WBA.

Quick Reply