Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Brom?

Loris Karius
      22 (34.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (25.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (3.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      9 (14.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (7.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Dec 17, 2017 09:54:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23669 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Live: Liverpool V West Brom
      Reply #23: Dec 13, 2017 07:30:55 pm
      If Karius sucks I'll be right in your face in the post game thread. :P

To take delight and say “I told you so”?

You crack on lad.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #24: Dec 13, 2017 07:33:19 pm
      For someone in his prime, Henderson sure does need a lot of “rest.”   :roll:
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #25: Dec 13, 2017 07:35:32 pm
      I would risked them against the bitters and rest them tonight but who am I to know details!

But why would you risk an injured player? Surely it's better to rest them, play someone else and have them be available for the coming games rather than risking them and them getting injured so we can't play them for a month?

Long term and with the fixturelist in mind, it was the right call to rest them. Look at the bigger picture rather than a single game in isolation. There's a team of experts, physical coaches, doctors etc. that advise Klopp on the physical condition of the players. Questioning Klopp's line-up (leaving players out on the basis of fitness) is not only questioning his judgement as a manager, it's also questioning the work the backroom staff does with regards to the fitness of the players.

You're a teacher, your voice is to you what their feet / legs are to them. If you feel you're losing your voice, would you rather be allowed to rest a day and come back a day after to teach or would you like them to force you to teach anyway and risk losing your voice for longer than the one day you can't teach?

Also, Sturridge is indeed injured mate.

With regards to the line-up: pretty happy with that. Would've preferred Gomez to be given the start for this one, but with his injury history in mind, making sure he always fully recovers between games is important. No need to overplay him.

Also happy to see Karius in goal. Though I think that's due to Mignolet having picked up a knock when he made that tackle halfway the first half. Looked like it hurt quite a bit. Hopefully the F***ing media doesn't go with:"BREAKING: Mignolet dropped by Klopp!"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Dec 13, 2017 07:39:36 pm
      But why would you risk an injured player? Surely it's better to rest them, play someone else and have them be available for the coming games rather than risking them and them getting injured so we can't play them for a month?

Long term and with the fixturelist in mind, it was the right call to rest them. Look at the bigger picture rather than a single game in isolation. There's a team of experts, physical coaches, doctors etc. that advise Klopp on the physical condition of the players. Questioning Klopp's line-up (leaving players out on the basis of fitness) is not only questioning his judgement as a manager, it's also questioning the work the backroom staff does with regards to the fitness of the players.

You're a teacher, your voice is to you what their feet / legs are to them. If you feel you're losing your voice, would you rather be allowed to rest a day and come back a day after to teach or would you like them to force you to teach anyway and risk losing your voice for longer than the one day you can't teach?

With regards to the line-up: pretty happy with that. Would've preferred Gomez to be given the start for this one, but with his injury history in mind, making sure he always fully recovers between games is important. No need to overplay him.

Also happy to see Karius in goal. Though I think that's due to Mignolet having picked up a knock when he made that tackle halfway the first half. Looked like it hurt quite a bit. Hopefully the f**king media doesn't go with:"BREAKING: Mignolet dropped by Klopp!"

I genuinely think Mignolet on the bench is just rotation and Klopp proving once and for all that he wasn't messing about when he believed that goalkeepers need to take a 'mental break from time to time or words to those effect. No doubt that Mignolet will be back in on Sunday.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Dec 13, 2017 07:43:11 pm
      Why did not the fab four play against Everton and the others against West Brom ???

Aye, I'd have started that front four vs Everton, and maybe rested them against WB if needed. They came on as subs, so they're not injured - if they're not right, leave them out, or take them off early.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #28: Dec 13, 2017 07:43:35 pm
      Fab four back with our Jordan is rested and Karius playing in the league on Wednesday's night.

So much for the 'rotating the fab 4' story..  :D
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #29: Dec 13, 2017 07:43:42 pm
      I genuinely think Mignolet on the bench is just rotation and Klopp proving once and for all that he wasn't messing about when he believed that goalkeepers need to take a 'mental break from time to time or words to those effect. No doubt that Mignolet will be back in on Sunday.

Never questioned Klopp genuinely believing that goalkeepers need a rest from time to time. I agree that Mignolet will most likely play against Bournemouth.

One of the Belgian sports channels just happened to have the Everton game on replay here last night. Saw that contact again and it really looked like it hurt a lot, so thought that might have helped him / pushed him towards making the decision to rotate.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #30: Dec 13, 2017 07:44:12 pm
      Hope our fab four are on top form tonight. Then the goals will start flying in, the back of the net.
      jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 13, 2017 07:44:18 pm
      He is starting because he can...and the manager is not going to play two kids next too each other in that back line...more risk there than playing Lovren and Klavan.

He is not going to expose the both of them at the same time..like it or not he won't.

Chicken
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #32: Dec 13, 2017 07:44:52 pm
      Strong side.

Give approximately minus two flying fucks what team we “should” have started in previous games.

C’mon mighty red men
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: Dec 13, 2017 07:46:07 pm
      Aye, I'd have started that front four vs Everton, and maybe rested them against WB if needed. They came on as subs, so they're not injured - if they're not right, leave them out, or take them off early.

Coutinho came on as a sub?

Missed that one.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #34: Dec 13, 2017 07:46:42 pm
      Is Sturridge injured because Solanke and Ings are on the bench before him?

Don't believe so. On Sunday it was said he had a "tight" hamstring, so precautionary absence. Probably the same tonight.

Klopp does like to ensure absolute readiness before game time e.g. Lallana.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Dec 13, 2017 07:46:51 pm
      If Karius sucks I'll be right in your face in the post game thread. :P

Whatever about sharpening knives, interesting to see Karius get a game, maybe JĂźrgen thinks he's showing more in training. The fact that he hasn't been able to take the no.1 spot from Migs says a lot, and I haven't been impressed by him so far - but haven't written him off completely yet.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #36: Dec 13, 2017 07:48:37 pm

Also happy to see Karius in goal. Though I think that's due to Mignolet having picked up a knock when he made that tackle halfway the first half. Looked like it hurt quite a bit. Hopefully the F***ing media doesn't go with:"BREAKING: Mignolet dropped by Klopp!"

Indeed I'm a teacher and I understood your argument.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #37: Dec 13, 2017 07:48:47 pm
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #38: Dec 13, 2017 07:51:48 pm

Gee I love your Matchday presentations, Clint!
      Great visuals.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #39: Dec 13, 2017 07:53:16 pm
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Dec 13, 2017 07:54:56 pm
      You have to wonder what Lovren has to do to get dropped.
      Guess though with only Gomez as other possible CB option, or Can, his hands are almost tied!?

With the front 4 back together though tonite though, you have to think they can outscore any mistakes from him :)  In saying that, he'll probably score a bullet header from a corner. Cmon Dejan!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #41: Dec 13, 2017 07:57:10 pm
      Just gone upstairs to pop it on to realise we're not even on Sky.

Amateurs. Interesting to see a near full side and Coutinho as captain again.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #42: Dec 13, 2017 07:58:58 pm
      Just gone upstairs to pop it on to realise we're not even on Sky.

Amateurs. Interesting to see a near full side and Coutinho as captain again.

Think of all the players on the pitch right now, he's the one who has been here the longest? Probably down to seniority.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2017 08:00:05 pm
      Big fan of that side.

SMASH EM.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784