Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Brom?

Loris Karius
      22 (34.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (25.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (3.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      9 (14.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (7.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Dec 17, 2017 09:54:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23019 times
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 13, 2017 10:14:38 pm
      arsed...

league is well gone. cant ever get up for 'race for fourth'.
      this will be the season. we will look awesome or absolute sh*te.

only hope is CL and fa cup
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #392: Dec 13, 2017 10:15:02 pm
      Gawd this is depressing,even the samaritans hung up  :f_wah:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #393: Dec 13, 2017 10:15:24 pm
      That game has confused me even more with all the rotataing and sh*t over the weekend.

Just seen a reminder that we were 5 up after 50 minutes against Spartak yet Coutinho, Mo and Mane completed the 90 minutes to be rested in the Derby and then start against West Brom. But then I look at the performances on Sunday and tonight and see they were both sh*te.

My head hurts.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #394: Dec 13, 2017 10:15:53 pm
      Fukn dire all round 4 easy points dropped that should have seen us sit in 3.

Midfield was sh*t attack was sh*t.

Midfield has been sh*te ever since Klopp came in. AOC is beginning to play really well, he should start.

Also, can't a footballer play two games a week? If necessary, sub them around 65 minutes. Surely, they can play 120/130 minutes a week. It would mean a more settled side.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts | 277 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V West Brom
      Reply #395: Dec 13, 2017 10:15:55 pm
      Can we ever win the Prem with Klopp?

I'm only 38 and sometimes I feelthat I'll never see us win the league again...
      I don't think it's necessary just Klopp, Chelsea changed the landscape in PL and City have taken it to another level, Utd have tried to match the spending but have spent unwisely. 
      Unless we are prepared to go for the same players and pay the wages City do we can't compete for the league.
      FSG aren't interested enough about trophies as long as the global brand is making money, they are running a successful business whilst year on year we miss out.
      I'll be honest it breaks my heart that we haven't won the league, it's all on 30 years, 2013-14 still haunts me.
      Why can't we play crap and win? both Manc clubs do it on a regular basis.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #396: Dec 13, 2017 10:16:20 pm
      So, this rotation has gone well in the last 2 games.

Why we are putting on a defender for a defender at 80mins in a game we are 0-0 against a side we should be smashing is beyond me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #397: Dec 13, 2017 10:18:01 pm
      Yet another poisonous performance from the anti - football fraternity bus parking tossers, the commentators on the   stream i watched (Fanny mills) heaping nothing but praise for Pardews parkers,

Only at the 88th minute did they mention that the actual point of football was to score goals .....and although we were not at our best tonight i feel we were dragged down to their level and subjected to utter frustration....a typical Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce ...et al bus parking tactic....add that f***in useless kunt with the whistle and we have a frustrating and sometimes angry 93 minutes...

How the F**k did Solanke's goal get cancelled ? The kunt with the whistle pointed to the centre circle, how can the lino determine it was deliberate handball his view would have been impaired by players in direct line to Solanke from his position?

Then ..only 3 mins of ET yet there were 5 substitutions and all the timewasting by WBA,  ....to say I'm pissed off is a massive understatement........

.....F**k OFF Pardew, F**k OFF with yer Bus parking Pish, and F**k OFF REF you Total KUNT !!

tw*t'S
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #398: Dec 13, 2017 10:18:02 pm
      Baffled as to why Coutinho is getting criticism tonight, I thought he was the best of a bad bunch in terms of our attackers. Tried his hardest to make things happen and got himself on the ball repeatedly. I was more disappointed with Firmino, Mane and to a lesser extent Salah.

Yep, agree with that
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #399: Dec 13, 2017 10:18:03 pm

Why we are putting on a defender for a defender at 80mins in a game we are 0-0 against a side we should be smashing is beyond me.

Why can't one of journalists ask that question to Klopp?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Reply #400: Dec 13, 2017 10:18:34 pm
      Well at least Karius had a good night.

And yes...of course he's better than Mignolet.

Not a chance.

But hey, nice to see you credit the keeper. When Mignolet plays well... silence.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #401: Dec 13, 2017 10:18:56 pm

Baffling. Why not change for another body up top? F***ing sh*te sub that was
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #402: Dec 13, 2017 10:19:01 pm
      And the problem is that there are at least 8 teams in the prem that play like this, so that is 16 games where you have to have a plan...

Plan worked at home v huddersfield and Southampton
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #403: Dec 13, 2017 10:20:41 pm
      That game has confused me even more with all the rotataing and sh*t over the weekend.

Just seen a reminder that we were 5 up after 50 minutes against Spartak yet Coutinho, Mo and Mane completed the 90 minutes to be rested in the Derby and then start against West Brom. But then I look at the performances on Sunday and tonight and see they were both sh*te.

My head hurts.

Tonight was more worrying than the derby where we could and should have been out of sight.

That 90 mins was like going without food at breakfast and lunch ahead of an all you can eat bbq.......only to get there and find out its a quorn only bbq.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #404: Dec 13, 2017 10:20:57 pm
      Not a chance.

But hey, nice to see you credit the keeper. When Mignolet plays well... silence.

Mignolet is shiter than sh*te.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #405: Dec 13, 2017 10:22:11 pm
      Not a chance.

Oh now come on Danny Boy that's totally untrue.

Mignolet's never played well.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #406: Dec 13, 2017 10:25:53 pm
      Bournemouth and Arsenal must wins now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #407: Dec 13, 2017 10:26:47 pm
      Baffling. Why not change for another body up top? F***ing sh*te sub that was

Even despite him getting an assist (for it to not count), it still makes no sense when you have Ings, who okay isn't anything special, he will at least have a lot of movement up top and gives them something else to think about.

Going defender for defender makes me think TAA was getting a bit tired and Klopp was then more focused on a clean sheet than getting another body in attack.

Ultimately, the position we are in, we have no chance of 1st and next to no chance of 2nd either IMO, 3rd if we are very lucky. In this position, there isn't much difference by 1 point and 0 points. When you fail to beat a team like WBA, at home, in a game you should comfortably get 4,5,6 goals, a draw feels just the same as a defeat to me. So why not just sacrifice a defender, stick another body in in attack and give them more to think about. If you get hit on the counter and end up losing then so be it, at least you go down by showing you've done possibly everything you can to win and like I said, a draw feels just as bad as a defeat against a team like this.
      Sure there is debate over whether the goal should have stood or not, but to be honest, the amount of shots we have in a game and the quality we have in attack, it shouldn't even be an issue, we should have the game already won by that point.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #408: Dec 13, 2017 10:29:10 pm
      The fact our Goalkeeper is voted MOTM in a game against a relegation side that's only managed to win two games all season tells its own story. Can't blame the selection on this one, although subs were disgracefully late again, mostly this one is on the players who failed to get up for the game.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #409: Dec 13, 2017 10:30:06 pm

Fair point.  Thought TAA had played well and had been much more likely to supply the assist than Robertson on the other side.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #410: Dec 13, 2017 10:31:54 pm
      The good thing: Nobody, not even King Kenny, has questioned Klopp's system. So I guess that's not a problem, maybe we just have to wait and stay patient. Maybe Keita will change it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #411: Dec 13, 2017 10:32:20 pm
      We gotta do better against park the bus teams
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #412: Dec 13, 2017 10:32:25 pm
      Even despite him getting an assist (for it to not count), it still makes no sense when you have Ings, who okay isn't anything special, he will at least have a lot of movement up top and gives them something else to think about.

Going defender for defender makes me think TAA was getting a bit tired and Klopp was then more focused on a clean sheet than getting another body in attack.

Ultimately, the position we are in, we have no chance of 1st and next to no chance of 2nd either IMO, 3rd if we are very lucky. In this position, there isn't much difference by 1 point and 0 points. When you fail to beat a team like WBA, at home, in a game you should comfortably get 4,5,6 goals, a draw feels just the same as a defeat to me. So why not just sacrifice a defender, stick another body in in attack and give them more to think about. If you get hit on the counter and end up losing then so be it, at least you go down by showing you've done possibly everything you can to win and like I said, a draw feels just as bad as a defeat against a team like this.
      Sure there is debate over whether the goal should have stood or not, but to be honest, the amount of shots we have in a game and the quality we have in attack, it shouldn't even be an issue, we should have the game already won by that point.

I thought TAA was getting worryingly slack as the game went on. Carelessly slipping up and giving the ball away in good positions that left us in danger of being exposed. Bar a couple of crosses, I don't think he had a good game tonight (like the rest). As with the whole team he really struggled to link up with those players around him and didn't seem to work well in tandem with Salah.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #413: Dec 13, 2017 10:32:50 pm
      Only positive for me was that this sh*te was on the nbcgold package,so i stayed home saved me self 60 bucks on beer and avoided being the saddo swearing at the tv when the afterwork/M.I.T, crowd showed up.But as far as utter w*nk goes that was a fine example,and yeah F**k the cunting officials and Pardew the c**t.

Quick Reply