Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Brom?

Loris Karius
      22 (34.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (25.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (3.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      9 (14.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (7.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Dec 17, 2017 09:54:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22972 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Dec 14, 2017 08:49:19 am
      Didn't see the match last night, but given that Klopp dropped Mignolet & Henderson & picked the Fab 4; as we didn't concede, presumably Lovren is in the clear, with Klopp picking a side most would want to see (near enough), why did we fail to win/score at home against a side that hasn't won in the league in 4 months?  Genuine question.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #438: Dec 14, 2017 10:09:24 am
      The last two games make me miss having a powerhouse in midfield.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #439: Dec 14, 2017 10:10:33 am
      Didn't see the match last night, but given that Klopp dropped Mignolet & Henderson & picked the Fab 4; as we didn't concede, presumably Lovren is in the clear, with Klopp picking a side most would want to see (near enough), why did we fail to win/score at home against a side that hasn't won in the league in 4 months?  Genuine question.

They parked the bus.
      There was very little space for the front 4 to exploit.
      Solanke's goal was disallowed.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #440: Dec 14, 2017 10:18:33 am
      The last two games make me miss having a powerhouse in midfield.

Remember when we could choose from Mascherano, Sissoko, Gerrard, Alonso and even Lucas!

Still back then we had few options in forward positions. We've never had the full package hence the lack of trophies in the last 10 years!
      Kopite78
      Reply #441: Dec 14, 2017 10:33:28 am
      Disappointing. Makes Bournemouth now a must win.

But those saying the ref cost us are wrong. It's handball, deliberate or not it goes in off of his hand. Two deflections on it on the way through takes it to his hand but it's his hand ultimately that puts it in.
      If that happens at the other end I'm expecting it to be ruled out and I'm livid if it isn't.

We need to be winning these games though.

I said after the spurs game that we needed to win 6 or 7 of the next 9 to get back on track. We've won 5 and drawn 3 of 8 of that 9... win at Bournemouth at the  weekend and it's 6 wins 3 draws. That's vital now for me
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #442: Dec 14, 2017 10:57:52 am
      We've never had the full package hence the lack of trophies in the last 10 years!

Yep and its just a very odd thing to have really. Why any manager at a big club would want some of the players we have is beyond weird.

Is there any need to be plugging away with Mignolet, Lovren, kids at full back, the midfield 3 we have who alone are okay, but together very similar. No recognised mobile striker.

The squad we have will see us in a similar position year on year. A definite inprovement on the squad Brendan ended up leaving behind, but it wont take us to the next level.

We're playing for 4th at best I think and theres a few teams in that race.

We need to get back to winning because this season we're not high enough up the league to have the run we went on last winter.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #443: Dec 14, 2017 11:04:43 am
      Hopefully may get more space at Bournemouth and pay the fuckers back for last year.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #444: Dec 14, 2017 11:13:46 am
      Our midfield really is sh*t these days, its actually a bigger problem than the defence in some ways becuase in games like this we simply do not have quick enough transition play, Klopp and his team are paid more than enough money to work that out by now but still haven't.
      Time and time yesterday I was screaming for the lads to play the ball forward quickly, on the rare occasion that more than 1 West Brom player was in our half, but we gave West Brom plenty of time to regroup each and every time, so damned frustrating.

Unless Klopp and his team can work out how to beat the defensive bus parking tactics, and that includes buying better midfielders, then I'm afraid he has to go as we will never win anything under him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #445: Dec 14, 2017 11:15:30 am
      Hopefully may get more space at Bournemouth and pay the fuckers back for last year.

Are you feeling confident because I'm not, if they defend then we might get a draw if we are lucky, if they come out at us then I fancy us to win.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #446: Dec 14, 2017 11:28:46 am
      Also. Whoever their substitute was at the end of the game who was 'warming up' in stoppage time, who grabbed hold of the ball and wouldn't give it to us when it was our throw in can F**k off too.

The referee booked him but I hope the FA step in and ban the c**t. WBA should be fined or something too.

It's bad enough players on the pitch doing it but that was just taking the piss.

Sam Field that. He's quite talented actually so hopefully he can escape West Brom or his whole career will be a time wasting waste of time.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017 04:09:22 pm by fields of anny rd »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #447: Dec 14, 2017 07:30:50 pm
      Sam Field that. He's quite talented actually so hopefully he can escape West Brom or his whole career will be a time wasting waste of time.

Seems he's been relegated to little chav ball boy, can't remember a professional player on the sidelines resorting to that crap.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,038 posts | 335 
      Reply #448: Dec 14, 2017 08:30:30 pm
      I watched the 1st half last night on a stream but it died and I gave up.  Said to our lass it had 0-0 all over it.

We didn't play anything like how we can.  We seemed afraid of losing the ball and that led to safety-first attacking, with nobody really taking any risks to get past their defenders.  I've been a fan of Robertson since he arrived, his crossing is a real weapon, but he seemed frightened to get to the byline and kept cutting back to pass infield to Cou.  Makes me wonder what instructions the lads got.

By the way, if Hendo had played we'd have smashed 'em!
      Oh and MIgs.  He'd have lobbed their keeper from his own box.  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply