Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool : Dec 17th 16.30

Read 7005 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool : Dec 17th 16.30
      Dec 15, 2017 09:57:48 am
      Reading a few posts on here seems like a cracker the other day  :)

But the main concern seems to have been our inability to break down the parked bus so with that n mind even though I doubt Bournemouth are going to throw the kitchen sink at us there is a huge difference in playing defensively between the likes of Howe and the likes of Allerdici, Pardew.
      They will want to have a go which give our front line some space to operate and also being away from Anfield is not a bad thing, these Reds crumble under the weight of expectation.

Midfield is such a dilemma go with the pairing of one who doesn't want to be here and the other who literally hides Can/Gini or the cumbersome and completely slow and laboured Hendo/Milner.....doesn't really inspire, hopefully Lallana is ready for some minutes.

Karius
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Robertson

Can
      Ox
      Lallana

Coutinho
      Mane
      Firmino

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool : Dec 17th 16.30
      Reply #1: Dec 15, 2017 10:27:46 am
      Play the same midfield that featured in the 7-0 win at Maribor
      Can, Milner, Winjaldum & Coutinho
      Don't know why he doesn't stick with this lot every week :confused-smiley-013:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Dec 15, 2017 11:54:41 am
      We desperately need to win this game, best possible side please Jürgen no pissing about with rotations etc. I'd play the same side as against West Brom and pray they can get an early goal.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Dec 15, 2017 01:06:59 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Dec 15, 2017 01:13:44 pm
      I have come to a point where I don't care what team we put out, as long as we win, that's all that matters.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #5: Dec 15, 2017 01:18:50 pm
      really need to start winning again to get us a good start to the Christmas period

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #6: Dec 15, 2017 01:22:27 pm
       :DJust don’t know what to expect any more.
      Full on attack with goals going in from all angles, or lack of attacking finesse from midfield, forwards running on empty, and another frustrating game.
      Not building my hopes up, just hoping we don’t go into a lack of confidence slide like we did last Jan, when we had so much to play for.
      ANOTHER must win game without a doubt.
      Others will drop points along the way, but we’ve already dropped our fair share. Gotta be a win here, and an away win always helps to give players a lift !
      Be good going into the Xmas rush.
      Close 1-2 for me.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Dec 15, 2017 01:30:07 pm

That’s one thing that pisses me off more than anything. Klopp signed Karius to be the new number 1. He got dropped because of some sketchy performances but going back to the games vs Saints in the cup, he’s been a lot better than Migs and despite Migs costing us time and time again, and despite how well Karius plays, he always goes straight back to Migs now. Give the lad a chance to build some momentum, Christ knows the golden child Lovren and Migs get enough chances.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #8: Dec 15, 2017 03:44:59 pm
      That’s one thing that pisses me off more than anything. Klopp signed Karius to be the new number 1. He got dropped because of some sketchy performances but going back to the games vs Saints in the cup, he’s been a lot better than Migs and despite Migs costing us time and time again, and despite how well Karius plays, he always goes straight back to Migs now. Give the lad a chance to build some momentum, Christ knows the golden child Lovren and Migs get enough chances.

100% agree with you on this but Klopp has no love for Karius, are they from rival parts of Deutschland or something?
      Kopite78
      Reply #9: Dec 15, 2017 04:03:20 pm
      100% agree with you on this but Klopp has no love for Karius, are they from rival parts of Deutschland or something?

For a pretty switched on lad, which I tend to think you are.. you don't often come out with some sh*te  at times 🙄

That's the type of sh*te I expect to read from Ribapuru
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2017 04:30:50 pm by Kopite78 »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #10: Dec 15, 2017 04:49:46 pm

Mignolet keeps beating Karius at tennis.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Dec 15, 2017 04:52:28 pm
      Play the same midfield that featured in the 7-0 win at Maribor
      Can, Milner, Winjaldum & Coutinho
      Don't know why he doesn't stick with this lot every week :confused-smiley-013:

Can is suspended,  looks like lallana will be involved somewhere
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Dec 15, 2017 05:16:42 pm
      Whatever about rotating outfield players, don't see how rotating the GK is a particularly good idea. Or even necessary.
      For Karius, how is he supposed to settle in, get an understanding with the back4, build confidence etc. if only getting the odd PL start.
      We know what Migs can do, and though Loris has had some ropey performances time has now passed and would prefer we start him for 5 or 6 matches to see how he does.
      Unless Migs is our clear no.1, though that's something I'm trying not to think about too much.
      Kopite78
      Reply #13: Dec 15, 2017 05:28:08 pm
      Whatever about rotating outfield players, don't see how rotating the GK is a particularly good idea. Or even necessary.
      For Karius, how is he supposed to settle in, get an understanding with the back4, build confidence etc. if only getting the odd PL start.
      We know what Migs can do, and though Loris has had some ropey performances time has now passed and would prefer we start him for 5 or 6 matches to see how he does.
      Unless Migs is our clear no.1, though that's something I'm trying not to think about too much.

I think Mignolet  is no.1... he had a slight calf injury for the West Brom game
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Dec 15, 2017 05:45:38 pm

Thank F**k for that.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Dec 15, 2017 05:52:25 pm
      I think Mignolet  is no.1... he had a slight calf injury for the West Brom game

Yea, he plays regularly enough to assume that's what Klopp still thinks.
      I didn't have Karius as MOTM against WB, but many did - maybe to build some momentum behind the 'Karius for no.1' campaign :)
      Don't see there's much between them based on form right now, though Jürgen still seems to prefer Migs  :-\
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #16: Dec 15, 2017 05:54:25 pm
      Need to turn up for this one 3-0 to the red men
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #17: Dec 15, 2017 06:16:58 pm
      Thank f**k for that.
      [/quote

Yeh  because we have loads of better options in the middle dont we
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Dec 15, 2017 06:22:44 pm
      Would go with:

Karius
      TAA Gomez Klavan Milner
              Hendo Gini
      Salah Coutinho AOC
                Firmino

But Migs and probably Lovren will start. Tbh, we have so few options at CB, it's hard to leave out Lovren. So much for there being no CBs out there :( Ain't gonna forget that comment for a while.
      Mane has been out of form, and even though imho AOC still hasn't really contributed much so far, would give him a run.
      Then would start Salah and Cou and Bob.  Though have a feeling one of them might make way for Solanke.
      Would leave Can on bench too, form has taken a bit of a dip, and though Gini was a bit anonymous vs WB, would start him.
      Could REALLY be doing with 3 points.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #19: Dec 15, 2017 07:05:22 pm

Thanks for pointing that out FK10, I completely forgot.
      Just think the way we played that night against Maribor, as sh*te as they were, it was a flowing forward thinking midfield with Milner in a forward role for the first time this season and Can and Winjaldum as cover.

Defoe will crop up on Sunday for sure ..He always does against us..
      I can still remember that last 20 minutes when we were 3-1 up in this same fixture last season..Nightmare !!
      I hope to God I don't have to witness anything like that again...ever!

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Dec 15, 2017 09:27:39 pm
      Klopp should've started with Karius. Rotating the keeper doesn't make that much sense. Mig has had plenty of time to show he can be consistent and not be prone to mistakes. Could be a trade off, Mig can be brilliant, so may be Klopp can live with the odd stinker.

Probably see the fab4 back in their comfort zone, hitting team on the break with lightening speed, but if Klopp pitches up slightly over cautious it could go wrong. I see another first half blitz by us and come out sleepwalking for the second half.

Score: 7-4
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 182 
      Reply #21: Dec 15, 2017 10:16:36 pm

Can't wait to have Lallana back. Against his hometown team he'll be seriously motivated - that would be a slight worry for me, hate to see him over exerted/enthused and be ******** again.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #22: Dec 15, 2017 10:23:47 pm
      I want to see Solanke again and more crosses to his head instead of pointless back and forth passing in front of their box. Sturridge would also suit this style. I also want to see Lallana, Woodburn and Ox from the beginning, later bring the usual suspects in.

Quick Reply