Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match : Arsenal v Liverpool : 22nd Dec, 19.45

Read 6970 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre match : Arsenal v Liverpool : 22nd Dec, 19.45
      Reply #69: Dec 22, 2017 06:02:52 pm
      Counting down to the game now. Looking forward to it, hoping for an entertaining one - that we go on to win ! ;)

Jürgen generally throws in one or two selection surprises, but be hard to believe we'd start without Cou/Salah/Bob - surely those guys will start.  Would like Karius to start, but assume will be Migs again.

Go at them from the start, high tempo, unsettle them, get the crowd antsy - no reason we can't go here, be confident, and get the win.

CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!  :scarf:

With ya bud, go for the throat from the off and don't let the fuckers breath re-the battering at Anfield when we were 4 up within 19 mins ,
      This isn't just a battle it's a war for CL next season,  we're already 1 point ahead let's make 4 and help to  resign gooners to another Europa Shitstorm,

LET'S f***in DO THESE COCKNEY tw*ts , in their own back yard.

1-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #70: Dec 22, 2017 06:03:48 pm
      Rumours that the fab four are starting tonight's game, can in for gini.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #71: Dec 22, 2017 06:11:03 pm
      Rumours that the fab four are starting tonight's game, can in for gini.

Can in for Wijnaldum? That would be a very big surprise for me. Wijnaldum is at his absolute best in games like this, high tempo, pressing, transitions, counter-attacking, ... That's his bread and butter. He was brilliant in our 3-4 win there last season.

Then again, if we're playing all four of them, we're going to need the two who play in front of the defence to do their defensive duties well while our attacking four run riot.

Not going to bother with a line-up myself, there will be some surprises in there.

Couldn't have wished for a more exciting game to look forward to on my birthday. Here's to a great game, with brilliant attacking football and lots of goals. Of course the Mighty Reds take it home in the end!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #72: Dec 22, 2017 06:12:12 pm
      Noticed the Arsenal cup game is going to have the first test of the new video officiating system in place (not sure if it's been played yet), the gazelle cup or whatever it's supposed to be, bleeding heck.
      Arsene likes to whinge about decisions constantly. Lets hope they haven't bought this game by being the first to test out that technology.

Here is to hoping we have a good game to watch, COYR good luck!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #73: Dec 22, 2017 06:16:56 pm
      Can in for Wijnaldum? That would be a very big surprise for me. Wijnaldum is at his absolute best in games like this, high tempo, pressing, transitions, counter-attacking, ... That's his bread and butter. He was brilliant in our 3-4 win there last season.

Then again, if we're playing all four of them, we're going to need the two who play in front of the defence to do their defensive duties well while our attacking four run riot.

Not going to bother with a line-up myself, there will be some surprises in there.

Couldn't have wished for a more exciting game to look forward to on my birthday. Here's to a great game, with brilliant attacking football and lots of goals. Of course the Mighty Reds take it home in the end!
      I think it is a form thing. Gini looks out of form. It is probably the right call. Give Gini a rest and let him compete for a place again. There should not be any auto starters in our team bar a few players.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #74: Dec 22, 2017 06:18:15 pm
      Noticed the Arsenal cup game is going to have the first test of the new video officiating system in place (not sure if it's been played yet), the gazelle cup or whatever it's supposed to be, bleeding heck.
      Arsene likes to whinge about decisions constantly. Lets hope they haven't bought this game by being the first to test out that technology.

Here is to hoping we have a good game to watch, COYR good luck!
      it is probably good for away games. Takes away the home advantage a bit.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #75: Dec 22, 2017 06:21:36 pm
      Could go either way this . These lot ripped united apart mostly but also showed they are very vulnerbale at back ? Goalfest ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #76: Dec 22, 2017 06:21:54 pm
      Migs, gomez, lovren, klavan, robbo, hendo, can, couts, salah, mane & bobby
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #77: Dec 22, 2017 06:22:30 pm
      Wearing the orange
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #78: Dec 22, 2017 06:24:14 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE,

Best pressy will be a Redmen victory!

Hope you get Rat Arsed celebrating our win

YNWA
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #79: Dec 22, 2017 06:29:13 pm
      it is probably good for away games. Takes away the home advantage a bit.

I'm not against the video decisions, I'd have to see more of how exactly it's implemented. Say your team has so many ask for video judgement choices in a game.
      Seeing the diving and manipulation of refs is really making me half despise football, I still love it though.
      I'm hoping they haven't got some preferential allowance because they agreed to be the first, I'll put it out there before the game, just in case we're like wth was that all about in terms of decisions.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #80: Dec 22, 2017 06:29:36 pm
      Why are we dropping Ox?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #81: Dec 22, 2017 06:30:35 pm
      I'm not against the video decisions, I'd have to see more of how exactly it's implemented. Say your team has so many ask for video judgement choices in a game.
      Seeing the diving and manipulation of refs is really making me half despise football, I still love it though.
      I'm hoping they haven't got some preferential allowance because they agreed to be the first, I'll put it out there before the game, just in case we're like wth was that all about in terms of decisions.
      Decisions tend to go to the home team when it is 50/50, so I think it could be advantageous to us today if this stops that.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #82: Dec 22, 2017 06:34:06 pm
      Decisions tend to go to the home team when it is 50/50, so I think it could be advantageous to us today if this stops that.

It's not for our game though, it's a test in their cup game.
      I really think it might be essential to get video decisions in future. It's a pity, but footy has got ridiculous in terms of players being wimps and getting decisions.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #83: Dec 22, 2017 06:36:33 pm
      It's not for our game though, it's a test in their cup game.
      I really think it might be essential to get video decisions in future. It's a pity, but footy has got ridiculous in terms of players being wimps and getting decisions.
      Ah okay, I miss read. Standard of refereeing is not very good nowadays, so some technology should be fast tracked in. Hopefully IFAB will see that sooner rather than later.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #84: Dec 22, 2017 06:45:00 pm
      Ah okay, I miss read. Standard of refereeing is not very good nowadays, so some technology should be fast tracked in. Hopefully IFAB will see that sooner rather than later.

No worries, but yeah, how many times do you think no way, that's spoilt the game? More often than not, football is at a point where it's needs to be here now.
      Especially international football, I do think there is corruption all over the place. The world cup for instance, take away all ambiguity and implement this stuff.

On topic, I think Firmino will be the key today or Lallana could be back for a full game, think we've missed him so much. Drop cou into deep midfield so he doesn't think he's Messi and we're good to go.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #85: Dec 22, 2017 06:45:20 pm
      Confirmed the fab 11 start :)

Quick Reply