Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bournemouth?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.1%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (12.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      31 (32%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (6.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (30.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.2%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Dec 21, 2017 06:26:32 pm

AFC Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18903 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Dec 17, 2017 06:34:54 pm
      Could only follow on here, so can’t wait for motd tonight.
      Vote my motm after that. Hope we get more than 3 mins coverage 😊
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,636 posts | 866 
      Reply #254: Dec 17, 2017 06:35:25 pm
      Everyone played really well. No criticisms.

A solid win. Clean sheet. Superb goals.

Happy reds.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #255: Dec 17, 2017 06:39:58 pm
      good interview by Alex there.c**t interviewer asking  Phil a shitty transfer question and Alex o.c called the tw*t out for asking it.nice one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #256: Dec 17, 2017 06:40:25 pm
      Listened to this on 5 Live - sounded like a very elegant display, commentators (Ali Bruce Ball and Terry Butcher) very complimentary of our display. Looking forward to MOTD - sounded like AOO was superb as well. Really starting to settle in nicely - adds serious depth to the squad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #257: Dec 17, 2017 06:41:34 pm
      good interview by Alex there.c**t interviewer asking  Phil a shitty transfer question and Alex o.c called the tw*t out for asking it.nice one.

What did he say?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #258: Dec 17, 2017 06:43:07 pm

Coutinho was struggling with his response. Ox stepped in saying he is one of the most professional players his seen, he does the best for the club week in week , I think its bit out of order for you asking him a question like that.

Something like that XD
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #259: Dec 17, 2017 06:46:42 pm
      As far as Ox coming in with Mane sitting out. It gave us a bit more control from the halfway line going forward. Just operating between the front 3 and Hendo & Gini, Ox did very well. With the Fab4  Coutinho drops off a touch to make up the numbers but today he didn't have to do that.

So that for me is an important point, in that OX doing his stuff just off the pace allows Coutinho to get that little bit higher and use his skill to hurt teams and he did that today.

Mane will face competition against Ox because he does link well and with Lallana coming back. Everyone clamouring for the Fab4 should be aware that it does leave us a bit light in midfield, I mean from the half way line going forward.

So Ox has found his niche in the squad.....support the attack- linking with Hendo/Ginni - allowing Coutinho play a bit higher.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #260: Dec 17, 2017 06:52:16 pm
      Wow, what a performance and what a result, just what we needed before the Arsenal game to give the boys a much needed confidence boost.

First things first, I was happy enough with the starting 11. In particular I thought it was a good decision to leave Mane out. Mane is one of our best players obviously but he has been sh*te the last couple of games, sitting this one out will probably do him a world of good.

From minute one we completely bossed them. Our players must have been relieved that they were up against a footballing side today and not aload of yard dogs who sit behind the ball and hoof it. I have a lot of respect for Bournemouth and Howe but we are just on a completely different level to them and there was only ever going to be one winner.

The football was a lot better today. We passed it forward more and we were much quicker too. We looked lethal on the counter, lightning at times. We looked so much quicker and sharper than Bournemouth so maybe all of this rotation is starting to pay off.

Mignolet - had next to nothing to do. Only real chance I can remember Bournemouth having was when Defoe was put clean through. Fortunately he hit the post.

Gomez - I'll have to watch the replays again but I'm pretty sure he was at fault for the Defoe chance. He was out of position to begin with and then he played him on side. That's going from my memory. We were lucky to get away with it but apart from that I don't rememeber him putting a foot wrong and he played well.

Klavan - another great game from rag. The past month or so he has gone about his business very quietly and he has been superb for us in my opinion.

Lovren - he also played very well and it was great to see him get on the score sheet with a very brave diving header.  It came shortly after the ref had gave a foul against him for winning the ball by the corner flag with a great slide tackle - bollocks decision from the ref and had Bournemouth scored from if dejan would have got slaughtered like he did in the Derby. Well played lad.

Robertson - much better today after a quiet game in midweek. Defended great and was always giving an option out wide.

Henderson - prepare yourselves. Are you all ready? Ok.....I actually thought he played very well today and he was a contender for motm. Straight away minute 1 he's looking forward with the ball. Within the first 5-10 mins he must have started three or four chances off for us and put Bournemouth on the back foot releasing our front three with good passes. He too defended well and covered a lot of ground today. Couldn't fault him. Excellent performance.

Wijnaldum - it was a typical Gini performance where he does a lot of work that goes unnoticed, even if it's just positioning himself so the opposition can't play through us.

Ox - he has come on leaps and bounds now. Full of confidence and it was another good performance from him. It looked to me like he was playing for a shirt next week against Arsenal. That tackle he did in the second half where he raced towards ibe, slides in and wins the ball, takes one or two on and then gets his shot off was just superb. He was unlucky with a couple of other chances too.

Coutinho - motm because of his world class quality. Breaks the deadlock with an amazing solo goal taking the piss out of half their team, hits the bar with a free kick, crosses the ball for firminos goal to make it 4-0.  He's just a magician I love watching him play football.

Salah - he is just a menace. Doesn't give the opposition a minutes peace. He's so quick, he can dribble and he can score. Brilliant again today.

Firmino - again, a typical bobby performance, tracked back and won the ball for us constantly, great bit of play to keep the all in for lovrens header and he even got on the score sheet with a great header of his own.

It was a fantastic win today and it was one of those games where everybody played well. It was a brilliant team performance.

Well done reds, excellent win.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #261: Dec 17, 2017 06:55:48 pm
      Good performance today, few good goals scored and puts to bed that horror show from last season.

Personally would go for either Firmino or Coutinho as motm,  plus great to see Salah still scoring.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #262: Dec 17, 2017 06:55:56 pm
      Coutinho was struggling with his response. Ox stepped in saying he is one of the most professional players his seen, he does the best for the club week in week , I think its bit out of order for you asking him a question like that.

Something like that XD

What a great thing to have done. Good on him.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #263: Dec 17, 2017 06:56:24 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #264: Dec 17, 2017 06:57:01 pm
      Been thinking previously, Ox done plenty of work, but didn’t seem to have any direction. Bit like he was at Arse really, all right sort of player, but with little impact.
      Wasn’t overjoyed when we bought him, but by all accounts, today he found his place in the side with a vengeance.
      Glad to see it and long may it continue.
      Especially next game. Show Arsene what he missed in the player.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #265: Dec 17, 2017 07:21:32 pm

Typical snide from Sly...and well in OX...manager in the making....spoke like a captain there didn't he..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #266: Dec 17, 2017 07:21:40 pm

Well done Ox for that. Brilliant response on the spot.
      Who the F**k was the journo ?
      Sky employed no doubt.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #267: Dec 17, 2017 07:25:03 pm
      One of my favorite games of the season, really impressed, a professional performance with a few really top goals. Glad for the result and that everyone on here can sigh with a bit of relief over the Chrimbo period.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #268: Dec 17, 2017 07:25:53 pm
      Been thinking previously, Ox done plenty of work, but didn’t seem to have any direction. Bit like he was at Arse really, all right sort of player, but with little impact.
      Wasn’t overjoyed when we bought him, but by all accounts, today he found his place in the side with a vengeance.

As I pointed out to the site, he is the connection between Hendo/Gini and the top 3. And it worked well today....and he gives that added bonus of letting Coutinho play that little bit higher and without having to sit a bit deeper to make up the numbers in midfield...and that really is a big advantage of having Ox in there.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #269: Dec 17, 2017 07:29:23 pm

I wanted Ox here for years. On the wing always shocked me with his pace and directness. He may or may not suit this team, obviously I hope he's a good addition to the squad quality. Seems to be in a different role here, he was used like a super sub the last couple of years for Arsenal.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #270: Dec 17, 2017 07:34:42 pm
      Thoroughly enjoyed that although it's crazy that I didn't relax until we scored the 4th frickin goal! Irresistible going forwards and the simply couldn't live with our forward play. I gave motm to Coutinho, he was brilliant, it'll be a sad day as and when we lose him. TBH I think everyone's in the team played well. The two full backs did well with Gomez growing by the game and Robbo looking more comfortable. The lads in midfield did well and Ox obviously had his best game in a red shirt, was great to see him Really standout and he deserves to start on Friday night imo. Firmino was absolutely everywhere, it was a top performance and Salah was as excellent as ever. And to top this it off Lallana and Ings also got some minutes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #271: Dec 17, 2017 07:40:07 pm
      Henderson - prepare yourselves. Are you all ready? Ok.....I actually thought he played very well today and he was a contender for motm. Straight away minute 1 he's looking forward with the ball. Within the first 5-10 mins he must have started three or four chances off for us and put Bournemouth on the back foot releasing our front three with good passes. He too defended well and covered a lot of ground today. Couldn't fault him. Excellent performance.

Someone call Satan and say he's left the freezer open! ;)

What a performance from the entire team! Everyone was superb. Personally I thought Robertson turned in one of the best left back performances I've seen for Liverpool in years. Henderson was amazing at turning over possession, as I said in the thread he wins the ball back constantly by picking the pieces from the second ball e.g. Gini pressures from a tackle and Henderson takes advantage of any heavy touches made due to Gini's pressure. Bobby turning in another top performance, he really does make the other players around him look better too. And well... As for Phil and Mo, just world class, both of them.

Also was lovely to see Adam and Danny back on the field and well in to Dejan for getting a goal, he's not had an easy run but played very well today!

Well in redmen!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #272: Dec 17, 2017 07:43:22 pm
      Also nice to see us exorcising the demons of that horrific result at Bournemouth from last year. Absolutely thrashing them 4-0 is the way to go about it.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2017 07:50:58 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      RedWilly

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #273: Dec 17, 2017 07:53:02 pm
      Battered them. Great result that, onwards and upwards!

Also, what’s with Ibe having ‘Jordon’ on the back of his shirt, you’re not brazilian :D
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #274: Dec 17, 2017 07:55:03 pm
      May be with playing the Fab4 we lose a bit of control in midfield. I mean against poor sides we can roll them over but in the prem we do need that extra bit of control.

Does Ox give us a bit more control and must we sacrifice Mane for that control. And is Coutinho a much better out and out attacker than Mane. With Robbo playing and Ox letting Cou play a bit higher, we can be more effective. Ox has the energy and pace to play that important role.

Again we have to adjust our thinking with Ox. May be we were looking for something that Klopp knew he didn't really have.  If Ox had that little bit better ball control he would be a top top attacking midfield player.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #275: Dec 17, 2017 07:56:02 pm
      Also nice to see us exorcising the demons of that horrific result at Bournemouth from last year. Absolutely thrashing them 4-0 is the way to go about it.

Exactly, puts them firmly back in their place. Job done.

A point on Henderson. I am one of his biggest critics and have been disappointed in most of his play since the ‘nearly’ season. However tonight tonight he was excellent, played a proper 9/10. He did not give Bournemouth an ounce of space and when he did win it (countless of times) he looked direct and moved forward.

Who knows, maybe he’s dived on to social media when dropped for the last game and read the comments about him because he was full of positivity today (instead of the usual passive play).

Fair play to him, hopefully we see the same on Friday!

Quick Reply