Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bournemouth?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.1%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (12.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      31 (32%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (6.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (30.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.2%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Dec 21, 2017 06:26:32 pm

AFC Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18864 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Dec 18, 2017 03:38:05 am
      The only downside to this is I made a play for 1-4. When we had 4 and took the foot off a little, I was looking for us to concede a late consolation goal (does this make me a bad person?). In the last 120 seconds, I think it was Klavan hit a pass back to Mignolet and I think I may have yelled at my TV set "Fall down Simon!!!!"

I was still very happy with the result, mind.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #300: Dec 18, 2017 04:09:14 am
      Martin Tyler in for a barrage of criticism...again.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fans-criticise-martin-tylers-14049977

To be honest I'm amazed this eejit is still commentating on the game. Well past his sell by date and his commentaries have the charm and charisma of a wet fart. P**ck.

Had sound down as usual
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #301: Dec 18, 2017 06:59:25 am
      You’ll enjoy it Billy - one of our more balanced performances.

Thanks for that Al,I see your lad Andy Robertson had a good game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #302: Dec 18, 2017 07:37:25 am
      Thanks for that Al,I see your lad Andy Robertson had a good game.

Yep he was very good Billy.

He’ll be an asset in Red - he’s a fine footballer and a really good kid from what I’ve heard.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #303: Dec 18, 2017 08:11:06 am

He’ll be an asset in Red - he’s a fine footballer and a really good kid from what I’ve heard.

Needs to bulk up a bit, so lean for a football player these days.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #304: Dec 18, 2017 08:42:33 am
      The only downside to this is I made a play for 1-4. When we had 4 and took the foot off a little, I was looking for us to concede a late consolation goal (does this make me a bad person?). In the last 120 seconds, I think it was Klavan hit a pass back to Mignolet and I think I may have yelled at my TV set "Fall down Simon!!!!"

I was still very happy with the result, mind.  ;D

I had £50 on coutinho first goal and for us to win 3-0.

So when Bobby scored I was in a sulk and wanted solanke to come on for him  :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #305: Dec 18, 2017 11:12:54 am
      Brilliant response, after two home draws. Still a great chance of a top four place, on this sort of form.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #306: Dec 18, 2017 11:43:08 am
      I can't single out any players performed poorly. In all fairness, Hendo did very well in this game with more front passes that I can
      remember.  Ox continues to improve and he will only get better while the man of the match for me goes to Robertson, running and tackling non-stop and I won't be surprised that he will score a few vital goals here and there.

Wijnaldum did not do much except the side an back passes. he needs to be careful, when Keita comes round I think he will be difficult to get back to the team. The most hardworking among the lot is the buzzing Firminho with his non-stop running and created havoc in the opposition box. Salah and Cou also contributed much to the games.

Bring on Arsenal. their defence may strugle against the metallic four.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #307: Dec 18, 2017 12:05:38 pm

Send him round to mine for crimbo, bulking up won't be an issue then
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #308: Dec 18, 2017 12:26:52 pm

As much as I admire Moreno for his turnaround in form I feel more confident having Andy on the left with some peach crosses thrown in too.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #309: Dec 18, 2017 12:59:42 pm
      As much as I admire Moreno for his turnaround in form I feel more confident having Andy on the left with some peach crosses thrown in too.

Same mate. Exactly.

For me it’s the footballing brain that separates them more than anything.

In these days of athleticism above all else I still love to see players with a natural footballing brain.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #310: Dec 18, 2017 01:51:19 pm
      Obviously a day has passed and a proper look can be taken.

Most pleasing was the performance from Alex. Knocked by many on his arrival. I was one of those and It's still a bit to early to go overboard but the signs are good. He played in a advanced attacking midfield role and allowed Coutinho to play high and not as one of the Fab4 drift deeper.

Used his pace and energy to good effect and made a telling contribution, still that concern about his first touch and ball control but having him playing just off the front 3 compliments and adds serious weight to our attacking instincts.

Credible performance by the much knocked Hendo and having Alex in helped keep things on an even keel in the second half. Hendo kept us at it in the second half making sure there was no comeback.

In isolation it was good, but it was what we know we can do. It's home against tightly packed defenses that pose different problems, ones we have not solved yet. But all in all excellent play and good confidence boost for the much harder test against the cunning old fox Wenger.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #311: Dec 18, 2017 02:05:05 pm

No disrespect but he doesn't need bulking up. THat's the last thing he needs. Besides, they look at the nutrition etc of every player and make sure their weight is right.

I mean Mig could do with a few pies 'n' pints down his neck, but he might not get any pies as Fatso over at Goodison has scoffed the bleedin' lot..
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #312: Dec 18, 2017 02:23:52 pm
      Martin Tyler in for a barrage of criticism...again.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fans-criticise-martin-tylers-14049977

To be honest I'm amazed this eejit is still commentating on the game. Well past his sell by date and his commentaries have the charm and charisma of a wet fart. P**ck.

Probably get panned but I think Tyler is a closet LFC fan. He's been at Sky a long time and yes he doesn't go over board when we thump somebody. But even if he isn't I think he is a good professional commentator. Everybody says he's biased against their team and that's the sign of a good commentator.

Yes I believe Sky hate LFC but they do give plenty of Ex LFC players plenty of air time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #313: Dec 18, 2017 02:26:15 pm

You really believe rhat LondonRed? I think he's fine as he is - I can't see Klopp doing that when he's asked a few of our players to lose muscle mass.

Dleighted to hear the good vibes towards Robbo. Not going to be the finished product for a while so he can still expect tough matches here and there but I agree with Shabs - I feel more confident with Robertson than Moreno. As good a turnaround in form Moreno has put in this season (although not nearly as impressed as some others) I think Robbo will prove to be a far more intelligent, defensively reliable and less prone to rash bouts of stupidity like Moreno. Moreno's tendency to f**k up in big games is also completely unacceptable.

And as Scotia says - comes off as a lovely humble yet hardworking man.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2017 02:33:04 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #314: Dec 18, 2017 03:24:46 pm
      You really believe rhat LondonRed? I think he's fine as he is - I can't see Klopp doing that when he's asked a few of our players to lose muscle mass.

Yes mate, looks very lightweight to me, but maybe I’m just used to seeing beefcakes on the pitch these days (even little Mo looks bulky and strong)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #315: Dec 18, 2017 08:47:54 pm
      Obviously a day has passed and a proper look can be taken.

Most pleasing was the performance from Alex. Knocked by many on his arrival. I was one of those and It's still a bit to early to go overboard but the signs are good. He played in a advanced attacking midfield role and allowed Coutinho to play high and not as one of the Fab4 drift deeper.

Used his pace and energy to good effect and made a telling contribution, still that concern about his first touch and ball control but having him playing just off the front 3 compliments and adds serious weight to our attacking instincts.

Credible performance by the much knocked Hendo and having Alex in helped keep things on an even keel in the second half. Hendo kept us at it in the second half making sure there was no comeback.

In isolation it was good, but it was what we know we can do. It's home against tightly packed defenses that pose different problems, ones we have not solved yet. But all in all excellent play and good confidence boost for the much harder test against the cunning old fox Wenger.

Decent points there "H" and I agree what you say about Chamberlain.
      I've just watched that post match interview with Coutinho and I thought he stepped in good style and protected him.
      Captain in the making there me thinks..
      I just hope he gets picked again on Friday and carries that performance onwards and upwards.
      I'd love him to bag the winner.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #316: Dec 18, 2017 09:05:57 pm
      Joey never needed to bulk up ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #317: Dec 18, 2017 09:12:48 pm

"Joey's gonna get ya, Joey's gonna get ya"
      Hard as nails yet skinny as a rake, and a pretty good LB as it happens !

YNWA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #318: Dec 18, 2017 09:29:06 pm

Indeed mate.

I’ve read it all now.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #319: Dec 18, 2017 09:56:46 pm
      Andy Robertson is a smarter and calmer player than Moreno. But Moreno brings this italian-stallion attitude that can be blessing and cursing. He also has a more dynamic style and better body type. I'd love to put Andy's brain into Alberto's head while leaving his hormones & body untouched -> world class would be coming.

I feel very good about Salah, also outside of football. He seems a very kind & humble person and even mentioned he played Liverpool in FIFA when he was younger. Even if it's probably an illussion it's relieveing to hear that once upon a time to forget about what really happens behind the Matrix.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #320: Dec 18, 2017 10:10:28 pm
      Andy Robertson is a smarter and calmer player than Moreno. But Moreno brings this italian-stallion attitude that can be blessing and cursing. He also has a more dynamic style and better body type. I'd love to put Andy's brain into Alberto's head while leaving his hormones & body untouched -> world class would be coming.

I feel very good about Salah, also outside of football. He seems a very kind & humble person and even mentioned he played Liverpool in FIFA when he was younger. Even if it's probably an illussion it's relieveing to hear that once upon a time to forget about what really happens behind the Matrix.

Italian stallion?

Better body type?

Have I hacked Kevin Spacey’s emails by accident?!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #321: Dec 18, 2017 10:17:31 pm
      "Joey's gonna get ya, Joey's gonna get ya"
      Hard as nails yet skinny as a rake, and a pretty good LB as it happens !

YNWA

He used to eat frogs legs as well, must've helped his diet  ;D St Etienne flavour if I remember rightly ;D
      Bollox to all this scientific nutrition diet sh*te !

Quick Reply