Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.3%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      8 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (12%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (63%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2017 09:47:51 pm

Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32626 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Dec 23, 2017 12:44:57 am
      Aye, it's funny how his detractors have disappeared and we no longer have pages and pages screaming we need a "proper" striker.

He'll do for me.
      Top player.

As one of his 'detractors' I still maintain we need a 'proper' striker, but only within a context of continual self improvement. Does Bobby make Salah and Mane better players? Undoubtedly. Does he score enough goals? Nowhere near. So our scouts should be scouring the goal looking for someone with the facilitating skills Firmino has and a strike rate somewhere closer to Salah's. Am I worried if we don't find him in the Summer? Not particularly, it's not a priority area. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #461: Dec 23, 2017 12:45:41 am
      It's not like 3 goals in 4.5 minutes is impossible in a Liverpool Arsenal game, just go and ask God.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #462: Dec 23, 2017 12:48:54 am
      I'm absolutely smashed. Only went out for one but because these dick heads keep putting me through this stress I've ended up drinking a keg.

Don't even know what happened. Can't remember what happened.

We were cruising 2-0 and in five minutes time we were 3-2 down? Could you get any more Liverpool than that?

First half we should have been 8-0 up and that's not an exaggeration either. Completely bossed them pussys off the pitch.

Coutinho scored a lovely goal to put us infront and salah scored a bit of a lucky goal to make it 2-0.

The five minutes that followed that was just utter chaos.

From memory Gomez is at fault for the first. How did he let Sanchez in ahead of him? That said, I can't remember the build up play because I'm smashed as F**k.

The second goal, how the F**k is Mignolet not saving that the F***ing spaz? Same old with him.

Third goal I don't even know what happened. Think we just got sliced open fairly.

Lucky as F**k equaliser to salavage a point when it should have been 3.

We will never win the league with this lot. Team of bottlers and that's the honest truth.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #463: Dec 23, 2017 12:55:05 am
      Can't wait for Gini or who ever else loses the toss comes out to proclaim they have learnt from this  :lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #464: Dec 23, 2017 01:07:54 am
      Seem to play better away from home at the moment, hopefully swansea will back that trend, new manager mayne an issue but teams are bottom for a reason
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #465: Dec 23, 2017 01:21:21 am
      To be honest would have been ok with a point prior to kick of. We had all 3 in site and let them slip makes it feel like a loss.

Too many times this season we have let teams back in to games by not being clinical or making too many errors.

Frustrating as F**k.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #466: Dec 23, 2017 01:41:01 am
      Alright, after rewatching some bits of the second half with a clear head (I was hiding behind a pillow for most of the second half I have to admit), some of my thoughts:

First off, that was a cracking game of football. Probably one of the highest paced I've seen. Yes, sloppy at times, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, bar 6 minutes of madness.

There's so much I want to say really.

I don't get people wanting to change formation / tactics when 0-2 up in this particular game. We controlled the majority of that first half and dominated possession for good parts of it. Why change something that was clearly working well in the first half? We looked perfectly fine up until the 53rd minute when we conceded the first goal due to (yet another) Gomez f**k up. After that goal we lost control of the middle and I called for Wijnaldum to come on for Coutinho / Mane. 90 seconds later Mignolet fucks up.

At 2-2, with over half an hour to go. What do you do? Try to hold Arsenal off for half an hour? There's no way we don't concede, even if we change shape / formation. Had Klopp done that, we likely wouldn't have scored the 3-3.

It's not a good idea to sit back against Arsenal. They're one of the best sides in the league in and around the opposition box. Did people not see what they did to the scum that second half? They completely battered them and had it not been for De Gea, they would've won that game. United are supposedly a lot more solid defensively than we are, yet they got torn apart. What do people think would have happened to us had we sat deep against them with Can and Milner in front of our defence? You play to your strenghts at that moment. You don't let a good footballing side exploit one of your weaknesses by trying to sit back.

Overall I think we had a good game, even though we conceded three (of which two were very preventable) goals, credit to both Lovren and Klavan who were solid.

Also: Firmino you f**king boss player. Incredible.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017 01:46:02 am by Danzel »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #467: Dec 23, 2017 01:48:21 am
      Alright, after rewatching some bits of the second half with a clear head (I was hiding behind a pillow for most of the second half I have to admit), some of my thoughts:

First off, that was a cracking game of football. Probably one of the highest paced I've seen. Yes, sloppy at times, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, bar 6 minutes of madness.

There's so much I want to say really.

I don't get people wanting to change formation / tactics when 0-2 up in this particular game. We controlled the majority of that first half and dominated possession for good parts of it. Why change something that was clearly working well in the first half? We looked perfectly fine up until the 53rd minute when we conceded the first goal due to (yet another) Gomez f**k up. After that goal we lost control of the middle and I called for Wijnaldum to come on for Coutinho / Mane. 90 seconds later Mignolet fucks up.

At 2-2, with over half an hour to go. What do you do? Try to hold Arsenal off for half an hour? There's no way we don't concede, even if we change shape / formation. Had Klopp done that, we likely wouldn't have scored the 3-3.

It's not a good idea to sit back against Arsenal. They're one of the best sides in the league in and around the opposition box. Did people not see what they did to the scum that second half? They completely battered them and had it not been for De Gea, they would've won that game. United are supposedly a lot more solid defensively than we are, yet they got torn apart. What do people think would have happened to us had we sat deep against them with Can and Milner in front of our defence? You play to your strenghts at that moment. You don't let a good footballing side exploit one of your weaknesses by trying to sit back.

Overall I think we had a good game, even though we conceded three (of which two were very preventable) goals, credit to both Lovren and Klavan who were solid.

Also: Firmino you f**king boss player. Incredible.

Agree with all of this.

Thought Klopps in game management was spot on at 3-2 he basically switched it to 4-2-4 and it payed of in getting the equalizer.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #468: Dec 23, 2017 02:08:15 am
      Seem to play better away from home at the moment, hopefully swansea will back that trend, new manager mayne an issue but teams are bottom for a reason

That's just recent memory talking. A point away to United, a point away to Chelsea, smashed away to Spurs, smashed away to City, in fact most of our draws and defeats this season have come away from home. We seem to beat most lesser sides home or away but we're struggling against higher quality opposition both domestically and in Europe.

Our big problem is when put under pressure, which usually only occurs against higher quality players, we seem to fall to pieces. Whether through managerial instruction, or player inadequacies, we don't seem able to slow the game  down and compose ourselves when under the cosh. No matter if its going down feigning injury, kicking the ball into the corner, or into the stands in their half, we should be giving ourselves time and space to breathe and reorganise.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #469: Dec 23, 2017 02:14:31 am
      Its scary what this team could achieve if it had a proper defence and a coach who could have seen that problem. Honestly I can't fault Coutinho if he wants to leave. These are his prime years and he should be winning trophies right now not hoping that next season will be better than this.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #470: Dec 23, 2017 02:35:42 am
      should have killed them.
      so many  chances wasted
      firmino was superb
      we will never achieve anything with that muppet in goal
      as ever, when the going gets tough, our midfield is nowhere to be seen.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #471: Dec 23, 2017 02:38:11 am
      Yeah again the midfield got overrun and the invisible ozil appeared for 5 minutes to get the opta monkeys wanking over him again,  defence were exposed. Game should have been done by ht though

Emre I thought disappeared in terms of providing defensive cover. Sadio worked very hard on defense, but then he was too cavalier with the ball in our own end, more than once.

A lot of focus on Sadio missing that circus shot, but he also did well to get the ball to Mo's feet late in the 1st half and I think Mo totally missed it. There were a few missed chances to go with it, but what a treat our team is to watch when going forward. Breathtaking at times.

Jürgen has to be close to making Karius the first choice keeper now, starting Tuesday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #472: Dec 23, 2017 02:52:25 am
      Aye, it's funny how his detractors have disappeared and we no longer have pages and pages screaming we need a "proper" striker.

He'll do for me.
      Top player.

But he's only scored umm, how many goals is it as of tonight? Oh, just 14. Only 14 goals with half a league season, Champions League knockout and FA Cup to go. Sure he leads the press, links the attack and back end, creates a lot of chances with passing and creates more with running, but he's only scored 14 goals so far..... That's not proper, it's.....IMproper.

Sorry, trying my hand at impersonations. I don't have much material to work with here..... xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #473: Dec 23, 2017 07:35:50 am
      Just to remind everyone we did get a point. Still unbeaten in I don’t know how many games and if we beat Swansea it’ll look like a very good point.

The reaction to every draw we've had in this ten game run is ott
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017 10:43:32 am by Scottbot »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #474: Dec 23, 2017 07:39:18 am
      I saw a lot of positive but there was also very negative. We played well and had the courage to play football away from home. We need to be more clinical but scored three goals.

We just cannot turn off the engine or sleep.

I'm one of Mignolet fans but I'm getting frustrated as well. I would drop him now before any more issues are caused and give Karius his deserved chance, if both suck their chances, I would sell one of them and buy a good keeper!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #475: Dec 23, 2017 08:43:00 am
      I have been silent regarding Mig, but he has to go. Mig is the weakest point in our team and has been for a while now. Yes, Lovren makes mistakes but i still think that Mig has cost us more points. It has come to a point where we make Karius our nr1. if he doesnt make it, then get somebody else in.
      Not using it to bash the boss, but Mig has to go.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #476: Dec 23, 2017 08:45:18 am

He'll do for me.
      Top player.

It's probably because he's getting himself on the scoresheet now. Add goals to his impressive all round game and you end with one helluva player no doubt.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #477: Dec 23, 2017 08:47:58 am
      You know what, id go as far as to say that Lovren and klavan were having a good game before their goal. Even good defences concead a goal but everything fell apart when Mig made a mistake. everybody were panicking. Id probably get hate for this post but i still see Lovren having a future at our club. He panicks and thats his problem.
      Get a solid keeper, and a CB who leads lovren then he may become lovren that we thought we were buying.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #478: Dec 23, 2017 08:51:55 am
      A bit of Robertson bashing going on needs to take into account he got zero support from Salah tracking back.

Although Mane was a bit sh*te going forward he provided a lot of support for Gomez.

There again Salah staying up may have been a tactic.

Think salah has been told to stay up, every counter starts with a pass to him. so our teams know that he will be further up on the pitch.
      I was screaming last night and was disapointed and drunk.
      But it was draw away from home, against a good team. We havent lost in a while and we can be proud of our team and our boss. Even away from home, we play our heart out for a win.
      That is a Liverpool team i can be proud of. YNWA
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #479: Dec 23, 2017 08:57:16 am
      I don't understand people who say we got a draw and we would have taken that before kick off.

Whether thats true or not, with how the game went we should never have left there with a draw. It was a bad result.

If they battered us for 90 minutes and we snatched an equaliser at the death we would all be saying what a great result it was. But we turned up, completely bossed them, showed yet again we are far superior to them, we're cruising at 2-0 and somehow we draw the match - very nearly lost it.

The funny thing is, we all knew it would happen too. I was saying  to my mates in the boozer at half time (some of them bluenoses) that we will regret not taking those chances in the first half and no game is ever safe with Liverpool.

We go 2-0 up and my blueshite mates star saying it's game over. Even then I said nope...not yet.

Five minutes later were were 3-2 down and they're all pissing themselves. It's ridiculous.

How many times are we going to say 'we were boss but then had a mad five minutes and lost (or drew) the game'.

The opposition know that even when they are losing 2 or 3 nil to us then the game is far from over. What's worse, our players know it too. The mentality is all wrong and it's like we're cursed.

How many points have we dropped from winning positions? It's a shambles.

We are so very very close from being a top team, yet bizarrly, we are still a million miles away.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #480: Dec 23, 2017 09:00:36 am
      I don't understand people who say we got a draw and we would have taken that before kick off.

Whether thats true or not, with how the game went we should never have left there with a draw. It was a bad result.

If they battered us for 90 minutes and we snatched an equaliser at the death we would all be saying what a great result it was. But we turned up, completely bossed them, showed yet again we are far superior to them, we're cruising at 2-0 and somehow we draw the match - very nearly lost it.

The funny thing is, we all knew it would happen too. I was saying  to my mates in the boozer at half time (some of them bluenoses) that we will regret not taking those chances in the first half and no game is ever safe with Liverpool.

We go 2-0 up and my blueshite mates star saying it's game over. Even then I said nope...not yet.

Five minutes later were were 3-2 down and they're all pissing themselves. It's ridiculous.

How many times are we going to say 'we were boss but then had a mad five minutes and lost (or drew) the game'.

The opposition know that even when they are losing 2 or 3 nil to us then the game is far from over. What's worse, our players know it too. The mentality is all wrong and it's like we're cursed.

How many points have we dropped from winning positions? It's a shambles.

We are so very very close from being a top team, yet bizarrly, we are still a million miles away.
      Got to agree with your first point. Nobody will deny that a draw against Arsenal at the Emirates is a good result but the manner in which we drew makes it feel like lost points.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #481: Dec 23, 2017 09:07:16 am
      All those bashers against Simon should not forget that it was Klopp's "genius" idea to put Mig on the bench for CL, unsettling him even further. He gets what he planted.

And these modern balls. You've got to be his agent
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #482: Dec 23, 2017 09:16:33 am
      A lot to be said about bottle. We have F**k all of it. Ignore everything from last night bar the 10 minutes after they got the first goal. We shrivelled up and hid. Gutless and leaderless.

Quick Reply