Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32628 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Re: Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Dec 23, 2017 09:19:07 am
      The same problem we had last year is evident this year

Like it was said last night, the individuals can fool you when playing against an average attack but when under pressure they crack 

Itā€™s happened time and time again yet people keep making excuses, itā€™s sickening reading posts ā€œwe got to get better ā€œ wake the F**k up

If itā€™s the same problem we had for 2-3 years it isnā€™t getting fixed

We need better individual players in decisive moments who can keep calm and cool. For F**k sake remember when we used to defend like bosses against the old Chelsea teams ? Cool players did that

Klopp needs to get out or fix the problem. He has failed this season because he has not fixed the issues of last season. We should be doing so much better with the attacking talent at his disposable.

Had he replaced the two cb and keeper

Watford, Everton and arsenal

6 points right there we could do with, fckn joke and I am so tired of people here making excuses, so small minded
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #484: Dec 23, 2017 09:29:01 am
      Just watched game again

First Half- Arsenal were dire we should have been 4 up no ifs or buts. Salah x 2 , Mane follow up , Lovren missed a simple square ball, Firmino two chances not easy but would have expected one to go in

Second half

Get further in front then we just fold
      Gomez and Keeper gift wrap two goals and another goal which was well worked to be fair but 5 players each could have done better.

Managed to equalize through a mistake by Cezh and thought we might just nick it . Thought some players went missing second half and Mane just seems so lax and seems to have lost a bit of zip lately . Dont think anyone had a bad game as such just the indvidual errors which cost us badly
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #485: Dec 23, 2017 09:31:47 am
      Just watched game again

First Half- Arsenal were dire we should have been 4 up no ifs or buts. Salah x 2 , Mane follow up , Lovren missed a simple square ball, Firmino two chances not easy but would have expected one to go in

Second half

Get further in front then we just fold
      Gomez and Keeper gift wrap two goals and another goal which was well worked to be fair but 5 players each could have done better.

Managed to equalize through a mistake by Cezh and thought we might just nick it . Thought some players went missing second half and Mane just seems so lax and seems to have lost a bit of zip lately . Dont think anyone had a bad game as such just the indvidual errors which cost us badly

What the flying F**k

How can nobody have a bad game if there were individual errors like you said ?

What is this, mig was a disaster, our defence and midfield were also very poor

Yes it was for only like 10 minutes but, 10 minutes is the difference from having a good game or a bad game

We need 2-3 new defenders, two high class midfield players to control the game and a keeper

Maybe even a new manager if he cannot do the obvious
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #486: Dec 23, 2017 09:39:20 am
      A bit of Robertson bashing going on needs to take into account he got zero support from Salah tracking back.

Although Mane was a bit sh*te going forward he provided a lot of support for Gomez.

There again Salah staying up may have been a tactic.

Spot on mate. Everybody knows I rate the lad so Iā€™ve tried to stay out of it.

I thought he did very well in one on ones and recovered positions really well with no support. As for tucking in too much the hole defence was getting pulled over - his only option was to stay wide and leave a gap inside or drift over as well. He did the right thing.

I will happily criticise when he makes a mistake or could do better (he was too ā€œsafe vs Everton and WBA) but thereā€™s some reaching being done here.

He was not the fullback that cost us last night - that was Gomez who was poor for the 1st and 3rd. That said heā€™s still a smashing prospect and heā€™ll learn so no need to stone the kid either.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #487: Dec 23, 2017 09:52:02 am
      What the flying f**k

How can nobody have a bad game if there were individual errors like you said ?

What is this, mig was a disaster, our defence and midfield were also very poor

Yes it was for only like 10 minutes but, 10 minutes is the difference from having a good game or a bad game

We need 2-3 new defenders, two high class midfield players to control the game and a keeper

You obviously do not grasp what I am saying and that is no one was having a stinker for the whole game and ten minutes out of 90 cost us due to the indefensible errors by individuals . The Midfield was not poor and helped create many chances . I have not said anywhere that we dont need reinforcements but until they come I will comment on the ones currently here hope that clears it up for you
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #488: Dec 23, 2017 10:07:09 am
      Mixed feelings game we should have won. At least we did not lose, still dropped another 2 points.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #489: Dec 23, 2017 10:41:47 am

Maybe get yourself on a talk sport phone a bit later fella and change your ironic username whilst your at it. Sitting 4th at Christmas and In our first champions league knockout round in 9 years so yeah let's consider a new manager why don't we? I know our defensive frailties are enfuriating but I'm sticking wit JĆ¼rgen all the way, keeping the faith you might say.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017 10:46:58 am by Scottbot »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #490: Dec 23, 2017 10:55:50 am

Maybe get yourself on a talk sport phone a bit later fella and change your ironic username whilst your at it. Sitting 4th at Christmas and In our first champions league knockout round in 9 years so yeah let's consider a new manager why don't we? I know our defensive frailties are enfuriating but I'm sticking wit JĆ¼rgen all the way, keeping the faith you might say.

He does this regularly Scott.

Fan in name only.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #491: Dec 23, 2017 11:07:47 am
      You obviously do not grasp what I am saying and that is no one was having a stinker for the whole game and ten minutes out of 90 cost us due to the indefensible errors by individuals . The Midfield was not poor and helped create many chances . I have not said anywhere that we dont need reinforcements but until they come I will comment on the ones currently here hope that clears it up for you

I donā€™t think you are understanding what you are typing.

You said nobody had a bad game

Then went on to say individual errors cost us

What the F**k man...makes no sense. To make you understand, yes they did have a bad game! Why? Because individual errors cost is goals.

The midfield was garbage, no control what so ever, people that keep defending these players are the problem. There needs to be a ruthlessness

There is even a guy below accepting 4th, fkn hell, so small minded.

The manager is the one who did not buy replacements, he is much to blame

We will never be challenging for the league unless we replace the back 5, of klopp wonā€™t do it, then someone else needs too. A winner
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #492: Dec 23, 2017 11:10:03 am

Itā€™s fans like you that are holding the club back

Always making excuses for failures. People keep saying we have world beaters up top

Yet we are not fighting for the top?

Why? Because the manager is wenger Mark 2. Someone who refuses to do the obvious, heā€™s had the summer window and failed in fixing our issues

If you want to continue to accept failure, thatā€™s fine. I dont judge anyone, but yes it is infuriating when the managers errors in the transfer market has cost us

Again

And Donā€™t you dare celebrate getting to the knockout stages, this isnā€™t spurs

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #493: Dec 23, 2017 11:17:49 am

Always making excuses for failures. People keep saying we have world beaters up top

Why? Because the manager is wenger Mark 2. Someone who refuses to do the obvious, heā€™s had the summer window and failed in fixing our issues

If you want to continue to accept failure, thatā€™s fine. I dont judge anyone, but yes it is infuriating when the managers errors in the transfer market has cost us

Again

And Donā€™t you dare celebrate getting to the knockout stages, this isnā€™t spurs

Itā€™s ā€œfansā€ like you who are making the winter longer.

Pathetic.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #494: Dec 23, 2017 11:33:27 am
      Wouldn't wish injury on any of our players but we would be better off if Migs picked up an injury, hes completely F***ing useless!! Again, costing us.

Unbelievable. Pretty much 20 points behind City and it's only half way through the season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #495: Dec 23, 2017 11:38:34 am

just because your opinion is different doesn't justify having a pop at his username. He has a point, if Klopp doesn't drop his flopp of a goalkeeper he might himself get the chop...
      Managers have to make tough decisions. If he can't then it's the stakeholders will act, this is a fact.

Debate his opinion rather than attacking him personally because of his opinion would be more appropriate.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017 11:46:16 am by Ribapuru »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #496: Dec 23, 2017 12:13:12 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru

Debate his opinion rather than attacking him personally because of his opinion would be more appropriate.
      Arenā€™t you one to freaking talk?

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #497: Dec 23, 2017 12:13:55 pm
      Did Klopp ever employ a defensive midfielder at Dortmund. I know their defence was better than hours, but I find the lack of DM disturbing.

Keita is another box to box midfielder and won't solving the problems in that part of midfield.

Barcelona and Man City, two extremely attack minded sides. Even they both have defensive midfielders (Busquets and Fernandinho) so why does not Klopp value them? We sold Lucas and he was the only natural fit for that position.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #498: Dec 23, 2017 12:21:02 pm

Again

It's not the 80's anymore pal so why pretend it is? We've been in two (yep, just two) title challenges since we last won the bloody thing in 1990. I left school that year, I'm 43 now. You can judge this manager by the standards set in the 70's and 80's if you like but I'm a little more pragmatic and recognise that we need to qualify for the Champions League for a season or two before we push on for a title challenge. In case you hadn't noticed we have generally been finishing between 6th and 8th for the past decade. I choose to recognise that this manager has taken us to two cup finals, put us back in the Champions league, has us in the KO phase for the first time in 9 years and has us sitting in position to qualify again at this present moment. And with these owners in place Klopp is as good as it gets unless you want him gone and Sean Dyche or someone of that ilk in his place (because that's what we'd get). You continue with the 1st is everything 2nd is nowhere tirades if you want but your living in the distant past.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017 12:31:40 pm by Scottbot »
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #499: Dec 23, 2017 12:24:39 pm
      just because your opinion is different doesn't justify having a pop at his username. He has a point, if Klopp doesn't drop his flopp of a goalkeeper he might himself get the chop...
      Managers have to make tough decisions. If he can't then it's the stakeholders will act, this is a fact.

Don't be so bloody daft, getting personal is calling someone a stupid tw*t or similar and that's not something I've ever done in this forum. And I'm sure 'keep the faith' is holding up just fine and that the irony of his username is not lost on him and besides, there's nothing wrong with a bit of heated debate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #500: Dec 23, 2017 12:32:46 pm

Don't be so bloody daft, getting personal is calling someone a stupid T**t or similar and that's not something I've ever done in this forum. And I'm sure 'keep the faith' is holding up just fine and that the irony of his username is not lost on him and besides, there's nothing wrong with a bit of heated debate.
      Personally if I were JW and CO... I would give Klopp the chance to get a new GK in January. If we still are using Mignolet for anything other than FA Cup I'd tell Klopp to lose migs if he wants to continue at Liverpool, otherwise he'll get replaced in the summer. I would also make it known that I only would get involved if the incompetence is on the level of our goalkeeper situation. It's very sad when everyone can see what a terrible keeper Mignolet is and it's not only a few people questioning about Klopp now. Klopp brought this on himself.
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #501: Dec 23, 2017 12:38:41 pm
      ye feels a tad harsh. thing for me is he was absolutely nowhere near it.went down so so early. seems like he saves barely anything.

Thatā€™s the thing- watched this with s gooner and he couldnā€™t believe we have a keeper like mugs - he just would not get in any other premier league team
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,277 posts | 183 
      Reply #502: Dec 23, 2017 12:47:36 pm
      Personally if I were JW and CO... I would give Klopp the chance to get a new GK in January. If we still are using Mignolet for anything other than FA Cup I'd tell Klopp to lose migs if he wants to continue at Liverpool, otherwise he'll get replaced in the summer. I would also make it known that I only would get involved if the incompetence is on the level of our goalkeeper situation. It's very sad when everyone can see what a terrible keeper Mignolet is and it's not only a few people questioning about Klopp now. Klopp brought this on himself.

All very cut and dried.

What if there isn't a better replacement 'keeper available & Karius proves to have heels of clay?

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #503: Dec 23, 2017 12:48:24 pm
      how many points are we gonna needlessly drop?

its the same time and time again
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #504: Dec 23, 2017 12:48:24 pm
      What really pissed me of was show pony mane shaking his head when he was substituted- he can learn from firmino about team and not himself - going  off him big time
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #505: Dec 23, 2017 12:50:33 pm
      It's not the 80's anymore pal so why pretend it is? We've been in two (yep, just two) title challenges since we last won the bloody thing in 1990. I left school that year, I'm 43 now. You can judge this manager by the standards set in the 70's and 80's if you like but I'm a little more pragmatic and recognise that we need to qualify for the Champions League for a season or two before we push on for a title challenge. In case you hadn't noticed we have generally been finishing between 6th and 8th for the past decade. I choose to recognise that this manager has taken us to two cup finals, put us back in the Champions league, has us in the KO phase for the first time in 9 years and has us sitting in position to qualify again at this present moment. And with these owners in place Klopp is as good as it gets unless you want him gone and Sean Dyche or someone of that ilk in his place (because that's what we'd get). You continue with the 1st is everything 2nd is nowhere tirades if you want but your living in the distant past.

My man look at it this way

We are so god damn close, close to becoming a team that can win titles

The players that are taking us there were here before klopp came

He managed to unleash their potential and added a couple of more solid attacking players whilst getting rid of the average ones

All he needs to do is sort the defence and keeper out

He decides to give them a chance lasts year and it fails. Everyone can see it has failed

So what does he do ? Nothing, nothing at all and now the same players are costing us this season

What klopp has down is inexcusable, he chose to ignore a problem rather than fix it. Poor leadership and poor management is what it is

Just imagine what the team would be like with a solid keeper and two cb

We would be fckn challenging, yet we are drawing left right and centre because a keeper is too weak to hit a ball out or a defender is brain dead

Second year running the same problems

Itā€™s a joke. A F***ing  joke and I am so tired of people defending it

Quick Reply