Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.3%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      8 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (12%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (63%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2017 09:47:51 pm

Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32330 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Dec 23, 2017 01:01:05 pm
      You simply cant defend Klopp. Same mistakes time and time again to score 3 goals away from home and not walk away with 3 points inexcusable. Our better players will get fed up of winning nothing and will leave
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #507: Dec 23, 2017 01:20:54 pm
      I read that the Arse were still in shock after De Gea's performance pulling off 14 saves.

Compare that to the "through the legs" goal and the "flapping one hander" of Mignolet and its no joke.

Get the F**k rid of him FFS.

Another 2 points dropped ... there will be more before season end down to our goalkeeper.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #508: Dec 23, 2017 01:30:21 pm
      Personally if I were JW and CO... I would give Klopp the chance to get a new GK in January. If we still are using Mignolet for anything other than FA Cup I'd tell Klopp to lose migs if he wants to continue at Liverpool, otherwise he'll get replaced in the summer. I would also make it known that I only would get involved if the incompetence is on the level of our goalkeeper situation. It's very sad when everyone can see what a terrible keeper Mignolet is and it's not only a few people questioning about Klopp now. Klopp brought this on himself.

I suspect Karius will be between the sticks on Boxing Day. As for Klopp it's clear that he is very patient and likes to work with players to try to improve them rather than binning them off and bringing in replacements. I'd prefer him to be more ruthless but that's his way. I suspect we will see some more player turnover come the summer, maybe a bit next month. In the meantime were still doing pretty good. What's our current run? 10-11 unbeaten with 7-8 wins in there.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #509: Dec 23, 2017 01:46:06 pm
      Just watching the El Classico. Typical way a top top team close out a game with a 2 nil lead. Just kill the tempo. Simple game management and my darling LFC have no clue of that. Just sad seen us blow way too many leads that I’m more frustrated than when we weren’t playing well at all
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #510: Dec 23, 2017 02:21:59 pm
      It’s a bit of a catch 22 isn’t it? We get a lead that we should be able to protect, but instead of trying to protect it, we assume we won’t be able to so we keep attacking which in turn leaves us vulnerable to conceding. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy and I think it’s going to have to come down to Klopp either relying on his defense and calling the dogs back or buying defensive players that don’t need help.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #511: Dec 23, 2017 03:44:23 pm
      So what has changed since our 4-3 win here last season?
      The ox has swapped sides but not a lot else, the battle for fourth continues

Great entertainment for the neutral
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #512: Dec 23, 2017 04:15:00 pm
      So what has changed since our 4-3 win here last season?
      The ox has swapped sides but not a lot else, the battle for fourth continues

Great entertainment for the neutral

Nothing has changed and there in lies the problem.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #513: Dec 23, 2017 05:15:30 pm
      we assume we won’t be able to so we keep attacking which in turn leaves us vulnerable to conceding.

With a keeper intent on giving away goals.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #514: Dec 23, 2017 05:26:34 pm
      It’s a bit of a catch 22 isn’t it? We get a lead that we should be able to protect, but instead of trying to protect it, we assume we won’t be able to so we keep attacking which in turn leaves us vulnerable to conceding. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy and I think it’s going to have to come down to Klopp either relying on his defense and calling the dogs back or buying defensive players that don’t need help.

A malady that has affected LFC for approximately the same period  of time our present owners have been in situ.

The Catch 22 phenomenon was operative only while an abject, self-serving modus operandi was followed to the letter.
      The desired result of course is nothing changes.

The same phenomenon has been followed for 8 F***ing years with the the resident manager taking the flack for the faulted game plan, in place of course for the self-serving ambitions of the FSG financiers.
      They only have one master and their deinition of success will never include anything that's got F**k all to do with football trophies or a victorious LFC side.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #515: Dec 23, 2017 06:05:39 pm
      A malady that has affected LFC for approximately the same period  of time our present owners have been in situ.

The Catch 22 phenomenon was operative only while an abject, self-serving modus operandi was followed to the letter.
      The desired result of course is nothing changes.

The same phenomenon has been followed for 8 f**king years with the the resident manager taking the flack for the faulted game plan, in place of course for the self-serving ambitions of the FSG financiers.
      They only have one master and their deinition of success will never include anything that's got f**k all to do with football trophies or a victorious LFC side.
      Hold on a minute,
      So we’ve had eight years to fashion a side under FSG. We ship out Reina at the earliest opportunity, buy Mignolet as the top keeper of the moment. Also buy two others in Karius and Ward.  Continue to select Mignolet, even after continuous, horrendous school boy errors and lack lustre performances, and its FSG’s fault.
      😳 WTF ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #516: Dec 23, 2017 08:20:58 pm
      Hold on a minute,
      So we’ve had eight years to fashion a side under FSG. We ship out Reina at the earliest opportunity, buy Mignolet as the top keeper of the moment. Also buy two others in Karius and Ward.  Continue to select Mignolet, even after continuous, horrendous school boy errors and lack lustre performances, and its FSG’s fault.
      😳 WTF ?

Which manager do you want to blame for 8 years of under-achievement?

Mignolet is the current scapegoat as Klopp is doing a passable job, not even Christmas tho and we're out of the running!!

You continue chasing the straw dogs these frauds create to mask their lack of commitment .

P.S. why was Reins shipped out?
      A goalie who still plays at the highest levels but but did not accommodate  FSG's wage parameters at that time and still would not.

Who would you rather see between the sticks Pepe or the balloons you mention?
      False economies in perfection.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017 08:32:10 pm by stuey »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #517: Dec 23, 2017 10:32:15 pm
      Which manager do you want to blame for 8 years of under-achievement?

Mignolet is the current scapegoat as Klopp is doing a passable job, not even Christmas tho and we're out of the running!!

So was it FSG’s idea to sell Riena and buy Mignolet, or Brendan Rogers ?
      Do you actually know, 100% or are you speculating to back your dislike of them !

If you are 100% sure it was down to FSG, would you like to share your evidence with us .

You continue chasing the straw dogs these frauds create to mask their lack of commitment .

P.S. why was Reins shipped out?
      A goalie who still plays at the highest levels but but did not accommodate  FSG's wage parameters at that time and still would not.

Who would you rather see between the sticks Pepe or the balloons you mention?
      False economies in perfection.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #518: Dec 23, 2017 11:09:41 pm
      Just watching the El Classico. Typical way a top top team close out a game with a 2 nil lead. Just kill the tempo. Simple game management and my darling LFC have no clue of that. Just sad seen us blow way too many leads that I’m more frustrated than when we weren’t playing well at all

Exactly right mate. On the LFC TV they have the match day reaction show after the game and it was said that one of our Senior players most likely James Milner, at 1-2 or even 0-2 , should have grabbed the lads together and said, let's kill this game, slow it down, fake an injury if need be after conceding that first one, don't let them get any more momentum, frustrate them and take the crowd out of the equation. But nothing of the sort happened. They just continued to go gung ho and F**k it up. We needed a calm head in that situation and we didn't have one. Betchya Stevie or Jamie would have said something if they were still playing.  We have no proper leaders at our Club.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #519: Dec 23, 2017 11:42:06 pm
      Let's pray Swansea don't appoint a new manager before our game, we struggle against teams with new managers!

They are due a thrashing after that loss last season.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #520: Dec 24, 2017 02:24:02 am
      Exactly right mate. On the LFC TV they have the match day reaction show after the game and it was said that one of our Senior players most likely James Milner, at 1-2 or even 0-2 , should have grabbed the lads together and said, let's kill this game, slow it down, fake an injury if need be after conceding that first one, don't let them get any more momentum, frustrate them and take the crowd out of the equation. But nothing of the sort happened. They just continued to go gung ho and f**k it up. We needed a calm head in that situation and we didn't have one. Betchya Stevie or Jamie would have said something if they were still playing.  We have no proper leaders at our Club.

Is it a leadership issue though, or a managerial issue? For all the world it appears that Klopp doesn't want this kind of play to happen in a game, he wants us to kill the game by out scoring the opposition. Since he's been here he hasn't bought a the type of player we need to achieve that. You look at James Milner and he's been around a bit, he's head and shoulders the most experienced player at the club so knows full well how to kill a game if need be, but he doesn't. That has to be because of instruction from the bench because in every other club he's played for, he was capable of doing it.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #521: Dec 24, 2017 09:10:43 am
      Is it a leadership issue though, or a managerial issue? For all the world it appears that Klopp doesn't want this kind of play to happen in a game, he wants us to kill the game by out scoring the opposition. Since he's been here he hasn't bought a the type of player we need to achieve that. You look at James Milner and he's been around a bit, he's head and shoulders the most experienced player at the club so knows full well how to kill a game if need be, but he doesn't. That has to be because of instruction from the bench because in every other club he's played for, he was capable of doing it.

That is a very good point you make there. Going forward we are fantastic up there with Citeh, but I am really beginning to think that he either doesn't know how to close a game down, which is surprising given when he played he was more of a defender, or he hasn't got the right players at the back which is now down to him and his transfer policy.
      Or he just doesn't care, and you score 2 and we will score 3 kind of attitude, really struggling for a definitive answer on this.   :mad:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #522: Dec 24, 2017 10:38:24 am
      Arsenal's second goal, I think it was the 2nd, came precisely from us playing a midfield ball backwards instead of us going forward.

The very idea that we should start 'shutting up shop' after getting a two goal lead, considering our defence and keeper, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

We're probably better sticking with the way we play and getting in a better keeper, centre-half and centre-mid and seeing if that switches the balance of draws into wins.

United and Chelsea's more disappointing draws than ours this weekend have put ours into some perspective.  I'd take 4 points against all of the teams near the top every season.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #523: Dec 24, 2017 10:47:22 am
      Still on Arsenal's second goal. We need a keeper with sound goalkeeping fundamentals who can execute consistently.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #524: Dec 24, 2017 11:03:43 am
      Arsenal's second goal, I think it was the 2nd, came precisely from us playing a midfield ball backwards instead of us going forward.

The very idea that we should start 'shutting up shop' after getting a two goal lead, considering our defence and keeper, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

We're probably better sticking with the way we play and getting in a better keeper, centre-half and centre-mid and seeing if that switches the balance of draws into wins.

United and Chelsea's more disappointing draws than ours this weekend have put ours into some perspective.  I'd take 4 points against all of the teams near the top every season.

Spot on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #525: Dec 24, 2017 12:03:26 pm

Could you clarify the comment?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #526: Dec 24, 2017 12:14:22 pm
      Just to remind everyone we did get a point. Still unbeaten in I don’t know how many games and if we beat Swansea it’ll look like a very good point.

The reaction to every draw we've had in this ten game run is ott

It’s never a good point if you have a 2 0 lead. Before the game, yes maybe, but you have to judge it in its context. Once again we fu**ed up from a winning position and in the most ridiculous circumstance.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #527: Dec 24, 2017 01:59:02 pm
      Could you clarify the comment?

Didn’t realise I’d done that 🤪
      But while I’m here, does anyone happen to have inside information as to why Pepe was shipped out ?
      I can only think Rogers was trying to emulate Rafa when he shipped out Jerzy following Istanbull, for Pepe.
      Who he clearly felt was s better all round keeper for the long term.
      Can’t think it was just down to FSG and Pepe’s wage structure.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #528: Dec 24, 2017 02:10:11 pm

Madrid were down to ten men and were a couple tap ins away from tying that one even from 0-2 down.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

not even Christmas tho and we're out of the running!!

To be fair, that statement currently applies to 18 other teams around us.

Quick Reply