Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      12 (11.4%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (2.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      3 (2.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      51 (48.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      30 (28.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2017 07:25:18 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16568 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,257 posts | 1390 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Dec 26, 2017 08:26:03 pm
      Coutinho MOM head and shoulders above anyone makes it look like a 5 a side way he puts people out going to be a big loss when he goes . Did the Job do the Job on Saturday now

Messi is in essence a 5 a side player. He only comes alive in the last 40 or so yards of the pitch. Coutinho will be more or less the same if or when he goes to Barca.

In Spain it's like a game of attack 'n' defense for Barca..especially against the lower teams. They will see Coutinho as a 5/6 year top class last third of the pitch creative attacker, not quite as good as Messi but the type who will carry on their dominance.

They have the PSG money so they will pay our price. I will wish Coutinho well..he owes us nothing. Very difficult to replace but we will have to face up to it.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #300: Dec 26, 2017 09:04:31 pm
      It was good to see Adam becoming more playing time. He should be able to go 90min soon. Now I hope Moreno and Clyne come back soon, Hendo shouldn't be a big problem.
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #301: Dec 26, 2017 09:18:17 pm
      Another great display, 1 to 11 all played well, such a dominant performance against a very poor Swansea side, Couts was incredible at times, and Bobby is on fire, so pleased, I feel more confident with Ox in the side over Hendo, offers so much more from centre mid, and Robbo feels me with more confidence defensively than the hapless geezer, he is solid enough and a good outlet going forward.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #302: Dec 26, 2017 09:46:31 pm
      Everyone performed well. I see more teamwork in this game than the last. Bobby is devastating inside the box running non-stop, a typical Liverpool player of the 70s and 80s. Happy Ox continue to improve and he will and scored a goal. I saw a lot of determination from everyone and very good team work. TAA scoring a goal can only improve his confidence. Only downside is Solanke needs to be more clinical and start to score soon. He must make full use of the opportunity given to him, otherwise; I'm afraid he's heading Origi's direction. 

Let's stay focus and chalk up as many points as possible and keep the pressure on MU.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #303: Dec 26, 2017 10:31:34 pm
      It's strange, I only saw the first half and we were sh*t! 😂 Talk about a game of two halfs!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #304: Dec 26, 2017 11:06:39 pm
      Great result after a so so first half.
      Terrific outcome and a welcome 3 points.
      Will watch motm to see if there’s enough there for me to pick a motm.
      Another potential banana skin overcome.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #305: Dec 26, 2017 11:08:18 pm
      Coutinho MOTM for me, Brilliant again. Barca 200 million pounds or F**k off you cu*ts!!

Bobby amazing and his goal celebrations even better.

Gutted Mo didn't get on the score sheet.

Finally, how good is it seeing Lallana back running around in our midfield like a bloody bizzy bee? He's like a new signing
      (well that's how FSG will look at it). Hope he stays fit for the rest of the Season and beyond.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #306: Dec 26, 2017 11:08:48 pm
      Cracking result. We lacked some tempo in the first half but the moment the 2nd goal went in it was never In Doubt. Coutinho comfortably the best player on the park. Don't sell this lad next month no matter what anyone offers. Great to see young TAA get first goal, Lallana looked nimble when he came on which is a big bonus, I thought Robertson had another good game and Firmino was excellent again. Was a bonus to be able to rest Salah and Booby for the last 15-20 mins and hopefully we'll benefit from a day's extra rest that Leicester for the next game.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,608 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #307: Dec 26, 2017 11:09:05 pm
      Would love to see how we do with a run of Gini-Can-AOC for a few games, with Coutinho-Firmino-Salah up top.

Thought there was a good balance there. (I know, I know. It's only Swansea)

Alex in the midfield 3 allows Coutinho to move into areas he does a lot of damage in.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #308: Dec 26, 2017 11:22:33 pm
      Would love to see how we do with a run of Gini-Can-AOC for a few games, with Coutinho-Firmino-Salah up top.

Thought there was a good balance there. (I know, I know. It's only Swansea)

Alex in the midfield 3 allows Coutinho to move into areas he does a lot of damage in.
      I think there could be some tiring legs out there and Mane hasn't had a lot of game time. I wasn't overly impressed with gini for large parts of today, especially in the first half. For me I'd rest Coutinho and Gini for Mane and Lallana next game. We need to slowly phase Coutinho out our first 11 so it's not a huge hit if he's gone.  Mane Firmino Salah first choice foward 3 for me. Coutinho is a genius with the ball, but, but it's likely Keita will be replacing him.
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2017 11:29:18 pm by Ribapuru »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,608 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #309: Dec 26, 2017 11:26:28 pm
      I think there could be some tiring legs out there and Mane hasn't had a lot of game time. I wasn't overly impressed with gini for large parts of today, especially in the first half. For me I'd rest Coutinho and Gini for Mane and Lallana next game.

Mane looks like he's been carrying some kind of niggling strain for most of this season.
      No surprise to see him constantly rotated. We don't want a repeat of last season,
      when it all fell apart in January.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #310: Dec 27, 2017 12:20:28 am
      I think there could be some tiring legs out there and Mane hasn't had a lot of game time. I wasn't overly impressed with gini for large parts of today, especially in the first half. For me I'd rest Coutinho and Gini for Mane and Lallana next game. We need to slowly phase Coutinho out our first 11 so it's not a huge hit if he's gone.  Mane Firmino Salah first choice foward 3 for me. Coutinho is a genius with the ball, but, but it's likely Keita will be replacing him.

why not play our best player when we still have him? slowly phase out? you are a brilliant troll. you always post nonsense to get a reaction and you usually never overdo it. gotta praise your commitment for trolling. you dont give up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #311: Dec 27, 2017 12:26:14 am
      That young lad up front for Swansea reminded me a bit of erik meijer and even the legendary sean dundee
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #312: Dec 27, 2017 12:27:29 am
      Another great display, 1 to 11 all played well, such a dominant performance against a very poor Swansea side, Couts was incredible at times, and Bobby is on fire, so pleased, I feel more confident with Ox in the side over Hendo, offers so much more from centre mid, and Robbo feels me with more confidence defensively than the hapless geezer, he is solid enough and a good outlet going forward.

1 to 11 ? Ah those were the days my friend
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #313: Dec 27, 2017 01:58:42 am
      Another very good display especially the second half.  At 3-0 and having been in such good goalscoring form, it was great to see the unselfishness of Mo to set up Bobby for his second.

Thought everyone played ok, although it took a few of them a while to get going. Swansea look down, they were fairly ordinary, and were there own worst enemy at times, but we still had to take our chances.

Good to see Robbo and Ox looking like they are beginning to fit in, and have both improved our squad depth.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #314: Dec 27, 2017 02:43:20 am
      Coutinho MOTM for me, Brilliant again. Barca 200 million pounds or f**k off you Cu*ts!!

Bobby amazing and his goal celebrations even better.

Gutted Mo didn't get on the score sheet.

Finally, how good is it seeing Lallana back running around in our midfield like a bloody bizzy bee? He's like a new signing
      (well that's how FSG will look at it). Hope he stays fit for the rest of the Season and beyond.

1 to 11 ? Ah those were the days my friend

It should be like that every day,good on yer REDS,well done.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #315: Dec 27, 2017 05:45:33 am
      Our front 3, Ox, Robertson and Alexander were very good.

I saw some comments bashing Can; yes he was not phenomenal today but he did the job and showed commitment and was commanding.

Can > Hendo everyday.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #316: Dec 27, 2017 05:50:27 am
      Our front 3, Ox, Robertson and Alexander were very good.

I saw some comments bashing Can; yes he was not phenomenal today but he did the job and showed commitment and was commanding.

Can > Hendo everyday.

Emre does baffle me at times, times he looks outstanding but other times he plays like he has just got out of bed
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #317: Dec 27, 2017 06:40:04 am
      What a performance, we were a little complacent in the first half but we were under control.

MOTM I chose Coutinho but Firmino and Trent could both be themselves and even a little AOC.

Klopp rested some players mid-game and that will help for Saturday.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #318: Dec 27, 2017 09:10:41 am
      Not good enough in the first half if we are all honest, we should have been  3 up at least, it felt like we couldn't get out of third gear and our wheels spinning in the mud,
      Second half was more like it, better tempo and fluidity, really impressed with the Ox he's coming through very nicely and i like his self criticism too, that tells me we have a player who Wants to win every second he's on pitch, love his honesty,
      Bobby, well, F**k a duck, WHAT a player he is for us, his consistency is incredible, his work rate, his vision, he creates, he scores, a total team player and first name on the teamsheet every week, a motm performance yet again,
      Coutinho tho was absolutely outstanding, can't fault the lads commitment each time he plays like that i stick another £20m on his valuation, he's as pivotal to us as Messi is to Barca, so if they think they can get him for less than £150m they can go F**k themselves, brilliant from the wee fella ,

Chuffed to F**k for Trent played really well and has given Jürgen a headscratcing decision for next game, thought he was excellent  rounded off with that superb goal,  Klavan again impressive as to was Robertson , in the end a satisfactory performance and another confidence booster, foxes up next traditionally our bogey side so lets F**k them up properly.

Great result lads, keep going, and get in Jürgen.

BOSS THA !

YNWA
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #319: Dec 27, 2017 12:42:13 pm
      A good performance, it was almost like a training match.

Swansea are sure to go down - the fact that we took 5+ goal difference from a team like this encourages me. We have made fixtures like this hard for ourselves in the past.

Up the reds. Let's keep the pace on Abramovich's boys, and keep Spurs at bay.

Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #320: Dec 27, 2017 03:43:59 pm
      Firmino was execellent as usual, I thought klavan was class - couts is incredible, but TAA wins mom for me
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #321: Dec 27, 2017 04:44:30 pm

Sure.

Both a long way off the standard that position demands, though.

Quick Reply