Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      12 (11.4%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (2.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      3 (2.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      51 (48.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      30 (28.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2017 07:25:18 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16562 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Dec 27, 2017 05:05:47 pm
      I agree. I think Can just qualifies in terms of what is acceptable quality at Liverpool. I hope he won't go because players like this can be hard to replace.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #323: Dec 27, 2017 06:16:52 pm
      Firmino was execellent as usual, I thought klavan was class - couts is incredible, but TAA wins mom for me

You’re giving Trent your mother?!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #324: Dec 27, 2017 07:53:51 pm
      Great result, lots of goals, but felt very flat especially in the first half. Second half the goals flew in the goal difference could be very important come the end of the season.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #325: Dec 27, 2017 10:33:44 pm
      First half was poor to be honest. Once we scored the goal early on we took our foot off the gas and it was as if we thought the game was done. Swansea had quite a few spells in possession and knocked the ball around well but they haven't got a goal scorer so they were no threat. Still though, a sloppy performance from us.

Second half was completely different and Jürgen obviously fired a rocket up their arses at half time. The performance was exceptional and 5-0 flattered them in the end in truth. It could have been 8 easy.

I thought wijnaldum came to life in the second half after a poor first 45 mins. He moves and keeps the ball better than Henderson or can but he just lacks consistency. He has the talent to be a top player but he needs to do it every week and not just once every three games or so. That's the difference between a top player and just an alright one.

Trent also improved too. He was a bit sloppy when the game started but he grew into it really well and in the second half he was immense. What a goal and a celebration too.

Shout out to Klavan who has been a rock for us the last 5 or 6 games. He's not the best defender in the world and he will only ever be a backup option for us, but he has gone about his job quietly the last month or two and has done very well.

It was another good team display and the only player who had a bit of a sh*t game was Can.

I think the team looks more balanced without Mane at the moment too. AOC is in great form and he impressed once more.

Isn't it great that we can have sadio Mane on our bench and still smash teams? Our squad is coming together very nicely now.

We really aren't that far away. We've signed one of the few remaining pieces of the jigsaw tonight. Couple more and we will be real contenders.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #326: Dec 28, 2017 05:35:05 pm
      About time we gave someone a twatting at home.

Quick Reply