Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 89946 times
      Benito and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1426: Yesterday at 02:04:11 pm
      Not sure folks would've been happy with Nkunku either. Lad is a permanent patient :D
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #1427: Yesterday at 03:35:39 pm
      Not sure folks would've been happy with Nkunku either. Lad is a permanent patient :D

Nkunku is great but would've been another Keita. Injured more than he is available.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #1428: Yesterday at 03:36:36 pm

Not fan of our journos slandering him. I think he's getting sold in the summer since Edwards doesn't rate him.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1429: Yesterday at 04:48:12 pm
      Physically speaking it's all there. Pace, strenght, agility, etc. Mentally speaking, off the ball, its also all there. Mentally speaking, with the ball, quite nothing is there or, if you prefer, most of the time, there's nothing. And it gets worse as the pressure piles up.

His control gets abysmal, not cold enough to assess what's happening around him in terms of where are the defenders and the goalkeeper are. Not cold enough to choose the appropriate finish and all of what finishing in a certain manner implies and even less cold enough to apply the appropriate finish.

I'm not a football manager, but I'm not gonna lie to you, my hopes get lower with him with each game. And it includes the games he scored in because some of his most outrageous sequences of play came in those games.

He might end up being one of those "if only he had xyz attribute" type of player where the potential for greatness is undeniablly there, but the key enabling footballing attributes arent.

Quite exactly my thoughts. I think cold-bloodedness is not a trainable trait, and all great strikers have it. We need a natural finisher as our main center forward, no questions asked.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 722 
      Reply #1430: Yesterday at 07:34:50 pm
      Nunez is not the problems. Our defense has been sh*t. Can't keep a clean sheet.

Nunez and Salah are both our top scorers and top assisters. Can we score more? Sure! But at a certain people people are becoming comically unrealistic expecting every shot to go in.

We haven't had a clean sheet in 8 games
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1431: Yesterday at 07:38:47 pm
      Nunez is not the problems. Our defense has been sh*t. Can't keep a clean sheet.

Nunez and Salah are both our top scorers and top assisters. Can we score more? Sure! But at a certain people people are becoming comically unrealistic expecting every shot to go in.

We haven't had a clean sheet in 8 games

Correct, you can add a Shity midfield to that as well
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 722 
      Reply #1432: Yesterday at 08:29:06 pm
      Correct, you can add a Shity midfield to that as well

lets say..."unbalanced" ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #1433: Yesterday at 08:42:04 pm
      Nkunku is great but would've been another Keita. Injured more than he is available.

Every time I've seen him play for Chelsea he's been crap

Not fan of our journos slandering him. I think he's getting sold in the summer since Edwards doesn't rate him.

What sauce is that :laugh:

Quick Reply