Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Virgil van Dijk Player Thread (D)

Read 231102 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,254 posts | 2800 
      Re: Virgil van Dijk Player Thread
      Reply #1265: Oct 18, 2020 06:03:46 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1317872839488319488

Worst case scenario as many of us feared.

Looking awfully light at centre back now.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,745 posts | 460 
      Reply #1266: Oct 18, 2020 06:08:43 pm
      They are being hush on what the surgery is repairing, that’s ok, that’s his right to privacy, praying for a successful surgery and recovery. He will come back stronger, because he’s a beast
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #1267: Oct 18, 2020 06:09:12 pm
      Hard to see us winning anything this season now we were leaking goals heavily even with VVD.

Top 4 and the later stages of the CL I'll be happy.

Sign a top CB, CF and back up keeper next Summer and we'll mount a fresh challenge for the league and CL titles.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,547 posts | 3906 
      Reply #1268: Oct 18, 2020 06:09:35 pm
      What a F***ing nightmare, I don’t mind players getting injured through general play but can’t take it when it’s been inflicted by an absolute c**t who went out of his way to injure him!!

So upset.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1269: Oct 18, 2020 06:11:12 pm
      Hard to see us winning anything this season now we were leaking goals heavily even with VVD.

Top 4 and the later stages of the CL I'll be happy.

Sign a top CB, CF and back up keeper next Summer and we'll mount a fresh challenge for the league and CL titles.

2nd worse in the league since the June restart I think. If they don't sort it winning nothing is inevitable. All the best to vvd . Disgrace of a 'tackle'
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,254 posts | 2800 
      Reply #1270: Oct 18, 2020 06:13:33 pm
      ACL in normal play is one thing but f**king hell, when it's come from a horror tackle from a fellow player - that's a real tough one to take. The fact that Pickford is England's number one means he's avoided any real criticism really - imagine if it was someone like Mane who'd made a tackle like that.

I'm sure a lot of people will say 'we'll be ok, we can still challenge' but realistically this has to call for an evaluation of expectations for the season ahead. Top four and a run in the two cups would be ok now.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,745 posts | 460 
      Reply #1271: Oct 18, 2020 06:15:52 pm
      So, just for the record, I’m not a doctor, but when my daughter, was on the receiving end of a sh*t house tackle playing soccer here in the states, she tore her ACL. There was no meniscus damage. She had to wait two weeks before surgery, to let the swelling go down, where the doctor made her do rehab. if VVd is having surgery right away, I am “thinking “ may not be a ACL tear??

Again, I’m not a doctor
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,094 posts | 83 
      Reply #1272: Oct 18, 2020 06:16:18 pm
      Any time frame? It could be "just" 6 months which means he could be back next year March and since a CB doesn't need 100% range of movability (like midfielders or strikers) he could be back effectively.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,972 posts | 237 
      Reply #1273: Oct 18, 2020 06:20:09 pm
      So, just for the record, I’m not a doctor, but when my daughter, was on the receiving end of a sh*t house tackle playing soccer here in the states, she tore her ACL. There was no meniscus damage. She had to wait two weeks before surgery, to let the swelling go down, where the doctor made her do rehab. if VVd is having surgery right away, I am “thinking “ may not be a ACL tear??

Again, I’m not a doctor

Pearce confirmed that he has done his ACL.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,745 posts | 460 
      Reply #1274: Oct 18, 2020 06:20:44 pm
      Pearce confirmed that he has done his ACL.

sh*t! Complete tear? Or sprain

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,094 posts | 83 
      Reply #1275: Oct 18, 2020 06:22:12 pm
      I'm sure a lot of people will say 'we'll be ok, we can still challenge' but realistically this has to call for an evaluation of expectations for the season ahead. Top four and a run in the two cups would be ok now.

VVD is not Messi. So far we sucked with him as well defensively. We got to the CL final '18 with Karius and Lovren! IMHO Klopp will need to get back to his "pedal to the metal"-style: unleash our offense and pray we score 7, they score 4.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,972 posts | 237 
      Reply #1276: Oct 18, 2020 06:22:52 pm

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-van-dijk-injury-latest-update/JTWHl8p8pjZY

Maddock says its grade 3. Ligament seems to be torn in half. Surgery scheduled for next week.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,400 posts | 1451 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1277: Oct 18, 2020 06:33:28 pm
      https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-van-dijk-injury-latest-update/JTWHl8p8pjZY

Maddock says its grade 3. Ligament seems to be torn in half. Surgery scheduled for next week.
      Worst tear possible apparently... the amount of hate I have for Pickford right now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1278: Oct 18, 2020 06:34:57 pm

Surprised he was able to walk off then, in any case I reckon he'll be back quicker than many expect, but hopefully Joel and Joe stay fit until January but then we have to get another CB, are there any decent free agents we can sign?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1279: Oct 18, 2020 06:35:59 pm

Fs news just keeps getting worse and worse.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1280: Oct 18, 2020 06:38:22 pm
      For f's sake, as expected it's an ACL. There's no quick recovery from that. It'll be months.
      rossyred

• 9,231 posts | 1650 
      Reply #1281: Oct 18, 2020 06:43:24 pm
      6 months I reckon
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1282: Oct 18, 2020 06:44:10 pm

Again, I’m not a doctor

That happened to a friend too, not sure why but he had to wait a few weeks to undergo surgery.

Still, don't think he'll be back in less than 6 months.
      Redangel

• 8,215 posts | 1000 
      Reply #1283: Oct 18, 2020 06:53:33 pm
      Everton fans have plummeted new depths with some of their comments, they really are too bitter and twisted. Karma is a wonderful thing and hopefully it’s winging it’s way to Goodison as I type. Ancelotti should reflect on being the manager of a Club like that, he’s surely better than that.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 270 
      Reply #1284: Oct 18, 2020 06:57:22 pm
      I've always seen Everton as a non entity tbh for the last 30yrs anyway , whether living in St Helens and not the city doesn't expose you to the same banter/bragging rights I'm not sure but United have always been my hated team the big rivals now it's City.. But after yesterday I F***ing hate Everton now and wish them nothing but sh*te. Small time sh*t houses with deluded fans it'll blow up in their faces.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1285: Oct 18, 2020 07:16:20 pm
      Fabinho to partner Matip ?

Im gutted for Dijk and i despise Everton and that goblin looking tw*t Pickford
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,745 posts | 460 
      Reply #1286: Oct 18, 2020 07:27:17 pm
      My daughter was out for 6 months, no contact, after 6 month, light training, no contact, then come 9 months, clear for full contact. She wore a knee brace for 3 months, she hated it. Physical therapy 2-3 times a week, she never missed it. With that being said, think we will see VVd back on field in 6 months. Full time rehabilitation staff at LFC, he will be fine.

With that being said, Chamberlains injury was a lot worse I believe.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,547 posts | 3906 
      Reply #1287: Oct 18, 2020 07:29:40 pm
      Fabinho - wrap him in cotton wool!

Quick Reply