Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Virgil van Dijk Player Thread (D)

Read 233596 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Re: Virgil van Dijk Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Oct 18, 2020 07:29:46 pm
      That happened to a friend too, not sure why but he had to wait a few weeks to undergo surgery.

Still, don't think he'll be back in less than 6 months.

I believe it’s to let the swelling go down so they can operate effectively, they need to insert a camera to reattach the ACL, and I believe that is hard to do with swelling.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1289: Oct 18, 2020 07:30:54 pm
      All the best to him in his recovery.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1290: Oct 18, 2020 07:49:03 pm
      My daughter was out for 6 months, no contact, after 6 month, light training, no contact, then come 9 months, clear for full contact. She wore a knee brace for 3 months, she hated it. Physical therapy 2-3 times a week, she never missed it. With that being said, think we will see VVd back on field in 6 months. Full time rehabilitation staff at LFC, he will be fine.

With that being said, Chamberlains injury was a lot worse I believe.

With respect, what happened to your daughter has nothing to do with VVD and the two can’t be compared.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #1291: Oct 18, 2020 07:56:49 pm
      With respect, what happened to your daughter has nothing to do with VVD and the two can’t be compared.

Yeah, I know, both sh*t house tackles, so just trying to post what I know about it. Still devastating when it happens to your child.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #1292: Oct 18, 2020 08:00:53 pm
      Have to plan the whole season and assume no VVD - heartbreaking
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1293: Oct 18, 2020 08:16:35 pm
      Don’t know why, but the way he walked off, I’m thinking it’s not as bad as everyone fears.
      Not seen anyone with a torn ACL walk off the pitch, with not even a grimace on his face ! And hardly a limp !
      Fingers crossed, I’m waiting for the good news.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1294: Oct 18, 2020 08:32:53 pm
      See the cu*ts are posting on twitter YOULL NEVER WALK AGAIN......UTTER cu*ts
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1295: Oct 18, 2020 08:37:07 pm
      Yeah, I know, both sh*t house tackles, so just trying to post what I know about it. Still devastating when it happens to your child.

I know mate I was trying to say they can’t be compared because of age, gender, type of treatment etc. People’s bodies just work differently. This, sadly, could literally be the end of Van dijks career. Or, if he’s lucky enough to return then he might not be the same player.

I hope your daughter made a full recovery by the way.

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #1296: Oct 18, 2020 08:42:43 pm
      I know mate I was trying to say they can’t be compared because of age, gender, type of treatment etc. People’s bodies just work differently. This, sadly, could literally be the end of Van dijks career. Or, if he’s lucky enough to return then he might not be the same player.

I hope your daughter made a full recovery by the way.

No offense taken, I know what you meant, VVD is a world
      Class athlete, which makes me think he will have a quicker recovery, especially with the full time LFC rehab staff.

Yes, daughter is back playing, no set backs, thank god

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #1297: Oct 18, 2020 08:44:25 pm
      Here's the positives:

1. VVD walked off the pitch on his own. No guy with real serious ACL I have seen could do that. It could be a good sign.
      2. VVD is a CB, not a midfielder. Ox's injury was worse because as a midfielder he needs 100% of his movability, VVD does not.
      3. We can now see if Joe is our man for the future. Remember two seasons ago when he looked like a real deal?
      4. Thiago is looking good.

I still think this team can and has to win one of the two major trophies (PL, CL). No time yet to "adjust" our goals. We have enough firepower and depth.
      Don't complain, compete!
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2020 08:53:13 pm by 0112358 »
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #1298: Oct 18, 2020 08:44:56 pm
      See the cu*ts are posting on twitter YOULL NEVER WALK AGAIN......UTTER cu*ts

I honestly didn’t except anything less from some of them. Not all of them are like that.

Can’t be mad at them, they are EFC fans, not much history there.

Kopite78
      Reply #1299: Oct 18, 2020 08:48:31 pm
      Get well soon Virg

We're gonna miss you big man, the impact you have had on this club is nothing short of magnificent
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,757 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1300: Oct 18, 2020 11:14:52 pm
      Anyone know where that c**t Pickford lives?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,757 posts | 6722 
      Reply #1301: Oct 18, 2020 11:46:01 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1302: Oct 18, 2020 11:48:52 pm
      Getting surgery, not likely to be back this season.

2020 continues to blow.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,757 posts | 6722 
      Reply #1303: Oct 18, 2020 11:53:50 pm

Astonishing Numbers! Get well soon Virgil.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #1304: Oct 19, 2020 12:25:52 am

Astonishing Numbers! Get well soon Virgil.

What an incredible player he is for us.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,757 posts | 6722 
      Reply #1305: Oct 19, 2020 12:45:38 am
      What an incredible player he is for us.

Absolutely mate, now let's get him in a hyper barrack chamber and get him back in 3 months!

They could also go the Lars treatment have in back in no time but think maybe his body needs the full recovery process, as he's played every minute of every PL game for us, for as long as I can remember.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1306: Oct 19, 2020 07:11:10 am
      Didn't take long did it for all the f***in neg heads crawl out from under their f***in shitholes, Yes it's a blow losing Virgil but ffs it's not the end of the f***in world and it's not the end of our season either,  some of you are f***in pathetic,

'We ain't gonna win F**k all now' , we'll be lucky to see latter stages of CL, etc etc, Ffs, pisses me to F**k off, its as if we've never had any injuries before,  here's some news for ya....we have....and guess what....we survived,

Of course we won't be the same without him, what team would be, but we have enough quality to cope without him until January,  it is early in the season 4 games in, so there is time, it will depend on the severity of damage done as to how long his recovery,

Look, if there is any good news it's having  the operation immediately,  usually swelling has to subside first, so perhaps it's not as bad as first feared but obviously bad enough, 

We seen how well Fabinho played at cb recently he could be a able partner to Joe or Joel , not ideal but good enough to get us to January,  its inevitable we will concede more but that doesn't mean we lose points as well,  we just need to score more and we are better equipped than most to do that,

We're not the first club to lose a major cog in the wheel, won't be the last either, it's how you cope with that loss that matters, to some of you it's all doom & f***in gloom, even the pundits,  Carra for example virtually writing us off, him of all ppl,  he should know more than most how this club deals with adversity,  we as a club have more bouncebackability then anyone else,  and we will prove so again, it is devastating losing the big fella,  but you can't tell me those who have played alongside him haven't picked up some of his traits,  this will be a real test of their metal, a challenge to find out if they can carry us forward until the transfer window opens in January and I think they can, they'll be mistakes of course but even Virgil wasn't immune to them.

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1307: Oct 19, 2020 09:28:27 am
      Huge blow and even more sickening that the injury was caused by that cretin who has form for this.

Pickford is an absolute moron and should have been banned for that challenge.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #1308: Oct 19, 2020 09:29:23 am
      That tradition on the kop where the opposition goalie gets a clap is getting ignored when there’s crowds back in the ground and that little tramp is in goal for the mongrels yes? Dogs abuse from minute one? Sound👍🏻

Virgil will be as gutted as any of us, what a marvellous player and a marvellous man! Milner and even Thiago will have to step up now in the dressing room to help lead the team in their own way, Virgil’s personality is a huge loss! Klopp will rally the troops but it is now an absolute must that Matip stays fit!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #1309: Oct 19, 2020 10:38:22 am
      Had hoped he would avoid the worst as I thought his foot wasn't completely planted and believed he managed to lift his leg up just a fraction before impact.

Sadly not.

Huge miss for the reds but ultimately although he is two massive boots to fill, he is just 2 of 22 boots in the team.

The major concern is certainly that both Joe Gomez and Joel Matip are not known for going 38 games without missing any.  I think a lot of us highlighted that we should have strengthened in that area in the summer but that's done now.  Little point replaying it.

Wish him all the best in his recovery and hope he doesn't rush it because these injuries shouldn't be rushed back from.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1310: Oct 19, 2020 11:03:28 am
      I'm really sad. When I saw him walking out, I said, he may be lucky but we're not.

I know we have so much negativity at the moment, but we lost our advantage in our title race.

Quick Reply