Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Virgil van Dijk Player Thread (D)

Read 228242 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Virgil van Dijk Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Feb 19, 2021 02:43:50 pm
      Not abuse, its just banter isn't it ;-)

Explain the six seasons thing to me then, I always like to learn new things.

Your emojis are not of the best but if you say it's banter its banter. You've just been a little tempermental these last two weeks and what with telling me along with your mate to basically F**k off the Liverpool forum it's easy to think otherwise.  :D Anyway we move on from that.  :)

The six seasons thing  (( which I think most people understood my banter  )) is in England we have a common saying that you can get the 4 seasons in one day. IE.. Summer, Winter, Autumn & Spring in 24 hours.

So me saying you have six seasons was merely pointing out you can change your opinion 6 times in 24 hours.  :D  With you not being from England I can understand why you wouldn't get the joke being fair.

Does that now make sense to you?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1496: Feb 19, 2021 03:12:15 pm
      Your emojis are not of the best but if you say it's banter its banter. You've just been a little tempermental these last two weeks and what with telling me along with your mate to basically f**k off the Liverpool forum it's easy to think otherwise.  :D Anyway we move on from that.  :)

The six seasons thing  (( which I think most people understood my banter  )) is in England we have a common saying that you can get the 4 seasons in one day. IE.. Summer, Winter, Autumn & Spring in 24 hours.

So me saying you have six seasons was merely pointing out you can change your opinion 6 times in 24 hours.  :D  With you not being from England I can understand why you wouldn't get the joke being fair.

Does that now make sense to you?

Oh so it was just a very laboured joke from you, I do actually understand British humour quite well, thanks. I'm familiar with the phrase 4 seasons in one day but have never heard of six seasons in one day, but now that I understand it was just made up by you, its all clear, well sort of!!

BTW if that's your idea of a joke, yikes!!!!

A quick explanation to emoji's, before they went all graphical you had to use symbols, for example ;-) is a wink/sarcasm emoji, :-) is a laugh emoji, :-( is a sad emoji etc. It's really not that hard to figure out is it??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1497: Feb 19, 2021 03:23:20 pm
      Oh so it was just a very laboured joke from you, I do actually understand British humour quite well, thanks. I'm familiar with the phrase 4 seasons in one day but have never heard of six seasons in one day, but now that I understand it was just made up by you, its all clear, well sort of!!

BTW if that's your idea of a joke, yikes!!!!

A quick explanation to emoji's, before they went all graphical you had to use symbols, for example ;-) is a wink/sarcasm emoji, :-) is a laugh emoji, :-( is a sad emoji etc. It's really not that hard to figure out is it??

Yeah laboured sounds fair, and correct just made up.  ;D Wasn't a joke but more banter. I can't tell jokes anyway.  :lmao:

Your emoji don't come up as a cartoon picture/image, just dots and lines. However, we won't quibble about that.  :D

On topic.. Do you think VVD will play again this season?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1498: Feb 22, 2021 09:18:52 am
      Yeah laboured sounds fair, and correct just made up.  ;D Wasn't a joke but more banter. I can't tell jokes anyway.  :lmao:

Your emoji don't come up as a cartoon picture/image, just dots and lines. However, we won't quibble about that.  :D

If you are throwing that question out there, my answer is no. And I hope he doesn't, as well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1499: Feb 22, 2021 09:56:13 am
      If you are throwing that question out there, my answer is no. And I hope he doesn't, as well.

Can't work out why he hasn't answered it Rob, maybe selective hearing.  ;D
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1500: Feb 24, 2021 07:05:00 pm
      Did u see VVD training solo with ball at Kirkby? I said 4 weeks and you laughed at me. I repeat: 4 weeks - end of March - and VVD could be back.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1501: Feb 24, 2021 07:10:26 pm
      Did u see VVD training solo with ball at Kirkby? I said 4 weeks and you laughed at me. I repeat: 4 weeks - end of March - and VVD could be back.

And I'm still laughing at you.

No hope
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1502: Feb 24, 2021 07:11:53 pm

It's a big leap from light ball work to game ready, though. Don't see how that happens in basically 4-5 weeks.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1503: Feb 24, 2021 07:42:20 pm

It's not happening but you do have sense of humour  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1504: Feb 24, 2021 07:44:13 pm

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Still it's great to see him kicking a ball again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1505: Feb 24, 2021 07:48:35 pm
      He won’t be back until next season and I wouldn’t rather that than rush him back
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1506: Feb 24, 2021 08:42:57 pm

Yes I think he'll be back for a few minutes right at the end of the season, need him and Hendo to do a Terry when we collect #7 :-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1507: Feb 24, 2021 08:50:14 pm
      Yes I think he'll be back for a few minutes right at the end of the season, need him and Hendo to do a Terry when we collect #7 :-)

Thank you, can't see No7 happening this season though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1508: Feb 24, 2021 08:53:35 pm
      Thank you, can't see No7 happening this season though.

It would take a miracle but we won it in 2005 with a worse team than we have now.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1509: Feb 24, 2021 09:22:06 pm
      It would take a miracle but we won it in 2005 with a worse team than we have now.

Once we have Jota back and can rotate more i think we will be in much better shape and no reason we cannot properly contend for the CL. I think Bayern and City with their newfound defensive solidity (hey, it only took 200M!) are favorites, but i would never write us off against them.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1510: Feb 25, 2021 11:23:55 am
      He won’t be back until next season and I wouldn’t rather that than rush him back
      Yeah I wouldn’t want him rushed back either ,would rather he just spent  the time continuing his rehab.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1511: Feb 25, 2021 11:26:34 am
      My worry is he goes to the euros.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1512: Feb 25, 2021 11:40:21 am
      Completely trust Jürgen's judgement on Virgil's return.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1513: Feb 25, 2021 01:04:35 pm

That may not be a bad thing, get him some minutes on the pitch ready for next season.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1514: Feb 25, 2021 04:22:57 pm
      That may not be a bad thing, get him some minutes on the pitch ready for next season.

No chance we want him there
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1515: Feb 25, 2021 09:00:00 pm

Why?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1516: Feb 26, 2021 01:32:47 am
      Once we have Jota back and can rotate more i think we will be in much better shape and no reason we cannot properly contend for the CL. I think Bayern and City with their newfound defensive solidity (hey, it only took 200M!) are favorites, but i would never write us off against them.

Let's hope they meet and knock one of themselves out in the next round. Then PSG can play the other one and knock them out and we have a nice easy passage through! Yeah right, like that's ever gonna happen. Would be nice though!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1517: Feb 26, 2021 04:24:24 pm
      No chance. With Hendo gone and a patched defense we won't go nowhere. This is just a rotten season, but we can't b*tch about it because beating Barca 4-0 did empty our can of luck for years. Let's just hope for 2021/2022.

p.s. Of course we should try hard in this year's CL, you never know.

Quick Reply