Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Virgil van Dijk Player Thread (D)

Read 228218 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Virgil van Dijk Player Thread
      Reply #1610: Dec 20, 2021 06:14:44 pm
      Can’t see it taking that long for confirmation mate, the general public get pcr resilts in 24hrs so I’m sure the football won’t have to wait longer

Three days for a PCR test.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1611: Dec 20, 2021 06:20:34 pm

Got mine back in 24 hrs
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1612: Dec 20, 2021 06:35:40 pm

Yep, it doesn’t take 3 days unless labs are overwhelmed. I’d think EPL teams take priority and wouldn’t have to wait that long.

Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1613: Dec 20, 2021 06:39:32 pm

Yeah me too
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1614: Dec 20, 2021 06:57:40 pm

Definitely some that slip through the net and take longer though. A bloke that works for me took 5 days to get his result back. I remember it perfectly because it annoyed the hell out of me and I was beginning to wonder if he was just trying to blag a bit of time off work…came back negative too which made it a bit more frustrating…not that I wanted it to be positive obviously, just mean that if you wait that long for the result it almost feels like it should have been positive.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1615: Dec 20, 2021 07:12:11 pm
      Definitely some that slip through the net and take longer though. A bloke that works for me took 5 days to get his result back. I remember it perfectly because it annoyed the hell out of me and I was beginning to wonder if he was just trying to blag a bit of time off work…came back negative too which made it a bit more frustrating…not that I wanted it to be positive obviously, just mean that if you wait that long for the result it almost feels like it should have been positive.
      Yes I might have got lucky but quicker the better I suppose know where you stand
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1616: Dec 21, 2021 01:54:44 am
      I always thought it was 5 days after symptoms pass (if symptomatic) or 10 days after a positive test (if no symptoms) but not sure. Also, I'm sure if they tested negative a couple of times they would likely be cleared. I could definitely be wrong though.

Had covid in September and was told that I could not have PCR test for 90 days unless I was having systems again.

So if a player was positive and comes back to work are they not going to take Pcr tests for 90 days from what i was informed in the those 90 days pcr can still come back positive and what happens when playing in CL were you have to provide a negative pcr to travel
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1617: Dec 21, 2021 02:12:44 am
      Had covid in September and was told that I could not have PCR test for 90 days unless I was having systems again.

Not sure why you were told that. At my kids school, after a positive test they could come back after 2 more negative tests. They just had to wait 5 days before taking the 2 tests.

Same for my son that's in college.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1618: Dec 21, 2021 02:20:44 am
      My home test came back negative after covid, it’s the pcr tests that I could not take for 90 days. Your kids extra 2 test was it pcr or the home tests?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1619: Dec 21, 2021 02:42:28 am
      Found this
      Not testing within 90 days of a positive COVID-19 test will avoid unnecessary isolation. It is possible for PCR tests to remain positive for some time after COVID-19 infection as the test can pick up inactive viral fragments (which are not infectious).

This means that anyone eligible for routine non-symptom rapid testing (LFT) should not participate in this testing until 90 days after a positive PCR Covid test.
      After 90 days have passed you should restart routine rapid testing.
      If you have completed 10 days of isolation and develop any new COVID-19 symptoms, you must self-isolate immediately and book a Covid test.

If you do get tested within 90 days and the result of this test is positive, you and your household must self-isolate (unless exempt) and follow the Stay at home guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1620: Dec 21, 2021 05:19:24 am
      Not sure why you were told that. At my kids school, after a positive test they could come back after 2 more negative tests. They just had to wait 5 days before taking the 2 tests.

Same for my son that's in college.

He is right that is the guidance from the government as I have had to do that and have been refused entry to some care homes as they would not LFT me even though I did my own and was negative 10 days after leaving isolation which is odd.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1621: Dec 21, 2021 12:16:08 pm
      So if we have 5-6 players that have had covid how they going to play in the champions league if they can not do a pcr to travel abroad

Or is it one rule for Joe blogs and one for the elite
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1622: Dec 21, 2021 12:19:56 pm
      So if we have 5-6 players that have had covid how they going to play in the champions league if they can not do a pcr to travel abroad

Iris it one rule for Joe blogs and one for the elite

I’m sure there is a way around this, you can’t have had it 2 months ago and then not be able to travel for your work

Let’s not get paranoid about everything
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1623: Dec 22, 2021 02:56:02 pm
      Yep, it doesn’t take 3 days unless labs are overwhelmed. I’d think EPL teams take priority and wouldn’t have to wait that long.

Or you wanna blag a few days off work. Most of the people I've worked with who've had to take the PCR test have deffo dragged it out for the three days!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1624: Dec 22, 2021 03:16:05 pm
      Or you wanna blag a few days off work. Most of the people I've worked with who've had to take the PCR test have deffo dragged it out for the three days!!

True! Haha
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1625: Dec 24, 2021 03:26:18 pm
      He's back boys!!!! Merry Christmas
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1626: Dec 27, 2021 11:11:05 am
      hope he is nice and Fresh after his winter break.  To be fair he came back from a long lay off looking like he never missed a days training or a single game he is such a natural athlete and footballer
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1627: Jan 01, 2022 11:21:49 pm
      [https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/jan/01/romelu-lukaku-virgil-van-dijk-chelsea-liverpool]

Interesting article on how rare a signing (in terms of impact) Virgil has been.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1628: Jan 03, 2022 03:49:44 am
      Starting to worry me a little Virgil of late I know he’s come back from a horrific injury which looks to have permanently impacted his mobility around the back line. However the other crucial elements to his game like the anticipation, positioning, and reading of the game have wained a little. These are all mental and psychological  in my opinion he needs to regain these asap if we’re a chance at any trophy.  We fielded 120m in centre backs 3 times this season and weren’t able to hold a winning position in any of them.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #1629: Jan 03, 2022 04:36:45 am
      Injury has changed him. Could see from the moment he came back. He's no longer the Virg we signed and that's through no fault of his own. Poor guy.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1630: Jan 03, 2022 05:28:23 am
      Injury has changed him. Could see from the moment he came back. He's no longer the Virg we signed and that's through no fault of his own. Poor guy.

For sure. Definitely lost a step. Also seems to not have his confidence back as of yet. Doesnt close out on attackers in the box like he use to. These type of injuries take time for most people. Some get back to full strength, others don't. Time will tell.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1631: Jan 03, 2022 01:49:59 pm
      Starting to worry me a little Virgil of late I know he’s come back from a horrific injury which looks to have permanently impacted his mobility around the back line. However the other crucial elements to his game like the anticipation, positioning, and reading of the game have wained a little. These are all mental and psychological  in my opinion he needs to regain these asap if we’re a chance at any trophy.  We fielded 120m in centre backs 3 times this season and weren’t able to hold a winning position in any of them.

I knew this injury wasn't going to be a year and done thing. The amount of damage to his knee that's going to take a lot more than a year for him to regain his trust. Yes, he can play on it and it's probably sound to do that, but I guarantee he still doesn't trust it the way he did before his injury. It's going to take him some time to get back to that level of confidence. And not trusting something that you never had to think about before will affect the rest of his game. It's taking attention from those other things you mentioned that he was so good at before.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1632: Feb 10, 2022 09:49:15 pm
      Anyone else got pre injury vibes from him today? Seems his pace is back again.  ;D

Quick Reply