Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Flanagan charged with assault

Read 10186 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Flanagan charged with assault
      Reply #92: Jan 17, 2018 05:27:32 pm
      So what is a 12 month community order then? Like a suspended sentence?Good job ya man yelled at him during the assault.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #93: Jan 17, 2018 05:38:17 pm
      So what is a 12 month community order then? Like a suspended sentence?Good job ya man yelled at him during the assault.

A slap on the wrist mate.
      Some sh*t about doing jobs like sweeping the sidewalk, picking up leaves in the park and attending corrective lectures.

The lad's real punishment will come from the club.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #94: Jan 17, 2018 05:58:04 pm
      yeah, it did read that way.Defo seems light sentence.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #95: Jan 17, 2018 06:18:17 pm
      Given that the club supported him for the two years he was out due to injury and then offered him a new contract after that, it is an appalling way to let down the club. But not as much as he has let down his girlfriend. Shocking that anyone should have to put up with that kind of physical and verbal abuse. A coward.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #96: Jan 17, 2018 06:21:28 pm
      Given that the club supported him for the two years he was out due to injury and then offered him a new contract after that, it is an appalling way to let down the club. But not as much as he has let down his girlfriend. Shocking that anyone should have to put up with that kind of physical and verbal abuse. A coward.

Unfortunately there is no disputing the assertion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #97: Jan 17, 2018 07:00:22 pm
      Some sh*t about doing jobs like sweeping the sidewalk, picking up leaves in the park and attending corrective lectures.

Can't see him being sacked.

Can see him being quietly ushered out the door on a free transfer.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #98: Jan 17, 2018 10:35:59 pm

Statement from LFC.

Liverpool has condemned player Jon Flanagan, who has been sentenced for slamming his girlfriend against a wall before kicking her.

The 25-year-old was ordered to carry out 40 hours of unpaid work and given a 12-month community order at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday after previously admitting he assaulted Rachael Wall.

The club said he would now face internal disciplinary action.

A spokesman added:

“We condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the player’s actions during the events that took place, resulting in this criminal conviction.

“It leaves his own reputation damaged and, through association, he has severely let down the club he had previously represented with distinction.

“We have expressed to him our disappointment and anger that he has failed to live up to the values of Liverpool Football Club, in this specific instance.”
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #99: Jan 17, 2018 11:43:02 pm
      Statement from LFC.

Liverpool has condemned player Jon Flanagan, who has been sentenced for slamming his girlfriend against a wall before kicking her.

The 25-year-old was ordered to carry out 40 hours of unpaid work and given a 12-month community order at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday after previously admitting he assaulted Rachael Wall.

The club said he would now face internal disciplinary action.

A spokesman added:

“We condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the player’s actions during the events that took place, resulting in this criminal conviction.

“It leaves his own reputation damaged and, through association, he has severely let down the club he had previously represented with distinction.

“We have expressed to him our disappointment and anger that he has failed to live up to the values of Liverpool Football Club, in this specific instance.”

Strong statement from the club... Should have taken the wheel after knocking back a few... ;)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #100: Jan 20, 2018 10:36:38 am
      I was all for disposing of him but having thought about it that would have been the easy thing for the club to do with a player not playing and out of contract in the summer. Spending some time with him to try and prevent such awful behaviours is the best thing by the player and wider society. A sizeable donation to a domestic violence charity and a club lead campaign speaking out and educating against it should also be forthcoming in my opinion
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 182 
      Reply #101: Jan 20, 2018 12:32:20 pm
      I was all for disposing of him but having thought about it that would have been the easy thing for the club to do with a player not playing and out of contract in the summer. Spending some time with him to try and prevent such awful behaviours is the best thing by the player and wider society. A sizeable donation to a domestic violence charity and a club lead campaign speaking out and educating against it should also be forthcoming in my opinion

I like your thinking. Hope there are people with enough maturity and influence to bring it about.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #102: Jan 20, 2018 01:42:55 pm
      Don’t have a problem with someone giving him a second chance if he shows he’s learned from his mistakes, but in my mind, part of his punishment for this should be that he doesn’t get to play for THIS club again. It should be viewed as an honor and a privilege to play here and he’s betrayed that. Their has to be stiff consequences for his actions with regards to this club. Sorry Flanno, hope you go on to put his behind you and mature but I personally feel it should be somewhere else.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #103: Jan 21, 2018 09:58:47 am
      Don’t have a problem with someone giving him a second chance if he shows he’s learned from his mistakes, but in my mind, part of his punishment for this should be that he doesn’t get to play for THIS club again. It should be viewed as an honor and a privilege to play here and he’s betrayed that. Their has to be stiff consequences for his actions with regards to this club. Sorry Flanno, hope you go on to put his behind you and mature but I personally feel it should be somewhere else.

I'll never condone what he's done but as you wrote that he was probably doing lunch with the girl he attacked and who has forgiven him. I hear you though.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #104: Jan 21, 2018 11:14:55 am

If it was Salah would you be saying that though? Flanno fu**ed up, and there's no defending his actions, he's a thug if he hit a woman. He has no future here anyway, school it won't be a big loss if he's sacked.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #105: Jan 21, 2018 11:17:43 am

I hope you mean a sizeable donation from Flanagan to a charity because why on earth should the club have to do it??
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #106: Jan 21, 2018 12:07:47 pm
      I hope you mean a sizeable donation from Flanagan to a charity because why on earth should the club have to do it??

Both perhaps? The club has money coming out it’s ears few 100k means nothing
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #107: Jan 21, 2018 12:35:56 pm
      If it was Salah would you be saying that though?

Yes. Domestic violence is no joke.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #108: Jan 21, 2018 06:58:49 pm
      Seeing some of the tin foil brigade digging out the old Flanagan's dad knows kenny nonsense
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #109: Jan 21, 2018 07:03:45 pm
      Seeing some of the tin foil brigade digging out the old Flanagan's dad knows kenny nonsense

Haha his arl fella knows a few of the old guard, sure a few have had some business dealings with him.

I imagine he wasn't sacked cos of the money the club would have to pay Flanno concerning his contract etc

I still say he'll be binned off on a free in the summer.

Quick Reply