Trending Topics

Next match: Chelsea v LFC [Premier League] Sun 22nd Sep @ 4:30 pm
      Stamford Bridge

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W14 D2 L7

Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)

Read 16758 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,474 posts | 463 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)
      Reply #200: Jan 29, 2018 10:35:36 pm
      Agree, probably best to reserve judgement until after the matches have all been played.

By then it will be time reserve judgement till the summer windows shuts.

And then suddenly it becomes time to wait till January...

Repeat for years.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,908 posts | 2138 
      Reply #201: Jan 29, 2018 10:35:45 pm
      Not sure why he thinks that we are worried simply about two results

It's bigger than that

Just seen this mate and fully agree.

I haven't been the biggest of FSG's critics on here and have gave them a fair bit of leeway but enough is enough.

The disdain for the paying supporters, the lack of any will to have success on the pitch, the 'niceness' of us as a club on and off the pitch etc etc.

Throwing Phil a leaving party has put me in a right f**king mood tonight added to all the other sh*t going on.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2018 10:43:11 pm by srslfc »
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1701 
      Reply #202: Jan 29, 2018 10:39:03 pm
      So if the manager doesn't seem too bothered I shouldn't worry?

F**k that mate.

This club is on it's arse in many ways and it's more than a couple of results.

If I need to go into the details maybe you don't get it.

I always thought you did but could be wrong.

Aye.. we've stripped out one of our best players and let more depth go

So yeah quite a lot changes in two weeks

Cause a couple of weeks ago we had more depth and were hoping and discussing  if we needed one or two this window

Ad it turns out we've lost two

We're paper thin again in an ultra competitive league

Things will be sound though I'm sure

World class manager there who did not rate Daniel no matter how much we did.

World class manager there who said Phil was not going to give his all and thought it best to let him leave.

So either the world class manager has a plan...
      or the world class manager is a stoolie for the owners
      or the world class manager really has no clue.
      or the world class manager is stubborn and has to much faith in himself or his players.

Those are about the choices there are....what exactly do you two don't think I get?
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #203: Jan 29, 2018 10:40:39 pm

World class manager there who said Phil was not going to give his all and thought it best to let him leave.

So either the world class manager has a plan...
      or the world class manager is a stoolie for the owners
      or the world class manager really has no clue.
      or the world class manager is stubborn and has to much faith in himself or his players.

Those are about the choices there are....what exactly do you two don't think I get?

I don't get what a stoolie is
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 2510 
      Reply #204: Jan 29, 2018 10:42:09 pm

Stool pigeon I guess is what AZ is getting at.

Though it could be a jobby 🤔
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,338 posts | 3382 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #205: Jan 29, 2018 10:42:23 pm
      Thats £130K a week off the books, any body noticed how keen FSG are to unload expensive players off the books if they are not starting regularly.
      They did it with Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy and were very keen to get rid of Reina.

Lots of previous form but yeah let's blame Klopp.

Know what's mad? He is the only voice you hear. The only one. Where's that Gordon fella who runs all the transfers?

Oh,  here's one from him telling us all how January is sh*te for buying players.

Selling the fuckers on the other hand...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-co-owner-mike-gordon-13901235

Honestly the people who believe all this bullshit need to take their heads out of the clouds. Its f**king mad. Honest to f**king Fowler,  it is. Mad.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,908 posts | 2138 
      Reply #206: Jan 29, 2018 10:42:46 pm

Like I've said earlier today that doesn't bother me and isn't really the point.

He's known since he took over he doesn't rate him yet we've let him hang around for the best part of three seasons without replacing him then loan him out at this late stage.

The general state of the club.

Like I said you either get it or you don't mate.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1701 
      Reply #207: Jan 29, 2018 10:42:48 pm

Confidence man..a yes man...a gullible type....can apply to all.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1701 
      Reply #208: Jan 29, 2018 10:46:39 pm
      Like I said you either get it or you don't nate.

Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010 at around 4 am local time; which I got up to watch as I did not have DVR at that time.

Here was my starting lineup

25 Reina
      03 Konchesky
      16 Kyrgiakos
      23 Carragher
      37 Skrtel
      04 Raul Meireles yellow card
      08 Gerrard
      10 Cole (Babel 79)
      17 Maxi yellow card (Jovanovic 84)
      21 Lucas (Ngog 71)
      09 Torres

Substitutes
      01 Jones, 06 Aurelio, 34 Kelly, 26 Spearing, 14 Jovanovic, 19 Babel, 24 Ngog

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions; starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2018 10:52:21 pm by AZPatriot »
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 945 posts | 29 
      Reply #209: Jan 29, 2018 10:49:50 pm
      How long before sturridge scores a hat trick?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,094 posts | 3623 
      Reply #210: Jan 29, 2018 10:51:00 pm
      How long before sturridge scores a hat trick?

Probably about the same odds as him getting injured again ;)
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #211: Jan 29, 2018 10:52:33 pm
      Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the state of the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010 is my starting point.

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.

Why not simply judge it on the right now?

Why compare against something poor? Does that mean anything above very poor is better so I'm happy?

It's like saying, when I was born I couldn't talk, walk, feed myself, go the toilet myself
      So now even though I've broken every bone in my body in that car crash I can actually drink through a straw... so I'm one up.. all good cause I've got a world class doctor

He may not be able to operate on me because the people who run the hospital sold most of the equipment but he believes in his ability so I'll be sound..
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,908 posts | 2138 
      Reply #212: Jan 29, 2018 10:52:44 pm
      Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the state of the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010.

25 Reina
      03 Konchesky
      16 Kyrgiakos
      23 Carragher
      37 Skrtel
      08 Gerrard
      10 Cole (Babel 79)
      21 Lucas (Ngog 71)
      09 Torres

Substitutes

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.

Ok.

The club today though is as far away from the club I started supporting as you can get.

In fact football is as far away from what it was then as well and I think that's part of my issue as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,094 posts | 3623 
      Reply #213: Jan 29, 2018 10:53:24 pm
      Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010 at around 4 am local time; which I got up to watch as I did not have DVR at that time.

25 Reina
      03 Konchesky
      16 Kyrgiakos
      23 Carragher
      37 Skrtel
      08 Gerrard
      10 Cole (Babel 79)
      21 Lucas (Ngog 71)
      09 Torres

Substitutes

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions; starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.

The manager, Konchesky and Cole were wrong for this club no doubt and showed the f**king mess we were in towards the end of the H & G reign
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,338 posts | 3382 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #214: Jan 29, 2018 10:53:56 pm
      Aye the TV deals here now means revenue from CL is not as important.

For FSG coming 4-6 makes no difference financially apart from they might have to consider extra investement for qualifying  :f_doh:

Consider? Or throw pure blags out to their arse rat journo mates with £200 million war chest bollocks? I honestly believe they sh*t bricks when we got top four.

"Ooohhh f**k, we might actually need to make it look like we actually give a f**k for a few months guys and make it look like we are in for the boss, top notch, expensive players (again).  Don't worry about it, though, we'll get Jurgs to throw some sh*te out when the window is all said and done cos they'll all listen to him (again)."
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,906 posts | 1067 
      Reply #215: Jan 29, 2018 10:54:28 pm
      Rated him or not I would trust him more as an option than Solanke and Ings. Madness really to let him go without a replacement, although I will not be surprised if Origi is recalled as we have agreed that in his loan deal.

There is a lot of scumminess around our great club at administrative and corporate level to be honest I have had enough. This 2m sign on bonus from WBA and acceptance of it is a perfect example and smacks of the pettiness and the penny pinching mentality that has engulfed the club. You would expect that from a League 2 club not one of the world's biggest.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1701 
      Reply #216: Jan 29, 2018 10:56:03 pm
      Why not simply judge it on the right now?

Why compare against something poor? Does that mean anything above very poor is better so I'm happy?

It's like saying, when I was born I couldn't talk, walk, feed myself, go the toilet myself
      So now even though I've broken every bone in my body in that car crash I can actually drink through a straw... so I'm one up.. all good cause I've got a world class doctor

He may not be able to operate on me because the people who run the hospital sold most of the equipment but he believes in his ability so I'll be sound..

Normally people make judgement and comparisons to what they have experienced themselves in real life don't don't they?

Do you think that as a supporter if you lived through the fabulous years this club had in the past you could relate to it more than say somebody that saw it 30 years later on a DVD?
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #217: Jan 29, 2018 10:57:02 pm
      Normally people make judgement and comparisons to what they have experienced themselves in real life don't don't they?

Depends if they can think beyond that
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,908 posts | 2138 
      Reply #218: Jan 29, 2018 10:57:40 pm

So as long as things are better than they were when you started following the club that's ok for you?

If that's the case fair enough mate but you know the history of the club, you know what the club is all about.

We're better than that.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1701 
      Reply #219: Jan 29, 2018 10:58:08 pm
      Depends if they can think beyond that

My father landed on Omaha beach...I've seen Saving Private Ryan...am I too shallow a thinker when I say I probably can't relate to combat on the Normandy shore?
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #220: Jan 29, 2018 10:59:19 pm
      My father landed on Omaha beach...I've seen Saving Private Ryan...am I too shallow a thinker when I say I probably can't relate to combat on the Normandy shore?

No but you can compare strides made so hopefully that conflict doesn't happen again

Judge the now rather than the then
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1701 
      Reply #221: Jan 29, 2018 11:01:01 pm
      So as long as things are better than they were when you started following the club that's ok for you?

If that's the case fair enough mate but you know the history of the club, you know what the club is all about.

We're better than that.

Do you think me watching DVD's of the 1980's would somehow make my experience somehow more enlightened Si?

My memories so far are Dortmund at home...a 3 cracking matches against City the last 18 months and thrashing Arsenal on several occasions. That and of course Sadio making the bitters cry.

AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1701 
      Reply #222: Jan 29, 2018 11:01:26 pm
      No but you can compare strides made so hopefully that conflict doesn't happen again

Judge the now rather than the then

Or one could say live in the now and not in the past... :)
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #223: Jan 29, 2018 11:03:29 pm

We're better than that.

Exactly

I wasn't around for numerous titles in Shankleys days or remember the first FA cup win in 65..
      I wasn't old enough to enjoy the first 4 champions leagues

F**k I'm 40 this year and I wasn't even a teenager when we last won the league

But I aspire for greatness still. Not just slightly better than Souness's management days
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,908 posts | 2138 
      Reply #224: Jan 29, 2018 11:03:32 pm
      Do you think me watching DVD's of the 1980's would somehow make my experience somehow more enlightened Si?

My memories so far are Dortmund at home...a 3 cracking matches against City the last 18 months and thrashing Arsenal on several occasions. That and of course Sadio making the bitters cry.

Like I said fair enough AZ.

You feel how you feel.

Don't take this personally but as I said before you just don't get it then.

Quick Reply