Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)

Read 54229 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Southampton)
      Reply #46: Jan 04, 2018 03:15:21 am
      Is he even fit ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #47: Jan 04, 2018 09:22:18 am

He's fit.... but been ill
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #48: Jan 04, 2018 09:51:46 am
      hes ill...hes injured...hes ill....hes injured...hes fit..hes ill..hes injured
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #49: Jan 12, 2018 12:33:05 pm
      If he goes then we are in need of reinforcement IMO. I have lost faith in Solankie at this stage and any injuries to the starting forwards, and if he's fit i'd still choose Sturridge first.

If we look for another forward type then fair play but it's not a sale that needs to be made at this stage after already losing Coutinho IMO.

As it is both came in the same January and both will leave in January.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #50: Jan 12, 2018 12:42:55 pm
      I say sell him, I like stu but he isn't the player he was for one brief moment of his career. Solanke isn't what we need but stu isn't either.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #51: Jan 12, 2018 12:48:46 pm
      A bit of a catch 22 with Daniel he is no doubt our second choice striker, Solanke is just too raw atm.
      However he is hardly Mr reliable when called upon, FFS he gets injured even when he is not playing.

With a WC year he no doubt wants to play and thinks he can be in contention for Southgates squad.

Was a top player but injuries have robbed him of possibly a great career and now is a shell of a player we remember from that year.

Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #52: Jan 12, 2018 01:49:54 pm
      If Sturridge goes then wed have to be in the market for a striker, otherwise it would leave us with Firmino and Solanke as a back up, would only take an injury to Firmino for us to be right up sh*t creek
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #53: Jan 12, 2018 03:59:28 pm
      Why are we keeping hold of  a strike that is way pasted his best, even if that is due to injury, who does not fit in with the way the manager wishes his players to play, and has no real hope for ever  returning to the form he once showed...??
      F**k trying to hold out for £30m... Anything north of £22m we should take the money and run
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #54: Jan 12, 2018 06:22:48 pm
      Why are we keeping hold of  a strike that is way pasted his best, even if that is due to injury, who does not fit in with the way the manager wishes his players to play, and has no real hope for ever  returning to the form he once showed...??
      F**k trying to hold out for £30m... Anything north of £22m we should take the money and run

Mate, we are not going to get £22m for him. If he goes it will be for a nominal fee, if any. The reason being that nobody is going to get close to matching our wages, given his injury record.

Any club will want a big pay-as-you-play component in his wage, and for Studge that effectively means a pay cut. He is going to want to keep any cut as minimal as possible, which means anybody buying him will probably have to subsidise a still excessive wage out of the transfer fee. So we will get very little for him. I suspect the club would let him go for nothing, and have probably been touting him for the last 3 or 4 windows without any takers prepared to meet his wages.

It's a great shame cos he could have been world class for us. I would say he briefly was actually.

[ Edit - Just saw the James Pearce thing saying the club want £30m. That is delusional if true. More likely they are just trying to bluff anybody into thinking they still consider him an asset. But nobody is going to buy it. I would be very surprised if get double figures for him. ]
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018 06:31:43 pm by sore monad »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #55: Jan 12, 2018 06:40:40 pm
      A crying shame IMO. His skill set was just awesome, but injury after injury have hampered his ability and career. I personally wish him all the best...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #56: Jan 12, 2018 07:09:36 pm

Hey, supposedly, your friend, Javier Hernández is available for under 20m. How happy would you be if we bought him to replace Sturridge? :)
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #57: Jan 12, 2018 07:58:55 pm
      If Sturridge goes then wed have to be in the market for a striker, otherwise it would leave us with Firmino and Solanke as a back up, would only take an injury to Firmino for us to be right up sh*t creek

Even if Sturridge stays and Bobby gets injured, I would hazard a guess that Sturridge would be injured even then.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #58: Jan 12, 2018 09:41:29 pm
      A crying shame IMO. His skill set was just awesome, but injury after injury have hampered his ability and career. I personally wish him all the best...

Skill set remains, but manager after manager has hampered him.

Absolute joke the way this lad has been treated. A world class player but completely under used and under appreciated. Klopp never had a plan for him, and I believe Sturridge responded to that by not putting in his 100%. Especially this recent injury. Most likely self preservation while he hopes for a transfer.

Best of luck to him. Be interesting to see him at a club that uses a class striker.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #59: Jan 12, 2018 11:31:51 pm
      otherwise it would leave us with Firmino and Solanke as a back up

Ings.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #60: Jan 12, 2018 11:49:03 pm

Absolute joke the way this lad has been treated. A world class player but completely under used and under appreciated. Klopp never had a plan for him, and I believe Sturridge responded to that by not putting in his 100%. Especially this recent injury. Most likely self preservation while he hopes for a transfer.

Best of luck to him. Be interesting to see him at a club that uses a class striker.

;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #61: Jan 12, 2018 11:55:15 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Jan 13, 2018 12:04:50 am
      Hey, supposedly, your friend, Javier Hernández is available for under 20m. How happy would you be if we bought him to replace Sturridge? :)

From what I can remember, he isn't the only one that is a fan of Hernandez on here. There were a fair few on here saying we should sign him before he joined West Ham.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #63: Jan 13, 2018 12:13:15 am

He's an explosive striker with no explosion left. World class once upon a time, not even close now.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #64: Jan 13, 2018 12:27:28 am

Ridiculous.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Jan 13, 2018 12:37:12 am

He was world class for all of one season though. Let's not make out like we're pushing Aguero out of the door. Also, just because somebody is a good player doesn't mean he's going to fit in with what the new manager wants or needs.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #66: Jan 13, 2018 12:37:28 am

Joke of a post but par for the course seeing as though it's about Sturridge.

Always find peeps like you odd who get obsessed by a particular player (previously Moses) rather than the success of the team.
      But I suppose it takes all sorts to make the world go round!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #67: Jan 13, 2018 03:35:34 am

Ffs mate, seriously You need to go and take yer face for a sh*te !!
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #68: Jan 13, 2018 08:53:32 am
      Lets be honest his time is over. I have myself held on and stuck up for him when not bei g played but when he has it is painfully clear he cannot fulfil the role Klopp wants . His time is up and if we can get 20M then I think everyone is a winner

Quick Reply