Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)

Read 54227 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)
      Reply #207: Jan 29, 2018 10:42:48 pm

Confidence man..a yes man...a gullible type....can apply to all.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #208: Jan 29, 2018 10:46:39 pm
      Like I said you either get it or you don't nate.

Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010 at around 4 am local time; which I got up to watch as I did not have DVR at that time.

Here was my starting lineup

25 Reina
      03 Konchesky
      16 Kyrgiakos
      23 Carragher
      37 Skrtel
      04 Raul Meireles yellow card
      08 Gerrard
      10 Cole (Babel 79)
      17 Maxi yellow card (Jovanovic 84)
      21 Lucas (Ngog 71)
      09 Torres

Substitutes
      01 Jones, 06 Aurelio, 34 Kelly, 26 Spearing, 14 Jovanovic, 19 Babel, 24 Ngog

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions; starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2018 10:52:21 pm by AZPatriot »
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #209: Jan 29, 2018 10:49:50 pm
      How long before sturridge scores a hat trick?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #210: Jan 29, 2018 10:51:00 pm
      How long before sturridge scores a hat trick?

Probably about the same odds as him getting injured again ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #211: Jan 29, 2018 10:52:33 pm
      Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the state of the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010 is my starting point.

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.

Why not simply judge it on the right now?

Why compare against something poor? Does that mean anything above very poor is better so I'm happy?

It's like saying, when I was born I couldn't talk, walk, feed myself, go the toilet myself
      So now even though I've broken every bone in my body in that car crash I can actually drink through a straw... so I'm one up.. all good cause I've got a world class doctor

He may not be able to operate on me because the people who run the hospital sold most of the equipment but he believes in his ability so I'll be sound..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #212: Jan 29, 2018 10:52:44 pm
      Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the state of the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010.

25 Reina
      03 Konchesky
      16 Kyrgiakos
      23 Carragher
      37 Skrtel
      08 Gerrard
      10 Cole (Babel 79)
      21 Lucas (Ngog 71)
      09 Torres

Substitutes

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.

Ok.

The club today though is as far away from the club I started supporting as you can get.

In fact football is as far away from what it was then as well and I think that's part of my issue as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #213: Jan 29, 2018 10:53:24 pm
      Said it 100 time Si...really don't need to state it again, I view the club from when I started following the club..that manager and that line up on October 17th, 2010 at around 4 am local time; which I got up to watch as I did not have DVR at that time.

25 Reina
      03 Konchesky
      16 Kyrgiakos
      23 Carragher
      37 Skrtel
      08 Gerrard
      10 Cole (Babel 79)
      21 Lucas (Ngog 71)
      09 Torres

Substitutes

And from that point is where i base all my views and my opinions; starting it from somewhere else would be disingenuous and a complete fraud.

The manager, Konchesky and Cole were wrong for this club no doubt and showed the F***ing mess we were in towards the end of the H & G reign
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #214: Jan 29, 2018 10:53:56 pm
      Aye the TV deals here now means revenue from CL is not as important.

For FSG coming 4-6 makes no difference financially apart from they might have to consider extra investement for qualifying  :f_doh:

Consider? Or throw pure blags out to their arse rat journo mates with £200 million war chest bollocks? I honestly believe they sh*t bricks when we got top four.

"Ooohhh f**k, we might actually need to make it look like we actually give a f**k for a few months guys and make it look like we are in for the boss, top notch, expensive players (again).  Don't worry about it, though, we'll get Jurgs to throw some sh*te out when the window is all said and done cos they'll all listen to him (again)."
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #215: Jan 29, 2018 10:54:28 pm
      Rated him or not I would trust him more as an option than Solanke and Ings. Madness really to let him go without a replacement, although I will not be surprised if Origi is recalled as we have agreed that in his loan deal.

There is a lot of scumminess around our great club at administrative and corporate level to be honest I have had enough. This 2m sign on bonus from WBA and acceptance of it is a perfect example and smacks of the pettiness and the penny pinching mentality that has engulfed the club. You would expect that from a League 2 club not one of the world's biggest.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #216: Jan 29, 2018 10:56:03 pm
      Why not simply judge it on the right now?

Why compare against something poor? Does that mean anything above very poor is better so I'm happy?

It's like saying, when I was born I couldn't talk, walk, feed myself, go the toilet myself
      So now even though I've broken every bone in my body in that car crash I can actually drink through a straw... so I'm one up.. all good cause I've got a world class doctor

He may not be able to operate on me because the people who run the hospital sold most of the equipment but he believes in his ability so I'll be sound..

Normally people make judgement and comparisons to what they have experienced themselves in real life don't don't they?

Do you think that as a supporter if you lived through the fabulous years this club had in the past you could relate to it more than say somebody that saw it 30 years later on a DVD?
      Kopite78
      Reply #217: Jan 29, 2018 10:57:02 pm
      Normally people make judgement and comparisons to what they have experienced themselves in real life don't don't they?

Depends if they can think beyond that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #218: Jan 29, 2018 10:57:40 pm

So as long as things are better than they were when you started following the club that's ok for you?

If that's the case fair enough mate but you know the history of the club, you know what the club is all about.

We're better than that.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #219: Jan 29, 2018 10:58:08 pm
      Depends if they can think beyond that

My father landed on Omaha beach...I've seen Saving Private Ryan...am I too shallow a thinker when I say I probably can't relate to combat on the Normandy shore?
      Kopite78
      Reply #220: Jan 29, 2018 10:59:19 pm
      My father landed on Omaha beach...I've seen Saving Private Ryan...am I too shallow a thinker when I say I probably can't relate to combat on the Normandy shore?

No but you can compare strides made so hopefully that conflict doesn't happen again

Judge the now rather than the then
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #221: Jan 29, 2018 11:01:01 pm
      So as long as things are better than they were when you started following the club that's ok for you?

If that's the case fair enough mate but you know the history of the club, you know what the club is all about.

We're better than that.

Do you think me watching DVD's of the 1980's would somehow make my experience somehow more enlightened Si?

My memories so far are Dortmund at home...a 3 cracking matches against City the last 18 months and thrashing Arsenal on several occasions. That and of course Sadio making the bitters cry.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #222: Jan 29, 2018 11:01:26 pm
      No but you can compare strides made so hopefully that conflict doesn't happen again

Judge the now rather than the then

Or one could say live in the now and not in the past... :)
      Kopite78
      Reply #223: Jan 29, 2018 11:03:29 pm

We're better than that.

Exactly

I wasn't around for numerous titles in Shankleys days or remember the first FA cup win in 65..
      I wasn't old enough to enjoy the first 4 champions leagues

F**k I'm 40 this year and I wasn't even a teenager when we last won the league

But I aspire for greatness still. Not just slightly better than Souness's management days
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #224: Jan 29, 2018 11:03:32 pm
      Do you think me watching DVD's of the 1980's would somehow make my experience somehow more enlightened Si?

My memories so far are Dortmund at home...a 3 cracking matches against City the last 18 months and thrashing Arsenal on several occasions. That and of course Sadio making the bitters cry.

Like I said fair enough AZ.

You feel how you feel.

Don't take this personally but as I said before you just don't get it then.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #225: Jan 29, 2018 11:05:06 pm

Yes.

Do you think we didn't watch vhs videos with clips from the 60s and 70s in the hope of learning more about the club when we were kids!!

I still love watching some of the clips from the 80s.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #226: Jan 29, 2018 11:06:41 pm
      F**k I'm 40 this year and I wasn't even a teenager when we last won the league

But I aspire for greatness still. Not just slightly better than Souness's management days

I've not long turned 40, hard to believe when I left Anfield after the QPR game in 1990 that we'd never see Liverpool win the league again!!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #227: Jan 29, 2018 11:07:03 pm
      Don't take this personally but as I said before you just don't get it then.

I get what I need Si... and trust me I don't take it personally.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #228: Jan 29, 2018 11:07:19 pm
      Yes.

Do you think we didn't watch vhs videos with clips from the 60s and 70s in the hope of learning more about the club when we were kids!!

I still love watching some of the clips from the 80s.

I love watching the clips from all the old sides.

The first team I really remember was the 87-88 side and I used to watch that league season video all the time.

Just realised this is the Sturridge thread so apologies for straying off ttopic mods.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #229: Jan 29, 2018 11:08:10 pm
      Are people pissed at FSG on this Studge transfer?
      Should it not be FSG that are pissed?  Why the f**k have we kept Studge around these last couple of years, paying him, but knowing he was NEVER going to be first choice, not even 2nd choice, under Jürgen?
      Not only has his form dipped, partly as a result of getting feck all game time - but he doesn't fit our pressing etc style of play. Like with Mignolet, someone who should have been moved on before now - mysteries only Jürgen can answer imho.

Jürgen is not perfect. Those couple of things there that I can't understand how he hasn't addressed them. But on the whole, he's done a very good job.

I get the argument, why sell when we don't have to. In Cou's case, a first XI guy, that's a loss and it's a pity not to replace him in Jan. Studge tho is completely different  - VERY unlikely he'd have played any football from now to season any even if Bob got injured.

Quick Reply