Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)

Read 54240 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)
      Reply #230: Jan 29, 2018 11:08:38 pm
      I get what I need Si... and trust me I don't take it personally.

Ok. :gt-happyup:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #231: Jan 29, 2018 11:09:43 pm
      I love watching the clips from all the old sides.

The first team I really remember was the 87-88 side and I used to watch that league season video all the time.

Just realised this is the Sturridge thread so apologies for straying off ttopic mods.

Hahahaha we'd all be banned now and on the naughty step if this was RAWK.

Agree about first comment though, first team I can remember clearly was the treble winning team of 84.

But that 87/88 team was something glorious.
      Kopite78
      Reply #232: Jan 29, 2018 11:10:13 pm
      I've not long turned 40, hard to believe when I left Anfield after the QPR game in 1990 that we'd never see Liverpool win the league again!!

I was there mate, my grandad gave me his ticket for the game, tried to get me one but couldn't so sent me in with his and told the lad who was always near him to look after me. He waited outside for me for the game

I remember him saying, I've seen loads of these lad, I'll see more, I want you to see your first of many

First and only

Loved that man.. he gave me Liverpool football club
      He died just over 3 years ago so he never saw another one either
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2018 11:21:29 pm by Kopite78 »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #233: Jan 29, 2018 11:13:09 pm

For the record Si...I think we have the right manager taking us in the right direction; not happening as quickly as many would like (include myself in this) but it's the right direction and I trust him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #234: Jan 29, 2018 11:13:58 pm
      But that 87/88 team was something glorious.

It was. Ruthless as well as fantastic footballers.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #235: Jan 29, 2018 11:15:29 pm
      Just thinking about Dado's bit re recalling Origi.

That would be very prudent at the moment. I haven't heard it mentioned however, so I'm guessing it is not in the cards. What I've hear more like is that he's done well enough in Germany to secure a permanent move.

A recall has to be during the window as well, correct?
      Kopite78
      Reply #236: Jan 29, 2018 11:16:28 pm
      For the record Si...I think we have the right manager taking us in the right direction; not happening as quickly as many would like (include myself in this) but it's the right direction and I trust him.

I agree we have the right manager.

I just think he's making an error here not buying this month

What happens if we get a key injury or two? Miss out on cl ... then the signings we have lined up look elsewhere? Back to square one again

We had a great opportunity to make spurs and arsenal miss out again this season and potentially see that destable their squads

That would be very prudent at the moment. I haven't heard it mentioned however, so I'm guessing it is not in the cards. What I've hear more like is that he's done well enough in Germany to secure a permanent move.

We could as we wrote it in the contract.

That was reported at the time

I've heard nothing on the possibility though.

After the window we couldn't though
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #237: Jan 29, 2018 11:17:55 pm

What happens if we get a key injury or two? Miss out on cl ... then the signings we have lined up look elsewhere? Back to square one again

We had a great opportunity to make spurs and arsenal miss out again this season and potentially see that destable their squads

I 100% agree with everything you are saying...personally I would not even try to replace Coutinho this window, instead I would be doing all I could to get a top forward in.

Too much faith being placed in a fella that has not played for two years and a kid who does not have a PL goal to his name.

Dangerous game as missing out on top 4 and losing the momentum the club are going at could see us miss out on top players this Summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #238: Jan 29, 2018 11:19:45 pm

I agree as well and I'm not sure many would disagree.

It's a massive error in my book from him and the owners and one that we may get away with but I fear we won't.

Every time we have the chance to make that move to really go for things we seem to sh*t ourselves and backtrack.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #239: Jan 29, 2018 11:22:00 pm

Origi who has only scored 4 goals in 19 appearances this season? I'm not sure if he's gonna help us right now. I would honestly trust Sturridge more to come off the bench and change the game but 2 million is just too good to say no right?
      As I wrote earlier, we're probably gonna play Salah, Mane, and Bobby every game until their legs fall off.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #240: Jan 29, 2018 11:23:07 pm
      It's a massive error in my book from him and the owners and one that we may get away with but I fear we won't.

So here is where I am confused...are the owners telling him not to buy?

If the owners are telling him to buy doesn't that spell trouble as they should not be telling the manager what and what not to do with his squad.

Great discussion on TAW about this recently.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #241: Jan 29, 2018 11:29:12 pm
      Origi who has only scored 4 goals in 19 appearances this season? I'm not sure if he's gonna help us right now. I would honestly trust Sturridge more to come off the bench and change the game but 2 million is just too good to say no right?
      As I wrote earlier, we're probably gonna play Salah, Mane, and Bobby every game until their legs fall off.

Scored 21 goals for us in a  couple of seasons, despite at least one lengthy injury layoff.

Wasn't really comparing him to Sturridge as that ship has sailed - just saying we need cover at forward and Origi is someone you could bring in simply by saying it. I would feel better about the next four months if he was in the squad.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #242: Jan 29, 2018 11:43:44 pm

Good luck Danny.

Sad to think that so many of our fan base despise you because of your immense talent. They deserve to lose you and the consequences.

Great move for Danny. Utterly stupid for Liverpool. Well done Klopp.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #243: Jan 29, 2018 11:47:32 pm
      Good luck Danny.

Sad to think that so many of our fan base despise you because of your immense talent. They deserve to lose you and the consequences.

OMG your going to run out of players to cry over soon...quick pick a new favorite.

Might I suggest Mignolet? Manager has indefinably treated him poorly and Markovic...oh don't get me started on Lazar's plight of injustice.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #244: Jan 29, 2018 11:50:18 pm
      You will never run out of players to hate though.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #245: Jan 29, 2018 11:52:37 pm
      You will never run out of players to hate though.

I don't hate any players, you won't find one quote in 9301 posts where I said a negative word about Daniel.

Your OTT posting is laughable at best, pitiful in truth.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #246: Jan 29, 2018 11:53:57 pm
      I don't hate any players, you won't find one quote in 9301 posts where I said a negative word about Daniel.

Your OTT posting is laughable at best, pitiful in truth.

:lmao:

Me OTT? Find the posts where I am crying about players then... hilarious you.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #247: Jan 29, 2018 11:58:58 pm
      Good luck Danny.

Who hates a player for their club that has immense talent? It doesn't make sense. I have never seen anyone spout out sh*t about him because of his "immense" talent, on forums and in RL. I have also never seen any hate towards him when he was injured for lengthy durations, only frustration and whining.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #248: Jan 30, 2018 12:03:27 am
      Had a great couple of years with us and then sadly became something of an expensive luxury - completely unreliable and from what I've seen nowhere near the player with decent pace we used to have.

Wish him all the best at West Brom and hope he does go the World Cup with England.

My concern remains that Liverpool appear to have sold Coutinho and Sturridge, who were clearly within the confines of a 25 man squad in August and appear confident that those players do not need to be replaced at any level whatsoever.

Anyway, good luck Danny - fair play for going for a move back to your home town and turning down bigger moves to Newcastle or Inter.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #249: Jan 30, 2018 12:05:59 am
      Who hates a player for their club that has immense talent? It doesn't make sense.

No it doesn't make sense and you were overgenerous by even offering a reply to be honest. 

Some of the most ridiculous drivel I've ever read to suggest that because he was somehow a footballing god that Liverpool fans hated him being a footballing god for them.  Absolute childish garbage of the highest order.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #250: Jan 30, 2018 12:06:03 am
      Had a great couple of years with us and then sadly became something of an expensive luxury - completely unreliable and from what I've seen nowhere near the player with decent pace we used to have.

Wish him all the best at West Brom and hope he does go the World Cup with England.

My concern remains that Liverpool appear to have sold Coutinho and Sturridge, who were clearly within the confines of a 25 man squad in August and appear confident that those players do not need to be replaced at any level whatsoever.

Anyway, good luck Danny - fair play for going for a move back to your home town and turning down bigger moves to Newcastle or Inter.

Still has a chance of an FA Cup medal as well!!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #251: Jan 30, 2018 12:25:54 am
      Good luck Danny.

Nobody here despises Sturridge. But if him leaving means you're gonna leave as well then I suppose that's some positive at least.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #252: Jan 30, 2018 01:23:08 am
      OMG your going to run out of players to cry over soon...quick pick a new favorite.

Might I suggest Mignolet? Manager has indefinably treated him poorly and Markovic...oh don't get me started on Lazar's plight of injustice.

Wow. Treated Mignolet poorly?

Stunned that I've just seen that written.

He's made F**k up after F**k up and been given chance after chance after chance after chance after chance.

Mad post.

Quick Reply