Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Loris Karius
      2 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (3.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (2.6%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      98 (86%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (4.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Jan 03, 2018 04:52:25 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23057 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 30, 2017 05:59:58 pm
      I don’t see how that was Roberson’s error on their first goal, yeah he probably should have stayed with Mahrez but seems that even Lovren should have done more there, can’t blame him for that, it was all Matip and Can for me.

https://twitter.com/lfcgif/status/947121884444942336
      if you look at that gif, if he stays on his feet he can stand between the pass forcing Mahrez to pick another option. Like others said, it was a collective problem. I was wrong to say 100% Robbo. More like 35%. I think Karius would have blocked the shot if Mahrez took it though. Would have been amazing defending if he just stayed on his feet.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #415: Dec 30, 2017 06:02:13 pm
      This was a great character win for the team. Put in a hole by a poor mistake, we were up against a decent side, who have shown their ability to counter-attack with such ability that they won a league title doing it. They were sitting deep, but we continued to create chances, some of which we were wasteful with. But we persevered with creating chances, did enough to hold off their counter (although not without some  nervous moments) and got a couple of great goals to take the lead.

Klopp's first change brought on Ox who performed well, replacing Mane who I thought looked better today and created the first goal. The 2nd goal was all about controlling the match although I feel Gini, who is normally a very clean technical player, disappointed in giving the ball away a couple of times. In fact, I feel like he has been off the boil for a good bit now. Not sure what is going on there. Bringing Klavan on late was another move to shut things down and he did win an important header late, although he got punched in the head for his trouble. This was a good win for our team.

Nothing takes away from the enjoyment of the win for me, but a couple of negative takeaways would be Emre Can, who was back to his lack of industry, give-the-ball-away worst, especially in the first half, and that fact that the goalkeeper who many of us are hoping to see get more first team chances as the season unfolds, apparently cannot kick a football. So for me, midfield and goalkeeper are two concerns going forward. I know Keita is coming next year, but I don't think he's going to be a #6.  No reason for me to try to add anything to the goalkeeper discussion.

Just enjoyed this match so much, and looking forward to what should again be a difficult challenge on Monday.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #416: Dec 30, 2017 06:04:20 pm
      If anyone didn't see it. Karius contribution at 55 minutes changed the game. It could have easily gone 2-1 against us. Fantastic anticipation. No chance Mignolet would have got there.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #417: Dec 30, 2017 06:10:50 pm

How?

He's the left back and it happened on the right side of the field.

He wasn’t it’s because Ribs is trying to get a rise.......

He had to close the gap to the cbs after the Matip / Can F**k up.

BUT as a coach I’d be saying to him to have a look back and watch the angle of the pass next time in that situation.

Mahrez isn’t gonna run past him in a million years so he can - next time - cut out that pass as well........however that’s what coaching is for and 100% NOT his fault.

Trolls gotta troll......
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #418: Dec 30, 2017 06:10:59 pm
      if you look at that gif, if he stays on his feet he can stand between the pass forcing Mahrez to pick another option. Like others said, it was a collective problem. I was wrong to say 100% Robbo. More like 35%. I think Karius would have blocked the shot if Mahrez took it though. Would have been amazing defending if he just stayed on his feet.

Mahrez get's the pass away first time, don't think Robo could have done anything even if he did stay on his feet
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #419: Dec 30, 2017 06:20:43 pm
      Salah MOTM, by a ways. Christ he has been great for us. What a scoring record :)
      Matip looked sluggish, him and Mane still a bit under par, Mane caught badly offside couple of times too.
      Cou as well was a bit disappointed with as again when Leicester started putting some pressure on in the last 10 mins, he went missing, some really half hearted attempts at a tackle.
      Thought Emre did well, basically the guy in the middle that tackles and puts himself about - will miss that if nothing else if he goes.
      Milner did OK. Gomez and Robertson did OK too - can recall one really good tackle from Andy in 2nd half when guy played a ball basically between where our 2 CBs should've been, but Robbo was there to make the tackle.
      Firmino worked hard as usual, and AOC did well when he came on for Mane, good tempo about him, must surely be seriously pushing for the starting place.
      Karius, almost nothing to do, did OK.

Delighted to get the win, after going behind so early, showed some character, though massive part of it was down to Salah, his strength, pace and finishing - got us over the line today :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #420: Dec 30, 2017 06:34:02 pm
      That has nothing to do with Karius being a weak goalkeeper that is not ready.

It has everything to do with how shocking your judgement is on goalkeepers though

But yes, Mig is a top20 goalie. It's just insane to think that a national goalkeeper for a football nation like Belgium isn't a top player.

Haha look, that's a tremendously silly argument. Doni was not a top goalkeeper and he used to be FIRST choice for BRAZIL.
      Mignolet is SECOND choice for... Belgium. "A football nation like Belgium", seriously?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leicester
      Reply #421: Dec 30, 2017 06:37:36 pm

Very happy to be wrong mate
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #422: Dec 30, 2017 06:38:22 pm
      Surprised Salah isn't 100% for votes!!!!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #423: Dec 30, 2017 06:40:14 pm
      He wasn’t it’s because Ribs is trying to get a rise.......

He had to close the gap to the cbs after the Matip / Can f**k up.

BUT as a coach I’d be saying to him to have a look back and watch the angle of the pass next time in that situation.

Mahrez isn’t gonna run past him in a million years so he can - next time - cut out that pass as well........however that’s what coaching is for and 100% NOT his fault.

Trolls gotta troll......
      I'm not trying to get a rise. Matip, Can and Robbo all messed up. It doesn't matter now because we won. I got into this debate cos Pippen or somebody blamed Karius and I felt it wasn't his fault.

What do you think about the contribution at 55 minutes by Karius? Game changing in my opinion! Best contribution from a Liverpool keeper I've seen in a long time.

I just seen again, not only did he come out at 55... He also released the ball quickly to get Salah's equaliser. Can I get my MOTM back? I want to vote Karius now. We'd have lost today with Mignolet.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2017 06:45:17 pm by Ribapuru »
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #424: Dec 30, 2017 06:42:46 pm
      It has everything to do with how shocking your judgement is on goalkeepers though

I played this position once, so I know a bit about it (to fairness in a league that I don't think you can name since you might only be able to count to 10). Mig is better than Karius.

Haha look, that's a tremendously silly argument. Doni was not a top goalkeeper and he used to be FIRST choice for BRAZIL.
      Mignolet is SECOND choice for... Belgium. "A football nation like Belgium", seriously?

Mig is only 2nd choice because of Courtois who's top5 in the world. South American teams are "special" when it comes to goalies, so that argument is flushed down as well. And of course Belgium is a football nation, it's not San Marino or Switzerland.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #425: Dec 30, 2017 06:44:17 pm
      I played this position once, so I know a bit about it (to fairness in a league that I don't think you can name since you might only be able to count to 10). Mig is better than Karius.

Mig is only 2nd choice because of Courtois who's top5 in the world. South American teams are "special" when it comes to goalies, so that argument is flushed down as well. And of course Belgium is a football nation, it's not San Marino or Switzerland.

Yeh........but he isn’t tho Pipster.......he just isn’t.

Oh and by the way - I’ve NEVER been a woman.......but I know a hot female when I see one ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leicester
      Reply #426: Dec 30, 2017 06:47:32 pm
      Only just got round to watching the second half. Thought we dominated for most of it. We looked nervy in parts when they were launching the ball forward but that was to be expected. One thing we have to get past though is conceding a goal with the opponent's first shot on target.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #427: Dec 30, 2017 06:50:42 pm
      Karius is not fit to play in the PL.
      We looked terrible in the last 10min. like chicken.
      Salah rescued us.
      We better forget this very average game and focus on Burnley.
      So who quickly released the ball leading to Salah's eaualizer? Karius..  Who minutes later read the game and actually got off his line to get the ball... ermmm... Karius... What is that? 2-1 to Liverpool instead of 2-0 to Leicester. Are you Simon Mignolet?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #428: Dec 30, 2017 06:50:43 pm

Pelé was the best player of all time and his judgement on football is shocking. So is yours, and thinking I'll take you seriously because you were an amateur goalie is pure desperation.

Oh fantastic argument. If you play for Belgium, you're a top player (Belgium, that amazing football nation, because they're not as bad as San Marino). If you play for Brazil, well, they're special with their goalkeepers, whatever the f**k that means :D

You're either his agent or retarded. If you're his agent, let me congratulate you for keeping your client for such a long time in a top club. You may be even better than Doni's.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #429: Dec 30, 2017 06:58:45 pm
      Outside the box and that's a free kick...

Just to add, I'm loving Robbo.

I'm loving him too. I wasn't too keen on the idea of signing him because I wasn't sure of his defensive skills but with him and Moreno (this season's form) we have two good left backs.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #430: Dec 30, 2017 07:03:46 pm
      I'm not sure what counting has to do with naming the league, unless you meant division. Is there a division 11? I didn't know Sunday league went that low though. Maybe you can put in a word for Mignolet?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #431: Dec 30, 2017 07:19:56 pm
      One more thing on today's game. Hats off to the crowd today. I had goosebumps for about half an hour listening to the Kop in full voice. More of that during the next home game, please!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #432: Dec 30, 2017 07:22:01 pm
      One more thing on today's game. Hats off to the crowd today. I had goosebumps for about half an hour listening to the Kop in full voice. More of that during the next home game, please!

Really? It was like a morgue today in there.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #433: Dec 30, 2017 07:27:28 pm
      United screw up...0-0..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #434: Dec 30, 2017 07:37:37 pm
      Really? It was like a morgue today in there.

Odd because just like Mcarz it sounded really good and also mentioned by Klopp.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #435: Dec 30, 2017 07:42:01 pm

What the F**k are you talking about mate?!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #436: Dec 30, 2017 07:45:30 pm
      Odd because just like Mcarz it sounded really good and also mentioned by Klopp.

Few decent little bursts but until we scored I thought it was dung.

Quick Reply