Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Loris Karius
      2 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (3.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (2.6%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      98 (86%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (4.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Jan 03, 2018 04:52:25 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23114 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Dec 30, 2017 10:18:04 pm
      One more thing on today's game. Hats off to the crowd today. I had goosebumps for about half an hour listening to the Kop in full voice. More of that during the next home game, please!

Really? It was like a morgue today in there.

Few decent little bursts but until we scored I thought it was dung.

Crowd sounded strong on my broadcast as well, much better than last game.

Was in the main stand beside the away end but it was all Leicester fans chanting until the last half hour.

We didn’t really get vocal until we scored as WAHS mentioned.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #461: Dec 30, 2017 10:19:41 pm
      Difficult game for us to get into our flow like we have done in recent games.
      Leicester knocked it about quick and opened us up a few times with some slick passing which Milner and Can in the middle couldn't cope with.
      So much so that Milner had to "stop" Mahrez from advancing through and scoring what could've been their second after 8 minutes :roll: That yellow Milner picked up could've come back back and bit him on the ass throughout the rest of the game but he kept it together and grew stronger which was good to see and his back heel flick through for the winning goal was class.
      I have a love/hate thing with Can and today was no different..He wasn't commanding enough in that central role for me and often played either suicidal passes or just simply slowed down the momentum.
      Maybe that was Jurgens intention putting an ugly midfield in there today as opposed to playing Wijnaldum and Chamberlain for example.

Sadio Mane seems to be going through a bit of a bad patch these days, just seems to have lost his mojo.
      Although I'm certain he'll start against Burnley.
      Where-as the other Mojo (Salah) just gets better and better..World class finishes for both goals today.

Our fightback, commitment and determination was evident straight after they scored and you could almost smell the goals approaching...Loved it!

Play with that same attitude and I can see us doing Burnley on Monday.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #462: Dec 30, 2017 10:29:15 pm
      Can this Roux fellow keep possession better than Emre Can?

Without doubt
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #463: Dec 30, 2017 10:58:10 pm
      Two great goals by Salah...rides a tackle as well if not better than Michael Owen. Might have picked up a slight knock.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #464: Dec 30, 2017 10:59:01 pm
      Difficult game for us to get into our flow like we have done in recent games.
      Leicester knocked it about quick and opened us up a few times with some slick passing which Milner and Can in the middle couldn't cope with.
      So much so that Milner had to "stop" Mahrez from advancing through and scoring what could've been their second after 8 minutes :roll: That yellow Milner picked up could've come back back and bit him on the ass throughout the rest of the game but he kept it together and grew stronger which was good to see and his back heel flick through for the winning goal was class.
      I have a love/hate thing with Can and today was no different..He wasn't commanding enough in that central role for me and often played either suicidal passes or just simply slowed down the momentum.
      Maybe that was Jurgens intention putting an ugly midfield in there today as opposed to playing Wijnaldum and Chamberlain for example.

Sadio Mane seems to be going through a bit of a bad patch these days, just seems to have lost his mojo.
      Although I'm certain he'll start against Burnley.
      Where-as the other Mojo (Salah) just gets better and better..World class finishes for both goals today.

Our fightback, commitment and determination was evident straight after they scored and you could almost smell the goals approaching...Loved it!

Play with that same attitude and I can see us doing Burnley on Monday.

For all Sadio's critics of late, that back heel in the lead up to our equaliser was perfect. Fair play to him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #465: Dec 30, 2017 11:02:22 pm
      Was in the main stand beside the away end but it was all Leicester fans chanting until the last half hour.

No idea where the audio on my stream came from then. It was definitely Liverpool songs I could hear.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #466: Dec 30, 2017 11:02:53 pm
      Two great goals by Salah...rides a tackle as well if not better than Michael Owen. Might have picked up a slight knock.
      Loved the strength to hold off Maguire for the second.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #467: Dec 30, 2017 11:09:50 pm
      That has nothing to do with Karius being a weak goalkeeper that is not ready. But yes, Mig is a top20 goalie. It's just insane to think that a national goalkeeper for a football nation like Belgium isn't a top player.

Sorry mate but that is crap...

Neuer, Buffon, De Gea, Courtois, Lloris, Oblak, Navas, Casillas, Ederson, Reina, Zoet, Trapp, Alves, Leno, Schmeichael, Burki , Lopes, Horn, Donnarumma, Ter Stegan, Handanovic.

All of them are comfortably better than Mignolet.

That's just the ones off the top of my head and not even counting some people like Butland or any of the other decent keepers playing in England including Karius who is better.

To say he is a top 20 keeper is just laughable in my opinion, probably doesn't get into the top 40 especially if we start adding in the second choice keepers in the teams ranked higher than belgium  :f_tongueincheek:.

He is f**king sh*te and no amount of crazy scenarios people make up will change that fact.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #468: Dec 30, 2017 11:45:15 pm
      Liverpool just showed the fight we've longed for to come back from a losing position to win a game.
      Let's forget about the weird goalkeeper argument that has overtaken this thread and get back to the game.

On that note.

Great to see a pair of full backs able to bail out their centre backs.
      I don't mean that as a dig at the CB pairing but rather that we really don't see it very often and it was something that both Gomez and Robertson did well. (Matip pass to nowhere aside)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #469: Dec 30, 2017 11:51:32 pm
      Sorry mate but that is crap...

Neuer, Buffon, De Gea, Courtois, Lloris, Oblak, Navas, Casillas, Ederson, Reina, Zoet, Trapp, Alves, Leno, Schmeichael, Burki , Lopes, Horn, Donnarumma, Ter Stegan, Handanovic.

That's just the ones off the top of my head and not even counting some people like Butland or any of the other decent keepers playing in England including Karius who is better.

To say he is a top 20 keeper is just laughable in my opinion, probably doesn't get into the top 40 especially if we start adding in the second choice keepers in the teams ranked higher than belgium  :f_tongueincheek:.

He is f**king sh*te and no amount of crazy scenarios people make up will change that fact.

Don't bother. He's a blatant WUM.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #470: Dec 31, 2017 12:16:22 am
      Loved the strength to hold off Maguire for the second.

Made me laugh when the MOTD commentator said it was the first time Maguire had been beaten all game. He got the piss taken out of him all game long.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #471: Dec 31, 2017 12:50:37 am
      Without igniting a keeper debate again,
      loved the Karius early distribution for Salah's equaliser.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,345 posts | 2818 
      Reply #472: Dec 31, 2017 01:15:25 am
      Best bit about that was the atmosphere, quality to see Anfield back to what it can be. Not surprised we turned around a deficit.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #473: Dec 31, 2017 03:14:11 am
      Liverpool just showed the fight we've longed for to come back from a losing position to win a game.
      Let's forget about the weird goalkeeper argument that has overtaken this thread and get back to the game.

On that note.

Great to see a pair of full backs able to bail out their centre backs.
      I don't mean that as a dig at the CB pairing but rather that we really don't see it very often and it was something that both Gomez and Robertson did well. (Matip pass to nowhere aside)

Bingo. Both the fullbacks should get some votes for MOTM for bailing out Matip. Lovern was sound today, but both the youngsters bailed Joel out and saved us 3 points. I love both of them on this team. They are the type of players this club deserves, good young talented lads with room to grow. Well done FBs
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #474: Dec 31, 2017 03:37:26 am
      Very good performance from the third minute onwards, we showed determination and fought well against a team that are better than most in the league at defending and breaking quickly.

It looks like we have a left back - thought Robbo was very good again and just looks like a proper left back.

Not much more to say about Mo - it's a good job that he doesn't let a missed opportunity bother him, the sign of a real forward. I suppose it helps when you know another chance is just around the corner.

Thought Mane was better in the second half after he came inside a bit more, and a nice touch for the equaliser.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #475: Dec 31, 2017 04:06:08 am

Couldn't go today and I've only seen the highlights.

From what I've read, matip is taking most of the blame for the goal we conceded but there are 4 or 5 players involved here.

Robertson dribbles the ball infield and then plays a backwards pass to karius. Robertson is then in the CM position.

Karius casually takes a touch and passes to Matip who is already under a bit of pressure.

Matip try's to keep possession (when in hindsight he should have just got rid - even though it's not pretty) and plays a poor pass to Can.

Can however doesn't exactly help him, he doesn't show for the pass to begin with and he wasn't on his toes.

The ball falls to their man who puts mahrez in. Robertson is still tracking back at this point and is out of position.

The ball is squared to vardy and Matip is the wrong side of him.

Meanwhile Lovren is just in a world of his own tracking back as slowly as he likes.

Very piss poor goal to concede and one we've seen far too many times over recent years. Even though we won today, we won't win a thing until we tighten up at the back good and proper. We got away with it today but we can't always rely on our attack to bail us out. One day they'll have an off day and they won't score 2 or 3.

Anyway. Get that negative out of the way - its just frustrating that we see the same type of sh*te week in week out when it comes to conceding goals. Very rarely does a team open us up with a good team move. We just constantly gift goals away by stupidity.

So we then went on to play some great football as usual. Some sublime moves and two great goals from Mo. Our attack is just electric and Mo gets better and better. 22 goals now (I think) before January, those are unreal stats for a winger.

To come from a goal behind to win 2-1 against a very good side is impressive. As others said it could have, and perhaps should have, been much more too.

It wasn't that long ago we would have folded with our heads down but this squad of players are now starting to show, as Brendan would say, some character.

United must be shitting themselves with us on their tails. Let's hunt them down reds!

Very good win, well done reds.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #476: Dec 31, 2017 08:04:22 am
      Salah MOTM without a doubt. He misses sitters but he's on a high confidence that won't let him think about the missed chances. He took his goals brilliantly. Mane's assist was nice as well. Mane played better.

Matip and Can were responsible for their goal but I think they were still cold. We need to keep pushing, Manure are there to be taken.

I'm know I would be slaughtered for this but I would rest Salah for Burnley because we have still many games to play. He got a knock and Burnley's game is too close.

Alex is pushing for a starting place and he will have one on Monday.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #477: Dec 31, 2017 08:12:12 am
      Salah MOTM without a doubt. He misses sitters but he's on a high confidence that won't let him think about the missed chances. He took his goals brilliantly. Mane's assist was nice as well. Mane played better.

Matip and Can were responsible for their goal but I think they were still cold. We need to keep pushing, Manure are there to be taken.

I'm know I would be slaughtered for this but I would rest Salah for Burnley because we have still many games to play. He got a knock and Burnley's game is too close.

Alex is pushing for a starting place and he will have one on Monday.
      I agree mate.

We shouldn’t be depending on one player anyway. Mane on the right, Coutinho on the left. I remember some of the goals Mane scored from the right side last season and have to wonder whether that will make a difference.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #478: Dec 31, 2017 08:59:25 am
      I agree mate.

We shouldn’t be depending on one player anyway. Mane on the right, Coutinho on the left. I remember some of the goals Mane scored from the right side last season and have to wonder whether that will make a difference.

We all know that Mane is better on the right but not as effective as Salah. As I said, I would rest Salah and play Mane there.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #479: Dec 31, 2017 09:26:42 am

Was beginning to think I was in my own bubble as I was on the wallop til half 4 of the morning of the game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #480: Dec 31, 2017 10:11:58 am

United must be shitting themselves with us on their tails. Let's hunt them down reds!

Who gives a sh*t about them fuckers.

They are a spent force and just the next hurdle to be obliterated on our relentless climb upwards.
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2017 10:16:13 am by stuey »
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #481: Dec 31, 2017 11:20:41 am

You just toss around names. I would not challenge you on Neuer, DeGea and Courtois, but the rest is debateable. How do we determine that Mig is worse than them? Forget about stats because any performance is determined heavily by the team a goalkeeper plays. Have fun watching Buffon with our defense. Burki? He plays for Dortmund and just had some rough weeks...and I mean pretty rough, but then again Dortmund's defense is as sh*t as ours, so who knows.

Simon is a good keeper, he's more than enough for us to build a dynasty, but not if you treat him like Klopp and expect him to perform at a high level. Shame on Klopp. He did this b*llsh*t with Weidenfeller/Burki already when he was in Dortmund, the same sneakyness.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #482: Dec 31, 2017 11:36:20 am
      Simon is a good keeper, he's more than enough for us to build a dynasty

You have to be kidding mate, unless it's the Dynasty with the shoulder pads and the Carringtons

Quick Reply