Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (0.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      74 (52.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      58 (41.4%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (2.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Voting closed: Jan 09, 2018 09:56:41 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30902 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 05, 2018 11:48:15 pm
      I thought the same about Milners penalty the first time, look at the replay again. Their keeper, Pickle or whatever his name is, was rolling around in the floor and Milner took the safest option.

The safest option being putting the valle in the back of the net you mean?

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #691: Jan 05, 2018 11:58:04 pm
      As an aside to the Milner penalty debate, he has never lost in a game were he missed a penalty.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #692: Jan 06, 2018 12:01:52 am
      What did your mom think about that?
      Haha funny fuckers 🤣
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #693: Jan 06, 2018 12:03:41 am
      Holgate claimed he was racially abused by Firmino. Too bad the f**ker will be exposed as a liar as it was caught on camera what Bobby said to him.
      Knows he fu**ed up with that push so plays the racism card, shocking!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #694: Jan 06, 2018 12:12:23 am
      Holgate claimed he was racially abused by Firmino. Too bad the f**ker will be exposed as a liar as it was caught on camera what Bobby said to him.

He deleted his twitter after a few tweets with homophobic remarks were dug up by Liverpool fans
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #695: Jan 06, 2018 12:15:05 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You could see it coming a mile off. The panel were probably holding the half time sh*t in the Everton dressing room.

Or they got big Sam on his Bluetooth and said play the racism card lads or he's fu**ed.

It was embarrassing, has he said something, has he spat at him.

They are virtually the same colour FFS not that it matters.

It's unbelievable Jeff!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #696: Jan 06, 2018 12:17:22 am

How on earth did he not even get a yellow card for that shove.
      Oh and the pundits were all tw*ts, especially Shearer moaning about the penalty being soft when he'd earlier said the pen against Lovren was 100% correct, great player but c**t of a person is Shearer.
      Oh and awesome debut from Vvd.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #697: Jan 06, 2018 12:17:39 am
      He deleted his twitter after a few tweets with homophobic remarks were dug up by Liverpool fans

He said to a team mate that Bobby threw the N word at him. Which he's obviously lying because no other player who was there reacted, the ref was in the middle of them both and didn't hear it or he'd have sent Bobby off I expect. Bobby's English isn't good either so in the heat of the moment like that, he isn't going to be able to say much in English at all. He was, speaking Portuguese, as clearly seen on the tele and has since been stated what he said by Diego.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 1090 
      Reply #698: Jan 06, 2018 12:22:24 am
      For all the crap FSG has gotten, let’s give them some credit on allowing Klopp and LFC go out and get the 3 boys who were affected the game with their pure class tonight. Robbo, VVD, and the Ox ran that sh*t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #699: Jan 06, 2018 12:22:27 am
      How on earth did he not even get a yellow card for that shove.

Well, you can get booked and even sent off in Sterling's case, for celebrating a goal but apparently it's perfectly fine to push a player from behind, into the crowd.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #700: Jan 06, 2018 12:27:40 am
      Absolutely sensational allegation Holgate has made. More so when Firmino had the ear of the referee the whole time and was shouting to him in Portugese.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 12:32:24 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #701: Jan 06, 2018 12:27:45 am
      Just caught up with the match bloody friends meal out, why arrange on a match night!

Thought we were pretty dire overall in some sort of post Christmas stupor knowing the next bank holiday us not until Easter all a bit odd.

Strange that Holgate lad doing the hard boy act waiting for his team mates to arrive and then suddenly he is a tough guy!

It was written that Virgil would score the winner.

Can what a complete shithouse on the Everton goal ambling back as if there is no danger despite having seen Jagielka bomb past him suddenly realises Gylfyi is bombing past him and puts in a half hearted sprint.
      That From our DM, he can F**k of to Juve I will drive him to the airport.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #702: Jan 06, 2018 12:31:04 am
      GET THE F**k IN!!! Hahahahahah F**k off blueshite.

Is Alan shearer on smack? He talks about their penalty being a stonewall one a few weeks ago but then says ours was never a penalty in a million years? F**k off you bald egg head.

That fat gravy swigging allardyce c**t said at the time that theirs was a penalty because Lovren had his arms up in the box on DCL which risks giving a foul away. Well holgate was all over Lallana so it's a F***ing penalty to us too and you've been struck by karma you gang of tw*ts.

I was happy with the starting 11. It was probably the best team we could have put out but I was surprised to see VVD start. Couldn't wait to see him.

The game itself was dreadful to be honest. Everton played a little bit more football than what they did a couple of weeks ago but they were still defending in numbers and making it very difficult for us to play.

I don't think we helped ourselves though. We didn't move the ball well and we were sluggish and slow in possession I thought. The partnership of milner and Can is dire and shouldn't be played ever again.

I'm F***ing made up we got a dodgy penalty after what happened the other week but I was more pleased because I didn't know where our goal would come from before that. Apart from a couple of shots that mane spooned I don't remember us having a go or troubling Pickford in any way.

Second half was pretty much the same. We had all of the ball but didn't look like doing anything with it. We weren't getting at their back four or testing Pickford.

They caught us on the counter which was a very good goal it has to be said and so unlike us to concede such a goal. How the F**k does phil jagielka run the length of the pitch without being tracked?

Then the winning goal was a brilliant corner from Ox. The best ball I've seen one of our players deliver from a corner in a decade probably. It's not hard is it? Just beat the first man and put the ball somewhere round the edge of the six yard box and it's so difficult to defend. And there was big Virgil to nut in on his debut. Great goal and the game won.

That's two games on the trot now where we haven't been anywhere near our best, playing against stubborn yard dog teams who weren't interested in playing football in any way but instead out to frustrate us and trying to stop us playing and we've won both games. This team needed to learn how to win ugly and they've done that the last two games.

I'm F***ing so happy we've beat them. F***ing hate them. Horrible gang of shithouses. I never, ever, EVER get bored of seeing us put them back in their place - in our F***ing shadow. Add another year onto your long trophyless run you F***ing cu*ts.

Couple of special mentions. First to Robertson who I thought was exceptional. He was the best player on the pitch tonight and if it wasn't for VVD making his debut and scoring the winner, in a Derby of all games, then he would have been the clear motm.

I thought VVD was immense too. So calm on the ball. Won pretty much everything and obviously scored the winner too. He settled in perfectly.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #703: Jan 06, 2018 12:31:58 am
      He said to a team mate that Bobby threw the N word at him. Which he's obviously lying because no other player who was there reacted, the ref was in the middle of them both and didn't hear it or he'd have sent Bobby off I expect. Bobby's English isn't good either so in the heat of the moment like that, he isn't going to be able to say much in English at all. He was, speaking Portuguese, as clearly seen on the tele and has since been stated what he said by Diego.

Absolutely spot on, the ref was standing inbetween them when something racist was supposedly said by Firmino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sNO4wuFGTk

I hope Holgate gets an 8 game+ ban for his lies.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #704: Jan 06, 2018 12:34:18 am
      I'm now convinced that TAA is better option then Gomez. Couldn't believe how many times he gave the ball away either trying to play it up field or from his throw ins that went to none of our players. Even his deft little knock ups of the ball up the pitch were heavy. Totally different to when TAA came on.

Lallana looked very rusty, can't wait till he finds his touch.

Thought Robbo was MOTM and finally, made up for VVD....what a start to your Liverpool career.

Sucked in you Bitter cu*ts. They will be even more bitter when they wake in the morning!!!!

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #705: Jan 06, 2018 01:47:41 am
      Holgate deleting his twitter because liverpool fans have dug up old tweets of him calling people Fags, Faggots, batty boys and cock munchers.

Unluckyyyy
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #706: Jan 06, 2018 02:57:53 am
      Not the best game, but we played pretty well and deserved the win.  Great start for VVD and hopefully he will settle in pretty quickly.

Ox is beginning to really look like a Klopp player, and it is great to see Lallana back - I love his first touch and the way he moves the ball.

Robbo is also fitting in nicely.

Will be interesting to see any development on the Bobby incident.  How that didn't merit a booking I don't know - it was reckless and could have been a lot worse.  From the translations I have seen  "son of a bi*ch" seems pretty tame considering.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 2810 
      Reply #707: Jan 06, 2018 02:58:07 am
      It’s interesting in football that a two footed lunge that doesn’t make contact gets a red yet a push that throws a player into a crowd gets f**k all. Anyway, there’s absolutely no doubt that Bobby said something that he really shouldn’t have so best to move on.

Awful performance, amazing win. Let’s go again.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #708: Jan 06, 2018 03:36:09 am
      I thought we should of buried Everton in the first half but all that matters is we beat the bas**rds and sent Big Fat Sam back across Stanley Park with F**k all.Andy Robertson had an excellent game and is proving what Al has said about him all season that he is the goods.Well done Virgil for scoring on your debut.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #709: Jan 06, 2018 03:51:49 am
      It’s interesting in football that a two footed lunge that doesn’t make contact gets a red yet a push that throws a player into a crowd gets f**k all. Anyway, there’s absolutely no doubt that Bobby said something that he really shouldn’t have so best to move on.

What? Bobby called him a bi*ch in Portuguese.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #710: Jan 06, 2018 03:57:06 am

I think everyone was expecting Holgate to get a red card and his marching orders,he certainly deserved a red.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #711: Jan 06, 2018 04:08:19 am
      That was a fun ending.

Holgate is a minge and VVD is a boss.

Robbo was my MOTM. Absolutely loving him so far. Would love to see how he goes against the better teams, though.

Evertonians absolutely off themselves on Twitter :D Great entertainment.
      TorontoRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #712: Jan 06, 2018 04:16:31 am
      Just finished watching the game. Buzzing, what a fairy tale start for our new number 4.

Not a great performance but for the third game in a row, we've come with a late winner. Exactly what most of us were asking for in the past few months so I'm loving it.

-Thought Karius was underwhelming. Slow off his line, bottled an easy aerial ball. Stationary on the goal... Only positive from that is that it will only reinforce FSg/Klopp's willingness to find something proper for next season. 5
      -Gomes had a great first half I thought but progressively lost composure as the 2nd half. 6
      -Matip played well I reckon, didn't put a foot wrong and I liked his grounded and no non-sense approach to pairing with Van Dijk (who is more proactive). 7
      -Van Dijk gave us a taste of what his presence could bring to the team. Composure, Aggressive defending, Commanding, Leading and ....of course, scoring the winner in front of the cup. As a side note, loved seeing the camera zoom in on the number 4 before each corner the way they used to do with Sami back in the day. What a moment though! 7.5
      - Robbo MOTM for me. Made Bolasie look like an 8 year old. Start to finish, he was outstanding defensively and offensively. I loved the pace, the commitment and the motor on this lad. Fantastic performance. 9
      - Milner had a great first half, by far our best midfielder and contributed both defensively and offensively. would give him an 8 for the 1st but he lost steam and purpose in the second. No wrong done on the whole though and took his penalty. 7
      - Can was our worst mid player on the night. Typical of his inconsistency. Seemed unsure of himself and looked like a headless chicken at times. Didn't jeopardize our back 4 though and still ran a bunch. 6
      - OX offered another solid performance. Not his best game for us but still quite a valiant effort. Pushed forward and never ran out of steam. Great ball for Lallana which should have been a goal. His free kicks and corners were spot on all night and rewarded with the assist for the winner.
      -Mane was got into the game progressively. Thought he was poor at times in the first half but contributed a lot in the second. Not his best game but he's just trying to find his form and is returning from a long flight. 7
      - Adam I thought was lost in the first half. He had a spell at the end of the first and a little in the second in which he came to life but it is clear that he's only playing at 60% of his capacity. It will come with time I'm sure which will be especially important whenever Couts leaves.
      - Bobby had a good game although not his best. Pressed the ball, had some nice touches and contributed to most of our attacking play. 7

Winni - Did well when he came on, broughts loads of energy on both ends of the pitch - 7
      Solanke - Didn't have much to do. Nothing dramatically good or bad - 6
      TAA - Again, brought energy on both sides of our game and was a fresh presence - 7

Spot on subs by Klopp. Couldn't have managed the game better with what he had at his disposition. Deserves credit.
      That little f*** should have gotten a red in my opinion and credit to Bobby for not swinging at him.

Only small negative, asides from an average performance, is the opportunity Bolasie was allowed in stoppage time. Had he passed it to sigerson, it could have been another frustrating night. We can't allow ourselves to be so open with 2 minutes left to play in such a situation.

ANyhow, buzzing. Good night fellow reds and onwards!

Quick Reply