Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Firmino and Holgate

Read 46765 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Firmino and Holgate
      Jan 06, 2018 12:55:27 am
      Racism thing all bollocks then?

Got to be a joke about Holgate and Colgate with Firmino involved in there somewhere.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #1: Jan 06, 2018 04:49:03 am
      Racism thing all bollocks then?

Got to be a joke about Holgate and Colgate with Firmino involved in there somewhere.

does anyone know what he said? The Express has an article all about it must be racism, with not even a shred of proof other than Holgate got mad and all these tweets from who knows who saying "I bet it was Spanish racism" from our Portugese-speaking player.

Look, if Bobby did say something racist he's going to pay the penalty, but i thought the result of the whole thing was going to be Holgate sent off. How he doesn't even get booked is hard to fathom.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2: Jan 06, 2018 04:53:59 am
      does anyone know what he said? The Express has an article all about it must be racism, with not even a shred of proof other than Holgate got mad and all these tweets from who knows who saying "I bet it was Spanish racism" from our Portugese-speaking player.

Look, if Bobby did say something racist he's going to pay the penalty, but i thought the result of the whole thing was going to be Holgate sent off. How he doesn't even get booked is hard to fathom.

From the little lip reading I can do, it appeared that Bobby said something likely in Portuguese. Also, the w*nk ref was standing literally  right beside Bobby when Holgate cried wolf so I'd imagine he would have heard anything as serious as Holgate is claiming. Hope Holgate gets punished for crying wolf. Should have been off anyway. Should have been a yellow for the pen and then another yellow for pushing Bobby. How he escaped a sending off is criminal.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3: Jan 06, 2018 04:54:20 am

Twitter has loads of folk saying he said in Portuguese “are you crazy? Are you crazy? You son of a bi*ch/whore “
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #4: Jan 06, 2018 05:19:24 am

Twitter has loads of folk saying he said in Portuguese “are you crazy? Are you crazy? You son of a bi*ch/whore “

Diego translated it to these exact words on the match day thread. When did Colgate and the ref become experts in Portuguese? As if we needed it at this point in time.

More nonsense...
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5: Jan 06, 2018 05:34:13 am
      From the little lip reading I can do, it appeared that Bobby said something likely in Portuguese. Also, the w*nk ref was standing literally  right beside Bobby when Holgate cried wolf so I'd imagine he would have heard anything as serious as Holgate is claiming. Hope Holgate gets punished for crying wolf. Should have been off anyway. Should have been a yellow for the pen and then another yellow for pushing Bobby. How he escaped a sending off is criminal.

Yeah I did not know Portuguese and Spanish were so similar...the words that came out of his mouth were loco puta...which down here on the Mexican border means crazy bi*ch...or in scouse the proverbial crazy c**t....nothing racist about that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2018 05:35:09 am
      Diego translated it to these exact words on the match day thread. When did Colgate and the ref become experts in Portuguese? As if we needed it at this point in time.

More nonsense...

The puta word (in Spanish anyway) can be tricky, depending on the context. When you hear South American or Mexican crowds yelling it on every goal kick, it's been explained to me by South Americans that the context is an anti-gay slur. On the other hand, if he called him an SOB, that is something else entirely.

Hoping for the truth to win out here as it would be awful for someone to be suspended just because of how serious an accusation is (and not because the accusation is proven).

But that shove into the stand...that's an open and shut case for a suspension.

BTW, Martin Tyler did make it clear there was no spit in that bustup, and said later the reason the 4th official got involved was that a member of the medical team (I think Everton's) was sent to the stand afterward.

One o ther thing, a question: When it all broke out, Tom Davies, wearing his sub bib, ran onto the park. Isn't that a sending off as well?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7: Jan 06, 2018 05:37:59 am
      The puta word (in Spanish anyway) can be tricky, depending on the context. When you hear South American or Mexican crowds yelling it on every goal kick, it's been explained to me by South Americans that the context is an anti-gay slur. On the other hand, if he called him an SOB, that is something else entirely.

Pussy, c**t, whore... probably the most used swear word in Spanish... nothing racist about it whatsoever.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: Jan 06, 2018 05:48:08 am
      I was working when this match was on and still am, so I've been trying to catch up on this news story in increments as the day has gone on - the consensus seems to be 'Puta' was the word used? Diego would be the best authority we have here for lip-reading that one I think, but if it was indeed 'Puta' (which I can honestly imagine a fiery Bobby saying it :D ) then this is defo a storm in a teacup and if Holgate continues his little crusade, he can go f**k himself. Just admit you had a sh*t night and move on ya c**t, don't drag our Bobby down with ya.

EDIT:

There was nothing racist about what Firmino said whatsoever

He shouted

ARE YOU CRAZY? ARE YOU CRAZY? SON OF A bi*ch!

It was very clear. It made me laugh out loud.

Top stuff  :D
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 05:52:40 am by bigvYNWA »
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #9: Jan 06, 2018 06:52:55 am

Hoping for the truth to win out here as it would be awful for someone to be suspended just because of how serious an accusation is (and not because the accusation is proven).

BTW, Martin Tyler did make it clear there was no spit in that bustup, and said later the reason the 4th official got involved was that a member of the medical team (I think Everton's) was sent to the stand afterward.

One o ther thing, a question: When it all broke out, Tom Davies, wearing his sub bib, ran onto the park. Isn't that a sending off as well?

To be fair to fat Sam, he didn't add any fuel to the fire. Holgate clearly was a little rattled when Bobby went charging at him. I thought the ref was going to send Holgate off. If this was Holgate's attempt at not getting sent off, it is really a dirty trick.

I hope they investigate this impartially unlike the Terry incident and clear Bobby of all charges as it looks like an open and shut case. And, the club should take Holgate to task after the charges are cleared.

Madley's report is critical to how this investigation is going to proceed.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Jan 06, 2018 07:03:08 am

He said  'loco' and 'filha du puto' according to Dailymail. I do not know Portuguese but I'm Maltese and our language is influenced from Arabic, English and Italian. In Italian, Figlio di puttana and in Portuguese it means for 'son of a bi*ch'.

'Loco' means crazy.

For me, he said nothing serious. He did not say anything racially or anti-gay. Holgate deserved much much more than that.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #11: Jan 06, 2018 08:42:01 am
      Absolute non-story. Don’t know how many times I’ve seen South Americans mouth ‘puta’ when fired up. Seems to be the go to word for them, much like ‘c**t’ up here in Scotland.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #12: Jan 06, 2018 09:05:29 am
      Absolute non-story. Don’t know how many times I’ve seen South Americans mouth ‘puta’ when fired up. Seems to be the go to word for them, much like ‘c**t’ up here in Scotland.

Exactly, every country has the common swear words that are on the tongues of people. He said nothing out of this world as I already explained.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Jan 06, 2018 09:23:39 am
      Exactly, every country has the common swear words that are on the tongues of people. He said nothing out of this world as I already explained.

And if he's really getting his panties in a twist over being called a bi*ch/c**t/puta whatever after assaulting Firmino, the little F***ing c**t ass bi*ch needs to grow the F**k up.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #14: Jan 06, 2018 09:26:47 am
      And if he's really getting his panties in a twist over being called a bi*ch/c**t/puta whatever after assaulting Firmino, the little F***ing c**t ass bi*ch needs to grow the F**k up.

I think he is illiterate and thought he was offended racially but F**k NO!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #15: Jan 06, 2018 09:40:44 am
      He said  'loco' and 'filha du puto' according to Dailymail. I do not know Portuguese but I'm Maltese and our language is influenced from Arabic, English and Italian. In Italian, Figlio di puttana and in Portuguese it means for 'son of a bi*ch'.

'Loco' means crazy.

For me, he said nothing serious. He did not say anything racially or anti-gay. Holgate deserved much much more than that.

Firmino said: "TU TA LOUCO? TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!" Which translates to: "You're crazy You're crazy SON OF A bi*ch!"
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: Jan 06, 2018 09:41:46 am

And the slow motion for vvd's goal shows holgate giving matip a push as the ball comes over
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #17: Jan 06, 2018 10:05:30 am
      And the slow motion for vvd's goal shows holgate giving matip a push as the ball comes over

https://twitter.com/Liddellpool/status/949395428721774592

At the end of the clip, Matip boots Holgate in his face after his push >:D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Jan 06, 2018 10:08:27 am
      I think he is illiterate and thought he was offended racially but f**k NO!

I can imagine he just heard the 'AH' sound at the end and his vindictive mind put the rest together. Can even see a pause before he suddenly reacts. I can only hope he wakes up, realises he fu**ed up, and retracts. Otherwise the c**t deserves a ban for crying wolf like a little PUTA.

I mean sh*t, he'd just given a penalty away, just shoved Firmino - the c**t was having a bad spell, no wonder he saw red and decided to cry racist as well. Just a sh*t c**t person thing to do.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #19: Jan 06, 2018 10:15:01 am
      It didn't take an expert to work out the "puta" bit. Can't believe the crap in the papers this morning about possible racial abuse. Holgate is just a little man child and was acting like a bi*ch.

Hope he gets a match ban for the push, that was risking injury just as much as a bad tackle, and was completely unnecessary.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #20: Jan 06, 2018 10:21:40 am
      It’s clear to see he said Puta... if this comes out in Firminos favour which it should that little thing should be banned for the amount of time youd get these days for the racist act you’re accusing... plus what was pretty much assault on Firmino 😤
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21: Jan 06, 2018 11:58:58 am

Racism or not (and I do believe for one second it was. what could Firmino, one black man say to Holgate, another black man that could cause offence...? You'r not as dark as me...?)

The young man (Holgate) was embarrassed because he gave away a soft penalty, then got further embarrassed because  Firmino picked his pocket in such a tight area, and then held him off of the ball to go out of play,he then reacted before realizing what he had done, and only when his team mates pulled him away did it sink in and he started looking for excuses to save his own arse... He spat at me... He racially abused me...

The FA needs to show some balls and leadership and give the young lad a three match band for violence conduct

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #22: Jan 06, 2018 12:35:37 pm
      Racism or not (and I do believe for one second it was. what could Firmino, one black man say to Holgate, another black man that could cause offence...? You'r not as dark as me...?)

The young man (Holgate) was embarrassed because he gave away a soft penalty, then got further embarrassed because  Firmino picked his pocket in such a tight area, and then held him off of the ball to go out of play,he then reacted before realizing what he had done, and only when his team mates pulled him away did it sink in and he started looking for excuses to save his own arse... He spat at me... He racially abused me...

The FA needs to show some balls and leadership and give the young lad a three match band for violence conduct

Holgate most certainly was wound up about some sh*t.
      The way he pushed our man over the barrier yards beyond the touchline was crazy, imagine somebody doing a similar thing to yourself for instance - the first reaction would be 'what the F**k are you on you F***ing lunatic' which presumably Firmino uttered on confronting the madman.
      Absolutely justified with no explanation required.

Quick Reply