Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Firmino and Holgate

Read 47334 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #115: Jan 08, 2018 01:33:32 pm
      And maki
      That is indeed case closed, he was standing right there and if he didn't hear it then it wasn't said and we can move onto punishing Holgate for violent conduct and endangering spectators.

And making false racist assertions 😕
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #116: Jan 08, 2018 05:02:18 pm
      Honestly, if I was Bobby I would just f**king throw the same complain back and say he threw a racial slur at me and pushed me off the field. They are the same f**king skin tone, its absolutely stupid ! I hate that bitter c**t so much ! It's so obvious he Holgate knew he was in trouble after pushing Bobby and then came up with the best 'he started it' scenario to save his ass !
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #117: Jan 08, 2018 05:54:15 pm
      The moral of the story is Firmino should have kept his mouth shut and just lamped him straight in the chops.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #118: Jan 08, 2018 09:24:38 pm
      True but we don't use "puto" with that meaning in Brazil - we actually find it quite funny when we hear it being used in Portugal ;D

hahaha my wife is Brazilian and i can still see the faces of her family when i spoke those words hahahahaha
      Kopite78
      Reply #119: Jan 08, 2018 09:26:19 pm
      I thought we'd hear pretty quickly on this.

Should have been priority one this morning for them. How long does it take to read a referees report and make 3 or 4 phone calls

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #120: Jan 09, 2018 03:12:49 am
      I thought we'd hear pretty quickly on this.

Should have been priority one this morning for them. How long does it take to read a referees report and make 3 or 4 phone calls
      By waiting until the last minute, the FA can give the least amount of time to deal with a suspension.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #121: Jan 09, 2018 08:41:15 am
      Wasnt the ref's report due yesterday ?

seems unusual for it to be so quiet on the news front about it.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #122: Jan 09, 2018 11:04:13 am
      Seen and heard a lot of people suggesting that Holgate fabricated this whole situation as a means to save himself from getting sent off.

Sorry, but I think that’s absolute bollocks. He either misheard or misunderstood what Firmino said. Let’s put that to bed.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #123: Jan 09, 2018 11:28:03 am
      Seen and heard a lot of people suggesting that Holgate fabricated this whole situation as a means to save himself from getting sent off.

Sorry, but I think that’s absolute bollocks. He either misheard or misunderstood what Firmino said. Let’s put that to bed.

No... to accuse somebody of racism when he wasn't sure what was said, is totally inexcusable. The little prat was upset giving away a stupid penalty and then manhandling Firmino into the stands. Either way he should be banned for at least three games. More if is proven that he misunderstood what was said, and then falsley accused Firmino.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #124: Jan 09, 2018 11:41:21 am
      hahaha my wife is Brazilian and i can still see the faces of her family when i spoke those words hahahahaha

Hahaha I can imagine.
      I am in Portugal at the moment and this is one of the words you guys use that still make me smile.
      I like "miúdos" though! ;D
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #125: Jan 09, 2018 11:43:57 am
      I wonder what Shrek was saying, after the incident, to his team mates when he talked to them with his hand hiding his mouth. Probably "tell them you heard him say it"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #126: Jan 09, 2018 11:49:09 am

Sorry but to accuse someone of racism you need to be 100%, beyond any doubt,  sure of what you heard otherwise its a slap in the face of all people who have genuinely suffered racism and cheapens the fight and struggle against racism, it is a despicable thing to do.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #127: Jan 09, 2018 12:04:35 pm
      Let's not get distracted from the incident because of what Bobby has allegedly said.. The hellgate fellow pushed Bobby so hard  and Bobby could have had a head , shoulder, leg fracture or even go blind. That idiot wasn't even given a yellow card shows how useless is the referee. It is beyond embarrassment. Looks like the referee is promoting violence.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #128: Jan 09, 2018 01:46:53 pm
      Let's not get distracted from the incident because of what Bobby has allegedly said.. The hellgate fellow pushed Bobby so hard  and Bobby could have had a head , shoulder, leg fracture or even go blind. That idiot wasn't even given a yellow card shows how useless is the referee. It is beyond embarrassment. Looks like the referee is promoting violence.

Isn't there also an issue that by shoving Firminio he risked the health of some of the Liverpool supporters who he landed on?
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #129: Jan 09, 2018 02:28:44 pm
      As I understood it, the FA were due to decide today if any charge was to be made, if so, the player had until tomorrow at 6pm to make his case, then case heard Thursday! I really thought we’d have heard by now, in fact when I heard there was breaking news from the FA, I thought this is it! No, it was about how they will go about choosing the next England manager! Is it any wonder people think they are totally out of touch and not fit for purpose. I wouldn’t trust them to pick a polo mint out of a tin full of roses chocolates!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #130: Jan 09, 2018 05:45:52 pm
      Gotta agree with some of posts here. Accusing somebody of racism shouldnt be taken lightly. If there is evidence that the accuser is lying then there should be a severe punishment.
      players found guilty of racist comments have to live with that rest if their lives. So hope fa come out and do the right thing. Punish that Colgate w**ker
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #131: Jan 09, 2018 06:02:46 pm
      There is zero chance of holgate being done for making false allegations,  anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #132: Jan 09, 2018 06:31:13 pm
      There is zero chance of holgate being done for making false allegations,  anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves

I agree 100%, the only way that would happen would be if Holgate admitted he lied to divert attention from his dangerous push! The chances of that happening are so remote that it’s not even worth considering!

3rdJune1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #133: Jan 09, 2018 07:25:53 pm
      Gotta agree with some of posts here. Accusing somebody of racism shouldnt be taken lightly. If there is evidence that the accuser is lying then there should be a severe punishment.
      players found guilty of racist comments have to live with that rest if their lives. So hope fa come out and do the right thing. Punish that Colgate w**ker

There's a difference between accusing someone maliciously, which would be virtually impossible to prove and therefore punish without him admitting it which aint going to happen and him believing he heard one thing which was actually just an error especially when you are dealing with different languages in a highly charged arena.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #134: Jan 09, 2018 08:42:39 pm
      Hahaha I can imagine.
      I am in Portugal at the moment and this is one of the words you guys use that still make me smile.
      I like "miúdos" though! ;D
      I am just glad he didn't call him Colgate.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #135: Jan 09, 2018 10:03:50 pm
      How can you accuse someone of being racist, and I’m assuming here, Holgate doesn’t speak a word of Portuguese? If he doesn’t understand, he can’t imply. To do so is dangerously ignorant and vindictive...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #136: Jan 09, 2018 10:46:27 pm
      If Bob is innocent, then Holgate is guilty.

Ban.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #137: Jan 09, 2018 11:33:14 pm
      Being reported that the Ref's report indicated there was nothing racial said by Firmino.

Quick Reply