Trending Topics

Firmino and Holgate

Read 47519 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #161: Jan 10, 2018 11:01:59 am
      I do not even wanna waste time trying to figure out what Bobby said but I'm dead sure I saw that push was done with a malicious intent. 5 match ban for that idiot trying to get Bobby injured. End of.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #162: Jan 10, 2018 11:31:01 am
      Seems Holgate is under investigation himself for Homophobic tweets made on his Social Media, and could face a ban. Nonetheless, how long does it take to wrap this up? All the FA have to do is speak to those within earshot of Firmino and ask them what they heard. This should have been concluded by now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #163: Jan 10, 2018 11:43:03 am
      Seems Holgate is under investigation himself for Homophobic tweets made on his Social Media, and could face a ban. Nonetheless, how long does it take to wrap this up? All the FA have to do is speak to those within earshot of Firmino and ask them what they heard. This should have been concluded by now.

It's almost as if they want to endless chat about incidents that the media thrive on these days.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #164: Jan 10, 2018 12:06:09 pm
      Given the ref report was due in 2 days, the FA are cutting it fine to charge Bobby by 6pm (which i believe is the cut-off time)

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #165: Jan 10, 2018 12:14:28 pm
      Given the ref report was due in 2 days, the FA are cutting it fine to charge Bobby by 6pm (which i believe is the cut-off time)

We are talking about the fa, making it up as they go along as usual
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #166: Jan 10, 2018 12:58:12 pm
      How can the FA charge Firmino. There is no evidence, other than Holgate's claim. The Ref, as I pointed out,said he heard nothing of a racist nature. How can the FA justify bringing such a controversial contentious charge against an individual without clear corroborated evidence.

The FA should realise that this issue extends beyond football. Racism is hate crime and is illegal. But during the Suarez affair the club said the FA were determined to charge Suarez. I very much doubt Suarez was happy with the club or the outcome.

The FA, even tho Suarez was not charged by the Police, said Suarez " Had damaged the image of English football around the world".

So this incident between Holgate and Firmino in extremely sensitive and LFC fans clearly do not trust the FA to be impartial.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #167: Jan 10, 2018 01:09:29 pm
      Wow for once I agree with you on something, of course this was not meant in a racist way unless H&M have a desire to lose customers and money. A Swedish company would quite simply not know the old racist link between monkey and black person as that is a reference from more than 20-30 years ago, I mean is it ever used as an insult these days??

People really need to stop taking offense so easily these days, its becoming absurd and is stifling free speech and opinion.

Bananas on a football pitch (first two football, last one Australian football) - all in the last few years. That Aussie Rules one was a fan of my team, throwing a banana against an indigenous player of our most fierce rival. Just to show I do have some objectivity here.

While I do agree with the sentiment that "RACIST!" can't be thrown around flippantly, equally I vehemently disagree with your assertion that it isn't an issue. I don't know the specific ad you're talking about being in Australia, but even a f**king dumb c**t living under a rock should know the obvious racist connotations of monkeys and people of colour, if that is the issue. Saying that a major company can't know is ridiculous - people are literally paid to do that job. It's just plain negligence.

I suggest having a read of Rhian Brewsters account of the issue of racism if you're of the belief it ain't around much. For the record, I think Bobby is innocent here - but if he uttered n****r even in the heat of the moment he deserves a ban, that simple. There's no excuse for racism, ever. But I do truly believe Firmino is 1) innocent, and did the same thing I would do - shout the c**t down simply by calling him a bi*ch (I would have said worse :D ) 2) That all the evidence points towards nothing being heard by anyone else, ref and players alike, & 3) Either Holgate misheard and in the heat of the moment cried racist, or he is a devilish c**t and fabricated in the moment. Either way, he's the only one that should be copping a ban - for the push alone, let alone the afters.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #168: Jan 10, 2018 01:23:21 pm
      How can the FA charge Firmino. There is no evidence, other than Holgate's claim.

Answer:

We are talking about the fa, making it up as they go along as usual
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #169: Jan 10, 2018 01:30:59 pm

Bananas on a football pitch (first two football, last one Australian football) - all in the last few years. That Aussie Rules one was a fan of my team, throwing a banana against an indigenous player of our most fierce rival. Just to show I do have some objectivity here.

While I do agree with the sentiment that "RACIST!" can't be thrown around flippantly, equally I vehemently disagree with your assertion that it isn't an issue. I don't know the specific ad you're talking about being in Australia, but even a f**king dumb c**t living under a rock should know the obvious racist connotations of monkeys and people of colour, if that is the issue. Saying that a major company can't know is ridiculous - people are literally paid to do that job. It's just plain negligence.

I suggest having a read of Rhian Brewsters account of the issue of racism if you're of the belief it ain't around much. For the record, I think Bobby is innocent here - but if he uttered n****r even in the heat of the moment he deserves a ban, that simple. There's no excuse for racism, ever. But I do truly believe Firmino is 1) innocent, and did the same thing I would do - shout the c**t down simply by calling him a bi*ch (I would have said worse :D ) 2) That all the evidence points towards nothing being heard by anyone else, ref and players alike, & 3) Either Holgate misheard and in the heat of the moment cried racist, or he is a devilish c**t and fabricated in the moment. Either way, he's the only one that should be copping a ban - for the push alone, let alone the afters.

Hang on a  second here, I'm not for one moment saying that racism isn't an issue merely that you don't these days hear many people referring to black people as monkeys.

In any case you cannot seriously think that an international clothing brand deliberately decided to be racist, it was an innocent and stupid mistake and there is absolutely no need for the huge displays of outrage, that outrage would be much better directed at the fuckwits who do throw bananas onto the pitch.
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #170: Jan 10, 2018 01:37:33 pm
      Hang on a  second here, I'm not for one moment saying that racism isn't an issue merely that you don't these days hear many people referring to black people as monkeys.

In any case you cannot seriously think that an international clothing brand deliberately decided to be racist, it was an innocent and stupid mistake and there is absolutely no need for the huge displays of outrage, that outrage would be much better directed at the fuckwits who do throw bananas onto the pitch.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #171: Jan 10, 2018 01:49:36 pm

Literally my point there in a quick google search is that the monkey thing is still very much a big deal. Those pictures are world wide across multiple codes, cultures, countries.

While I do not seriously think a world wide clothing brand deliberately set out to be racist, I also do not think "oh my f**k, didn't realise that would get taken the wrong way" is a convenient excuse for said world wide clothing brand that has the resources to make sure they don't do stupid sh*t.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #172: Jan 10, 2018 02:07:44 pm
      There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Tell that to Gerald Ratner ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #173: Jan 10, 2018 02:08:35 pm
      Literally my point there in a quick google search is that the monkey thing is still very much a big deal. Those pictures are world wide across multiple codes, cultures, countries.

While I do not seriously think a world wide clothing brand deliberately set out to be racist, I also do not think "oh my f**k, didn't realise that would get taken the wrong way" is a convenient excuse for said world wide clothing brand that has the resources to make sure they don't do stupid sh*t.

So is the outrage at supidity or racism?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #174: Jan 10, 2018 02:37:09 pm

I'm always outraged at cu*ts not being woke enough to understand how insensitive obvious racism can be. Ignorance must be nice for some, but for fucks sake, get cultured and realise how the F**k some things can be taken by others that have been oppressed for generations - and still are.

Anyway, this is slightly off topic. But this sh*t over some dumb cu*ts with a shitty ad as well as the stupid assumption that "no one REALLY compares black people to monkeys these days" should never have come up here either.

Kopite78
      Reply #175: Jan 10, 2018 02:38:41 pm

Your stupidity or H&Ms?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #176: Jan 10, 2018 03:01:31 pm
      To be fair i'm not arsed about getting him done for homophobic comments when he was bloody 15.

I just think Firmino has been unlucky to be caught up in the nonsense but hopefully he is cleared as all the evidence i've seen and heard has suggeated so far he has no case to answer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #177: Jan 10, 2018 04:52:38 pm
      I'm always outraged at cu*ts not being woke enough to understand how insensitive obvious racism can be. Ignorance must be nice for some, but for fucks sake, get cultured and realise how the f**k some things can be taken by others that have been oppressed for generations - and still are.

Anyway, this is slightly off topic. But this sh*t over some dumb cu*ts with a shitty ad as well as the stupid assumption that "no one REALLY compares black people to monkeys these days" should never have come up here either.
      where do you draw the line? When a university says dreaming of a white campus, everyone knows that they mean snow, yet people think it's racist? Because cynical minds want to assume white was inferred as a race rather than the obvious snow. Why? Because they like to argue about nothing. Schools make people say chalkboard instead of blackboard now, it's got real stupid.

Banana on the pitch and N words is racist of course, but for some things, just because someone thinks something is racist doesn't mean it is.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #178: Jan 10, 2018 05:24:57 pm
      Riba never fails but to make me smile.

'When universities sing i'm dreaming of a white campus' So F***ing random :lmao:

Ahh man thats funny.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #179: Jan 10, 2018 06:29:32 pm
      Good to see they will be investigating Holgate now. The blert tried getting out of the push by playing the racism card, come back to bite him now.

Should be banned.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #180: Jan 10, 2018 07:06:18 pm
      Good to see they will be investigating Holgate now. The blert tried getting out of the push by playing the racism card, come back to bite him now.

Should be banned.

They won't. He was 15 at the time, they'll just say he was a kid doing stupid things.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #181: Jan 10, 2018 09:48:24 pm
      Reading this and remembering that one of the last games I actually attended live was the semi final against Villa, 2015. Unfortunately a section of our fans took to doing monkey impressions and hurling racist abuse at Villa fans, which answers a question I've seen in this thread, yes it's still happening.

It was non-stop for 10 minutes, I shouted at them, telling them to shut the F**k up, to no avail, I then took to reporting this to the stewards (kids), who did nothing.

I took the seat numbers in the end, took photos and attached them to an email, which I sent to Wembley and the club. Never got a reply, excluding the trite courtesy one, that I'd guess is automatic.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #182: Jan 10, 2018 09:58:06 pm
      Reading this and remembering that one of the last games I actually attended live was the semi final against Villa, 2015. Unfortunately a section of our fans took to doing monkey impressions and hurling racist abuse at Villa fans, which answers a question I've seen in this thread, yes it's still happening.

It was non-stop for 10 minutes, I shouted at them, telling them to shut the f**k up, to no avail, I then took to reporting this to the stewards (kids), who did nothing.

I took the seat numbers in the end, took photos and attached them to an email, which I sent to Wembley and the club. Never got a reply, excluding the trite courtesy one, that I'd guess is automatic.

Racists amongst us Rodders - every walk of life.......work, pub, Post Office.

Needs calling out - as you did - and educating.

As with the Flannagan domestic violence offence.

Demonising the culprit and saying only ā€œbad peopleā€ do it isnā€™t good enough and changes sweet f#ck all Iā€™m afraid.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #183: Jan 10, 2018 10:08:13 pm
      All I will say on this issue is that LFC has and will take the higher ground and do the right thing.
      Think itā€™s clear that Bobby didnā€™t say anything racist to holgate and hopefully the investigatory papal will see this and clear firmino of the accusation.
      BUT itā€™s important to not punish Holgate for his accusation. Itā€™s vital that this is dealt with in a calm and clear manner.
      Our own player, Brewster, was very brave to go in record with the guardian and discribe the situations he and fellow team mates have encountered have experienced.
      If we are to do him justice then we have to listen to all sides, investigate and then move forward and not backwards with inflammatory and tribal opinion.
      I am sure that Holgate will realize that he is wrong with his homophobic tweets and also wrong with his misunderstanding of the Portuguese language.
      Punishing him for expressing his opinion on the incident will only lead to other minorities feeling that they also cannot express their grevencies whether their interpretations are right or wrong.
      LFC, club and fans, will come out of this best if we just do the right thing.
      Be on the right side of history.

Quick Reply