Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 11th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W7 D8 L7

Firmino and Holgate

Read 19545 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,329 posts | 193 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #240: Jan 12, 2018 01:20:07 pm
      Yeah I did not know Portuguese and Spanish were so similar...the words that came out of his mouth were loco puta...which down here on the Mexican border means crazy bi*ch...or in scouse the proverbial crazy c**t....nothing racist about that.

loco puta has got to be the best put down ever, I'm keeping it.

I feel a sing song coming along next time the crazy little c*** comes to Anfield. To the tune of...???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCxBh25xlpQ

Loco, loco loco, loco loco, locoooooooo
      Puta, puta puta, puta puta, putaaaaaa

Has a ring to it I think...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,712 posts | 410 
      Reply #241: Jan 12, 2018 07:04:25 pm

RIP that’s one of the most sensible things you’ve ever said.
      Every race, THATS EVERY RACE, in some way or form has been guilty of some level of slavery.
      North Africans on Western Europe one of the gravest like you said, but nobody seems to remember that.
      Romans, Greeks, Norsemen, Normans, Even African tribes on tribes, all guilty m’lud.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,491 posts | 251 
      Reply #242: Jan 12, 2018 08:07:25 pm
      WTF going on in this thread..bloody romans.
      Any chance of...........

6stringer
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,807 posts | 382 
      Reply #243: Jan 12, 2018 09:09:42 pm
      Frankly Shankly pointed our earlier....and quite rightly so,
      What would have happened if Bobby had've gone head first into a young fan(LFC or EFC!!) sitting in the first row?
      or bust his neck hitting the advertising boards?..nasty !
      Luckily he got straight back up(with the help of the adult fans he fell into) and told the little pr**k off.

The authorities seem to be overlooking the bigger picture here.
      What Holgate did was a stupid f***in thing to do ...end of.. and it's a bout time the FA realised that what he did was going to create a reaction whether during a derby game or against someone like Swansea.

This could drag on for months and no doubt Joe Trump Anderson will prolong the debate in the local tabloids..
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,731 posts | 222 
      Reply #244: Jan 12, 2018 10:42:50 pm
      Frankly Shankly pointed our earlier....and quite rightly so,
      What would have happened if Bobby had've gone head first into a young fan(LFC or EFC!!) sitting in the first row?
      or bust his neck hitting the advertising boards?..nasty !
      Luckily he got straight back up(with the help of the adult fans he fell into) and told the little pr**k off.

The authorities seem to be overlooking the bigger picture here.
      What Holgate did was a stupid f***in thing to do ...end of.. and it's a bout time the FA realised that what he did was going to create a reaction whether during a derby game or against someone like Swansea.

This could drag on for months and no doubt Joe Trump Anderson will prolong the debate in the local tabloids..

It seems the Ref referred the whole issue to the FA. But in doing that he ignored a sending off offence. It was clearly dangerous play by Holgate and also endangered the safety of supporters. He was lucky no one was injured. Everton benefitted from the deferred decision.
      Ribapuru

• 9,682 posts | 1056 
      Reply #245: Jan 13, 2018 04:18:46 am
      What I don't understand is why some things on the field aren't dealt with by the police. To me it was assault, different from any normal foul. Seems like no matter what happens on a football pitch the FA have authority.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,647 posts | 139 
      Reply #246: Jan 13, 2018 06:37:19 am
      What I don't understand is why some things on the field aren't dealt with by the police. To me it was assault, different from any normal foul. Seems like no matter what happens on a football pitch the FA have authority.

The victim should complain to the police for the act to be considered a criminal offence. If the assaulted player doesn't consider the violent behaviour as an assault and refrains from making a complaint, why would the police get involved?

As a case in point, the police got involved in the Ferdinand vs Terry issue only after they received an anonymous complaint.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #247: Jan 13, 2018 12:56:57 pm
      Isn't there also an issue that by shoving Firminio he risked the health of some of the Liverpool supporters who he landed on?

No wonder people laugh at us.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #248: Jan 13, 2018 01:00:42 pm

Same applies here. We’d have some very f**king busy police forces if they started investigating pushes on football fields.

You should come and watch some Sunday league footy near me. You’d probably wanna draft the army in.

Holgate pushed Firmino in a derby. Steven Gerrard stamped on Naismith and caught Kevin Campbell above the knee in a derby too. He stamped on Herrera against United also.

It happens. No need to dial 999.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #249: Jan 13, 2018 01:09:28 pm
      For everyone saying that Holgate should have been sure before making the accusation.. I don’t disagree with you.

The point I was making is that some sections of our support suggested he made said accusations to get away without being carded etc. That’s bollocks.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,095 posts | 307 
      Reply #250: Jan 13, 2018 01:11:15 pm
      Crazy that there has been no news on this. I wonder if the fact that we have a game against the league leaders tomorrow has anything to do with the delay. Or have I got my tin foil hat on?
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,654 posts | 1392 
      Reply #251: Jan 13, 2018 01:56:56 pm
      Although it's only anecdotal, I've noticed a huge correlation to being called a social justice warrior and told I've been triggered after I call someone being an arsehole an arsehole.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,784 posts | 1582 
      Reply #252: Jan 13, 2018 02:43:40 pm
      Firmino will be punished with some kind of ban because Holgate has played the race card. The FA will, like most authorities in the world, want to present an image of dealing with any form of racism harshly. Even though there's no evidence of racism, that won't stop them. This is not the FA witch hunt against Liverpool but rather trying to protect themselves from the likes of Clarke Carlisle or Paul McGrath (two racist fuckers themsleves) where they're accused of brushing racism under the carpet.

Holgate, himself, may get some sort of punishment (probably a fine) for his push on Firmino. But again, given the race card has been played I doubt it. Just for the FA to protect their own image.

And it's authorities/companies/medias trying to protect their own image of "we're not racist/sexist/homophobic/any other word that offends" that actually causes what they're trying to prevent. If Bobby is punished (like Suarez was with no evidence) then that just says to every other player to say they were racially abused even when they weren't. By shitting themselves it sends out the wrong image. The FA really need to make a stance here and say "we're not ignoring racism but accussing somebody of racism when there's no evidence of it is just as bad as somebody actually being racist and therefore it's Mason Holgate who'll be punished and not Roberto Firmino"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #253: Jan 13, 2018 03:00:43 pm
      Sorry but you'll have to lead me though your argument of why Churchill, who almost singlehandedly, until the US joined the war, held back Germany and the Nazi's, was a kunt. You do realise that if Germany had won then this rather entertaining discussion over race would be irrelevant don't you?
      BTW yes I do know that Churchill was no angel but if there was ever a right man for the right time then he must be the perfect example.

You are aware of that tw*t Churchill sending gunboats up the Mersey with their guns trained on the city because of the great strike of 1926!!

Have at least a small understanding of this city eh?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #254: Jan 13, 2018 03:01:49 pm

I know it's a f**king pure gobs***e shout isn't it!!
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #255: Jan 13, 2018 03:06:21 pm

Sorry but eh? It really could have led to a fan getting injured.
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #256: Jan 13, 2018 03:08:32 pm
      You are aware of that tw*t Churchill sending gunboats up the Mersey with their guns trained on the city because of the great strike of 1926!!

Have at least a small understanding of this city eh?

Did the gunboats open fire, did it end the strike?
      In any case he was a great wartime leader or would you disagree?

edit Just read up a bit on this and it was massive strikes, the authorities were freaking out but the year was in fact 1911 not 1926
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2018 03:29:32 pm by heimdall »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,731 posts | 222 
      Reply #257: Jan 13, 2018 03:17:21 pm

Come on now, we don't want Plod getting involved. Players push, shuve all the time. Effectively threatening behaviour all the time. There are the odd extreme case, like the Holgate push but Plod wouldn't be interested. It's a matter for the FA.

The only way Plod would get involved if there is clear evidence of racist language, which would be classed as hate crime.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2018 11:36:21 pm by Harrisimo »
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #258: Jan 13, 2018 03:31:03 pm
      Come on now, we don't want Plod getting involved. Players push, shuve all the time. Effectively threatening behaviour all the time. Their are the odd extreme case, like the Holgate push but Plod wouldn't be interested. It's a matter for the FA.

The only way Plod would get involved if there is clear evidence of racist language, which would be classed as hate crime.

Was plod involved in the Cantona kung fu kick, wouldn't this be a similar thing, ie the fact that a player was deliberately pushed into the crowd?
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #259: Jan 13, 2018 03:32:41 pm
      Was plod involved in the Cantona kung fu kick, wouldn't this be a similar thing, ie the fact that a player was deliberately pushed into the crowd?

Surely you see the massive difference between these two incidents?
      Ribapuru

• 9,682 posts | 1056 
      Reply #260: Jan 13, 2018 03:32:58 pm
      Come on now, we don't want Plod getting involved. Players push, shuve all the time. Effectively threatening behaviour all the time. Their are the odd extreme case, like the Holgate push but Plod wouldn't be interested. It's a matter for the FA.

the thing is, fans were put in danger, would you be saying that same sentence had a fan ended up with a broken neck?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,731 posts | 222 
      Reply #261: Jan 13, 2018 03:53:51 pm

edit Just read up a bit on this and it was massive strikes, the authorities were freaking out but the year was in fact 1911 not 1926

Churchill's entire career was clouded by Wartime jingoism for want of. He had a typical Tory disregard for the working class - a dispensable breed as far as he was concerned.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,491 posts | 251 
      Reply #262: Jan 13, 2018 04:05:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkfwgoQTyrA
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #263: Jan 13, 2018 05:29:32 pm
      Churchill's entire career was clouded by Wartime jingoism for want of. He had a typical Tory disregard for the working class - a dispensable breed as far as he was concerned.

Churchill was actually a Liberal for most of his political career.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,654 posts | 1392 
      Reply #264: Jan 13, 2018 06:10:35 pm
      Churchill was actually a Liberal for most of his political career.

And it was meeting Hitler, in the early thirties, that made him ramp up our armed forces again.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,008 posts | 166 
      Reply #265: Jan 13, 2018 07:28:07 pm

Churchill sent the troops in again (all over Britain this time) to break the general strike of 1926. Baldwin overruled him on the matter of whether the troops should be armed. There likely would have been a bloodbath if Churchill had got his way.

Churchill was a hardline conservative who believed in keeping the working class firmly underfoot.

He had a way with words, he was no fool, and he was basically the ideal wartime PM. But there is fundamentally no contradiction between that and being a guy who would step very brutally on anybody who threatened his own class's interests.

[Edit: of course one of the more interesting sides of the general strike in 1926 was how it was sabotaged by the TUC, who called it off after secret talks with the government, leaving the miners hanging out to dry on their own. When dealing with the political classes, it's your friends who you really have to watch out for.]
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2018 07:46:53 pm by sore monad »
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,095 posts | 307 
      Reply #266: Jan 13, 2018 07:36:04 pm
      This thread has fairly digressed. Sounds like folk in here want the FA to suspend Churchill.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,008 posts | 166 
      Reply #267: Jan 13, 2018 07:50:05 pm
      This thread has fairly digressed. Sounds like folk in here want the FA to suspend Churchill.

Damn right. Remember when he did this?

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBt8AoLBCoo

Dirty b***ard. And he handled the ball.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,042 posts | 3122 
      Reply #268: Jan 13, 2018 07:56:46 pm
      Firmino will be punished with some kind of ban because Holgate has played the race card. The FA will, like most authorities in the world, want to present an image of dealing with any form of racism harshly. Even though there's no evidence of racism, that won't stop them. This is not the FA witch hunt against Liverpool but rather trying to protect themselves from the likes of Clarke Carlisle or Paul McGrath (two racist fuckers themsleves) where they're accused of brushing racism under the carpet.

Holgate, himself, may get some sort of punishment (probably a fine) for his push on Firmino. But again, given the race card has been played I doubt it. Just for the FA to protect their own image.

And it's authorities/companies/medias trying to protect their own image of "we're not racist/sexist/homophobic/any other word that offends" that actually causes what they're trying to prevent. If Bobby is punished (like Suarez was with no evidence) then that just says to every other player to say they were racially abused even when they weren't. By shitting themselves it sends out the wrong image. The FA really need to make a stance here and say "we're not ignoring racism but accussing somebody of racism when there's no evidence of it is just as bad as somebody actually being racist and therefore it's Mason Holgate who'll be punished and not Roberto Firmino"

The difference with the Suarez incident is that Luis admitted to saying what Evra claimed he said. In Luis’ native language it didn’t mean what Evra thought it did, but the FA didn’t take that into account of course. Bobby to my knowledge hasnt admitted to saying anything that could even be misconstrued as being racist, although one has to wonder why it would take this long for them to render a verdict of innocence.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,848 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #269: Jan 13, 2018 07:58:09 pm
      Churchill sent the troops in again (all over Britain this time) to break the general strike of 1926. Baldwin overruled him on the matter of whether the troops should be armed. There likely would have been a bloodbath if Churchill had got his way.

Churchill was a hardline conservative who believed in keeping the working class firmly underfoot.

He had a way with words, he was no fool, and he was basically the ideal wartime PM. But there is fundamentally no contradiction between that and being a guy who would step very brutally on anybody who threatened his own class's interests.

[Edit: of course one of the more interesting sides of the general strike in 1926 was how it was sabotaged by the TUC, who called it off after secret talks with the government, leaving the miners hanging out to dry on their own. When dealing with the political classes, it's your friends who you really have to watch out for.]

Churchill is a hugely contradictory figure, made a lot of friends and enemies in high places, did some good eg championing tanks but a lot of bad such as the dardanelles fiasco amongst many things

Quick Reply