Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Firmino and Holgate

Read 46768 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #299: Feb 08, 2018 07:58:57 pm
      o.k.still nothing to see here.Panicked a bit when i saw the thread bump and  :f_run: to the bbc,phew.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2018 08:24:13 pm by Boston not la »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #300: Feb 08, 2018 10:36:23 pm
      I hated Thatcher and when she died our mine gave us 2 days off and paid for the celebratory piss up to toast her death. No amount of do gooding bas**rds will ever change my opinion of the slag because she destroyed the community i lived and grew up in and still to this day the country as a whole has suffered because of this. Even though she is now dead i still hate her.

People get called 'racists', 'homophobes', 'fascists' etc. So f**king what? People hate people for a reason and the reason for that hate is a strong personal emotion, they don't bother me one bit. They are entitled to hate, it is their right to do so if they so wish.

People these days are so quick to jump into business that is none of theirs that they forget who they actually are themselves.

The 'scapegoat' method is useless. Like you said, making an example of one person to pay for the sins of everyone else is a convenient political tool. Get's everyone off the hook, but changes nothing. It was used by the Catholics many years ago and is still used to day. I don't tell my son watching football will help him master philosophy and self-restraint on the way to becoming the new Shakespeare.

You're mine really did that?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #301: Feb 08, 2018 10:40:04 pm
      If I was Firmino I'd take this unacceptable delay personally and I'd tell the club to confront them. This man has been accused of racism. This is not some footballing decision. The FA have no right to dawddle over this. This is a man's reputation and integrity at stake.

Completely unacceptable. Do your job FA...get off your backside and make a decision.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #302: Feb 08, 2018 10:41:19 pm
      If I was Firmino I'd take this unaceptable delay personally and I'd tell the club to confront them. This man has been accused of racism. This is not some footballing decision. The FA have no right to dawddle over this. This is a man reputation and integrity at stake.

Completely unacceptable. Do your job FA...get off your backside and make a decision.

FA couldn't wait to hang Suarez out to dry without a single bit of evidence, shocked they are taking this long with Bobby.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #303: Feb 08, 2018 11:03:03 pm
      The 'scapegoat' method is useless. Like you said, making an example of one person to pay for the sins of everyone else is a convenient political tool. Get's everyone off the hook, but changes nothing. It was used by the Catholics many years ago and is still used to day. I don't tell my son watching football will help him master philosophy and self-restraint on the way to becoming the new Shakespeare.

You're mine really did that?

Why shouldn't they. What Thatcher did was deliberate.She had absolutely no conscience or concern for the communities involved. May is even worse.

Thatcher policies brought about wellfare dependancy.And that in itself did untold damage to communities.These "people"...or to give them their formal name, the Tories, have no regard for the lives of the working class. They have one policy when they come to power and that is to make the rich richer. To that end they will rape and plunder the workers, the disabled,the elderly - anybody they consider to be the lower classes. They will do whatever it takes to stack the odds against the working class. And they won't lose one single seconds sleep over it.

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #304: Feb 08, 2018 11:10:41 pm
      FA couldn't wait to hang Suarez out to dry without a single bit of evidence, shocked they are taking this long with Bobby.

And in fact they had no evidence against Suarez. It was Suarez himself that admitted referring to Evra's colour. They had clear evidence against John Terry but only banned him for 4 weeks as opposed to the 8 week ban they gave Suarez,
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #305: Feb 09, 2018 12:02:26 pm
      Think Jay Rodriguez has been had off a bit to be honest. After being charged by the FA there will be bo escape for him. Nobody gets an FA charge and reverses their decision.

I think with Firmino the FA would love to find a case to answer but are really struggling to put forward a plausible account.

They're terrified that by nt charging these lads the media will hammer them for not dealing with racism.

Remember with the FA investigation the burden of proof is nowhere near that of a real trial.

Its all on probability and secondary accounts.

That is no doubt the reason it has been dragged out, the fuckers would take great delight in disciplining Firmino and are sick as F***ing pigs there is not a shred of evidence to support the official's interpretation of events.

The obvious outcome should be the removal of the official from that roll since his perception and subsequent decision-making is seriously flawed and could erroneously affect the game to the detriment of all concerned.

Guess what - due to the ingrained corruption within the FA, cobwebs are being encouraged to form with the passing of time in the hope that the public's opinion will mellow/become less sharp and the official will keep his job, the FA trundles on and nothing changes - once more.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #306: Feb 09, 2018 12:21:37 pm
      I don't think there's anyone out there that thinks Bobby racially abused him. This is a F***ing joke now how long this had been dragged out.
      If he does get made an example off, I'd love to see all of Liverpool's black players ( must be most of the squad) come out in support of him, and slam the FA!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #307: Feb 09, 2018 12:44:40 pm
      We saw with mark sampson that they would probably go through somebody's bins in order to find something to pin on people if necessary,  no trust in them whatsoever
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #308: Feb 09, 2018 05:21:22 pm
      In all this drama what about Holgate's ban? 

I think the next time Firmino scores a goal one of our players should push him into the crowd and let him have a moment with the crowd just to make a point! 
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #309: Feb 11, 2018 01:00:59 pm
      There will be an FA charge.
      There will be a ban.
      It will be announced sometime in the first week of March!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #310: Feb 11, 2018 01:02:20 pm
      There will be an FA charge.
      There will be a ban.
      It will be announced sometime in the first week of March!

How do you know that?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #311: Feb 11, 2018 01:21:05 pm

He doesn't.

Much more likely they are quietly just telling all parties to proceed as if nothing happened and we'll just ignore it. They probably don't want to face backlash if, by not charging (rightly) someone then says they are being soft on true racism. It's an abject organization running English football, it really is.

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #312: Feb 11, 2018 03:19:01 pm

Because we play the mancs on March 10! Wouldn’t put it past the FA.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #313: Feb 12, 2018 12:40:49 pm
      I sent an email to the F.A. on the 5th of Feb asking what was happening over Holgate'push on Firmino.

This is their reply on the 6th "This is still being investigation by the Disciplinary team."

How long does it take to watch a video?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #314: Feb 12, 2018 01:55:29 pm
      I sent an email to the F.A. on the 5th of Feb asking what was happening over Holgate'push on Firmino.

This is their reply on the 6th "This is still being investigation by the Disciplinary team."

I honestly thought this was all dealt with until I read this thread just now.

What the hell are they doing?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #315: Feb 12, 2018 06:25:43 pm

Wow that’s not even grammatically correct; send them another one.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #316: Feb 12, 2018 07:38:59 pm
      Wow that’s not even grammatically correct; send them another one.

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #317: Feb 12, 2018 07:54:06 pm
      This is turning into a complete farce, and surely shows up the FA to be a complete bunch of arseholes.

Still can't believe that Holgate was never booked for the shove on Bobby.
      I am starting to believe that the FA have it in for us.

C'mon sort it out, it is a joke.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #318: Feb 20, 2018 06:03:23 pm
      Sergio Aguero: Manchester City striker avoids punishment for fan altercation
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43133978

FA sorts this out in less than 20 hrs, and 8 of them were spent asleep
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #319: Feb 20, 2018 06:07:36 pm
      Sergio Aguero: Manchester City striker avoids punishment for fan altercation
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43133978

FA sorts this out in less than 20 hrs, and 8 of them were spent asleep

In fairness RP: -

* Sergio DOESN’T play for Liverpool

* Sergio was the perpetrator of an assault

* The fan didn’t make a completely baseless accusation of racism

See obvious isn’t it 🤬🤬
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum