Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City)

Read 42203 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City)
      Reply #115: Jan 30, 2018 07:27:26 pm
      Again?! Thought he had already done that about twice.

this is the third or fourth time , got to give props to LC in holding him and to the player who seems to continue to give his all despite not getting his transfer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #116: Jan 30, 2018 07:28:30 pm
      Let it go guys.....we’re not interested.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #117: Jan 30, 2018 07:28:34 pm
      City have offered 50 million. I’d quickly offer 70 and let’s be done with it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #118: Jan 30, 2018 07:29:03 pm
      this is the third or fourth time , got to give props to LC in holding him and to the player who seems to continue to give his all despite not getting his transfer.

Saw earlier they wouldn't even accept 90mill. I know it's just transfer talk but it wouldn't surprise me. The £50mill they initially wanted could soon look to have been a bargain with the market now having £100mill+ players.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #119: Jan 30, 2018 07:30:31 pm
      Let it go guys.....we’re not interested.

Aggressive Monitoring!!!!!

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #120: Jan 30, 2018 07:36:26 pm
      Riyad Mahrez hands in Leicester transfer request after bid from Manchester City

Riyad Mahrez has handed in an official transfer request at Leicester amid an offer in excess of £50m for Manchester City, Sky Sports News understands.

The bid is believed to be City's second for the Algeria international in this window but is well below the Foxes' valuation of the player, who also handed in a transfer request in May 2017.

While no formal, written offer has been lodged, City representatives have made it clear what they are prepared to pay, and Leicester have responded by stating they do not want to sell Mahrez, and a bid of around £50m is far too low.

Nevertheless, Mahrez did not go to the Leicester City training ground on Friday and has not travelled with the rest of the squad to Merseyside ahead of their game against Everton.

Speaking earlier this month, Foxes boss Claude Puel was asked if Mahrez could cost potential suitors £100m. He said: "Perhaps; maybe in the summer he will cost even more than £100m. (But) it's just rumours, noise about him. We can see Riyad smile, enjoying his football, enjoying to play with his team-mates."

Mahrez wanted to leave last summer and submitted a transfer request amid interest from Roma, but the Foxes refused to sell the 26-year-old after rejecting three bids from the Italian club - including a £31.8m offer.

Speaking at the time, Mahrez said: "Out of the huge admiration and respect I hold for Leicester City, I wanted to be totally honest and transparent with them and have therefore informed the club that I feel now is the time for me to move on.

"I had a good discussion with the chairman last summer and we agreed at that time that I would stay for another year in order to help the club as best as I could following the transition of winning the title and in the Champions League.

"However, I am fiercely ambitious and feel that now is the time to move on to a new experience."

City have submitted their second bid for Mahrez after confirming Leroy Sane suffered ankle ligament damage during Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round win over Cardiff.

Sane has been ruled out for up to six weeks and is set to miss the Carabao Cup final against Arsenal as well as both legs of City's Champions League last-16 tie against Basel.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11229315/riyad-mahrez-hands-in-leicester-transfer-request-after-bid-from-manchester-city

Looks like it might be a matter of just adding a few millions and they’ll get it. Wouldn’t mind having a bit of that ambition here...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #121: Jan 30, 2018 07:42:53 pm
      Looks like it might be a matter of just adding a few millions and they’ll get it. Wouldn’t mind having a bit of that ambition here...

Ambition takes careful planning and situational monitoring on a very large scale...you just can't be ambitious at the drop of a hat, it takes years of work.

I believe we are probably going to start getting ambitious on Arda Turan, the right amount of time has now passed to where we might just pull something out of the hat.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #122: Jan 30, 2018 08:36:29 pm
      If Man City get him, we can surely be very ashamed of ourselves. One of their best players is INJURED, they invest heavily in a proven EPL talent; we SELL one of our best players but do absolutely nothing.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #123: Jan 31, 2018 11:41:45 am
      They want 90m no thanks.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #124: Jan 31, 2018 11:43:50 am

Pay it, it would go a long long way to filling the void left by Coutinho, plus instantly give cover for Mane and Salah.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #125: Jan 31, 2018 12:02:11 pm
      Pay it, it would go a long long way to filling the void left by Coutinho, plus instantly give cover for Mane and Salah.

Good player amd most certainly improve your squad.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #126: Jan 31, 2018 12:22:24 pm
      Good player amd most certainly improve your squad.

Not sure why people are torturing themselves. We don’t want him.....

I’ll tell the story of how I ended up with a Man Ure mirror as a kid if we sign anyone significant 😉

*not my choice
      **didnt last
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #127: Jan 31, 2018 12:39:08 pm
      If he moves, he'll end up at City.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #128: Jan 31, 2018 12:40:08 pm
      If he moves, he'll end up at City.

Yeah i agree as they would out bid everyone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #129: Jan 31, 2018 01:27:35 pm
      Yeah i agree as they would out bid everyone.

Like they did with Sanchez ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #130: Jan 31, 2018 01:29:08 pm
      Not sure why people are torturing themselves. We don’t want him.....

I’ll tell the story of how I ended up with a Man Ure mirror as a kid if we sign anyone significant 😉

*not my choice
      **didnt last

I know you are right but I just cannot understand why we wouldn't be interested, he ticks all the boxes for us, great workrate, very versatile, scores goals, sets up goals etc etc, plus he is not cup tied for CL.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #131: Jan 31, 2018 01:51:06 pm
      I know you are right but I just cannot understand why we wouldn't be interested, he ticks all the boxes for us, great workrate, very versatile, scores goals, sets up goals etc etc, plus he is not cup tied for CL.

Agreed. Think it would be an excellent buy.

90m though is that the fee? Very expensive and he's not worth that in my opinion.

We're also in danger of becoming a team of Africans. Matip Keita mane salah, mahrez?

We won't have anyone here when the afcon is on!
      Kopite78
      Reply #132: Jan 31, 2018 01:52:05 pm
      Agreed. Think it would be an excellent buy.

90m though is that the fee? Very expensive and he's not worth that in my opinion.

We're also in danger of becoming a team of Africans. Matip Keita mane salah, mahrez?

We won't have anyone here when the afcon is on!

Afcon is changing to go in line with the European calender

It will be summer not January
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #133: Jan 31, 2018 02:08:19 pm
      Afcon is changing to go in line with the European calender

It will be summer not January

Ah right, didn't know that!

Strange not going in for auba then. I'd be very tempted to go in for mahrez, would be a great addition.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #134: Jan 31, 2018 02:31:28 pm

That was a swap deal.  :f_whistle:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #135: Jan 31, 2018 03:30:27 pm

That was a pull your pants down deal ;-)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #136: Jan 31, 2018 03:41:03 pm
      He’s quality!!! Get him in, I don’t give a F**k about the money, it’s not mine.

He would be an excellent addition to the squad.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #137: Jan 31, 2018 03:52:32 pm

Let I guess, is it because he's unfortunately playing for the wrong club, if he just playing for Southampton ... 

Quick Reply