Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      67 (41.1%)
      Emre Can
      5 (3.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (6.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      53 (32.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      15 (9.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jan 18, 2018 05:54:41 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32752 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 14, 2018 08:46:25 pm
      That 20 minute period in the second half when we scored three we were flawless and made them look so ordinary.
      What a game of football that was..jeez, all of my family have lost their voices ;D nice quiet Sunday night in then !
      Our pressing was a joy to watch and the players followed Jürgen's instructions to the letter.
      I've given my MOTM to Andy Robertson who just epitomised everything you need to be when you put the Red shirt on.
      He gave Sterling a nightmare of a game and deservedly so, the little sh*t!
      He must've felt ten foot high when the Kop sang his name in that second half.. a game he'll never forget for as long as he lives.
      Just a pity he didn't score at the end of that incredible 70 yd run..brilliant!

As expected though, City threw the kitchen sink at us in those last ten minutes and very nearly did it.
      Their edge of box pass and move football was like they had about five Messi's coming at us..
      I very nearly actually sh*t my pants when Aguero headed into the side netting from De-Bruyne's free kick at the end but we got over the line and that was a MASSIVE result for us today.

I'm so proud to be a Liverpool fan tonight !

Cheers everyone ! :scarf: :ernaehrung004:

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2018 09:35:07 pm by 6stringer »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #668: Jan 14, 2018 09:02:43 pm
      Robertson, Gini or Ox. Can't choose one out of them three. Don't think Can or Mane were much further behind either.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #669: Jan 14, 2018 09:05:07 pm
      Fantastic match fantastic result,well done to our REDS.Robertson and Oxlade standout players.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #670: Jan 14, 2018 09:23:40 pm
      Probably the most entertaining game we will see this season with both teams attacking and going for it . Superb win for us and a great atmosphere. I went for AOC for man of the match because he set the game up for us with a great goal and he played with such passion all game . Robertson is such an outstanding young player , he gets better with every game.
      It was always going to be a goal fest and buzzing we won it .
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #671: Jan 14, 2018 09:29:49 pm
      What a fantastic game to watch and full credit to Pep, two managers who play the beautiful game the way it was meant. Compare them to that miserable f**ker at United!!

That second half apart from the last 10 mins we tore them a new one, carving them open at will and on another day we would have bagged another couple.

The midfield was immense today and even though he has had his critics Can today was everywhere, not sure why he went off but compare that plod Miner who was responsible for the second goal and then the stupid free kick at the end. Cant wait for Naby to arrive.
      Ox is just getting better every game he plays I remember the stick he got after his first couple of games!

Apart from the error by Lovren for the third goal the CB's were very good, Gomez less so, at the moment he doesnt deserve to start ahead of TAA until he irons out his inability to judge the flight of a ball.

Robertson for me was MOTM Raheem is probably still having nightmares.

Karius should have saved the Sane goal but seeing as though we have seen that sort of thing consistently from Migs I think we should give him till the end of the season as No1

The front 3 well they no need to say how brilliant they are.

Spot on with all that.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #672: Jan 14, 2018 09:40:51 pm
      Man City in the Premier league this season ;
      WDWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW DWL
      L is for Liverpool
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #673: Jan 14, 2018 09:53:27 pm
      City were there for the taking today cos of the way the both sides play. Nobody else has beaten them because nobody else  has the same attacking players that we have. Both sides are really open because they want to attack but we have the best attackers in this league and that's why we beat them today. It is statement of intent but not every side will play like city and that's where the difficulty lyes. We can't always break down a stubborn defence. I've heard people saying that we'll smash the scum if we play like we did today but that miserable f**ker maureen will not let us play like we did today. I think top 4 is the aim again for next season and considering we've been out of the CL for a while, getting out of our group is a very good achievement for this year so I'm happy with that so let's secure it for next season aswel when we'll be alot stronger...great result today.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #674: Jan 14, 2018 09:56:49 pm
      Just finished watching.....wow....

Have to hand it to City, they have quality all over the place. We battered the hell out of them and really that scoreline flattered them immensely. We probably could have won that 7-0 if a few things bounce our way. We just put everyone on notice....this ain't no fluke. If only we hadn't started with so many draws...we'd be fighting for the title. CL is in play for this group  if they can stay healthy and if we had a keeper that could stop something...we'd have to be one of the favorites. Screw that snake Sterling...Robbo put him in jail and threw away the key.

Great performance all around. Gomez could be forgiven for misjudging the flight of that ball with the wind, he actually got back in decent position, Karius just needs to cover his near post...take away at least one save so that you only have to worry about far post.

Can and Gini were relentless. Gini still not the greatest in scoring positions, but he broke up a lot of play and kept things ticking today. Can must have run a marathon and our front 3 (four with Ox at times)...well....Coutinho who?  I freaking love Bobby Firmino. I hope we sign him to a contract and he retires with us. He's immensely talented, works his butt off and he's having fun out there...it's so good to see. Don't have enough superlatives to talk  about  Salah and Mane...when they are on they are unstoppable. We did this all without our new CB as well. If we just had a keeper that could be counted on for a few saves and better distribution....we'd be unstoppable.

Walk on!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #675: Jan 14, 2018 10:12:47 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #676: Jan 14, 2018 10:15:24 pm
      MOTM Wijnaldum, Robertson a close second. Some points.

* Karius' arms are made of smoke. We need a new Keeper in the Summer. No ifs, no buts, Jürgen.
      * That third goal came from a lack of game intelligence. All they had to do was keep possession for 4 minutes. Clearly too much to ask.
      * Hope City don't lose again this season. Want us to be the invincible killers.
      * Reckon we're three players from greatness. GK, CB and DM.

Anyone know why Van Dijk didn't play?

Tight hammy
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #677: Jan 14, 2018 10:33:41 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #678: Jan 14, 2018 10:47:45 pm
      Just back from the game and it was just like the golden days of old....think I will be on a massive high all week with this game, WOW !!! what a belter of a game, heart was in the mouth especially during the last 10 minutes  :o blow the whistle Ref as the 4th official held up 4 minutes, I could see Klopp going ballastic on the touchline, but we wouldn't have him any other way and he gives us all a massive lift with his passion and commitment to LFC.

Lovely start to the game with a minute's applause for Tommy Lawrence, well deserved, so kick off and you could sense an air of anticipation and expectation, as the redmen started well....city having quality all over the pitch, so we knew today would be tough, but we rode the waves and when we went one up with an excellent goal from the Ox Anfield was bouncing  :kop5cf8koxp6: Beautiful  8)

That second half 10 minute spell of brilliance, goals, excitement, passion had me purring and was electric 'heavy metal' football when Bobby and then Mane blasted the goals and we went 3-1 up, I've not heard the Kop like that since the Dortmund game  ;D then Salah had the cheekiest of lobs  :scarf: citeh were in shock, we were bouncing, singing and cheering.... citeh fight back but it was just to little to late.

Liverpool do what no other team has managed to do all season, so credit and applause to them, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Pep but they were outclassed by a superb Liverpool team today who deserve all the plaudits and Andy Robertson was my MOM, he never put a foot wrong all game...onwards and upwards we go, well done Redmen  :gt-happyup:
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Manchester City - January 14th 16.00 GMT
      Reply #679: Jan 14, 2018 11:12:30 pm
      0-4 going to be a disaster with that defence
      :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #680: Jan 14, 2018 11:14:04 pm
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #681: Jan 14, 2018 11:28:11 pm

He's at his Pessimists Anonymous meeting.  With Pippen.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #682: Jan 14, 2018 11:28:16 pm
      Further proof aftee the match that Jürgen is off his F***ing head and pep guardiola is a class manager and a class man
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #683: Jan 14, 2018 11:34:40 pm
      Robbo saw off Sterling as well as backing up the attack. Looking at his energy I wouldn't have any qualms with Klopp playing Moreno at left back with Robbo as wing back linking up with Mane.

The lad has so much drive and energy would we be better served if he played higher ?

Didn't Gareth Bale start at left back..
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #684: Jan 14, 2018 11:46:17 pm
      That 20 minute period in the second half when we scored three we were flawless and made them look so ordinary.
      What a game of football that was..jeez, all of my family have lost their voices ;D nice quiet Sunday night in then !
      Our pressing was a joy to watch and the players followed Jürgen's instructions to the letter.
      I've given my MOTM to Andy Robertson who just epitomised everything you need to be when you put the Red shirt on.
      He gave Sterling a nightmare of a game and deservedly so, the little sh*t!
      He must've felt ten foot high when the Kop sang his name in that second half.. a game he'll never forget for as long as he lives.
      Just a pity he didn't score at the end of that incredible 70 yd run..brilliant!

As expected though, City threw the kitchen sink at us in those last ten minutes and very nearly did it.
      Their edge of box pass and move football was like they had about five Messi's coming at us..
      I very nearly actually sh*t my pants when Aguero headed into the side netting from De-Bruyne's free kick at the end but we got over the line and that was a MASSIVE result for us today.

I'm so proud to be a Liverpool fan tonight !

Cheers everyone ! :scarf: :ernaehrung004:

It was a bit off putting Klaven on stone cold to mark Aguero...inches from the equaliser...in those situation it needed somebody like Carra to bark out the instructions...nearly cost us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #685: Jan 14, 2018 11:48:46 pm
      Robbo saw off Sterling as well as backing up the attack. Looking at his energy I wouldn't have any qualms with Klopp playing Moreno at left back with Robbo as wing back linking up with Mane.

The lad has so much drive and energy would we be better served if he played higher ?

Didn't Gareth Bale start at left back..

Why would Klopp radically alter his formation just to accommodate Moreno? When Robbo is this good I'm not even thinking of a future where Moreno plays for us again tbh.

Quite frankly we don't need Moreno's hot headedness and rash play in this squad.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #686: Jan 14, 2018 11:49:20 pm
      Watching MOTD2 - no way their 3rd goal goes over the head of van Dijk.  I honestly think we see that game out more comfortably in the end with the world's most expensive defender in the side.

Bit of a shame for Gomez really that he kind of failed the examination against a top side but I always had a feeling that he's a square peg in a round hole at right back.  Vital we develop TAA correctly going forward because he needs to master the defending side to match his immense attacking game.

Emre Can bossed the middle.  I know he's a bit of a marmite character but I said ages ago it was a huge mistake for us not to sign his contract up - going to end up losing a very competent footballer for nothing and be left with a rapidly less useful Milner alongside Henderson.  A step backwards when he leaves.

Finally Andy Robertson and finally some decent opposition for him to show us whether he is at the top level.  Think he played exceptionally well for us today and after left back being a fairly hideous position for us in recent years I think it falls quite down our list of priorities now.

Well done.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #687: Jan 14, 2018 11:54:32 pm
      Watching MOTD2 - no way their 3rd goal goes over the head of van Dijk.  I honestly think we see that game out more comfortably in the end with the world's most expensive defender in the side.

Bit of a shame for Gomez really that he kind of failed the examination against a top side but I always had a feeling that he's a square peg in a round hole at right back.  Vital we develop TAA correctly going forward because he needs to master the defending side to match his immense attacking game.

Emre Can bossed the middle.  I know he's a bit of a marmite character but I said ages ago it was a huge mistake for us not to sign his contract up - going to end up losing a very competent footballer for nothing and be left with a rapidly less useful Milner alongside Henderson.  A step backwards when he leaves.

Finally Andy Robertson and finally some decent opposition for him to show us whether he is at the top level.  Think he played exceptionally well for us today and after left back being a fairly hideous position for us in recent years I think it falls quite down our list of priorities now.

Well done.

On can. Is keita not a step up?
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #688: Jan 14, 2018 11:55:08 pm
      Why would Klopp radically alter his formation just to accommodate Moreno? When Robbo is this good I'm not even thinking of a future where Moreno plays for us again tbh.

Quite frankly we don't need Moreno's hot headedness and rash play in this squad.

I know this may sound a bit controversial but readdddddddddd the post before you comment. The suggestion to play Robbo higher was obviously to get more out of Robbo...not to accommodate Moreno...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #689: Jan 14, 2018 11:57:36 pm
      I know this may sound a bit controversial but readdddddddddd the post before you comment. The suggestion to play Robbo higher was obviously to get more out of Robbo...not to accommodate Moreno...

But play him where? The way Klopp sets up his team he basically plays wingback anyway.

Where do you want him to play, up there with Mo and Sadio?

Quick Reply