Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      67 (41.1%)
      Emre Can
      5 (3.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (6.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      53 (32.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      15 (9.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jan 18, 2018 05:54:41 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32201 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Jan 15, 2018 05:13:59 pm
      MOTM   Robertson.

Had the diving little c**t Sterling in his pocket .

Fixed that for you Skip   ;) ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #737: Jan 15, 2018 05:17:04 pm

Dead right. The match was played in good spirit bar that little c**t trying to bring the tone down with his cheating antics.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #738: Jan 15, 2018 05:39:14 pm
      0-4 going to be a disaster with that defence

Nabbed yourself a red card right eh?

Well I am sure we'll see you in when you next reincarnate LFC1990..er littleface...er..c**t.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #739: Jan 15, 2018 06:20:27 pm
      What a fabulous game for football fans the world over. Two brilliant attacking sides that want to entertain the masses. And we won!

Utterly thrilled to bits we won that even though I wasn’t expecting it tbh. Get in there!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #740: Jan 15, 2018 07:11:32 pm
      JESUS F***ing CHRIST!!

I am still utterly speechless at that performance. I knew we'd beat them but i didn't expect that.

Imagine what we'll be like when Klopp gets all his targets!!

No van Dijk either!

I F***ing love Andy Robertson, he is a F***ing pure bred animal, he just beasts any f**ker who gets in his way. Keep those performances up and he'll be our left back for a decade.

WOW!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #741: Jan 15, 2018 07:21:00 pm
      JESUS F***ing CHRIST!!

I am still utterly speechless at that performance. I knew we'd beat them but i didn't expect that.

Imagine what we'll be like when Klopp gets all his targets!!

No van Dijk either!

I f**king love Andy Robertson, he is a f**king pure bred animal, he just beasts any f**ker who gets in his way. Keep those performances up and he'll be our left back for a decade.

WOW!

Just watched MOTD on record. Brilliant to watch it again :)
      What a performance by us, but it really was a top quality match, which made it all the sweeter to win.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #742: Jan 15, 2018 07:22:29 pm
      Had the little c**t Sterling in his pocket .

So many good things yesterday.
      And a small one was watching the turd Sterling get subbed off with his tail between his cheatin divin little legs.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #743: Jan 15, 2018 07:26:55 pm
      Nabbed yourself a red card right eh?

Well I am sure we'll see you in when you next reincarnate LFC1990..er littleface...er..c**t.

Pity we cant get 1990's  IP address.
      JD ?

LittleFaeces / Hollywood / Fried Egg Man     ?  ?  ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #744: Jan 15, 2018 08:04:16 pm
      Was a terrific result, and looking at the predictions, I think most of us were quite confident we could do it, if we got into them.
      At 4:1 they were totally lost. Didn’t know who to blame, where to adjust, what to do next. We totally blew them apart.
      Different angles of attack, switching players and play across their back line. If we had continued on the same strategy it could have been 6 or 7:1.
      Then Can, who had his best game for us by a country mile, completely bossing the middle of the park, with Ox and Gini alongside him, was subbed.
      On comes Milner, sits back to help defend and our forward momentum goes tits up.
      Sub at 79 mins and City score on 83 mins. Then they start to get into the game they never previously had a hope of recovering.

I love Klopp and wouldn’t change him for any other manager, but I do, and have in the past, question his subs.
      No mention of anyone hurt, or overly fatigued, so why F***ing change it, if it’s working ?
      He often refuses to change things when it’s not working, and I sometimes think he’s his own worst enemy !
      Great win in the end, and 3 great points.
      A bit negative under the circumstances from me I know, but I’m sure you all know where I’m coming from !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #745: Jan 15, 2018 11:10:59 pm

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #746: Jan 15, 2018 11:12:23 pm
      These cu*ts in the press talking about how we conceded 3 goals. How about you talk about us scoring 4 against the Champions Elect? Don't see anyone else scoring 4 against them this season and that includes Champs League Teams.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #747: Jan 15, 2018 11:40:44 pm
      These cu*ts in the press talking about how we conceded 3 goals. How about you talk about us scoring 4 against the Champions Elect? Don't see anyone else scoring 4 against them this season and that includes Champs League Teams.
      Don't know what the press is like in oz mate regarding the coverage of English footie but if it's anything like the press here in the UK nothing surprises me,maybe you've been reading the English articles on the match if so it's something us reds have gotten use too regarding praise or lack there of,the lad I work with always buys the daily manc (mirror )
      And there write up was f**king laughable cos according to them our four goals were down to city having a bad day!! Really? forget the fact we scored four f**king pearlers and twatted city for the best part of the game and the reporter was more interested in writing about how poor city were and not how fantastic we were,not that I give a f**k like cos every red knows how brilliant we were yesterday & I don't need to read
      Some bellwhiffs opinion trying to convince me otherwise.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #748: Jan 15, 2018 11:54:51 pm
      All Press are a bunch of cu*ts mate.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #749: Jan 16, 2018 01:19:39 am
      Was a terrific result, and looking at the predictions, I think most of us were quite confident we could do it, if we got into them.
      At 4:1 they were totally lost. Didn’t know who to blame, where to adjust, what to do next. We totally blew them apart.
      Different angles of attack, switching players and play across their back line. If we had continued on the same strategy it could have been 6 or 7:1.
      Then Can, who had his best game for us by a country mile, completely bossing the middle of the park, with Ox and Gini alongside him, was subbed.
      On comes Milner, sits back to help defend and our forward momentum goes tits up.
      Sub at 79 mins and City score on 83 mins. Then they start to get into the game they never previously had a hope of recovering.

I love Klopp and wouldn’t change him for any other manager, but I do, and have in the past, question his subs.
      No mention of anyone hurt, or overly fatigued, so why f**king change it, if it’s working ?
      He often refuses to change things when it’s not working, and I sometimes think he’s his own worst enemy !
      Great win in the end, and 3 great points.
      A bit negative under the circumstances from me I know, but I’m sure you all know where I’m coming from !

Opta stats are very revealing and Can ...I agree ...had a brilliant game.

The tactic to isolate Aguero and cut the supply from De Bruyne worked brilliantly with the back four being led by Can ensuring Aguero had the second lowest touches in the box all season. Four all match and not one shot on target.
      De Bruyne lost possession on 33% of his passes.

Can ran himself into the ground... the top Red for tackles in the match.
      Why do I think he will shun Juve and stay at Anfield ?  That was some shift he put in.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #750: Jan 16, 2018 11:05:32 am
      Motm has got to be Robertson. He was like a veteran and it reminds me of our all conquering years where we always had hardworking scots in our team. Hope that this is a sign of better things to come.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #751: Jan 19, 2018 12:51:31 am
      Quote from AussieRed
      Yep had about 2.5 hours myself, was so buzzing rang work straight after the match to say I was not coming in😆.

Sometimes when going to our games, with all the travelling I have to do on the day, that amount of sleep is considered a good amount. But at least you have nice warm 30+c days all week to compensate. Which was about 30c warmer than in Liverpool itself.

Since the 35 minute game in September, I was looking forward to the return. This is what the first game should have been about. A feast of high quality attacking football, lots of goals, tonnes of emotion and excitement, and where we would spend the post match analysis talking about the game. Unfortunately it would be deferred by four months, but better late than never.

Just when we were about to settle in, all my pre game optimism vanished when I heard VVD would be out. The idea of facing them without him was a nightmare. We're not playing again for 8 days, so why not take the risk? This was the sort of game we signed him for.

So we lost the toss and had to attack the Kop first half. But we flew out of the box and got the vital early goal. The opposition keeper has been hailed all year yet was shockingly poor for it. AOC couldn't believe his luck, neither could we. Salah should have made it two soon afterwards after selling them a merry dance in the penalty area, only to mishit his shot when he finally got free of them. You always worry if you miss those chances, and just before half time that showed. Karius has got the full blame, but at least he tried. Gomez was caught ball watching again, Matip put in a token effort that VVD would never tolerate. So we went in at halftime with no momentum and fearing the worst.

We needed a big start to the second half, and we came out flat. It's usually the time of a game when City start upping the tempo, they hit the bar, and we struggled to cope. Then Bobby put us in front and they froze for the next 10 minutes as we added another two. The fourth was my favourite, such a wonderful finish from 40 yards which ended up winning the game.

After the result in September, I was then chanting "we want 5", but it soon became clear that we would have to settle for 4 and try to see it out. With VVD around, it would probably have been easier, but we saw it out, and put down a huge marker for next season, and indeed an indication of how far we can go in Europe this season. We can go toe to toe with them and beat them at their own game, if we have to.

The atmosphere was top notch again, and considering the nature of the game, what's at stake, and the short distance involved, it's remarkable that there is no animosity between the fans. When AOC took his corners down by their fans, they all just stood there and watched him go about his business. There are no songs about tragedies, no missiles raining down on opponents, nobody running around to berate players. That's the way it's supposed to be of course, but sometimes it's easier said than done. I guess it helps when both sets of fans have a common enemy.

There were just 150 posts here after we won. We would have that amount per day if we didn't see the game out, as the usual sceptics would queue up to tell us how crap we are. It's only 4 weeks since they were reminding us that we were 6th (for 24 hours) and after 2 years with Klopp, we were making "no progress". Now we're on the brink of being best of the rest for this season. The table might change but some things never change. We just don't lose to City at Anfield.

Quick Reply