Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Getting a taxi after a game.

Read 9669 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Getting a taxi after a game.
      Jan 23, 2018 07:54:25 pm
      Heading over for the Spurs game Sunday week, and need to get back to the airport pretty sharpish after the game ( thanks to those Sky bas**rds switching the game from Saturday to Sunday).Where is the best place to get a taxi after match? Might even need to leave a little early 😕. Thanks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Getting a taxi after a game.
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2018 09:20:09 pm
      Heading over for the Spurs game Sunday week, and need to get back to the airport pretty sharpish after the game ( thanks to those Sky bas**rds switching the game from Saturday to Sunday).Where is the best place to get a taxi after match? Might even need to leave a little early 😕. Thanks

Depending where you're sitting I'd say head away from the kop towards oakfield pub onto West Derby Rd, a lot of the taxi's heading to the ground after game has finished seem to come that way. Others may have better suggestions, but that's just what I've seen the way we walk.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2: Jan 24, 2018 12:49:56 pm
      Game will be over after 20mins anyway. We always blow these away at Anfield :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Jan 24, 2018 01:07:19 pm
      This is by no means constructive advice what so ever, but getting a taxi after a game was a pure F***ing nightmare for someone not from the area 😄

Me and the wife found it nigh on impossible to get one following the Augsburg 2nd leg back in 2016, was pure F***ing chance when we finally got one and only because we were the only non Augsburg fans standing on a corner down the road. Taxi driver was a red which helped of course. Mad c**t as well, curb hopping mad swearing kinda bloke that genuinely held a conversation with another car as we sped down the road. Tipped well, of course. Our kind of fella 🤣
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4: Jan 24, 2018 06:25:39 pm
      This is by no means constructive advice what so ever, but getting a taxi after a game was a pure F***ing nightmare for someone not from the area 😄

Me and the wife found it nigh on impossible to get one following the Augsburg 2nd leg back in 2016, was pure F***ing chance when we finally got one and only because we were the only non Augsburg fans standing on a corner down the road. Taxi driver was a red which helped of course. Mad c**t as well, curb hopping mad swearing kinda bloke that genuinely held a conversation with another car as we sped down the road. Tipped well, of course. Our kind of fella 🤣

Hahaha they're the kind of taxi drivers I like - complete nutters.

Remember getting one in Istanbul to go and get ale, end up me and my brother going back with him and his brother in law, who was acting as intrepreter, to find half his family having a barbeque, couple of bevvies and some food later, he actually took us back to the ground, while we were hanging out of his window, thumping the top of the cab singing Liverpool songs, while he was on the horn beeping away.

Boss fella!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Jan 25, 2018 04:00:41 am
      Hahaha they're the kind of taxi drivers I like - complete nutters.

Remember getting one in Istanbul to go and get ale, end up me and my brother going back with him and his brother in law, who was acting as intrepreter, to find half his family having a barbeque, couple of bevvies and some food later, he actually took us back to the ground, while we were hanging out of his window, thumping the top of the cab singing Liverpool songs, while he was on the horn beeping away.

Boss fella!

Bloody hell, that sounds like an absolute ripper! :D

Which, not to turn this into crazy taxi driver stories, but reminds me of a bloke I had pick me up from bars in Adelaide 8-9 years ago. 5am-ish, taxi driver on his last job before he knocks off for the night. Loose cannon, I'm chatting all sorts of sh*t being three sheets to the wind, and he's just like "Mate, you mind if I let loose a little with this thing?" and I'm like "nah go for it mate!" as I munch away on the 40 chicken nuggets I'd just made him go through Maccas for. So he proceeds to rip burnout after burnout, smoking up the tyres as he does some donuts on back roads, standstills, the lot. Ten minute drive turns into half hour of hectic hilarity.

Stomach started to turn towards the end, but otherwise a fun way to end the night :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2018 08:29:32 pm
      Quote from ORCHARD RED

All depends on how much time you have. Ideally you need at least 2,5 hours from final whistle to take off.

Traffic and transport is a nightmare after games. Best thing to do is walk down 10 minutes as far as the main road, then begin your taxi hunt. There should be pockets of taxis about on sidestreets and  pubs as you go along.

If you have enough time, get yourself to Lime St station and taxis should be readily available down there. Good luck with the hunt anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2018 11:46:02 pm
      All depends on how much time you have. Ideally you need at least 2,5 hours from final whistle to take off.

Traffic and transport is a nightmare after games. Best thing to do is walk down 10 minutes as far as the main road, then begin your taxi hunt. There should be pockets of taxis about on sidestreets and  pubs as you go along.

If you have enough time, get yourself to Lime St station and taxis should be readily available down there. Good luck with the hunt anyway.

To be honest as I've tried to point out, I'd avoid heading towards town and head for West Derby Road, Tuesbrook way and you'll get F***ing loads all heading toward the ground and cut out half the waiting time in traffic.

Head off from the ground, walk the way I walk ie passing the Oakfield pub and carry on towards the Belmont pub, and he'll get one no problem and will cut out half the traffic around town.   
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2018 09:54:41 am
      Think it might be better to hire a car for the day, actually works out cheaper than taxis, and considering I will be doing a few touristy things as I've a few hours to kill, might be the sensible idea. Of course it means there'll no booze though.
      Kopite78
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2018 10:02:17 am
      Think it might be better to hire a car for the day, actually works out cheaper than taxis, and considering I will be doing a few touristy things as I've a few hours to kill, might be the sensible idea. Of course it means there'll no booze though.

Scrap the rest then lad 🙄
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10: Feb 01, 2018 12:16:50 pm

Got my 14 year old with me, so wouldn't be getting pissed anyway. should still be a cracking day ( if we win😀)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Feb 01, 2018 02:59:45 pm
      :laugh: Next thread: "We're to park" :)

Hope your 14 year old enjoys the game mate!!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: Feb 01, 2018 06:02:14 pm
      :laugh: Next thread: "We're to park" :)

Hope your 14 year old enjoys the game mate!!

He'll love it, he's been a fanatic since the league cup final in 2011 😀 I'll probably end up throwing someone  a £20 to let me park in their driveway or something like that 😁

Quick Reply