Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Loris Karius
      4 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (11.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (28.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (30.5%)
      Emre Can
      4 (6.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2018 12:17:16 am

Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30266 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3418 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Live: Swansea City V Liverpool
      Reply #529: Jan 22, 2018 10:54:24 pm
      Only brightside was giving corballyred both barrels and unfollowing him, very cathartic
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #530: Jan 22, 2018 10:56:50 pm
      I said in the transfers page that the best thing about having the fab 4 was often where 1 or 2 didn’t start. Having them come on in the 2nd half.

Been key to what was good all season. That and width in the forward areas lacking tonight.

Didn’t stretch them at all.

This is it in a nutshell..we tried all night to go thru the middle..it clearly wasn't working. Robbo did give width but Klopp said he wasn't actually high enough to give width effectively. But Robbo isn't a winger, he knocked it back into midfield all night long. Mane, for whatever reason is off blob..and is waiting for it to happen.

It was always going to be hard as Swansea played in a sardine tin..and they got lucky on a knock down in our box.

Width..width...and quality width.we have that but for whatever reason we did not use it..and carried on trying to trick our way thru traffic. That can work but very often it goes tits up...and that's what happened tonight.
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2018 11:02:20 pm by racerx34 »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #531: Jan 22, 2018 10:57:22 pm
      Dogshit.

Written in the stars I suppose.

Just after crushing the best team in the league - ✅

Playing against relegation favourites - ✅

New manager - ✅

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #532: Jan 22, 2018 10:58:59 pm
      Only brightside was giving corballyred both barrels and unfollowing him, very cathartic
      Ha ha I’ll look out for him quoting you......
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #533: Jan 22, 2018 11:01:42 pm
      Didn't help that the full backs were quite awful tonight going forward, especially Gomez.

Not the point...Gomez did not have a wide player...he was poor but most of his forward play is to get it to Mo, who then does his thing...Mo was in the old inside right position. A right full back always looks good when he links up well with a top right sided pacy, tricky top player like Mo....but Mo wasn't where he should of been.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #534: Jan 22, 2018 11:03:49 pm
      Still think we need top forward look at ings come on very depression he good enough
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #535: Jan 22, 2018 11:05:50 pm
      Still think we need top forward look at ings come on very depression he good enough

It was a very depression kinda night fella.

Very depression. I like the sound of that :)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #536: Jan 22, 2018 11:07:06 pm
      Will posters stop with the Coutinho would have made a difference, there is so many examples of these sort of games where he made no difference in the past.

You could say after that Bobby header onto the post and Lallana not wanting it enough it was just written in the stars tonight.

Players were a little too complacent after the City game and just 5% off makes all the difference.

Another day and we would have walked away 2-1 and put it down to a hard fought victory.

I think we would have won with Coutinho or a deep creative playmaker, the team is tailor made one in comparison to seasons before, but whatever.  I also agree that it wasn't our day today. Despite a lackluster performance, we had 5 key chances and should have scored 2/5, especially before half time.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #537: Jan 22, 2018 11:08:25 pm
      I think we would have won with Coutinho or a deep creative playmaker, the team is tailor made one in comparison to seasons before, but whatever.  I also agree that it wasn't our day today. Despite a lackluster performance, we had 5 key chances and should have scored 2/5, especially before half time.

We didn’t against West Brom.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #538: Jan 22, 2018 11:08:50 pm
      Was this the game that showed Robbo's limitations....NO....as I said earlier a left full back looks better when he has quality coming inside like Coutinho or with Mane picking it up.

Mane's movement wasn't great, plus it was being pushed out to Robbo when the only option was to knock it back..as he did most of the night. Credit must go to Swansea for choking us off, covering so deep, it was always going to be a hard. The pitch was slow, the turf was dead. We just laboured and failed to inject pace, Robbo must have had more touches mostly because we had nothing down the right..Mo was inside all night.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #539: Jan 22, 2018 11:11:15 pm
      Was this the game that showed Robbo's limitations....NO....as I said earlier a left full back looks better when he has quality coming inside like Coutinho or with Mane picking it up.

Mane's movement wasn't great, plus it was being pushed out to Robbo when the only option was to knock it back..as he did most of the night. Credit must go to Swansea for choking us off, covering so deep, it was always going to be a hard. The pitch was slow, the turf was dead. We just laboured and failed to inject pace, Robbo must have had more touches mostly because we had nothing down the right..Mo was inside all night.
      We need a near post runner in these games.

A wide man needs something to hit and we dont have the personn to hang it up at the back stick.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #540: Jan 22, 2018 11:15:51 pm
      We didn’t against West Brom.

We didn't, but having one less exceptional/world class player or a missing vital cog in our team gives us less chance of winning
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #541: Jan 22, 2018 11:24:43 pm
      Tonight was about mental attitude,and we're inept
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4586 
      Reply #542: Jan 22, 2018 11:33:23 pm
      The proverbial bad night at the office.

Personally, my sh*t, shall not be lost ;)

We could have played extra time,another 90 mins & still not scored..that pitch looked awful to play on, the whole atmosphere of the game was a bit subdued..

Karma...we break Citeh's unbeaten run & Swansea beat ours...
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #543: Jan 22, 2018 11:53:53 pm
      We playing two park bus teams one in fs cup other away in league hard know which Liverpool team turn up find it very depression that utd buy world class players while we just selling best players when turn good
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #544: Jan 22, 2018 11:55:08 pm
      Hard be Liverpool fan these days we so close winning things we seem two or three players short nite going bed
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #545: Jan 22, 2018 11:57:29 pm
      Hard be Liverpool fan these days we so close winning things we seem two or three players short nite going bed

What was it, 18 games unbeaten and on course for our longest unbeaten run since the mid 90's. Lose 1 game to a lucky goal and suddenly it's hard to support Liverpool.

Couldn't make it up.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #546: Jan 23, 2018 12:00:44 am
      Tonight we missed Coutinho creativity, plane as day we need to replace him  but hey F**k ne out American owners want to profiter and blow me people on her want to defend them. End result we will win nothing
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #547: Jan 23, 2018 12:01:28 am
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #548: Jan 23, 2018 12:02:39 am
      Tonight we missed Coutinho creativity, plane as day we need to replace him  but hey F**k ne out American owners want to profiter and blow me people on her want to defend them. End result we will win nothing

Been plenty of times when that Coutinho magic wasn't enough.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #549: Jan 23, 2018 12:04:49 am
      What was it, 18 games unbeaten and on course for our longest unbeaten run since the mid 90's. Lose 1 game to a lucky goal and suddenly it's hard to support Liverpool.

Couldn't make it up.

I see the doom mongers are back out in force. I swear some of you fuckers enjoy us losing just so that you can have a moan again.
      At the end of the day we were well below our normal standard and Swansea probably had their game of the season plus plenty of luck. sh*t happens to all good teams, it's how we react which is important and if the players are anywhere close to how pissed off Klopp was then I fear for West Brom at the weekend.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #550: Jan 23, 2018 12:06:06 am
      Tonight we missed Coutinho creativity, plane as day we need to replace him  but hey f**k ne out American owners want to profiter and blow me people on her want to defend them. End result we will win nothing

Didn't Coutinho play in the draws to Everton and West Brom, can't recall him being that pivotal against bus parkers.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #551: Jan 23, 2018 12:09:01 am
      Not moan fact not just these year be like these years if won more against bottom teams home and away we have chance win league not just turn up as cup match against top teams in league

Quick Reply