Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Loris Karius
      4 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (11.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (28.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (30.5%)
      Emre Can
      4 (6.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2018 12:17:16 am

Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29762 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Jan 23, 2018 12:16:27 pm
      A blip ??? hahaha

(taken from reddit)
      ''We've lost to a relegated team nearly every season over there last decade. If anything a bottom team losing to Liverpool is bad luck for them.
      08 Reading
      09 Boro
      10 Portsmouth
      11 Blackpool, West Ham
      12 Bolton
      14 Didn't lose but a draw against WBA in the middle of what wouldve been a 15 have win streak cost us the title
      15 Hull
      16 Newcastle
      17 Hull
      18 Swansea?
      9/11 seasons, Liverpoool have lost to a team that got relegated''

And yeah yeah it's always next season.. also if you think that a team that lost to the last placed in the PL deserves 7/10 I'm sorry but you're being delusional.
      F**k,I remember that game against boro in 2009 they couldn't buy a win
      And hadn't won in something like 15 games ,they beat us at the riverside 2-0 & we were flying that season.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #599: Jan 23, 2018 01:21:03 pm
      Move on to the next game that's really all we can do and just forget about last night.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #600: Jan 23, 2018 01:33:27 pm
      Still think we need top forward look at ings come on very depression he good enough

Just F**k off you absolute weapon.

Ings tried his best when he came on, Mane played longer than Ings last night and was absolute dogshit, continually giving the ball away.
      Sick of this you can only be a top forward if we pay absolute F***ing billions for them.

We were sh*te all night F***ing long, even before they scored, yeah loads of possession, but means F**k all, when you don't do anything with it and continually play the wrong pass or give the ball away, which we did all night.

For all the nice footie, our best chance came when we went direct.

After the performance against city and all the good things we did in that game, wen then go and forget all that and give the performance we gave last night, just wasn't good enough.

Gini went missing again, Gomez showing he still ain't good enough for centre-back yet cos he still loses his head and dives in selling himself far too easily. in fact there's not many in red who put in a good performance.

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018 01:37:33 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #601: Jan 23, 2018 01:47:04 pm
      At least it was a good night for one Red well done Kyle Edmund.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #602: Jan 23, 2018 01:59:13 pm
      Move on to the next game that's really all we can do and just forget about last night.

yes,yes,yes

The sooner the better, need to get over this asap. ;)

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #603: Jan 23, 2018 02:06:43 pm
      Width was the biggest problem last night and If you look at any of the draws we have had against organised defences this season it was the same for those games also. Juergen likes his three forwards to play narrow with the full backs providing virtually all of the width. That didn't work last night and it was clear that Salah and Mane needed to be high and wide with our full backs overlapping. I can't remember one situation where we forced any of their centre-halves to come out into a wide area, they were able to stay very narrow and consequently we just tried to play through them time and time again. I think we would have been better off switching to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 for the 2nd half.  You could have shifted Ox out to the right, Salam to the left and played Firmino and Mane through the middle. I don't know if he was on the bench but I felt TAA would have been a better choice for this one and was surprised he didn't come on at some point, Gomez is tidy in possession but doesn't offer the same attacking threat as Trent.

As for sticking the blame in the likes of Can and Gino? Not their fault imo. They were doing what they are asked to do every week. I've noticed that when our front players don't perform it's often the likes of Can, Gini and Henderson who get the blame in here.

Longer term I ink the manager needs to look at a slightly different way of unlocking this type of team (you can guarantee a few others will play a similar formation and style in The next few games). But after a 18-19 game unbeaten run that mostly consisted of victories ill not be screaming too loudly. We're still in the top 4 and we've got FA cup and Champions League to look forward to.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #604: Jan 23, 2018 02:48:40 pm
      Poor performance on the whole, last night. Move on to the next game, hoping for a much improved performance.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #605: Jan 23, 2018 02:50:51 pm
      I was actually going to type something after about 8 mins about the slow start and that we didnt look at the races but couldnt be arsed with the responses about negativity. Does anyone else get that early feeling that you know how its going to play certainly against some sides ?

Understand about the slow start, but as the match went on I thought for certain goals were coming.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #606: Jan 23, 2018 02:53:38 pm
      I still think he was the best of the 3 last night.

You may be right, which is why I think our summer purchase needs to be a boss midfielder to go with Keita and Ox. Gini, Hendo and Lallana would be the backups, and I expect Emre (brilliant about every fourth match) to depart.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #607: Jan 23, 2018 03:10:48 pm
      WTF was that last night ?

Seriously.

Blew our chance to shake off the Spuds.   Come May we could rue last night's joke of a result.

Mr Levy needs the CL money next season for their new stadium.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #608: Jan 23, 2018 03:19:01 pm

Seriously.

Blew our chance to shake off the Spuds.   Come May we could rue last night's joke of a result.

He'll just have to take United's place then when we finish 2nd.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #609: Jan 23, 2018 03:19:03 pm

Seriously.

NFL games will cover the losses they make from failing to qualify for the CL..shrewd move from Levy on the Stadia & incorporating the NFL..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #610: Jan 23, 2018 03:29:27 pm
      Can't understand people here who are saying that Swansea were parking the Bus. I don't care who you are, City, Chelsea Real or Barca, if We have 70% of the possession they are going to have to defend more... And even when Swansea had the ball they tried to break forward in numbers.They did not sit back trying to keep hold of the ball hoping to get a point out of the game.

It is not down to other teams to open up their game to suit us. If a team does decide to park the bus then it is up to the manager and our players to break them down. Other teams can do it so why does LFC find it so hard to do.... We play wonderful free following football which is more suited to teams that do the same, but during a course of a season we are going play teams that are in the relegation zone who will be fighting for their lives and a point to them will be like picking up 3 and they will on occasion be parking the bus. It is on us to be able to break them down not on the to open up the play
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #611: Jan 23, 2018 03:41:41 pm
      Understand about the slow start, but as the match went on I thought for certain goals were coming.

Not here, more and more the game went on I was fairly certain we weren't gonna score, seen last nights performance so many times over the last couple of years.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #612: Jan 23, 2018 03:51:52 pm
      Can't understand people here who are saying that Swansea were parking the Bus. I don't care who you are, City, Chelsea Real or Barca, if We have 70% of the possession they are going to have to defend more... And even when Swansea had the ball they tried to break forward in numbers.They did not sit back trying to keep hold of the ball hoping to get a point out of the game.

It is not down to other teams to open up their game to suit us. If a team does decide to park the bus then it is up to the manager and our players to break them down. Other teams can do it so why does LFC find it so hard to do.... We play wonderful free following football which is more suited to teams that do the same, but during a course of a season we are going play teams that are in the relegation zone who will be fighting for their lives and a point to them will be like picking up 3 and they will on occasion be parking the bus. It is on us to be able to break them down not on the to open up the play

So did they park the bus or not in your opinion, it wasn't clear what you thought from your post. BTW I think its up to every team to play how they see fit, but it is horribly negative football although effective sometimes.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #613: Jan 23, 2018 04:46:14 pm
      At least it was a good night for one Red well done Kyle Edmund.

I love tennis, he's playing very well. Keep it up, YNWA :)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #614: Jan 23, 2018 04:58:57 pm
      The midfield were woefull last night, Can lathargic , Ox went missing and Gini no point in him playing in an away game, shocking last night Two steps forward and One backwards.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #615: Jan 23, 2018 05:00:55 pm
      Not here, more and more the game went on I was fairly certain we weren't gonna score, seen last nights performance so many times over the last couple of years.

That's what is frustrating we have seen it so many times before, yet we do nothing to overcome these tactics
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #616: Jan 23, 2018 05:38:39 pm
      If Mane doesn't slip when Mo chips it over to him in the 1st... If the keeper doesn't make a strong save on Mo's free kick...If Gomez shoots on target...If Mo squares to Mane instead of shooting...If Virgil's header is on target...If Emre takes his chance...If Bobby doesn't hit the post...If Adam doesn't volley over from 3 yards away...there were others, but the point remains - our tactics created chances for us. We just didn't finish.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2018 12:47:47 am by Robby The Z »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #617: Jan 23, 2018 05:40:29 pm
      If Mane doesn't slip when Mo chips it over to him in the 1st... If the keeper doesn't make a strong save on Mo's free kick...If Gomez shoots on target...If Mo sqaures to Mane instead of shooting...If Virgil's header is on target...If Emre takes his chance...If Bobby doesn't hit the post...If Adam doesn't volley over from 3 yards away...there were others, but the point remains - our tactics created chances fo rus. We just didn't finish.

Robby I hearz ya.......but IF my auntie had baws she’d be my uncle.

And, after 5 kids, a multi-millionaire.

;)
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #618: Jan 23, 2018 06:49:35 pm
      Lallana must be in the frame in place of Mane, for the next 3/4 games. Front 6 would look like this: Wijnaldum,Can,Alex,Lallana,Firmino,Salah.

Mane for whatever reason has lost the plot. He should be swopping sides at will with Salah. But no he justs plods on running up blind alleyways. No need to panic but Mane hasn't really looked the part all season.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #619: Jan 23, 2018 08:04:04 pm
      What was bad last night was the midfield, that bad Matip had to keep bringing the ball out from the back because the midfield went missing
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #620: Jan 23, 2018 08:05:16 pm
      That's what is frustrating we have seen it so many times before, yet we do nothing to overcome these tactics
      Agreed, and what concerns me is that West Brom and Huddersfield up next will play exactly the same as Swansea did last night.
      Flat back 10 relying on ale house free kicks and corners hoofed into our zonal panic area.

Quick Reply